PDA

View Full Version : Get on the Bandwagon now before it fills up

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I love how people that I have had this conversation with "What are you doing this weekend?" they ask. "I'm going (insert whatever I did that weekend) and then watch the Chiefs game." I say. "The Chiefs!!?? They suck!" Now these same haters are putting things on their facebook saying "Woohoo Chiefs only undefeated team in the NFL. GO CHIEFS!!"
So to all the haters you better get on now because the seats are filling up. Are we gonna be beat Indy? I'm not sure but we got a great chance.
:chiefs::chiefs:

N TX Dave
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
If they do lose the bandwagon will have a lot of room again and it will bring out the I told you so people "I knew they were just lucky to win 3 games or they were playing above their heads". So chiefs PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE WIN! GO Chiefs!!!

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
If they do lose the bandwagon will have a lot of room again and it will bring out the I told you so people "I knew they were just lucky to win 3 games or they were playing above their heads". So chiefs PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE WIN! GO Chiefs!!!

I think we got something for the Colts this is not going to be an easy game for Peyton he's gonna walk with a limp after this game and the colts d-line is gonna fear our run game.

okikcfan
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
This is giong to be one of those game that we want to win, we almost have to win to prove to people we are the real deal. At the same time it is almost expected that we will lose, heck it's Manning and the Colts for pete's sake. But as in the game against the Chargers, we know that anything is possible. Rarely do they show a Chiefs game on tv in southern Oklahoma and my wife of 24 years is disabled. So most of my games are on the computer, I've never been able to attend a Chiefs game but have been to Arrowhead and that in it's self was a complete joy for me. My love for the Chiefs is never ending and if you listen very carefuly you will hear all my cheers and screaming all the way from oklahoma!

Canada
10-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Im gonna jump on this bandwagon too!!

Slacker6000
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I think we got something for the Colts this is not going to be an easy game for Peyton he's gonna walk with a limp after this game and the colts d-line is gonna fear our run game.

Hes gonna limp because the Chiefs will punch him in the groin.

matthewschiefs
10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I already jumped on the bandwagon a long time ago my seat is safe.

GlennBree
10-05-2010, 02:13 PM
"shotgun"!!

N TX Dave
10-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I already jumped on the bandwagon a long time ago my seat is safe.

I am right up there with you because I have never got off of it since I got on in the 60's.

:homer: Pass the Koolaid

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Shaun Smith is on it!!!

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I've been on the Chiefs Bandwagon most of my life!

tornadospotter
10-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I am right up there with you because I have never got off of it since I got on in the 60's.

:homer: Pass the Koolaid

Me to, and it is to hard to jump these days, so I will just stay, as I have from the day I first watched the Chiefs on TV, black and white with much snowy intervenes and sound cutting out, to that first visit to Sacred Chiefs Ground, Arrowhead.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS are, and have always been my TEAM!
:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:
:homer:, and damm proud of it!

Pro_Angler
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I cant jump in cause i am prairie doggin it right now, but i will slide in...:)

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Pretty much same here! The Chiefs became a part of my dad's household in 1963 when they moved to KC, and such continued into my own household. Never jumped off when it was a rough ride, never tried to jump back on when it was a smooth ride...never will be a bandwagon fan, loyal to the core.

That said, I do have issues with bandwagon fans, they irritate me to no end. Indirectly, being a bandwagon fan makes a statement to ones lack of loyalty in other aspects. It amazes me how many people I will see locally sport the attire of whichever teams wins the Super Bowl each year...pfffffff!

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Pretty much same here! The Chiefs became a part of my dad's household in 1963 when they moved to KC, and such continued into my own household. Never jumped off when it was a rough ride, never tried to jump back on when it was a smooth ride...never will be a bandwagon fan, loyal to the core.

That said, I do have issues with bandwagon fans, they irritate me to no end. Indirectly, being a bandwagon fan makes a statement to ones lack of loyalty in other aspects. It amazes me how many people I will see locally sport the attire of whichever teams wins the Super Bowl each year...pfffffff!

Well said Connie, well said!

CapitalT
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM

What Chiefster said!

Chiefster
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
What Chiefster said!

What CapitalT said I said! :D

figcrostic
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM

I don't think anyone on here is a bandwagon fan if you supported the Chiefs the through the Herm years and didn't jump ship you are now being rewarded.

chief31
10-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I love how people that I have had this conversation with "What are you doing this weekend?" they ask. "I'm going (insert whatever I did that weekend) and then watch the Chiefs game." I say. "The Chiefs!!?? They suck!" Now these same haters are putting things on their facebook saying "Woohoo Chiefs only undefeated team in the NFL. GO CHIEFS!!"
So to all the haters you better get on now because the seats are filling up. Are we gonna be beat Indy? I'm not sure but we got a great chance.
:chiefs::chiefs:

I am happy to welcome bandwagon fans. The more support this team gets, the more press they get, the more money the team makes.

Always nice to gain fans that may well remain fans for the rest of their lives.

Come on in! There's always plenty of room!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pro_Angler
10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't think anyone on here is a bandwagon fan if you supported the Chiefs the through the Herm years and didn't jump ship you are now being rewarded.

Sooooo true.... Ive been a fan since 1972 I live and breath Chiefs football..always have always will....

Connie Jo
10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I am happy to welcome bandwagon fans. The more support this team gets, the more press they get, the more money the team makes.

Always nice to gain fans that may well remain fans for the rest of their lives.

Come on in! There's always plenty of room!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Many won't remain fans...that's what bandwagon fan personalities do...jump off the wagon unless the team stays on top.

Most bandwagon fans I'm familiar with are of generations younger, and/or generations of a society of which loses more patience and concept of loyalty in every aspect with each new generation. In the modern day NFL few teams will stay on top for long, heck, few players spend their careers with one team, many not even more than a couple of seasons. The only thing I can be sure of these days is...winning teams will change often from season to season, players on teams will change most every season, and bandwagon fan personalities will not remain loyal beyond a losing season or two. :D

stricken721
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I was born a Chiefs fan and raised by Chiefs fans. I have known no other team and I don't plan to. The way I look at it is like this... God wanted me to bleed red so he made it so.. God designed me to be a Chiefs fan! :D:chiefs:

My seat is pretty far back on the wagon since I've only been around since 1991 but my seat is there and I'm staying on it.

Connie Jo
10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I was born a Chiefs fan and raised by Chiefs fans. I have known no other team and I don't plan to. The way I look at it is like this... God wanted me to bleed red so he made it so.. God designed me to be a Chiefs fan! :D:chiefs:

My seat is pretty far back on the wagon since I've only been around since 1991 but my seat is there and I'm staying on it.

For the record...you, Aussie, Cody, the other Chiefs Crowd younger generation...are exceptions to the rule, and give me hope that when we older generation fans are up above rooting for our Chiefs...y'all will do us proud down here. :D

mejohnm
10-06-2010, 03:28 AM
I will always be with the Chiefs. I have gotten out of the bandwagon and help push during the rough times and help extend it when others want to join. Shoot, I will help pull it if it gets too heavy. Chiefs all the way!!!

Canada
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Im sitting beside StriKCen!! Called it!!

Chiefster
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Im sitting beside StriKCen!! Called it!!

Nope I'm sitting between you two. :D

chief31
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Many won't remain fans...that's what bandwagon fan personalities do...jump off the wagon unless the team stays on top.

Most bandwagon fans I'm familiar with are of generations younger, and/or generations of a society of which loses more patience and concept of loyalty in every aspect with each new generation. In the modern day NFL few teams will stay on top for long, heck, few players spend their careers with one team, many not even more than a couple of seasons. The only thing I can be sure of these days is...winning teams will change often from season to season, players on teams will change most every season, and bandwagon fan personalities will not remain loyal beyond a losing season or two. :D

Well, I am a bandwagon fan from the early '90s. And I have stayedas I will continue to stay with The Chiefs.

People who are looking for a team to love may, or may not, remain with the team they start out liking. But I welcome them either way.

Hayvern
10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!

reded
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been strapped to the luggage rack on the roof since 1988 and the only way I'm getting off is for the wagon to catch fire and kill me.

N TX Dave
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
BAH! Getting on the bandwagon would imply that at some point you got OFF the bandwagon.

I am not getting on this bandwagon, I am on the original bandwagon and have my seat comfortably secure behind the steering wheel! THat's right, I am steering this wagon, and it is outfitted to the hilt.

Yes, this wagon has had to navigate some rough roads, but the people who got on this wagon so long ago were not lost when we hit those bumps, we were not bruised or injured and we surely never got off to avoid those challenges.

So the rest of you can jump on and off the bandwagons as they come and go, this guy is going to stay firmly behind the wheel of this wagon and continue to steer it where ever the fate with this team will take us.

There are some empty seats on my wagon, but beware, if you get off, there is no circling back to pick you up!

I call shotgun then I used to go to the games at old Muni stadium and have never liked another pro team. Well I have a few teams I have liked over the years but none more than the Chiefs. I have lived and died with the Chiefs and no other team they are my team and I love them the others I just like to watch and like to see them win.

tornadospotter
10-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Your Driving????, I thought Chiefster was! :11:

Chiefster
10-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Your Driving????, I thought Chiefster was! :11:

Are you kidding? I can't go around the block without my Garmin Nuvi.

I navigate! :D

Connie Jo
10-07-2010, 01:53 AM

SWEET!! REP!!

Well, You, Stricken, Canada, Chiefster, & Dave all have their permanent placement on the wagon called...so I'm calling my place too! I've decided I'm not gonna be on the wagon, haha. I'm gonna be riding Warpaint scouting ahead of y'all, keeping my eye and tomahawk sharp...just in case there are any ambush attempts ahead of y'all!
:punk:

Connie Jo
10-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I am a bandwagon fan from the early '90s. And I have stayedas I will continue to stay with The Chiefs.

People who are looking for a team to love may, or may not, remain with the team they start out liking. But I welcome them either way.

You and I aren't on the same page with definition of a "bandwagon fan", lol. Had you been my definition of a bandwagon fan, you wouldn't have stayed, rather jumped off after 2005 especially, hahaha.

You've stayed with the team you started out liking, win or lose, that's a loyal fan in my book of fan definition, haha. :)

Connie Jo
10-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Just to clarify...bandwagon fans irritate me, but I don't despise them, hahaha. I do my best to instill the principle of loyalty within them...sometimes I succeed, others I fail, haha.

Heck, I was married to a bandwagon fan once upon a time for a long time. ~Sigh~...no matter my efforts he couldn't 'get' my remaining loyal and optimistic when my Chiefs lost. He would bash them and jump off the wagon, favor a trendy team such as the Colts. ~shivers at thought~

In hindsight, his being a bandwagon fan should've been another clue he'd jump off the wagon of life when it became a bit of bumpy ride for him. I held out my hand and tried to pull him back on several times, but he didn't have the strength to help, & I plum tuckered out trying to pull him back on all by myself. Well, then he tried to jump back on a few times when the ground became a rougher walk than the wagon ride, but I wasn't on the wagon. I earned my eagle battle feathers, became a brave squaw riding Warpaint solo in to the unknown frontier ahead. My eye's now wide open scouting future ambushes!! YEEHAW!!

~Thank God literally, for my sense of humor...sometimes, it's a saving grace!~

:chiefs:

tornadospotter
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
SWEET!! REP!!

Well, You, Stricken, Canada, Chiefster, & Dave all have their permanent placement on the wagon called...so I'm calling my place too! I've decided I'm not gonna be on the wagon, haha. I'm gonna be riding Warpaint scouting ahead of y'all, keeping my eye and tomahawk sharp...just in case there are any ambush attempts ahead of y'all!
:punk:

YouTube - War paint returns

Connie Jo
10-08-2010, 05:39 AM
I love Warpaint!! I do! This isn't a horse or memory subject thread I know, but the video triggered memories, sorry! haha

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of owning a Paint. I lived with grandma in Oregon from ages 1 1/2 to 6. Back then there was a weekly Western TV show with Rory Calhoun, "The Texan"...he rode a beautiful black & white Paint! That's when fell in love with Paints. Grandma had a small log cabin in the mountains we'd spend weekends at. Wild Mustangs were common there, including Paints...I'd plead relentlessly from others for help to catch me one. Sometimes I'd sneak to get close to one while grazing, when no one was watching, cause I was told they were mean & to stay away from them, hahaha.

In grade school I fell in love with Joe Cartwright's black & white Paint in Bonanza, also Tonto's brown & white in the Lone Ranger, like our Chiefs Warpaint. I never did fulfill my dream of owning one, but I did have a Buckskin like Matt Dillon's for a few years, haha! I couldn't find a Paint when I bought my Buckskin, he was 2nd choice, but a good horse. He'd kneel so I could get on & off easier, he was such a gentleman, haha.

In late Spring 1984...I had a guy come shoe my Buckskin. My 'x' husband went with me to the pasture to meet the guy. A storm began to roll in & 'Buck' was nervous in storms. I told my 'x' he should back away from Buck's hip area, but he kept talking to the guy while he was trying to finish Buck's front hoof before the storm hit. Lightning struck not far away & startled Buck, he tried to break free of the fence he was tied to. A rear hoof came up & smacked my 'x' in the forehead knocking him to the ground!! He was bruised & had a big knot with a cut for a few days, but okay. It's funny now, but wasn't then...he was MAD! Well, that ended my having a horse...it was the horse or the husband. It was the right decision then. :(