PDA

View Full Version : Anyone butterfly ancy for tomorrow's game?

Connie Jo
10-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Damn...the closer tomorrow becomes, the more ancy I become. I rarely get this 'ancy' (nervous) before a Chiefs game, even have my tummy doing butterfly flip floppin, haha.

Don't know about the rest of ya, but I've come to the conclusion, with exception of playoff significance...tomorrow's game against the Colts is the most important of our Chiefs season. Not a result of our wanting or needing to, but we'll making a statement to a vast majority of whether our team is legit or lucky fluke.

The Colts have a large following of fans beyond Indy, due to Manning's popularity, similar to what Montana had/has. I feel like our Chiefs are being put on trial tomorrow with the NFL, media, and fans throughout the world. I don't like it, doubt the Chiefs do either, just another pressure to contend with, but it is what it is.

GO CHIEFS!!!

:chiefs:

chief31
10-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Definitely!:chiefs:

Connie Jo
10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I realized just how important tomorrow's game is when my son called me last night from Nebraska. He's there with his wife for a barrel racing show related to her horses. He said, "hey mom, I'm not gonna be able to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday, won't be home in time. When you're at my house watching, could you call me with updates? This is very out of character for my son, hahaha. He was raised a Chiefs fan, but he's not as passionate a fan as I am, doesn't make watching the games a priority, nor give them much thought beforehand with watching.

I have a feeling tonight is gonna be another restless night for me with trying to get some sleep, hahaha.

Big Daddy Tek
10-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I think that you are right on Connie. This is such a big game for the franchise, for the players, for the fans.... It could be the turning point of everything that we have watched for the past 4 years.

Pro_Angler
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
yea ive had 2 friends call me just to say were gonna lose..nice friends.. I worked some overtime today since huskers played friday night and I was thinking of the game the whole time.

Connie Jo
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I think that you are right on Connie. This is such a big game for the franchise, for the players, for the fans.... It could be the turning point of everything that we have watched for the past 4 years.

Yep, I see it somewhat as a turning point too. It will be a HUGE victory for the Chiefs in so many aspects, for the fans as well. We 'thought' MNF was huge, and it was in so many ways, but this game has evolved into being even more huge.

I have a change of plans for watching the game. My grandkids are now spending the night with me...which is awesome! I don't get to see them often living an hour's drive apart. They're outside riding bikes now, or I'd not be on the PC, haha. Tomorrow I'm going to their house to watch the game, but at 2 PM they're having a birthday party for my step-grand-daughter at the bowling alley. It was a last minute decision to have it at the bowling alley. She's a priority, of course, but I was happy to hear my daughter say the bowling alley told her they'd have the Chiefs/Colts game on their TV's, LOL.

:chiefs: :chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
10-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Yep... seems like a BIG GAME. No matter what happens though, I've been telling myself that come Monday, win or lose it was one notch on the win or loss column.

That said, it does seem to be a very large test on the Chiefs and just exactly where our identity is at and going. I'm feeling it too. :D Chiefs FTW! :chiefs: :sFl_canada2:

#58ChiefsFan
10-09-2010, 08:10 PM
yea ive had 2 friends call me just to say were gonna lose..nice friends.. I worked some overtime today since huskers played friday night and I was thinking of the game the whole time.

Living in dolts country you can imagine the text messages coming my way today. This should be one hell of a game!

tornadospotter
10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Damn...the closer tomorrow becomes, the more ancy I become. I rarely get this 'ancy' (nervous) before a Chiefs game, even have my tummy doing butterfly flip floppin, haha.
Yes!
Don't know about the rest of ya, but I've come to the conclusion, with exception of playoff significance...tomorrow's game against the Colts is the most important of our Chiefs season. Not a result of our wanting or needing to, but we'll making a statement to a vast majority of whether our team is legit or lucky fluke.

The Colts have a large following of fans beyond Indy, due to Manning's popularity, similar to what Montana had/has. I feel like our Chiefs are being put on trial tomorrow with the NFL, media, and fans throughout the world. I don't like it, doubt the Chiefs do either, just another pressure to contend with, but it is what it is.

GO CHIEFS!!!

This is the biggest game of the season to my opinion, winning this game will create huge momentum.

I realized just how important tomorrow's game is when my son called me last night from Nebraska. He's there with his wife for a barrel racing show related to her horses. He said, "hey mom, I'm not gonna be able to watch the Chiefs game on Sunday, won't be home in time. When you're at my house watching, could you call me with updates? This is very out of character for my son, hahaha. He was raised a Chiefs fan, but he's not as passionate a fan as I am, doesn't make watching the games a priority, nor give them much thought beforehand with watching.

I have a feeling tonight is gonna be another restless night for me with trying to get some sleep, hahaha.
I have to work! Can you call or text me updates?
JK, I will be taking a radio to work, and will be listening as much as possible, what I need is, pray that I am not constantly being called up to the front of the store, so I can stay close to my radio!

Connie Jo
10-09-2010, 10:49 PM
You got it TS!!! I'm sending good vibes your way so you'll be able to hear the game!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!

matthewschiefs
10-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I am ancy about this game. I can't wait to see the Chiefs see how they stack up to a superbowl team from a year ago. This will be a great test for this football team.

Boxermm187
10-10-2010, 01:08 AM
this game is really going to show us where the Chiefs rank with the best. I really have a good feeling about this game. i don't know if it is just nerves or excitement, maybe both. i have been reading some forums of the colts and thier fans really think they have this one in the bag. can't wait to read what they have to say after the Chiefs run all over them.........ahhhhh I can't sleep!!!!!!! it's almost here.:chiefs: :yahoo:

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Yea ninets forum and bolts did same exact thing.

Connie Jo
10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, I gotta be honest...I'm just as guilty as fans of teams opposing our Chiefs, as far as me not believing their team is going to beat our Chiefs, hahaha. I can be just as guilty too with attempting to justify a Chiefs loss. Still, I'm open minded enough that I will give respect & credit to other teams who earn & deserve it, whether they're a Chiefs opponent or not. I expect the same from other NFL fans, but don't see that happen very often. Seems no matter how much the Chiefs do right, they get bashed negatively by outsiders. :(

okikcfan
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Fluke, thats what we are in the eye's of other fans, just a fluke. The past is the past. Win this game and we will be the talk of the NFL! I feel sooooo good about this game. It won't come easy, it will be long and hard but we WILL beat the Colts at their house! I know it, I feel it and I freakin LOVE it! GOOO CHIEFS!

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Fluke, thats what we are in the eye's of other fans, just a fluke. The past is the past. Win this game and we will be the talk of the NFL! I feel sooooo good about this game. It won't come easy, it will be long and hard but we WILL beat the Colts at their house! I know it, I feel it and I freakin LOVE it! GOOO CHIEFS!

Today we change that. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!