PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we have a rivalry with the Colts?

figcrostic
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
These A-holes have knocked us out of the playoffs like 3 or 4 times if I'm not mistaken.

#58ChiefsFan
10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I would say because we haven't had a team that can compete with them. After we beat them sunday and have a head of steam heading into the playoffs this year I bet they begin to dislike us.

matthewschiefs
10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't hate the colts like I do the donkeys and faiders but I don't mind seeing when they lose. I will never forget the breaking of our hearts in 95 and in 03.

N TX Dave
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Tio have a rivalry teh teams have to play every year and the teams have to have a back and forth winning so we don't play them but once every two to four years and they have been beating us when we do play them it is more of a dislike for them than a rivalry.

Seek
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
You can't hate everyone, but I don't mind seeing Peyton Manning lose.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I didn't hate them, because when we lost to the Colts in the playoffs, it was expected. We had a terrible defense that couldn't stop anyone, so when we faced Peyton, we all knew it would come down to who had the ball last.

when they beat us the second time, it was because we ***-backwarded our way into the playoffs, and we all knew we had no business being there.

Granted, I believe we got knocked out by them a third time, and for that I REALLY want to beat them.

We have a rivalry, I think, in that KC fans see beating the Colts as the benchmark for having actually improved as a team. Until we can go in and beat them, we will always carry the residual feelings of inadequacy that come from having imbalanced teams.

Chiefster
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I didn't hate them, because when we lost to the Colts in the playoffs, it was expected. We had a terrible defense that couldn't stop anyone, so when we faced Peyton, we all knew it would come down to who had the ball last.

when they beat us the second time, it was because we ***-backwarded our way into the playoffs, and we all knew we had no business being there.

Granted, I believe we got knocked out by them a third time, and for that I REALLY want to beat them.

We have a rivalry, I think, in that KC fans see beating the Colts as the benchmark for having actually improved as a team. Until we can go in and beat them, we will always carry the residual feelings of inadequacy that come from having imbalanced teams.

...This; every bit of it!

...Nail on the head!

Rep added!

yashi
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Hard to have a rivalry with someone that you never beat.

figcrostic
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Even more reason. The Colts are the bully that has picked on us since we were in grade school guess what we just got a growth spurt over the summer and were gonna kick that bullies ***.:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

CapitalT
10-06-2010, 03:11 PM

We're gonna beat the hell out of them ... this time!

:dt:

okikcfan
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
I just read that 80 percent of the yards that Indy gives up is with the running game. That said and the Chiefs having one of if not the BEST running game, I think we stand a pretty good chance of giving Indy a 2 week losing streak. If Cassel can perform well and mix it up this could be an outstanding game. Tony M will be well covered. Keeping Manning off the field will be a must. And best of all this game will be on tv in Oklahoma! YES!!!! GO CHIEFS!

Seek
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM

We beat them in the regular season in 2004, just after the no punt play off game. It was Gunthers first year as DC and he did make them Punt as promised.

I remember Manning whinning like a little B becuase they didn't go for it on 4th and 6 a couple times.

Eydugstr
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
These A-holes have knocked us out of the playoffs like 3 or 4 times if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, but every time we lost against them it's usually because we shot ourselves in the foot. :beat_DeadHorse:

In '95 we missed on four field goal attempts and decided to stick with Grbac; In '03 our offense was great but our defense couldn't stop third graders, let alone Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. The last time we faced Indy in the playoffs, Herm Edwards had let the offense go to pot, and everyone underestimated the Colt's D to the point where they took it personally.

So it's kinda hard for me to mad at the Colts for winning those games. My hope is that the Chiefs will get off the bus with the mindset of taking care of business, and ignore the 3-0 hoopla. They've improved a lot, but what good will it all be if they turn around and go 3-3 ?!?

Get off the bus in Indy, take care of business, go home and focus on Houston.

Three7s
10-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, but every time we lost against them it's usually because we shot ourselves in the foot. :beat_DeadHorse:

In '95 we missed on four field goal attempts and decided to stick with Bono; In '03 our offense was great but our defense couldn't stop third graders, let alone Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. The last time we faced Indy in the playoffs, Herm Edwards had let the offense go to pot, and everyone underestimated the Colt's D to the point where they took it personally.

So it's kinda hard for me to mad at the Colts for winning those games. My hope is that the Chiefs will get off the bus with the mindset of taking care of business, and ignore the 3-0 hoopla. They've improved a lot, but what good will it all be if they turn around and go 3-3 ?!?

Get off the bus in Indy, take care of business, go home and focus on Houston.
Fixed!

Eydugstr
10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Fixed!

Correct you are! Grbac must've slipped out when I was still trying to suppress memories of the '97 playoffs.

Connie Jo
11-02-2010, 01:02 AM

REP!!!

Connie Jo
11-02-2010, 01:10 AM
In the correct order, these teams are who I personally consider to be the Chiefs rivals. My rival feelings are based upon my past experiences over the years watching games as a Chiefs fan.

1) Bronco's
2) Raiders
3) Chargers

4) Colts (due to their knocking us out of the playoffs one too many times. They are indeed a 'playoff rivalry'. As well, I'm sick & tired of hearing about Manning and the Colts! I honestly have never believed, & still don't...that they're a Super Bowl caliber 'TEAM'. They got lucky is all.)

5) Bengals (due to their being in our division years ago, and my simply not liking them since they've bad mouthed our coaches & players often on TV. They too are considered somewhat a playoff rivalry.)

6) Seahawks (due to their once being a division rival & my dislike for them carried on even after they were put into the NFC.

Three7s
11-02-2010, 04:03 AM
I'd say the Bills belong on that list somewhere because of the match ups we had with them in the 90s. I don't know if I'll ever like the Bills.......

Bike
11-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Colts not in our division - so not up against them twice a year as vs faiders, donks, and bolts. Our only true rivalry is faiders imo.
Speaking of colts, Manning is a hof qb. He is a leader, has great vision, a superior understanding of the game, and an above average arm. His team is riddled with injuries, yet still put away the texans who beat us a couple weeks ago.
To beat these guys we are going to have to keep their offense off the field by sustaining long drives ending in 7 points and our D is gonna have to pressure Manning into making some mistakes. Sounds obvious I know - as that is how you win any game. Especially so vs Manning. We will get a second chance later this season.

nigeriannightmare
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM

To me theye are number 2 on the rivalry list right behind the dodnkeys. I was at that playoff game and the way the fans taunted us and I am talking even some older ladies and the fact we go jumped on the way to white castle I can't stand indianaoplis. Not to mention they knoked us off when we were a one seed. I have a strong dislike for the colts and the city.....

nigeriannightmare
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

We were also a one seed in one game and the kicker who shall not be named missed 3 field goals and we lost 10-7, that's when it started for me....

Connie Jo
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd say the Bills belong on that list somewhere because of the match ups we had with them in the 90s. I don't know if I'll ever like the Bills.......

I agree, not sure why I neglected to include them, especially considering I was just talking Sunday to a friend about my dislike of the Bills due to games of yesteryear. I learned long ago never, but never under-estimate the Bills, regardless of their record/stats. They always seem to play tough against our Chiefs, or we habitually for some reason make it tough on ourselves, whatever...the Bills are definitely a rival in that aspect!

Connie Jo
11-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh, and another reason I dislike Indy & consider them a rival is...they beat us in September 2000...home opener at Arrowhead. It was the first game without DT (RIP). I attended that game at Arrowhead with my son. I wanted so badly for us to win that game in DT's honorable memory...but we lost. I don't often become so sad at a loss I cry, but I did after losing that game. :(