PDA

View Full Version : Trolls

Pro_Angler
10-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Hey guys with our sucess we are seeing a great deal of posers and trolls in here. i can I hate it and probably get to upset over it.
I think we should all make a pact not to respong to any trolls and posers that come in here.
It wil take all of us to make this work..

stricken721
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey guys with our sucess we are seeing a great deal of posers and trolls in here. i can I hate it and probably get to upset over it.
I think we should all make a pact not to respong to any trolls and posers that come in here.

I agree in not feeding the trolls. But I have not seen an invasion of trolls. There might be fans from different teams that have their opinion but they aren't trolling.

Chiefster
10-04-2010, 10:44 PM
That's all we ask. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree in not feeding the trolls. But I have not seen an invasion of trolls. There might be fans from different teams that have their opinion but they aren't trolling.

Agreed.

Pro_Angler
10-04-2010, 10:50 PM
IMO anyone from another team is a troll. The bolt guy and others. I choose to not even reply anymore to some of our guys cause they are just way to sarcastic about anything and anyone.

hometeam
10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Just becuase someone is a fan of another team does not mean they are a troll.

In Internet slang (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/wiki/Internet_slang), a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/extraneous#Adjective), or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/wiki/Internet_forum), chat room (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/wiki/Chat_room), or blog (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/wiki/Blog), with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/wiki/Emotion) response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

1. (http://troll.urbanup.com/5096) troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/define.php?term=newsgroup) or message board (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/define.php?term=message%20board) with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

troll
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

As long as they areint being douchers, who cares?

Pro_Angler
10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
well I guess they are trolls, cause all they want to do is disturb our forum...thanks for proving me right..

tornadospotter
10-04-2010, 11:00 PM
You got to expect that a site a good as this is going to attract fans from opponents. I think it is okay to banter with them, Just as long as we do not disrespect them for being a fan of there team, but if they are disrespecting the members of this site, that a show them the door. We have members of the Crowd, that are fans of other teams, the poor misguide folks are they, but they secretly wish and want to be Chiefs. So just get along with them, and understand, they have not yet seen the light.

stricken721
10-04-2010, 11:01 PM
well I guess they are trolls, cause all they want to do is disturb our forum...thanks for proving me right..

Well I want a forum where fans from other teams can feel welcome to share their opinions as long as it's not rude. Now if they're in here always posting "Hey guys y'all should have kept Larry Johnson he's awesome!!!! The Chiefs management sucks!!!! Your colors look like ketchup and mustard!!!!" then I wouldn't like it and say they were a troll. But as long as they are respectful and share an intelligent opinion.. I'll welcome them.

hometeam
10-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Actually ive seen you calling out people as trolls, who where not trolling.

If you want to see a troll, visit the 4chan, darkfall, APB, Champions, Something Awful or Steam forums.

These other team fans are playing nice.

Just calm. Itll be ok. I think Coach will determine whether they are part of the forum or not.

Also this post belongs in off topic~

70 chiefsfan70
10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
They are not trolls, they are just confused and jealous that their team is not undefeated!

BoltWalt
10-04-2010, 11:27 PM
IMO anyone from another team is a troll. The bolt guy and others. I choose to not even reply anymore to some of our guys cause they are just way to sarcastic about anything and anyone.
I don't know if this is in reference to me but let me state I was here before the season began, and well before I actually joined I lurked. I am happy for you guys that your team is doing well and as I have said I wish the chiefs well in as much it does not impair the Chargers. My original idea of a troll was somebody who comes in under guise of a fan of the team to which the board is dedicated too, and by my very user name this would immediately obvious that my allegiance is given to the Bolts. I guess that you most likely will never see this unless somebody quotes this message.

Chiefster
10-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't know if this is in reference to me but let me state I was here before the season began, and well before I actually joined I lurked. I am happy for you guys that your team is doing well and as I have said I wish the chiefs well in as much it does not impair the Chargers. My original idea of a troll was somebody who comes in under guise of a fan of the team to which the board is dedicated too, and by my very user name this would immediately obvious that my allegiance is given to the Bolts. I guess that you most likely will never see this unless somebody quotes this message.

You are NOT, as far as I know, widely regarded as a troll.

It is my desire that the personal differences between you two be dissolved here and now. Let us as fans of apposing teams and football fans in general co-exist here amicably.

SIC J
10-04-2010, 11:42 PM

Uhhh you are guilty of this as well. Just saying......

azchiefsfan
10-04-2010, 11:42 PM
It's all good. I wouldn't go to one of their forums for any reason, but I can understand why a fan of one of the other AFC West teams come here to get a feel for how we are feeling. A little rivalry isn't a bad thing, but I share Anglers concern (a little) that they are going to start bagging on our team in our house. But, Coach and the rest of the mods seem to keep it under control.

Chiefster
10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Well I want a forum where fans from other teams can feel welcome to share their opinions as long as it's not rude. Now if they're in here always posting "Hey guys y'all should have kept Larry Johnson he's awesome!!!! The Chiefs management sucks!!!! Your colors look like ketchup and mustard!!!!" then I wouldn't like it and say they were a troll. But as long as they are respectful and share an intelligent opinion.. I'll welcome them.

...This.

Lazeye
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
We are all lovers of football so get over it and grow up. I think all should be welcomed here and glad there are other liked minded members.

2010chiefs
10-05-2010, 12:32 AM
As long as they are not bashing our team, I don't care. As long as they know they are a guest in our house!

Fastphilly
10-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I don't like trolls.. :troll31:

tornadospotter
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
No this is not about you, I am sure. We have a Raider fan as a member on this site, and I hate the raiders, slightly more than the donkeys, but this member shows up only twice a season, but is very respectable in comments to raider week. I do not really know why this is anything to concern about. Trolls are easy found out sooner, than later, You are not a Troll, you are simply from my view, a misguide fan of the NFL, you should be a fan of the Chiefs, not the Chargers. But we true Chiefs love our team, and enjoy a little banter, some trash talking, but all in all, we love the competitive spirit! Most of all we expect respect on our site. I never go to other Teams sites and talk trash, I have gone to other teams and have posted, but never disrespectfully. This has nothing to do about you from my opinion. :chiefs:

Chief Tyler
10-05-2010, 01:21 AM
The Chiefs are frauds. It's a joke that they're 3-0 right now. If I ranked every team, the Chiefs would most definitely be in the lower half. It's only a matter of time before they come back down to reality and bring all of their fans with them. Haley is bad and Cassel is even worse. Berry was a joke of a pick and the inept Chargers special teams made Pioli's class look far better than they really are.

Tyler out.

tornadospotter
10-05-2010, 01:26 AM
The Chiefs are frauds. It's a joke that they're 3-0 right now. If I ranked every team, the Chiefs would most definitely be in the lower half. It's only a matter of time before they come back down to reality and bring all of their fans with them. Haley is bad and Cassel is even worse. Berry was a joke of a pick and the inept Chargers special teams made Pioli's class look far better than they really are.

Tyler out.
Sorry a**clown, I do not believe you.

okikcfan
10-05-2010, 01:30 AM
As far as I am concerned BoltWalt, you are welcome here. You have always been respectful and honest with your comments and I for one look forward to the second game with the Chargers.

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 03:31 AM

I agree. Although, I think it's sorta cool our Chiefs team colors are the same as ketsup and mustard! We're the only team in the NFL, of which, Brautz, hot dogs and hamburgers wear Chiefs colors at tailgates! Think about all that RED & GOLD infiltrating the food of our rivals at their tailgates! There ain't a darn thing they can do about it either, unless they don't want ketsup & mustard, HA!!

I have many internet friends who are fans of other teams...including of our rivals. We have fun smack talking each others teams, but we're friends and know it's all in fun.

I often find opposing fans who come here entertaining, trolling or not. They offer me an opportunity to giggle or laugh. I can poke back with a sense of humor maintaining intelligence & respect, which tends to make most trolls squirm. I simply roll with it, doesn't rile me up or phase me much. There are too many serious struggles of survival and negative realities in life to face & cope with as it is. Internet conflict simply doesn't register on my scale of worthiness to stress over. I'd much rather use it as an opportunity to have fun, giggle or laugh, a distraction from that in life of which I can't find humor in.

That said, if someone insults or attacks our members, the Chiefs Organization with brutal and/or cruel disrespect...I would have a problem, and it would most certainly phase me. I would take a stand retaining self respect & dignity, that's just natural for my personality. It really takes A LOT...for me to reach a point of displaying anger or hositility, but I'm human, not a Saint, so capable of anger or hostility...fair warning. :D

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 04:14 AM

I like you, so far, you have a fun sense of rival humor, of which I can relate, and enjoy. I also like that you join us in bashing the Mountain Jacka$$es and Oakweed Rash. I've never had much, if any, anomosity against the Chargers, they've not historically played dirty, given me any reason to despise. Besides, I have fond memories of the Chargers old stadium...I drove for the first time in life at age 13 while in that stadiums parking lot. The medians must have sensed I was a budding Chiefs fan though, cause they sure didn't like me none!

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 04:19 AM

Tyler out.

:lol:

Coach
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM

Fans of other teams are welcome on this site as long as they follow the rules. If you prefer to not read their banter about their inferior teams, then use the 'ignore user' button. It is your friend.

You and other fans are always welcome as long as you are respectful. And I believe you have been. Occasionally fans come on here and try to pick fights just for their entertainment. Those folks don't last long here. :efpge:

Three7s
10-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Tyler out.
Should I put sarcasm tags in this post for you?

GlennBree
10-05-2010, 10:57 AM
*`*yAwN*`*

WhoRtheChefs
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Just watch that you aren't throwing the troll title around for the sake of using it. The OP called me a troll in a game thread after asking a Cassel question. It was severely annoying as I've been nothing but KC proud since Christian Okoye and Barry Word were our 2-back threats.

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM

Did we really need a thread for this. I have never responded to fans on this site from other teams bunch of d-bags trying to stir S up.

Canada
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Coach....give me the power to ban and everything will be fine!!

Hayvern
10-05-2010, 03:22 PM

You are not trolling. Hang in there, there are always going to be people to call you out because, well you are on the other side of the field.

Pro_Angler
10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Uhhh you are guilty of this as well. Just saying......

you are crazy!!! I am the last sarcastic person in here. I am straight forward, noit sarcastic, and bolt guy has no business in a chiefs forum, commenting in my thread..thats just my opinion and im entitled to it..

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Coach....give me the power to ban and everything will be fine!!

:lol:

I can attest to that fact!! I witnessed your deleting people's comments who weren't legit Chiefs fans from your KC undefeated status' at Facebook, LOL. ~funny stuff!~

Three7s
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
you are crazy!!! I am the last sarcastic person in here. I am straight forward, noit sarcastic, and bolt guy has no business in a chiefs forum, commenting in my thread..thats just my opinion and im entitled to it..
That might be your opinion, but the majority disagrees with you and feels that you shouldn't be publicly voicing opinions regarding issues like that.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Gos forbid anyone uses any sarcasm around here!:ninerssuck:

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Your sarcastic and say things I don't agree with but I wouldn't call you a troll. That said this thread is pointless.

stricken721
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
:sign0087: This is a good one.

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Oh, contrary to your opinion, "bolt guy" has every right as a member in good standing to comment, respectfully, in any thread he so chooses; including yours. The fact that he is a "bolts" fan has no bearing on the matter.

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I went ahead and move the thread to it's proper forum BTW.