PDA

View Full Version : What's happening?

AussieChief
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
What's happening? Are we a different team from last year or not!!!!

tornadospotter
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes we are, we are 3-0 and two game lead in the AFC West, last year we were not. We now have believe! The team believes now, that on any game day, they can win. Last season, they did not. Huge difference in attitude when you know you can win, instead of we got to get to winning. That is my take, we have scary talent on this team. For some this is the year they need to make it, lots of new talent making themselves known, that they believe and proving it, so far.

AussieChief
09-28-2010, 12:44 AM
It's great to be an Australian, looking on the nfl.com website and seeing a chiefs win.

tammietailgator
09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
I say if we go all the way, we petition the chiefs players to get you and your family here for a superbowl!

AussieChief
09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
I say if we go all the way, we petition the chiefs players to get you and your family here for a superbowl!

Haha. YES!!! haha that would good:)

mejohnm
09-28-2010, 05:30 AM
I also have to say watching the Chiefs here in Germany has also been great. I watched them around 7pm my time through nfl.com game pass. The last years have been tough for me and my son. He is a bit too young to stay up late into the games and the next morning, he would ask me... did they win? I would say no :( But this year, I got the chance to tell him 3 times now , YES! They won!

Seek
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM

Yes it is a different team. Pioli came in to fix this franchise. To get better you have to take a step back and then build from the bottom. Last years team was a cleansing year. The Chiefs got rid of the riff raff, and saw who wanted to play. That includes the coaches. The Chiefs had to gut the building and clean off the foundation.

This year is truly the first year of the rebuilding process. The actual rebuild. Where players and coaches start to build a foundation to build from.

Expecting this team to make the super bowl or the play off is nice, but probably not a very realistic expectation. The play offs more realistic but only because the schedule is so easy. I would rather go into the play offs, knowing we thumped some heads to get there, and have no problems doing it agin. Yes the Chiefs are 3-0 but they very easily could be 3-2 real quick and we will see what this team and fans are truly made off in the next three weeks.

I am excited this team is doing well, I am even more excited about the future after this team matures and develops.

One thing is for sure, I the Haley haters are questioning their own opinions right now. The only argument they can make right now is not giving Charles the ball more and that is really it.

KCINNYC
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I also have to say watching the Chiefs here in Germany has also been great. I watched them around 7pm my time through nfl.com game pass. The last years have been tough for me and my son. He is a bit too young to stay up late into the games and the next morning, he would ask me... did they win? I would say no :( But this year, I got the chance to tell him 3 times now , YES! They won!

That is great. Raising a Chiefs fan in Germany. How awesome.

I love that we are 3-0 but don't want a Denver meltdown like last year.

However, if we beat Indy I might just kill myself from sensory overload.:chiefs: :chiefs:

kilobytes
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
We are MUCH better especially with play calling. Fantastic coaches this year.

Off topic:
Wait, what happened to your old account?

Digitech
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

Not to be a doubter, but you have to consider that we played a mediocre-bad team at home(San Diego), a terrible team on the road (Cleveland), then a terrible team at home (San Francisco).

Those three times have one win combined.

Actually, looking at the schedule, the Chiefs really only have one game against a proven contender, Indianapolis. The rest are all against bad or mediocre teams. As a result, KC could easily win a lot of games this year.

Just how many depends on whether they really are a different team or not. If they are a 'different team', they will win 10+ games with this schedule.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

matthewschiefs
09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

Not to be a doubter, but you have to consider that we played a mediocre-bad team at home(San Diego), a terrible team on the road (Cleveland), then a terrible team at home (San Francisco).

Actually, looking at the schedule, the Chiefs really only have one game against a proven contender, Indianapolis. The rest are all against bad or mediocre teams. As a result, KC could easily win a lot of games this year.

Just how many depends on whether they really are a different team or not. If they are a 'different team', they will win 10+ games with this schedule.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

I don't think that there is any doubt that we are a far better team then a year ago. Yeah we have not beat a clear cut great team yet but from last year we got KILLED by the Chargers twice and we lost to Cleveland. The fact that we beat them says we are better alone. I think this team can get to the playoffs. But I won't start printing playoff tickets just yet.

And welcome to the Chiefscrowd:chiefs:

Connie Jo
09-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

Welcome to Chiefs Crowd! :)

That said...I disagree with you. San Diego has not been considered a mediocre bad team, and even at home we were the underdogs. As well, Cleveland has a history for beating the best teams in the NFL, upsetting...they're cold & hot, and no team knows which they'll be "on any given Sunday." Lastly, the same true of Cleveland can be said for the 49er's, of which we were also declared underdogs at home. Many so called experts claimed the 49er's were better than the Saints...which have been a contending team in recent seasons.

There is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL...EVER! You have to go in to each game giving your all, or you're gonna lose...period.

GO CHIEFS!!! Soon to be 4-0!!! We're the Chiefs...our next opponent are horses...we're gonna jump on their backs and ride those ponies bareback to a 4-0 record!! YEEHAW!!

:beat_DeadHorse:

Coach
09-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

So are you saying that Houston is a mediocre/bad team? We play them at Houston. The same place they beat the Colts. Its hard to say who is bad/mediocre after 3 games. Just like its hard to say how good the Chiefs will be this year after only seeing 3 games.
One thing I'm very excited about this team is their balance so far. Special teams, defense, and offense all seem to be clicking. That's more than anyone can say about Indy. We'll see if our defense and special teams play are enough to offset their decided advantage at qb.
I'm going to be at the game with all of my colts fan friends. I'd love nothing more than to rub their face in a KC victory.

Three7s
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
San Diego a mediocre to bad team? REALLY?! I think you need to follow football a bit more closely.

Big Daddy Tek
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM

Thats really outstanding. Great story from an over seas fan. Great to hear your son is a Chiefs fan already!

Pro_Angler
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
The more I look at the last game, if we stay consistant, we can beat any team in the league, as long as haley keeps everyone at one game and one play at a time, we very well can go undefeated. Im not saying we are, but we could.

Canada
09-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Hmm, I am not so sure.

But two of those teams beat us last year. SD is putting up a ton of points against other teams. SF is not as bad as they are playing right now. You say they have one win, but they have three losses because of the Chiefs

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

I think .500 ball for the rest of the season is very realistic and that will put us ap around 9 or 10 wins. I know we have an easy schedule, but that is not reason to say we have not improved. Just because we played a bad team does not mean we arent good. We didnt just win against the 49ers. We handed them their as$es. The last time I saw the Chiefs do that was...well Denver at the end of last season!! :lol: But these guys are hungery and playing their as$es off right to the end and that has won us two games. Are we SuperBowl contenders? Maybe maybe not yet, but we are well on our way. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
09-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I think .500 ball for the rest of the season is very realistic and that will put us ap around 9 or 10 wins. I know we have an easy schedule, but that is not reason to say we have not improved. Just because we played a bad team does not mean we arent good. We didnt just win against the 49ers. We handed them their as. The last time I saw the Chiefs do that was...well Denver at the end of last season!! :lol: But these guys are hungery and playing their as off right to the end and that has won us two games. Are we SuperBowl contenders? Maybe maybe not yet, but we are well on our way. :bananen_smilies046:

I don't think that anyone is trying to say that the team has not improved.

I think that many are trying to determine just how much the team has improved. And that being undefeated may be a bit of a misleading impression.

I am not saying that for myself.

Since the offseason hirings of Weiss and Crennel, I have been extremely excited about this team, for this season.

But extremely uncertain about what to expect, or hope for.

And while 3-0, having beaten The Chargers and destroyed The Niners, I am extremely encouraged.

But the small sample that we have seen (Three games isn't a whole lot.) and the inconsistencies that have been present have me needing more information before I am able to make a judgement about how good this team is.

It is no surprise that the extremely optimistic fans are extremely optimistic about our 3-0 start.

But for those who go out of their way to not be specifically optimistic, nor pessemistic, we are going to wonder if this defensive front seven, the same front seven that was pretty bad last season, is really as good as it seems to be at this point. We will wonder if Brandon Albert is for real this time, or if he is just going through another stretch of excellent play, as he has done the past two seasons.

There are plenty of things to be uncertain about. And the more we see of those things, the better our idea of them will be.

But, make no doubt about it, we can't wait to get to The Colts!!!!!

:chiefs:

figcrostic
10-01-2010, 08:49 AM

No better coaching other then a few guys we are the same team it's crazy how good of a job Romeo Crennel has done with our defense.

figcrostic
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
The more I look at the last game, if we stay consistant, we can beat any team in the league, as long as haley keeps everyone at one game and one play at a time, we very well can go undefeated. Im not saying we are, but we could.

if we win over 7 I'm happy, if we go 8-8 im very happy and if we go to the playoffs I'm going to make a shrine for Haley in my apartment.

GlennBree
10-01-2010, 11:30 AM

I second that! Wouldn't that be something!!!

chief31
10-02-2010, 06:28 PM
if we win over 7 I'm happy, if we go 8-8 im very happy and if we go to the playoffs I'm going to make a shrine for Haley in my apartment.

Not good enough!

If we go to the playoffs, I demand that you create a shrine to Matt Cassel!

:lol:

figcrostic
10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Not good enough!

If we go to the playoffs, I demand that you create a shrine to Matt Cassel!

:lol:

If Matt Cassel is the reason we go to the playoffs he will get two shrines

azchiefsfan
10-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Matt is going to be fine. Does anyone but me remember how many hits that man took last year? His confidence at the beginning of the season was at 0%. He is up to about 50% now. He settled down alot more last Sunday and performed well enough to not cost us the game. He no longer feels he has to win the game. Taking that pressure off himself and having a real running game will let him get more into his Patriots form. I think Croyle would also thrive in this new offense. He too was running for his life far too often. As I said 3 times before the season to the doubters, you could see in the preseason every game this group of guys were BELIEVING they could win and it carried over to the regular season. Settle down fellow Chiefs fans, this is gonna get gooder and gooder.( :

chief31
10-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Cassel, to me, seems like our "ace in the hole".

We are at 3-0 and he really hasn't come out of his shell yet.

Considering how well our defense, running game and ST have been playing, imagine what could be if Cassel gets this passing game rolling consistently.

We may well have not seen the best of this team yet.

Chiefster
10-04-2010, 12:19 AM

Considering how well our defense, running game and ST have been playing, imagine what could be if Cassel gets this passing game rolling consistently.

Let us all hope this to be the case!

Connie Jo
10-04-2010, 12:41 AM

Yep! I was beginning to lose just a wee bit of my faith in Cassel the first half of the 49er's game, but it didn't last long, haha. I had the same thoughts after witnessing the 2nd half...once Cassel's game opens up to that of total comfort & confidence...well, it's gonna be nothing but incredible beyond belief. Assuming all other factors remain consistent.

Regardless of what I've read & heard others say...Cassel does have a strong long & accurate passing arm...I've seen it, last season & this season. A long accurate passing game is a critical factor in being a complete team of Super Bowl caliber...in my opinion anyway. :)

AussieChiefsFan
10-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Oh yeah! We are! :chiefs:

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah! We are! :chiefs:

:lol: did you just answer your own question?

Pro_Angler
10-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I think the coming out party (no pun intended) for cassell in the second half of the 9rs game is a direct reflection on how the D was playing along with field position we were getting from ST.
This allowed the offense to get confortable and take some chances, unlike the close game against SD and Cleveland.