PDA

View Full Version : Weiss had emergency surgery today

WhoRtheChefs
09-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Just heard on MNF pregame show, emergency gall bladder surgery.

Best wishes to a quick and healthy recovery.

josh1971
09-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Yikes! Recover quick, Charlie!

tornadospotter
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Glad that it is a Bye week! But make one wonder, who was actually doing the play calling? Was he functional during the game? Or was he under medical influence? If so I hope he keeps some of that influence for future games!

Get well soon Charlie.

josh1971
09-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Glad that it is a Bye week! But make one wonder, who was actually doing the play calling? Was he functional during the game? Or was he under medical influence? If so I hope he keeps some of that influence for future games!

Get well soon Charlie.

Knowing gall bladders (half my family has had theirs removed), he was fine during the game. Those have a tendency to really live up to "emergency" surgery.

rodu
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
So he could have been fine one moment, then in intense pain the next?

Pro_Angler
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
man hope he is ok..im sure hell be there in two weeks in the booth as usuak.

matthewschiefs
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Not good news. Hope he gets better soon.

tammietailgator
09-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Get well soon Charlie.

Maybe this is where canada can fit in.... ! LOL! I hope for his speedy recovery - nobody NEEDS a gallbladder! :chiefs:

josh1971
09-28-2010, 03:53 AM
So he could have been fine one moment, then in intense pain the next?

That can happen, but it sounds like in the case of Weiss, he was diagnosed with some kind of infection 2 days ago. But for it to be emergency surgery, it must have started to really bother him.

But yes, between gall stones, or your gall bladder just crapping out, it can come on very suddenly.

JB

honda522
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I had heard he knew he needed surgery before this weeks game. He had put it off till after this game so he could coach.

What a coach!

matthewschiefs
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I had heard he knew he needed surgery before this weeks game. He had put it off till after this game so he could coach.

What a coach!

He certainly put the team first last week. Got to admire that.

Chiefster
09-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Hope he is alright.

rodu
09-29-2010, 07:54 AM
What's the time table for a recover for such a surgery?

wildcat
09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Something tells me that he will be back in time to call plays against the Colts.

One of my co-workers had surgery a few year back that I think was pretty similar to this. If so, Weiss is probably going to have to make some changes to his diet. After having your gallbladder removed your stomach can't handle food with much fat in it.

stricken721
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
What's the time table for a recover for such a surgery?

It really depends on the person. A couple of days or a week is about normal.

kcvet
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
no big deal. had mine removed back in the 80's. its done by general surgery. he'll be sore a few weeks.

N TX Dave
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM
no big deal. had mine removed back in the 80's. its done by general surgery. he'll be sore a few weeks.

I would not be suprised that it was done micro surgery now and the recovery time is even shorter. If he had not been infected he probably would have had day surgery and been home the same night not sure just they have made so much progress in those type of things since the 80's.

kcvet
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
I would not be suprised that it was done micro surgery now and the recovery time is even shorter. If he had not been infected he probably would have had day surgery and been home the same night not sure just they have made so much progress in those type of things since the 80's.

no mine was done probably like his. endoscopic surgery. leaves a very small scar. but he may be inpatient for a few days. for about 2 weeks it was painful to sit up. he'll also have a follow up or 2 as well.
if was an emergency the gal bladder was full a stones.
these are money makers for general surgery. last may i had hernia surgery. now that was pure pain !!!!

N TX Dave
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
no mine was done probably like his. endoscopic surgery. leaves a very small scar. but he may be inpatient for a few days. for about 2 weeks it was painful to sit up. he'll also have a follow up or 2 as well.
if was an emergency the gal bladder was full a stones.
these are money makers for general surgery. last may i had hernia surgery. now that was pure pain !!!!

I have no first hand experience as I have never had an operation (knock on wood) you sound like you are speaking from experience so I will believe you.

kcvet
09-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I have no first hand experience as I have never had an operation (knock on wood) you sound like you are speaking from experience so I will believe you.

it takes time for the body to recover from any kind of surgery