PDA

View Full Version : For the Albert haters, Okung/Williams fans

Ryfo18
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Just read this from Rotoworld.com:

"Chiefs LT Brandon Albert has yet to be flagged for a penalty or allow a sack in 2010."

Yet we still have people on here that have man love for Okung and Williams, salty that we didn't take either. There are people that still say our O-line is bad, despite playing great the last 8 games last year and giving up 2 sacks in 3 games this year. So I ask you, why is our O-line still so bad and need improved? Our biggest problem last year was safety and I'm very glad we got Berry when we did.

honda522
10-10-2010, 10:03 AM
We still will need to find someone to replace Weigmann.

OL played terrible in the preseason, but they improve every week.

70 chiefsfan70
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I know our OL is under estimated by many, but I would like to see more depth, if and when the opportunity arrives..........

I was delighted to see the Eric Berry pick as well, I too thought our weakest link was the defending the deep ball.

So many fans do not realize the time it takes for the DL and OL to develope and play up to the NFL level. It is great to see Dorsey and Albert playing up this year, also T Jackson has been playing well, but will get much better IMO.

Both Okung and Williams will be good players someday, and would have been nice to have on our team, but only have so many draft picks, I am very pleased with our coaches choices on the draft.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 10:53 AM

"Chiefs LT Brandon Albert has yet to be flagged for a penalty or allow a sack in 2010."

Yet we still have people on here that have man love for Okung and Williams, salty that we didn't take either. There are people that still say our O-line is bad, despite playing great the last 8 games last year and giving up 2 sacks in 3 games this year. So I ask you, why is our O-line still so bad and need improved? Our biggest problem last year was safety and I'm very glad we got Berry when we did.

I don't think anyone hates on Albert, but he is more fitted to a guard. As farr as not allowing a sack this year that's great, but who has he face that is a great pass rusher? Guess we will find out today when we face the colts in Mathis/Freeney combo.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
No one hates Albert,we need depth. He's gonna get tested today, I think he wil;l allow 2 sacks. Hopefully not but think so.

Seek
10-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I was in favor of moving him to RT. So far this year he has me eating my words. I hope it continues.

Big Daddy Tek
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Your right on and your statement is not one that can even be argued with. Berry= no brainer

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 11:24 AM
A lot of people are still crying about the Berry pick cause he hasn't had the huge impact yet, it will take almost a year for Berry to "get it" maybe a whole year. Rookie linemen are another thing, usually 2-3 years. So you pay him to sit or play crappy for 2-3 years?

Big Daddy Tek
10-10-2010, 11:25 AM
We still will need to find someone to replace Weigmann.

OL played terrible in the preseason, but they improve every week.

Agree here. Niswanger is not a starting center. If and when Weigmann calls it quits, we will need a solid replacement, but for now Weigmann might be playing better than everybody!

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
We had a great draft. That includes Berry. We helped our team and got rookies that are making an impact right away. To want to do anything diffrent now that we have seen what this team is like on the field does not make much sense to me. And this is from someone who was not on board with the Berry pick.

brdempsey69
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think anyone hates on Albert, but he is more fitted to a guard. As far as not allowing a sack this year that's great, but who has he face that is a great pass rusher? Guess we will find out today when we face the colts in Mathis/Freeney combo.

Exactly my thoughts. It's interesting how fast people forget that early in the decade, the Chiefs had 1999 #1 pick John Tait playing LT (and playing pretty well at that) and yet when Willie Roaf became available to them in 2002, he came in and proved they had done the right thing bringing him into the fold, as the Chiefs offense became the most prolific in the teams history.

Disagree about Safety being the biggest need. It was a need, yes, but the biggest need on Defense was clearly a revamped Front 7 doing a much better job this year of stopping the run and rushing the passer. Without that, it wouldn't matter who's playing Safety. If the Chiefs don't get pressure on Manning today and he has all day to throw, it's going to be a long day.

And it does not always take O-Lineman 2-3 years to develop. Joe Thomas and Jake Long were Pro-Bowlers in their 1st seasons so that's a myth.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I didnt say all, that 2 o-linemen in 50 years.. everyone knows it takes several years NORMALLY for 0-linemen to adjust to the NFL.

brdempsey69
10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I didnt say all, that 2 o-linemen in 50 years.. everyone knows it takes several years NORMALLY for 0-linemen to adjust to the NFL.

There's been more than 2, remember Will Shields? And I can go on and on with a slew of others. A more accurate statement might be by their 2nd year you generally find out whether they can play in the NFL or not, assuming they are getting ample playing time.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 12:57 PM
no...wrong..but thats your opinion and your intitled to it..unfortunately...JK

captainamerica
10-10-2010, 04:27 PM
My hats off to Albert for the game today. He really did a great job this evening, opening up holes in the running game and giving Matt Cassel time to throw. This game proves he can play LT in my opinion. Major props to Albert.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
My hats off to Albert for the game today. He really did a great job this evening, opening up holes in the running game and giving Matt Cassel time to throw. This game proves he can play LT in my opinion. Major props to Albert.

I agree. Albert was not one of the reasons we lost. He was fine just like all year. Freeny was in the 3rd quater and had 0 tackles. Albert had one bad holding penalty on him today thats the only negitive.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:36 PM
albert had a great game!! dont even think of blaming him!! he had one holding penalty at a very bad time, the refs obviously was trying to help control the game cause i seen atleast 6 times holding on hali and flag not thrown..

leave Albert alone.

Ryfo18
10-10-2010, 06:09 PM
albert had a great game!! dont even think of blaming him!! he had one holding penalty at a very bad time, the refs obviously was trying to help control the game cause i seen atleast 6 times holding on hali and flag not thrown..

leave Albert alone.

And if you watched that play, the holding was very questionable...

In the 3rd quarter Hali squirted through the Colts' right tackle, who tackled his right arm...no holding call. I was impressed with Albert against Freeney, one of the premier pass rushers.