PDA

View Full Version : Some moron from another website (I won't mention moron names)

hermhater
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs and the Week 3 Power Rankings
By Chris (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/user/Chris) Section: Campaign 2007 (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/campaign_2007)
Posted on September 18th, 2007

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?week=3&season=2007) - #31 (Last week #30)
After the loss to Chicago, Tony Gonzalez told the media: 'It's not OK to be 0-2. There's no silver lining. It's not clicking. It's not working. Something has to be done. ... I'm at a loss for words right now.' Could've fooled us.
CBS (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings) - #32 (Last week #30) Did anybody think they'd be down at the bottom? They need to go to Brodie Croyle. It has been an ugly start -- but both games were on the road.
Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings) - #30 (Last week #27) Both the Kansas City offense and special teams units struggled in Sunday's 20-10 loss in Chicago. All-pro running back Larry Johnson couldn't get going, running for only 55 yards on 16 carries. Backup Michael Bennett fared no better, compiling 14 yards on seven rushes. Johnson told reporters after the game, "We have to look at the tape and see what we have to do better in the mistakes that I made or the mistakes that anybody made." Devin Hester dominated Kansas City, taking back a punt for 73 yards and a score in the second quarter, and then returning a kick 95 yards for a score in the third. The latter was negated by a holding penalty, but still stung. The Chiefs are 0-2 and do not look good. They take on the 1-1 Vikings on Sunday.
I honestly wasn't expecting to see the Chiefs at #32 in any of these power rankings. I think thats more a combination of our bad offense and other teams not falling as hard in Week 2 as they will in the coming weeks. For example, the Browns will get a bump because of their 51 point outburst against the Bengals. Count me in as one of the people who thinks the Patriots are the best team in the league. They are by far the most balanced team but I would put the Colts a close second as far as unbeatability. Does this mean I'm picking those two teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Not just yet but I imagine there won't be much to deter me to from thinking so as the season wears on. Its still only Week 2 so bear with me as I post these power rankings. My rankings are after the jump. Feel free to give us your list of 32 or just the top 5 or bottom 5 or however many you want to list.

RankTeam 1Patriots 2Colts 3Chargers 4Steelers 5Broncos 6Cowboys 7Bears 8Ravens 9Bengals 1049ers 11Seahawks 12Saints 13Lions 14Texans 15Packers 16Eagles 17Titans 18Jets 19Bills 20Rams 21Titans 22Redskins 23Giants 24Buccaneers 25Panthers 26Cardinals 27Chiefs 28Jaguars 29Vikings 30Falcons 31Raiders 32Browns I'll hash out these rankings with you in the comment section. Consider my ranking of the Chiefs above the Vikings as an endorsement of the Chiefs to win next week.

This guy has the Browns at the bottom after that record setting offensive performance...

(Just another reason you can't trust those other fan sites.... sigh...)

chief31
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs and the Week 3 Power Rankings
By Chris (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/user/Chris) Section: Campaign 2007 (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/campaign_2007)
Posted on September 18th, 2007

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?week=3&season=2007) - #31 (Last week #30)
After the loss to Chicago, Tony Gonzalez told the media: 'It's not OK to be 0-2. There's no silver lining. It's not clicking. It's not working. Something has to be done. ... I'm at a loss for words right now.' Could've fooled us.
CBS (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings) - #32 (Last week #30) Did anybody think they'd be down at the bottom? They need to go to Brodie Croyle. It has been an ugly start -- but both games were on the road.
Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings) - #30 (Last week #27) Both the Kansas City offense and special teams units struggled in Sunday's 20-10 loss in Chicago. All-pro running back Larry Johnson couldn't get going, running for only 55 yards on 16 carries. Backup Michael Bennett fared no better, compiling 14 yards on seven rushes. Johnson told reporters after the game, "We have to look at the tape and see what we have to do better in the mistakes that I made or the mistakes that anybody made." Devin Hester dominated Kansas City, taking back a punt for 73 yards and a score in the second quarter, and then returning a kick 95 yards for a score in the third. The latter was negated by a holding penalty, but still stung. The Chiefs are 0-2 and do not look good. They take on the 1-1 Vikings on Sunday.
I honestly wasn't expecting to see the Chiefs at #32 in any of these power rankings. I think thats more a combination of our bad offense and other teams not falling as hard in Week 2 as they will in the coming weeks. For example, the Browns will get a bump because of their 51 point outburst against the Bengals. Count me in as one of the people who thinks the Patriots are the best team in the league. They are by far the most balanced team but I would put the Colts a close second as far as unbeatability. Does this mean I'm picking those two teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Not just yet but I imagine there won't be much to deter me to from thinking so as the season wears on. Its still only Week 2 so bear with me as I post these power rankings. My rankings are after the jump. Feel free to give us your list of 32 or just the top 5 or bottom 5 or however many you want to list.

RankTeam 1Patriots 2Colts 3Chargers 4Steelers 5Broncos 6Cowboys 7Bears 8Ravens 9Bengals 1049ers 11Seahawks 12Saints 13Lions 14Texans 15Packers 16Eagles 17Titans 18Jets 19Bills 20Rams 21Titans 22Redskins 23Giants 24Buccaneers 25Panthers 26Cardinals 27Chiefs 28Jaguars 29Vikings 30Falcons 31Raiders 32Browns I'll hash out these rankings with you in the comment section. Consider my ranking of the Chiefs above the Vikings as an endorsement of the Chiefs to win next week.

This guy has the Browns at the bottom after that record setting offensive performance...

(Just another reason you can't trust those other fan sites.... sigh...)

A bigger surprise is that eveyone has the Doncos ranked in their top five. After squeeking out a pair of miracles against a pair of teams that they all have ranked at the bottom of their lists.

Coach
09-19-2007, 09:49 PM
A bigger surprise is that eveyone has the Doncos ranked in their top five. After squeeking out a pair of miracles against a pair of teams that they all have ranked at the bottom of their lists.

Great point. Donks are overrated. What's new?

hermhater
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Great point. Donks are overrated. What's new?

I think we have the most comptetive division in all of football (AFC South is up there though) and I think that is why they are alway so overrated. And that also is why we are so underrated. Noone thinks we will be able to sweep the Charges and Broncos so they assume those other teams are just awesome.

It's fuzzy logic that I just can't follow.

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 09:59 PM
These ranking lists always suck until at least week 6 or 7. I love the idea of the 49ers being top 10, but I think 15-20 is more reasonable. This list like most of the others that are being put out right now are looking at 2 weeks as material evidence. Rightfully they didn't adjust Cleveland too much with their one performance, but to still have the Chargers (I think y'all call them Dolts?!) ranked #3 is laughable with the general ineptitude they've shown on offense. If they're going to move Houston and Detroit into the top half of the league based on 2 performances, San Diego should move down.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Meh!!!

anaeelbackwards
09-19-2007, 11:58 PM
need i not mention the CBS NFL commentators labeled us the biggest losers of the NFL....

ahh we'll see whos the biggest losers. WE'll show them.

:drunkhb::toast2::bananen_smilies046::beer:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 12:04 AM
need i not mention the CBS NFL commentators labeled us the biggest losers of the NFL....

When was this? During the game?

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Heh! We sure will; one way or the other. :p

anaeelbackwards
09-20-2007, 12:17 AM
oh no, it was during the PREGAME show with dan marino, shannon sharpe, boomer esiason, etc......

they were talking about the big winners and the big losers of the league. talking about who made big improvements and who did nothing to the team...

both dan and shannon sharpe picked the CHIEFS out of the 32 teams.....

i was like WOW. OH well...like i said earlier.. WE'LL SHOW THEM...

NOW I NEED A BEEEEEEr! :toast2::drunkhb:

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 12:19 AM
I reiterate: "...one way or the other".

hermhater
09-20-2007, 12:19 AM
oh no, it was during the PREGAME show with dan marino, shannon sharpe, boomer esiason, etc......

they were talking about the big winners and the big losers of the league. talking about who made big improvements and who did nothing to the team...

Well I kind of agree with them about what we did in the off season.

And I definitely agree with that last part.

I need another beeeeeeer!

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Dan and Shannon are the two worst guys on that show. I want to fall asleep every time Dan starts talking and nobody can understand Shannon with the feed-bag on his face. :D :yahoo:

swmochiefsfan
09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
No respect I tell ya, been that way for years.

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 05:46 PM

We are the Rodney dangerfield of the league.

stlchief
09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Shannon Sharpe is an IDIOT. He is inconsistent in every opinion and philosophy (except to say the Broncos are definitely going this year -- as in EVERY year).

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Chiefster
09-23-2007, 02:37 AM
Shannon Sharpe is an IDIOT. He is inconsistent in every opinion and philosophy (except to say the Broncos are definitely going this year -- as in EVERY year).

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

He was a donk; what do you expect?

Three7s
09-23-2007, 04:37 AM
I never listen to former NFL players, they'll always be biased to their team, it's a joke.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 06:57 AM
I never listen to former NFL players, they'll always be biased regarding their team, it's a joke.

FYP...Tiki Barber comes to mind on the other end of the spectrum. I'll listen to him if only for the comedy factor.

Coach
09-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Most unintelligent sports people on TV:

Steven A. Smith - Landslide winner
Shannon Sharpe - Distant 2nd and tied with many others.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 10:49 PM

HAHHAAH. yeah but at least shannon sharpe can say "i played the actual game"

steven a smith looks like a little punk that was always picked last in the kick ball game as a kid.

Coach
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
HAHHAAH. yeah but at least shannon sharpe can say "i played the actual game"

steven a smith looks like a little punk that was always picked last in the kick ball game as a kid.

Yet he thinks he know everything about every sport and that we should all value his opinion. I can't believe people tune into watch that crap. The biggest joke on TV.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Yet he thinks he know everything about every sport and that we should all value his opinion. I can't believe people tune into watch that crap. The biggest joke on TV.

that is the thing about tv....they put these people on there...and the average person doesn't go and look at their credentials...why they might be an "expert" on the subject at hand. example, cause they were a college coach, x pro player...etc....but this is not just on the sports side, this goes along with news reporters...etc, talking about subject matters in which they have no experience in.

but at least MANY of the sports announcers ARE x players, that is a good thing.

I think John Madden, personally, is the all-time best nfl announcer.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM

what part of the ozarks do you livein .

I am up around springfield/branson every so often...and I make it to Eureka Springs once or twice a year for motorcycle trips.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 11:03 PM
that is the thing about tv....they put these people on there...and the average person doesn't go and look at their credentials...why they might be an "expert" on the subject at hand. example, cause they were a college coach, x pro player...etc....but this is not just on the sports side, this goes along with news reporters...etc, talking about subject matters in which they have no experience in.

but at least MANY of the sports announcers ARE x players, that is a good thing.

I think John Madden, personally, is the all-time best nfl announcer.

JOHN MADDEN? Are you serious?

He is the biggest goof on the tube.

His sidekick (Al Michaels?) is respectable though.

Some of these coaches that won super bowls got lucky with their roster, and they know it!

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 11:04 PM
JOHN MADDEN? Are you serious?

He is the biggest goof on the tube.

His sidekick (Al Michaels?) is respectable though.

Some of these coaches that won super bowls got lucky with their roster, and they know it!

i like john madden because he is funny, not intentionally.

I also like Bill Walton in NBA announcing for the same reasons...the dude cracks me up!!!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 11:07 PM
i like john madden because he is funny, not intentionally.

I also like Bill Walton in NBA announcing for the same reasons...the dude cracks me up!!!

Madden is a crackup I'll give you that. Dude doesn't even know what down it is half the time.

And he has stat guys feeding him all the info.

Coach
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Madden is entertaining, but not all that insightful.

I'm not a big Bill Walton fan. I like him as a player when I used to root for the Celts. But as an annoucer, he always seemed anti-Indiana Pacer. I grew up in Indy and got sick of his Pacer bashing.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Madden is entertaining, but not all that insightful.

I'm not a big Bill Walton fan. I like him as a player when I used to root for the Celts. But as an annoucer, he always seemed anti-Indiana Pacer. I grew up in Indy and got sick of his Pacer bashing.

yeah but walton is funny because he acts like he knows the personal life of EACH PLAYER and tells us all what that player does and how he thinks outside of basketball...

..and if you saw any of Team USA's basketball games this summer (like 2 weeks ago) he would know EVERYTHING about each country that we played against. The stuff he said was hilarious...i couldnt even explain it, stuff you had to actually hear for yourself.

Coach
09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
The stuff he said was hilarious...i couldnt even explain it, stuff you had to actually hear for yourself.

Kind of like Harry Carey then.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 11:49 PM

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Bob Costas may be the most intelligent...

hermhater
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Bob Costas may be the most intelligent...

Agreed!

Chris Collinsworth is pretty bright, but he's kind of an a$$hole.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
I dont' know if anyone watched Costas and Collinsworth today, but Costas had a great point about the "timeout" to freeze the kicker. He said that the owners should get together next offseason, and say that if the "game-clock" is stopped, a timeout can't be called by the defense with less than 10 seconds on the play clock on a FG attempt. Not sure how that would work with compeitive issues (i.e. suspected fake, etc.) but as I was stewing over the stupid time-out thing on the Raiders games the last 2 weeks, and I've always thought that it was a childish maneuver anyhow, I liked the idea from Costas.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I dont' know if anyone watched Costas and Collinsworth today, but Costas had a great point about the "timeout" to freeze the kicker. He said that the owners should get together next offseason, and say that if the "game-clock" is stopped, a timeout can't be called by the defense with less than 10 seconds on the play clock on a FG attempt. Not sure how that would work with compeitive issues (i.e. suspected fake, etc.) but as I was stewing over the stupid time-out thing on the Raiders games the last 2 weeks, and I've always thought that it was a childish maneuver anyhow, I liked the idea from Costas.

You do everything within the rules to win.

Bellicheat are you listening?

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 01:13 AM
You do everything within the rules to win.

Bellicheat are you listening?

I don't blame Shanahan or Kiffin for doing so...but I do enjoy the occasional time where they call timeout and give a kicker a second chance when they missed the first. :yahoo: But I really wish this maneuver could be removed from the rules...

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't blame Shanahan or Kiffin for doing so...but I do enjoy the occasional time where they call timeout and give a kicker a second chance when they missed the first. :yahoo: But I really wish this maneuver could be removed from the rules...

That would change the game fundamentally.

These kickers are all kind of off in the head anyway, use it to your advantage.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:18 AM

what happened exactly? i dont have cable. i didnt see the highlights. i am too lazy to go to nfl.com and look up the video.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:26 AM
what happened exactly? i dont have cable. i didnt see the highlights. i am too lazy to go to nfl.com and look up the video.

They called a timeout right before the deep snap to the holder.

The kick was good, but then had to rekick because of the timeout and both times they missed the second kick.

Which to me seems weird, because they JUST practiced it and made it then didn't make the field goal.

Kickers are strange animals.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:29 AM
They called a timeout right before the deep snap to the holder.

The kick was good, but then had to rekick because of the timeout and both times they missed the second kick.

Which to me seems weird, because they JUST practiced it and made it then didn't make the field goal.

Kickers are strange animals.

well i have always thought that the kicker position is the most pressured position in the game. cause you are not either loved or hated....you are either not noticed....or hated.

there is a lot of psychology that goes into it too. Hell, every kicker in the nfl can make 45 yard kicks ALL DAY in their backyard (assuming they have big arse backyards) but when it matters, hopefully your mind isnt wondering, thinking about every detail of what could go wrong.

LACES IN DAMNIT. I FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:32 AM
well i have always thought that the kicker position is the most pressured position in the game. cause you are not either loved or hated....you are either not noticed....or hated.

there is a lot of psychology that goes into it too. Hell, every kicker in the nfl can make 45 yard kicks ALL DAY in their backyard (assuming they have big arse backyards) but when it matters, hopefully your mind isnt wondering, thinking about every detail of what could go wrong.

LACES IN DAMNIT. I FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY.

Is that Ace Ventura?

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Is that Ace Ventura?

u got it! :yahoo:

but now that i think about it...maybe it is laces OUT. I cannot remember. i wouldnt think you would want to kick the laces.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 01:53 AM
It is laces out....as for the kicks the last 2 weeks, Seabass missed his 2nd oppty last week...as for this week the Cleveland kick was blocked on the 2nd try.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:57 AM
It is laces out....as for the kicks the last 2 weeks, Seabass missed his 2nd oppty last week...as for this week the Cleveland kick was blocked on the 2nd try.

Thanks for straightening that out.

Anyway kickers shouldn't be relied on too heavily in this league.

We should be up by 2 or 3 scores at all times.

It sucks we can't make it into the endzone every time but if we have to rely on a kicker pick one that is sane!

m0ef0e
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
If the coach calls timeout so late that the ref can't blow the whisle before the ball is snapped, the play should stand in that situation. 2 weeks in a row of this? Seems cheesy to me.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 10:17 PM
If the coach calls timeout so late that the ref can't blow the whisle before the ball is snapped, the play should stand in that situation. 2 weeks in a row of this? Seems cheesy to me.

Great idea, but very subjective...although the whole thing is fixed if the teams kicked the FG before the playclock was winding down...now that I think of it, why don't teams snap the FG try with 10-15 seconds on the playclock thus eliminating the need for their mental midget (kicker) to get freaked out.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Great idea, but very subjective...although the whole thing is fixed if the teams kicked the FG before the playclock was winding down...now that I think of it, why don't teams snap the FG try with 10-15 seconds on the playclock thus eliminating the need for their mental midget (kicker) to get freaked out.

I thought that was Rex Grossman?

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 11:04 PM

I thought that was Rex Grossman?

Rex was a kicker in a previous life...

hermhater
09-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Why are some of your guys' reps dark green and some light green?

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Why are some of your guys' reps dark green and some light green?

First 5 are dark green, those thereafter are 'uber-reps' and come in the light green variety. Nah, seriously I'm not sure why, but those after the first 5 seem to all be in the lighter/brighter shade. :D

stlchief
09-25-2007, 02:06 AM
First 5 are dark green, those thereafter are 'uber-reps' and come in the light green variety. But you have to be uber-smart to get those. Check mine. I got 'em. You don't. Keep trying and you'll get some - NOT. You're not uber-smart like me... :D

Enough already, no one likes a show-off....

Canada
09-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Why are some of your guys' reps dark green and some light green?cause i'm cooler than u :beer:

hermhater
09-25-2007, 02:09 AM
cause i'm cooler than u :beer:

Dude, you met me...

Like that is hard! :lol:

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 03:15 AM
Enough already, no one likes a show-off....

HAHA...you must be :fatlock: ...misquoting me like that...

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Dude, you met me...

Like that is hard! :lol:

I was going to comment, but think I'll let this statement stand on it's own.

stlchief
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM

Now just a gosh-darned minute. That's going too far....

I was just having fun.

:)

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Now just a gosh-darned minute. That's going too far....

I was just having fun.

:)

Sorry you're right, I got carried away. I actually thought your quote was pretty funny and was trying to respond in kind. Remember Babe Ruth hit 715 HRs, but he struck out 2500+ times...so an occasional flop is allowed.

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry you're right, I got carried away. I actually thought your quote was pretty funny and was trying to respond in kind. Remember Babe Ruth hit 715 HRs, but he struck out 2500+ times...so an occasional flop is allowed.

i have had the same discussion with several friends about Favre and all the records he currently owns. One is the most picks... gotta take the good with the bad.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 12:00 AM
i have had the same discussion with several friends about Favre and all the records he currently owns. One is the most picks... gotta take the good with the bad.

Heh! Just like the Babe; he was the Home Run King of his time; he was also the strike out king.

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Heh! Just like the Babe; he was the Home Run King of his time; he was also the strike out king.

Adam Dunn will take care of the K record also...1100 already, and he's only 5-6 years in...

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Adam Dunn will take care of the K record also...1100 already, and he's only 5-6 years in...

...Destined for greatness. :D

Guru
09-26-2007, 02:34 AM
First 5 are dark green, those thereafter are 'uber-reps' and come in the light green variety. Nah, seriously I'm not sure why, but those after the first 5 seem to all be in the lighter/brighter shade. :D

Who wants some uber rep?

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Who wants some uber rep?

Glad someone appreciated the joke...but seriously do they switch back to dark green at some point, or do they keep piling on in the bright green variety???

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Who wants some uber rep?

Is that anything like pity rep?

Guru
09-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Glad someone appreciated the joke...but seriously do they switch back to dark green at some point, or do they keep piling on in the bright green variety???

They only run to 6 light greens as far as I know.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Looks like Guru and rbedgood own the top rep rankings! Nice job! :)

hermhater
09-26-2007, 02:41 AM

Did that change tonight after the ban on multiple reps or what?

:sign0153:

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 02:42 AM

Thanks brother...I figure Guru is way out there, but would love to see the numeric value (I'm around 1000 right now)...

For those curious you can see this by going to USER CP and looking at the top of the chart that shows your recent Reps added.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Thanks brother...I figure Guru is way out there, but would love to see the numeric value (I'm around 1000 right now)...

For those curious you can see this by going to USER CP and looking at the top of the chart that shows your recent Reps added.

Well congratulations to you especially are in order; seeing how you have only been here a short time and have already reached the pinnacle. :bananen_smilies046:

Guru
09-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Mwuhahahahahaha!!!!

Wouldn't you like to know? :D

hermhater
09-26-2007, 02:49 AM

Yeah...

Maybe a little bit better description for the noob?

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Try the attached pic...I circled the area with the info in BLUE...

hermhater
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Try the attached pic...I circled the area with the info in BLUE...

umm how did you get there?

Mine says Subscribed threads.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
umm how did you get there?

Mine says Subscribed threads.

At the top of this page you will see a gray menu bar, click on "User CP".