PDA

View Full Version : touchdown celebrations..

anaeelbackwards
09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
idk, i just want to get everyones take on it....

i personally like them. idk.... whats the NFL's stand on them? they get fined?

i love the little dances and celebrations... its all apart of the game.

I mean not to go as far as T.O did in dallas, but the little stuff I like it.

i remember the bob n weave, that was cool. i also remember, after every johnnie morton catch, he did "the worm"

T.O tho i have to admit, the sharpie incident, CLASSIC.

:beer::beer::beer:

chief31
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
idk, i just want to get everyones take on it....

i personally like them. idk.... whats the NFL's stand on them? they get fined?

i love the little dances and celebrations... its all apart of the game.

I mean not to go as far as T.O did in dallas, but the little stuff I like it.

i remember the bob n weave, that was cool. i also remember, after every johnnie morton catch, he did "the worm"

T.O tho i have to admit, the sharpie incident, CLASSIC.

:beer::beer::beer:

I believe that the league is a bit too strict about it. I would allow alot more than what they are. I think they were to quick to outlaw the "props". I think they could have let it go for another year and been a little more prudent in the wording of that rule.

m0ef0e
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Chad Johnson is the best as far as this is concerned. He does it in a way that keeps it light-hearted and fun as opposed to T.O. Johnson's an entertainer thru and thru, even off the field.

Canada
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Be like Barry Sanders....Act like you've been there before. Either that or change the "taunting" rule for the Defense. If someone takes off Chad Johnsons head then let em dance over the body!!

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Be like Barry Sanders....Act like you've been there before. Either that or change the "taunting" rule for the Defense. If someone takes off Chad Johnsons head then let em dance over the body!!

I agree, however at some point removing the celebrations has taken the spirit and fun out of the game. Some claim that NFL does stand for "No Fun League"

Canada
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
It got taken away because guys were getting ridiculous. Push it too far and it gets taken away. U can still do a little dance in the end zone, i just got real tired of someone getting a TD and then they pretend to row a boat through a magical fairy land while they spin on their heads with sparklers sticking out of their cleats. I have always wondered y it is only receivers who do it. Most running backs show a little class. The show is the game, if u want to do that sh*t go on "So you think you can dance"

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 08:57 PM
The stuff I thought was really cool and has been taken away is the "team" celebrations...(i.e. Atlanta had the "Dirty Bird") I liked the idea of the team celebrating the TD together in the end zone.

Coach
09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
I love them when they aren't against the Chiefs.

swmochiefsfan
09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
The stuff I thought was really cool and has been taken away is the "team" celebrations...(i.e. Atlanta had the "Dirty Bird") I liked the idea of the team celebrating the TD together in the end zone.

Agree, speaks of unity.

GoDJGoDJ
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I think Chad Johnson is the best as far as this is concerned. He does it in a way that keeps it light-hearted and fun as opposed to T.O. Johnson's an entertainer thru and thru, even off the field.

I tend to agree, T.O.'s celebrations come off as obnoxious, while Chad's are fun as far as I'm concerned. He seems to be able to laugh at himself. And he doesn't mind taking a beer bath, which is admirable.

I guess the problem becomes where does the NFL draw the line? In the words of David St. Hubbins "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

hermhater
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
T.O. got fined $7,500 for his hilarious hiding behind the goalpost and running the camera (spygate or whatever they're calling it).

Chad should get the same.

Dude on ESPN read the rule and it is using a prop on the field OR the sidelines is against the rules.

Fair is fair...

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't like T.O. but him getting fined for that was just stupid. No way should he have been fined and not Chad Johnson. Goodell is really starting to show his discriminatory true colors.

GoDJGoDJ
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I think Chad had mentioned that he set aside enough money to cover his fines for the year. Besides the fact that he guaranteed a Cincy win over the Chiefs in 2003 when we were unbeaten, I actually kind of like the guy. Is there a HIDE smiley? He's kind of fun to watch as long as it's not against the Chiefs.

hermhater
09-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Chad had mentioned that he set aside enough money to cover his fines for the year. Besides the fact that he guaranteed a Cincy win over the Chiefs in 2003 when we were unbeaten, I actually kind of like the guy. Is there a HIDE smiley? He's kind of fun to watch as long as it's not against the Chiefs.

I think that all the celebrations are hilarious even when they are not funny (Chad Johnson's Future H.O.F jacket) because they make the players look more human and reachable to the average fan.

These guys are just doing what they have done since they were running around in some back lot throwing the pigskin around.

Let them be kids for an hour or two on Sunday.

GoDJGoDJ
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I think that all the celebrations are hilarious even when they are not funny (Chad Johnson's Future H.O.F jacket) because they make the players look more human and reachable to the average fan.

These guys are just doing what they have done since they were running around in some back lot throwing the pigskin around.

Let them be kids for an hour or two on Sunday.

I agree and you're right - The HOF Jacket bit was a stinker.

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree and you're right - The HOF Jacket bit was a stinker.

Jumping into the dog pound took some balls, though.

royalswin100games
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I like it when a receiver celebrates and gets his head taken off later on in the game. I think it's gone too far over the years.

After this week, I need :toast2:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Imagine if T.O. jumped in there?

I'm pretty sure even HE isn't that stupid.

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Imagine if T.O. jumped in there?

I'm pretty sure even HE isn't that stupid.

I would think it should be worse for Johnson to do it, since he plays for a division rival.

hermhater
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I would think it should be worse for Johnson to do it, since he plays for a division rival.

But like everyone here is saying he is so well liked around the league.

Doesn't everyone hate T.O. by now?

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
But like everyone here is saying he is so well like around the league.

Doesn't everyone hate T.O. by now?

Probably. I don't even think his teammates like him.

GoDJGoDJ
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM

It sure did! I thought that was great!

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Not only does everyone hate TO, but everyone hates the Cowpies too!!

sling58
09-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I liked watching some of the celebrations. I just think they should be scaled down in some ways but not taken away.

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 11:48 AM
I liked watching some of the celebrations. I just think they should be scaled down in some ways but not taken away.

Put a timer on it...you have 20 seconds to do your celebrating, then get your a$$ to the sideline

swmochiefsfan
09-21-2007, 12:58 PM
It tends to be entertaining, the only thing I dont like is when your down 20 and you score, the last thing I want to see is you jumping around like your the sh*t. Look at the scoreboard dumbass.

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
It tends to be entertaining, the only thing I dont like is when your down 20 and you score, the last thing I want to see is you jumping around like your the sh*t. Look at the scoreboard dumbass.

I like that...how about re-writing the rule

1) TD celebrations are allowed for up to 30 seconds following the score and should be contained to the endzone and the area directly behinid the endzone.

2) If the margin on the scoreboard at the time of the score is over 20 (one way or the other) TD celebrations are an "unsportsmanlike conduct" attached to the kickoff.

Rule 1 would accomodate for the Lambeau leap, etc., and eliminate idiots from storming team logos at midfield. Goalposts and pylons would be re-entered into the celebratory stage, yet grabbing a prop from a teammate on the sideline or on the field of play would a) take too long, and b) require leaving the endzone area.

GoDJGoDJ
09-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I like that...how about re-writing the rule

1) TD celebrations are allowed for up to 30 seconds following the score and should be contained to the endzone and the area directly behinid the endzone.

2) If the margin on the scoreboard at the time of the score is over 20 (one way or the other) TD celebrations are an "unsportsmanlike conduct" attached to the kickoff.

Rule 1 would accomodate for the Lambeau leap, etc., and eliminate idiots from storming team logos at midfield. Goalposts and pylons would be re-entered into the celebratory stage, yet grabbing a prop from a teammate on the sideline or on the field of play would a) take too long, and b) require leaving the endzone area.

Sounds good to me Commish!

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds good to me Commish!

The world would be a better place...Eddie D would still own the 49ers...Al Davis would be permanetely banned from the league, Bill Bellicheat and the Patsies would have lost salary cap space for cheating...etc, etc., etc...

m0ef0e
09-21-2007, 11:33 PM
The world would be a better place...Eddie D would still own the 49ers...Al Davis would be permanetely banned from the league, Bill Bellicheat and the Patsies would have lost salary cap space for cheating...etc, etc., etc...

:D you got my vote!

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Just a couple more and I'm there...right?

m0ef0e
09-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Just a couple hundred million more and I'm there...right?

FYP :beer:

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 01:51 AM

I like the way you think.