View Full Version : looking ahead to indy

whatwasthat?
09-28-2010, 11:21 AM
run run run run run run run

and keep peyton manning off the field

my expert opinion :beer:

matthewschiefs
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
At the start of the season I really didn't think that we had a chance to win this game. But now seeing that Bob Sanders is out with injury yet again and with the way that our D has been playing I think there is a chance that we upset them at home. I think that us going 4-0 can and will happen. As long as we run run run and keep 18 on the sideline. If we do that we win.

#58ChiefsFan
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
This is going to be the toughest game of the year for us. Houston at home the following week a close second in difficulty.

We have to win the time of posesion. If we can get a pass rush going and rattle Manning a few times he seems to unravel at times. Problem with the blitz is that Indy is so good at the short drop off pass that they kill defenses that way.

They will not run on us but our secondary will really be tested. Manning will expose our young seconday and they will need to bring there A game to have a chance at winning this game.

If we don't turn the ball over, manage the clock and win the special teams battle we can win this game.

SIC J
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Pretty much.

I don't think Indy's defense is all that great against the run. No reason why the Chiefs shouldn't be able to control the clock and run all over them.

And yes, put pressure on Manning. Gotta blitz him all game. If not, Manning will chew up the secondary.

#58ChiefsFan
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
X factor for this game - ROMEO

kilobytes
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I thought we were going to lose this game before the last game. But now I think we stand a chance. The colts are not as good as they used to be....Manning is the only one keeping them together. He will pick our secondary apart though I'm afraid. At least our safeties. Should be close but the Colts have the edge for sure.

matthewschiefs
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I thought we were going to lose this game before the last game. But now I think we stand a chance. The colts are not as good as they used to be....Manning is the only one keeping them together. He will pick our secondary apart though I'm afraid. At least our safeties. Should be close but the Colts have the edge for sure.

I was much the same way when I saw that we played them I put a L there. But now that Bob sanders is not there and there run d is not good we can run the ball and keep there offense off the field.

Hali and Dorsey are going to have to be big factors on the defensive side of the ball. If they get after manning like we got after Smith last week then I think that makes we steal this one from them.

Chief Tyler
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I definitely think we have a shot as well, there doesn't appear to be a team in the NFL right now that is head and shoulders above the rest like last year with the Saints and Colts. I think the X-factor in the game is going to be both the lines. The Colts pass rush is pretty scary, hopefully the line can hold up against them so we have some semblance of a passing attack. The run should be fine.

The dline needs another incredible performance. I don't expect the team to stop Peyton, but if they can contain a pretty underrated running game, it'll up to Peyton to carry them, and in recent history, teams that rely too heavily on the pass without some sort of balance don't fare too well.

figcrostic
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM

That and put pressure on Peyton he has a tendency to fold when he's knocked around. Also Cassel needs to dump the ball quickly freeney and mathis are two of the best in the league and rushing the qb.Hopefully Gilbery and Hali can knock peyton around.

chief31
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Manning does have a history for having difficulties against a 3-4 defense. And we will need to stop them, or get turnovers, a few times to beat them.

But I, too, am far more optimistic about that game than I was before the season started.

If The Colts struggle to stop running plays at the LOS, as they did against Houston in week 1, then Charles will score very quickly, getting The Colts' offense back on the field.

I don't entirely trust our inside "power" rushing attack yet, to carry the load. So our defense will have to find a way to confuse and frustrate Payton Manning.

Connie Jo
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
It's very nice to see such optimism for our Chiefs, rather than not.

Not meaning to gloat, honestly...but I predicted we'd draft Eric Berry against a majority, and we did. I predicted we'd be 3-0 at this point, and we are. I'm putting my neck on the chopping block further...predicting we will indeed win in Indy, and advance to 4-0!! YEEHAW!! :)

My predictions for drafting Berry were based upon research, history, logic & reason...trying to put myself in the shoes of Pioli, thinking as he would as a GM from a winning, profit, & fan draw aspect...all of which the Chiefs Organization was in most desperate need of. My prediction for us being 3-0 was also based upon logic & reason, as well, paying close attention to details overlooked by the media especially....noting that our beloved Chiefs in 2009 had an under estimated & under recognized talent & ability masked by last seasons record. All we needed was the right mix of coaching, a talented rookie draft, few holes filled during the off season. I threw a bit of blind faith & love in the mix too, & a gut hunch, hahaha. I'm predicting we beat Indy based upon the same method.

GO CHIEFS!!!! 4-0!!! Soon to be!! YEEHAW!

Coach
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
The best way to neautralize the pass rush of freeney and mathis is to be successful at running the ball. I agree with other posters that the only way to beat manning is to keep him on the sideline. I would expect run, run, and more run to be the gameplan. Romeo has faced peyton several times while in new england and cleveland. I would expect us to slow him down a little, but they will score points.
We should win the special teams battle. I think this game could be won if we win the turnover battle. Protect the ball, burn the clock, and hope to have a chance at the end. Very similar to how the Jets played the Colts last year.
Colts D is swiss cheese. Houston ran all over them. Kyle Orton threw for 450± yards against them. We have a shot to beat this team. Chiefs Will!

xtremeNFLfan
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I live in KC and have always rooted for the Chiefs, through thick and thin. I do however find it funny how all these people think because the chiefs have had 1 good game, against a mediocre team, that was 0-2 when we faced them, all of a sudden think they are a team of the same caliber of the colts or the patriots. I love my home team, and will root for them, but I fear that the outcome will not be good for us. We have not faced a team with such an explosive offense like theirs. Their running game could use work, yes, but their passing game is undeniably, one of the best. Our secondary will be put to the test, as well as our O-line. I do not know how they plan on containing Manning. He is known for picking defenses apart and making plays that count. I just hope that Haley has a game plan, and we do somehow some way, defeat Indy. Go CHiefs! :chiefs:

Chiefster
09-29-2010, 03:13 AM
I live in KC and have always rooted for the Chiefs, through thick and thin. I do however find it funny how all these people think because the chiefs have had 1 good game, against a mediocre team, that was 0-2 when we faced them, all of a sudden think they are a team of the same caliber of the colts or the patriots. I love my home team, and will root for them, but I fear that the outcome will not be good for us. We have not faced a team with such an explosive offense like theirs. Their running game could use work, yes, but their passing game is undeniably, one of the best. Our secondary will be put to the test, as well as our O-line. I do not know how they plan on containing Manning. He is known for picking defenses apart and making plays that count. I just hope that Haley has a game plan, and we do somehow some way, defeat Indy. Go CHiefs! :chiefs:

I agree, Manning gets rid of the ball entirely to quick to think that we can get to him with just a three or even four down lineman rush. In order to get to Manning and rattle his cage we are going to have to blitz early and often while doing a good job of disguising the blitz, or Manning will burn us good. IMO.

nigeriannightmare
09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
X factor for this game - ROMEO

absolutey. he has peyton's number. or at least he had peyton's number.

hometeam
09-29-2010, 10:37 PM
we CAN win this game!

run run run and keep peyton on the bench.

I have faith that the coaching staff will have a good gameplan.

Pro_Angler
09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
we absolutely need to do a excellent job of desguising and executing our blitz packages, Peyton is a genies at reaing defense and blitz's.
Run the ball down thier throats and a mix of passes..equals win..

Chiefster
09-30-2010, 12:07 AM
we absolutely need to do a excellent job of desguising and executing our blitz packages, Peyton is a genies at reaing defense and blitz's.
Run the ball down thier throats and a mix of passes..equals win..

Works for me! :bananen_smilies046:

Fastphilly
09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
If we come in with a blitz then it's essential for the corners to press and take away the inside short slants..Thats Peyton's bread and butter hot read almost every time a blitz is brought in. There should be no reason for our young safties to bite on play action since the Colt's running game is below average..No deep bombs please!! Run the ball and keep Manning on the Bench and we have a good chance..Romeo seems to have Peyton's number when it comes to getting him off his game..

Connie Jo
09-30-2010, 02:03 AM

Well, just for my own sake I want to clarify, that I for one...have not had faith in my Chiefs based upon one good game, nor even all three wins this season. Rather, my posting history shall reveal, that I've had undeniable faith in my Chiefs each and every game, as well as season. Until they lose a game, I believe they will win the game, regardless of any logic, record, or stats, etc...related to the Chiefs or the opponent.

Call it blind love or faith in my Chiefs, whatever...it is what it is, always has been, and will never change. Until I see with my own eyes Indy wins...I say the Chiefs will win. YEEHAW! GO CHIEFS!! Soon to be 4-0!!

:yahoo: :chiefs: :beat_DeadHorse:

xtremeNFLfan
09-30-2010, 03:55 AM
I like the optimism!

Canada
09-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I stipped and took a piss on Lucas Oil Stadium on the way home from KC!!

kcvet
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
manning will be a passing fool in this one

Ryfo18
09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Just saw this stat:

Peyton Manning vs Patriots under Crennel: a passer rating of 73.3 and a record of 0-6.

It'll be a dog fight, I think the Chiefs have a legitimate chance to win this game though.

matthewschiefs
09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Just saw this stat:

Peyton Manning vs Patriots under Crennel: a passer rating of 73.3 and a record of 0-6.

It'll be a dog fight, I think the Chiefs have a legitimate chance to win this game though.

Lets make it 0-7 :chiefs:

Chiefster
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Lets make it 0-7 :chiefs:

That would be nice.

Lazeye
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I've had undeniable faith in my Chiefs each and every game, as well as season. Until they lose a game, I believe they will win the game, regardless of any logic, record, or stats, etc...related to the Chiefs or the opponent.

Call it blind love or faith in my Chiefs, whatever...it is what it is, always has been, and will never change. Until I see with my own eyes Indy wins...I say the Chiefs will win. YEEHAW! GO CHIEFS!! Soon to be 4-0!!

:yahoo: :chiefs: :beat_DeadHorse:I am the same way, I dont think I have ever said oh the chiefs are going to lose that one.

KristofLaw
10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Sorry to rouse bad memories, but my grudge towards the Colts stems from our defeat towards them during our last playoff meeting. I quickly found out the truth after my eyes were opened on how smug Peyton Manning can be since. Sad to say I used to be a fan before hand, I would love to retrieve some of our football mystic they stole from us that evening...

stricken721
10-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Sorry to rouse bad memories, but my grudge towards the Colts stems from our defeat towards them during our last playoff meeting. I quickly found out the truth after my eyes were opened on how smug Peyton Manning can be since. Sad to say I used to be a fan before hand, I would love to retrieve some of our football mystic they stole from us that evening...

Do you mean the playoff meeting in 03 or 06? I hated both of those games..

Chiefster
10-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Do you mean the playoff meeting in 03 or 06? I hated both of those games..

There was another one in "95" if I'm not mistaken.

stricken721
10-03-2010, 01:25 AM

Yep. But he was talking about when Peyton Manning was the QB in Indy. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Yep. But he was talking about when Peyton Manning was the QB in Indy. :bananen_smilies046:

You are correct sir!

Besides the reason we lost in "95" was due to a certain place kicker who shall forever remain nameless here and be forever ostracized throughout the annals Chiefs history.

Connie Jo
10-03-2010, 01:59 AM

Yep! I've not had any love for the Colts or Manning since the playoff games against the Chiefs either. Manning is smug, about as arrogant as they come. I've seen too many temper tantrums from him on the field, including belittling his teammates with his holier than thou attitude. No excuse for his attitude, regardless. Manning doesn't have the rings & accomplishments Montana has, and Joe isn't smug or arrogant, nor was he belittling to his teammates.

As far as I'm concerned...the one ring Manning does have was luck, nothing more. The Colts weren't the best team in the NFL...the Super Bowl & victory were dropped in their laps...just my honest opinion.

Fastphilly
10-03-2010, 05:00 AM
You are correct sir!

Besides the reason we lost in "95" was due to a certain place kicker who shall forever remain nameless here and be forever ostracized throughout the annals Chiefs history.
That was the closest we got to the Super Bowl since post Montana..A dreary day if I remember. It was overcast and very cold, both QB's were inept to get the ball in the endzone..Our defence was so stellar that year that it turned into a battle of field goals. Their kicker made them and ours did'nt..That cinderella Colts team should have beat the Steelers the following week. The Steelers receiver stepped on the back endzone line and it was'nt called...

Fastphilly
10-03-2010, 05:01 AM
You are correct sir!

That was the closest we got to the Super Bowl since post Montana..A dreary day if I remember. It was overcast and very cold, both QB's were inept to get the ball in the endzone..Our defence was so stellar that year that it turned into a battle of field goals. Their kicker made them and ours did'nt..That cinderella Colts team should have beat the Steelers the following week. The Steelers receiver stepped on the back endzone line and it was'nt called...

#58ChiefsFan
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Jacksonville just knocked off the colts.

Neither team looked dominate, the colts passed too much and Jacksonville while more balanced ran most of the time.

If we were playing either of these teams today I bet we would be 4-0.

kcvet
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
both the donks and bolts win. the Faiders fade

xtremeNFLfan
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Jacksonville just knocked off the colts.

Neither team looked dominate, the colts passed too much and Jacksonville while more balanced ran most of the time.

If we were playing either of these teams today I bet we would be 4-0.
are you kidding me, manning 357 yards and two td's, and they were able to run the ball...not sure what game you were watching. With colts loss this weekend, Chiefs are going to have a very tough game ahead of them...and on a side note, last time KC beat the colts was November of 1985

Pro_Angler
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
are you kidding me, manning 357 yards and two td's, and they were able to run the ball...not sure what game you were watching. With colts loss this weekend, Chiefs are going to have a very tough game ahead of them...and on a side note, last time KC beat the colts was November of 1985

Bye go troll somewheres else!!!!!!!

stricken721
10-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Bye go troll somewheres else!!!!!!!

He ain't trolling.

chief31
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM

Nevermind ProAngler. He hates everybody.

But I think having our 3-4 defense playing tough gives us a chance to get Payton off of the field a few times. He has struggled against 3-4s more often than not.

Plus, with our running game gaining confidence with every game, I wouldn't be too terribly sure that The Colts can't drop below .500 in the W/L column.

xtremeNFLfan
10-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree, i think if we can keep peyton off the field, we have a shot. I am def going to be rooting for the chiefs, I just think this game will really be able to tell people whether they are "contenders or pretenders", a quote I heard earlier today. GO CHIEFS!

chief31
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I agree, i think if we can keep peyton off the field, we have a shot. I am def going to be rooting for the chiefs, I just think this game will really be able to tell people whether they are "contenders or pretenders", a quote I heard earlier today. GO CHIEFS!

Well, losing to The Colts wouldn't exactly make way for dismissing us.

But beating them, (Though the Colts' fall to 2-3 would be the bigger story) would definitely help to sell us as true contenders.

AkChief49
10-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Sorry Sir, but that statement is false! We beat them in 2004 45-35.Manning passed for 472 yds. and 5 td's and we still beat them!:bananen_smilies046:

#58ChiefsFan
10-04-2010, 06:26 AM

Well Mr. xtreme here is the box score of the game I watched. Please review the numbers.
NFL Game Center: Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars - 2010 Week 4 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010100308/2010/REG4/colts@jaguars/analyze/box-score)

Colts able to run the ball? 58 Net yards.

Addai 63 yards on 16 carries
Hart -4 yards on 2 carries
Manning -1 yard on 1 carry

Colts 352 yards passing

196 to Wayne
156 to 5 other recievers

Talk about balanced offense, guess your right.

Jacksonville plays a 4-3 base keep that in mind

IF they play us like that we will beat them.

chiefnut
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
don't be surprised if we don't get a lot of pressure on manning even with blitzing. the colts only gave up 2 sacks against ten, 1 against the sack happy giants, none against den., and one against jax. the good news is they still lost two of those games.

Pro_Angler
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I would love to see a re-peat of 9rs game this week.

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 05:58 PM
are you kidding me, manning 357 yards and two td's, and they were able to run the ball...not sure what game you were watching. With colts loss this weekend, Chiefs are going to have a very tough game ahead of them...and on a side note, last time KC beat the colts was October of 2010

Corrected!!!

:chiefs:

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Nevermind ProAngler. He hates everybody.

:lol:

In ProAngler's defense, I don't think he "hates", rather has grown sensitive to any who comment negatively about our Chiefs. I've noted others are that way too on occasion, and tend to think it's a result of no matter what our team does right, it never seems to be good enough for some. Last season our Chiefs were criticised so very much, and this season there is so much to be not critical of, yet some are still critical or show negativity & concern in comments.

Once our Chiefs begin to get the recognition they earn & deserve, assuming their winning games continues...more & more will have less comments of negativity or concern about our Chiefs.

chief31
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
:lol:

In ProAngler's defense, I don't think he "hates", rather has grown sensitive to any who comment negatively about our Chiefs. I've noted others are that way too on occasion, and tend to think it's a result of no matter what our team does right, it never seems to be good enough for some. Last season our Chiefs were criticised so very much, and this season there is so much to be not critical of, yet some are still critical or show negativity & concern in comments.

Once our Chiefs begin to get the recognition they earn & deserve, assuming their winning games continues...more & more will have less comments of negativity or concern about our Chiefs.

Oh yeah. I was just goofin'. :D

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 09:57 PM

Ya big goof! :11:

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 10:37 PM

I know, and honestly did laugh out loud at the comment. :)

I had just finished reading several negative comments in other threads directed towards ProAngler being, shall we say, outspoken & direct against those posting negative comments related to our Chiefs. I can relate, as I find myself feeling a bit irritated & defensive of our Chiefs now & then when reading negative comments. It's a feeling of having one's parade rained on, for lack of a better definition, haha. I want to enjoy the 'good' & 'positive' aspects while I can, it's been a long time coming, hahaha. :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
10-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I dont hate anyone, never have ever in my life. Connie is right, its been a long ride these last several years, I take so much crap from my brother inlaw a charger fan and others, I am just sick of it.
I am very straight forward, I dont ever display sarcasim its just how I feel. I do defend our chiefs all the way.
When the Chiefs go to the SB and I promise you they will, I will be there screaming and saying I TOLD YOU SO to many people.

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I dont hate anyone, never have ever in my life. Connie is right, its been a long ride these last several years, I take so much crap from my brother inlaw a charger fan and others, I am just sick of it.
I am very straight forward, I dont ever display sarcasim its just how I feel. I do defend our chiefs all the way.
When the Chiefs go to the SB and I promise you they will, I will be there screaming and saying I TOLD YOU SO to many people.

Of this I have no doubt, hahahaha. I'm not generally an "I told you so" personality, but not beyond it, and I've no doubt I'll be doing some of my own "I told ya so's" when we bring the Lombardi home to 1 Arrowhead Drive...be it this year, next...it will happen. :)
:bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM

If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl this year I will do just about anything I have to to get a ticket for it and make that 4 hour drive to Dallas to see it. If by some reason I can't get a ticket.. I'll camp out in the parking lot or something.

Connie Jo
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl this year I will do just about anything I have to to get a ticket for it and make that 4 hour drive to Dallas to see it. If by some reason I can't get a ticket.. I'll camp out in the parking lot or something.

Please be sure you buy me and Aussie souvenir Super Bowl Chiefs pennants!! I'll pay ya back...promise! I'll be partying at Arrowhead, or somewhere in KC when the Chiefs go to Super Bowl!!

Pro_Angler
10-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I promise when they go I will be there.. My wife already knows it and she hopes it happends soon, cause i am a terror to live with during the football season..lol

stricken721
Please be sure you buy me and Aussie souvenir Super Bowl Chiefs pennants!! I'll pay ya back...promise! I'll be partying at Arrowhead, or somewhere in KC when the Chiefs go to Super Bowl!!

I remember when they had the Super Bowl here in Houston they had Super Bowl gear EVERYWHERE. I'm sure it will be the same way around here since it's being held in Texas this year though it's in Dallas. If the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl I'm gonna load up on everything that has the Chiefs on it (If possible). I couldn't leave you and Aussie out of it. Two of the best Chiefs fans I know. Aussie just might happen to be the best on the Southern Hemisphere. :D

stricken721
I promise when they go I will be there.. My wife already knows it and she hopes it happends soon, cause i am a terror to live with during the football season..lol

I think I need to open up another savings account labeled "Chiefs Super Bowl fund" :lol:

Pro_Angler
10-06-2010, 12:30 AM
stricken, thats a very good idea,, start putting like $100 a month into it..

stricken721
10-06-2010, 12:33 AM
stricken, thats a very good idea,, start putting like $100 a month into it..

Then nobody could give me crap about blowing money on it. I saved it.. I earned it.. It's mine.

Connie Jo
10-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Well...can't remember who it was that said it in history, but the quote went something like this..."money spent celebrating happy moments in life is never wasted."

I know it was John Lennon who said, "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." Maybe we can alter that to... "Money you enjoy spending was not wasted."...LOL

CapitalT
10-06-2010, 12:51 AM

You had to mention that one didn't you? I'll be polite and not mention the man who shall not be named.

Why Bono? I still feel the pain of that game!

Chiefster
10-06-2010, 02:26 AM
You had to mention that one didn't you? I'll be polite and not mention the man who shall not be named.

Why Bono? I still feel the pain of that game!

Sorry about that; my bad.

Chiefster
10-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Their run defense is ranked 29th. Our run offense is ranked 3rd.

Their run offense is ranked 29th. Our run defense is ranked 5th.

Their pass offense is ranked 2nd. Our pass defense is ranked 25th.

Their pass defense is ranked 15th. Our pass offense is ranked 27th.

It could be a fairly even match-up.

Canada
10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Please be sure you buy me and Aussie and Canada souvenir Super Bowl Chiefs pennants!! I'll pay ya back...promise! I'll be partying at Arrowhead, or somewhere in KC when the Chiefs go to Super Bowl!!

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046: