PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Game?

Scout200
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Of the several thousand NFL games played.. What’s the most memorable game that sticks out in your mind?

-Scout

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c76cf8fe9f&view=att&th=12aa572c526dc7d1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gd9463vo0&zw

#58ChiefsFan
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
November 11, 1990

Derrick Thomas sacking Dave Krieg 7 times on Veterans Day

stricken721
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
I talk about this game a lot and though it wasn't a game that will be talked about much if any in the history of the NFL my most memorable game is my first Chiefs game. October 1, 2006. My parents and I traveled up from Texas to go to this game and were thrilled with the outcome! The Chiefs won 41-0 at my first Chiefs game. That couldn't have been any better.

Other than that game I would have to say Super Bowl XLII. Talk about overcoming adversity and sticking to the Patriots. The Giants played the game to win the game and came out on top. That was completely a team effort.

AkChief49
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
The most memorable game was when J. Montana and the 49ers dismantled the Donks in the '90 superbowl. Jan. 28 1990- the day my son was born.

josh1971
09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
My most memorable game was the Monday night Magic game in Denver.

Joe Montana was awesome!

CapitalT
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
The year Chiefs beat the Packers in the same year the Packers won the superbowl (96-97).

My friend (a Packers fan) and I had a bet. If the Packers won, he got to shave my head. If the Chiefs won, I would shave his head.

The Packers were undefeated and looking unbeatable. I shaved his head in Packer's bar while lots of Packers fans watched me. It was sweet!

Argo
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Monday night VS Denver (Montana VS Elway)

Totally the best game ever! Down to the last second and Montana working hes magic. The mile high was packed and ppl going crazy. Still get goosebumps!!

brdempsey69
09-30-2010, 09:09 PM
This one goes way back in time.

The last AFL Championship game played Jan. 4, 1970 at the Oakland Coliseum between the Chiefs and the Raiders. Oakland had beaten the Chiefs 7 out of 8 times going into this game. Oakland was heavily favored and it was said that they were so confident of victory that they had their bags packed for the Super Bowl in New Orleans the next week.

But when the showdown came the Kansas City Defensive line overpowered the Oakland Offensive line and smothered the Oakland Offense all afternoon and the Chiefs won the game 17-7 and headed off to the Super Bowl despite finishing 2nd behind the Raiders during the regular season.

honda522
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
2004 I believe the year was Vick and the Falcons came to town. Score was 56-10. There was an NFL record set by the Chiefs that day...2 backs with 4 rushing touchdowns each. Rememeber who they were?

It was Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock.

There are many games that I remember and I don't know why I rememeber this one...I guess cause it was part of the glory days.

I also remember going to game 7 or 8 in the 03 season and we were beating up on Chicago and at the end chanting "EIGHT AND OH!"

Great times.

honda522
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
YouTube - Chiefs beat the Pack in overtime

Also for your pleasure!

matthewschiefs
09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
The one that ALWAYS stays in my head is one I would like to forget. It was my first year as a Chief fan. A playoff loss at home to the colts. When a certain kicker whos name I will never forget but never like to say missed 3 count them 3 field goals and the Chiefs lost to the colts 10-7. Man I wish I could forget that game.

CapitalT
09-30-2010, 11:40 PM
This one goes way back in time.

The last AFL Championship game played Jan. 4, 1970 at the Oakland Coliseum between the Chiefs and the Raiders. Oakland had beaten the Chiefs 7 out of 8 times going into this game. Oakland was heavily favored and it was said that they were so confident of victory that they had their bags packed for the Super Bowl in New Orleans the next week.

But when the showdown came the Kansas City Defensive line overpowered the Oakland Offensive line and smothered the Oakland Offense all afternoon and the Chiefs won the game 17-7 and headed off to the Super Bowl despite finishing 2nd behind the Raiders during the regular season.

Wow! That was one of the most important games the Chiefs ever played!

I have a vague memory of that game. I remember Buck Buchanan demolishing George Blanda late in that game. I think Buck would've got a league suspension nowadays.

Chiefster
10-01-2010, 12:16 AM
January 11, 1970

chiefnut
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
for me its a tie between the double overtime loss to the fins and the sweet victory of Super Bowl IV. the purple people eaters ate crow that day and the crazy indian joe kapp was chased, harassed, beaten and knocked right out of the game. The CHIEFS looked suoer and the vikes bewildered.

Canada
10-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I talk about this game a lot and though it wasn't a game that will be talked about much if any in the history of the NFL my most memorable game is my first Chiefs game. October 1, 2006. My parents and I traveled up from Texas to go to this game and were thrilled with the outcome! The Chiefs won 41-0 at my first Chiefs game. That couldn't have been any better.

Other than that game I would have to say Super Bowl XLII. Talk about overcoming adversity and sticking to the Patriots. The Giants played the game to win the game and came out on top. That was completely a team effort.

I gotta agree with you on this one as it was also my first time at Arrowhead!! :bananen_smilies046:

brdempsey69
10-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Wow! That was one of the most important games the Chiefs ever played!

I have a vague memory of that game. I remember Buck Buchanan demolishing George Blanda late in that game. I think Buck would've got a league suspension nowadays.

Here's a pic from that last AFL Championship game, Jan. 4, 1970:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/10/3.jpg

tornadospotter
10-01-2010, 10:44 PM
There are many games that have been great, I cannot chose, but this Chief player, is in each of the games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8IZou87QNI

Scout200
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
October 1, 2006. My parents and I traveled up from Texas to go to this game and were thrilled with the outcome! The Chiefs won 41-0 at my first Chiefs game. That couldn't have been any better.

Wow, that's awesome!

Canada
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I have a new one. MNF in our new stadium. The atmosphere was like nothing I have ever seen before!!

GlennBree
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a new one. MNF in our new stadium. The atmosphere was like nothing I have ever seen before!!

I AGREE 110%
That was without a doubt the most incredible night of my entire life!! (sorry Glenn) LOL!
I wish I could hit a Rewind and do it all over again!!!

:bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
My most memorable game was the Monday night Magic game in Denver.

Joe Montana was awesome!

Was that the one during the snow blizzard and Lake Dawson catching the ball in the endzone with only seconds left? I loved that game!

stricken721
10-11-2010, 06:21 PM

No doubt. That was one heck of a night and I'm gonna remember it forever. I can't even begin to explain what was running through that stadium that night.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
No doubt. That was one heck of a night and I'm gonna remember it forever. I can't even begin to explain what was running through that stadium that night.

I agree with you and Canada!! Even the constant downpour of rain added to the magic of the night somehow. Heck, the crowd noise still caused a penalty even after many others bailed for cover, hahaha.

What was running through the stadium that night, besides water, haha...was genuine RED & GOLD heart and soul like no other can be compared!!

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
September 19, 1994 Montana Vs. young. Marcus allen, derrick thomas, jerry rice, brent jones,richard dent, beautiful sunny day.

Next is the wildcard game against the steelers or the monday nighter vs buffalo that same season.

josh1971
10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Was that the one during the snow blizzard and Lake Dawson catching the ball in the endzone with only seconds left? I loved that game!

Nope, this was the one which went back and forth until the very end. Elway ran in a QB draw with just over a minute left, and Montana took our boys right back down the field and threw a pass to Willie Davis in the end zone with just a few seconds left.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
YouTube - Chiefs beat the Pack in overtime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA99lGmVzFE)

Also for your pleasure!

Agree that was the greatest game I have ever seen. Our defense sucked but damn were we fun to watch number one offense.