PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe

Seek
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

kcchiefs28
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
to be fair he did have to turn around to his back shoulder and that was a tough catch.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Cassle did his job on that play and the one after that. Bowe HAS TO CATCH THE BALL. He is dropping way to many. I think he has proven he is not a number 1 reciver.

Seek
10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
to be fair he did have to turn around to his back shoulder and that was a tough catch.

And the pass right after that... The pass was there. Bowe just flipping dropped it and I have a horrible feeling that will be the difference in the game.

kcchiefs28
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah he shoulda caught the second one

Hayvern
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I have had enough of Bowe. He haas had ample time and chances to be that guy and he has failed. We need a receiver now in a bad way.

Seek
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
He completely killed the momentum.

bigpoppachief
10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah he did but Cassel still shows us why he is no QOF with his horrible decision making and timing uggg VERY frusterated because we shot ourselves in the foot this gam,e

kcvet
10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
what's Cassel have to do pitch it under handed ???

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,me too

to be fair this is the NFL. he is gettn paid to catch passes that me and you cant.

I can drop passes at that salary if you want me too.

Cassle did his job on that play and the one after that. Bowe HAS TO CATCH THE BALL. He is dropping way to many. I think he has proven he is not a number 1 reciver.
Dont get me started on Cassell. He is in deeper Sh!t that Bowe.

And the pass right after that... The pass was there. Bowe just flipping dropped it and I have a horrible feeling that will be the difference in the game.yep.

Yeah he shoulda caught the second one
yep.

70 chiefsfan70
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM
To be fair, he looked liked he may have been the colts 12th man!

I'm really trying to be patient and give him time, but there comes a time when the diaper needs to come off!

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
ok. we get it your all mad, wait till next week we will be a little better,, we are only trying to get a little better each week, bowes TD drop didnt change the outcome of the game, what about the other 25 bad throws that lso could have been for TD's??

SIC J
10-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I like Bowe but he flat out just dropped that pass. He's like Charles, can't hold onto the ball.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
And the pass right after that... The pass was there. Bowe just flipping dropped it and I have a horrible feeling that will be the difference in the game.

didnt matter would have been for a loss..

garciakcfan
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Um it did change the game. It would have been 16-12. I always defend him and I can't on this one, he's our number one receiver. Enough said. How the hell is cassell going to "look" better if our receivers can't cacth the ball and has no confidence. We hung in there against peyton manning. I'm mad we lost but I'm feeling good about this team.

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I like Bowe but he flat out just dropped that pass. He's like Charles, can't hold onto the ball.
fumbles happen.

turnovers happen.

Manning turned the ball over.

We were in teh game basically bcuz of Charles.

Fastphilly
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
With the kind of grind it out offence we play, it is CRUCIAL that we have sure handed receivers when the pass arises...I am dissapointed with Bowe's play.. Not enough passes were thown to him however, so I'll wait a little longer before I call for his head.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
awefully funny snakeeyes, all year your a no show till we lose, then your in every thread making rediculas comments!

go away and forget your pass word!!!!

Fastphilly
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
ok. we get it your all mad, wait till next week we will be a little better,, we are only trying to get a little better each week, bowes TD drop didnt change the outcome of the game, what about the other 25 bad throws that lso could have been for TD's??

A little better next week? This offence has regressed since it's last game. They had two weeks off to work on the deficiencies. They are playing a pass defence that's in the bottom half of the league statisticly....If we were playing the Ravens or Steelers then I would'nt be concerned...We should have been able to get more passing yards than was put up..

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
last week was a aberition, we made 2 great plays on our passing game, we just didnt execute today, we beat ourselves, no need for new players..maybe new OC but players are in place buy your jerseys they are here to stay...

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
awefully funny snakeeyes, all year your a no show till we lose, then your in every thread making rediculas comments!

go away and forget your pass word!!!!
nice try.

but ive been here all along. I just dont post unless i have something to say.

In case you havent noticed. no one really cares about you threads.

Lets not make this about attacking each other. Iv'e been throught that crap enough here.

But your not fooling anybody with your sunshine bullsh!t.

Im happy the Chiefs are 3-1 and so is everybody here. But this is a forum, somewhere where people voice there concerns.

There are more positives than negatives about the Chiefs. But becuz we want to discuss the negatives doesn't mean you got to be holier than thou. get lost

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
rock crawling...ahh got to love .. your on ignore, you have a very badddddd reputation in here, i see nothing has changed..

brdempsey69
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm not going to rag on Bowe -- but how about this: Jeremy Horne, who showed the ability to get behind the defense and catch the ball deep in training camp. Why not work Horne into the mix and start throwing some passes in his direction? Is there really anything to lose by giving this kid a chance to show what he can do? Did he not tally the 1st Chiefs TD of the preseason? What do you all say?

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 05:41 PM
rock crawling...ahh got to love .. your on ignore, you have a very badddddd reputation in here, i see nothing has changed..
kids. .. they say the darndest things.

evidently this guy doesn't know how to view rep!

lol.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah he did but Cassel still shows us why he is no QOF with his horrible decision making and timing uggg VERY frusterated because we shot ourselves in the foot this gam,e

This is a crap statement. The momentum that that dropped ball caused has a domino effect in the game. We were playing some good footballl up until that drive. Three consecutive drops by receivers and you are gonna blame the QB absolutely ridiculus.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Um it did change the game. It would have been 16-12. I always defend him and I can't on this one, he's our number one receiver. Enough said. How the hell is cassell going to "look" better if our receivers can't cacth the ball and has no confidence. We hung in there against peyton manning. I'm mad we lost but I'm feeling good about this team.

It would have been 13 or 14 to 9, but the momentum would have shifted no one can say what would have happened if we get that touch down but to say that that dropped ball, as some one else posted, doesn't change the outcome of the game is ludacris. It absolutely changed the outcome of the game. That and Joseph addai getting hurt because Hart ran right through us.

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
This is a crap statement. The momentum that that dropped ball caused has a domino effect in the game. We were playing some good footballl up until that drive. Three consecutive drops by receivers and you are gonna blame the QB absolutely ridiculus.
i myself am upset with Cassell but not becuz of the throw to Bowe. nor the one after that

SIC J
10-10-2010, 06:03 PM

As well as the OL started to break down as well resulting in Cassel having almost no time to throw the ball.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
i myself am upset with Cassell but not becuz of the throw to Bowe. nor the one after that

He gets that touchdown and his confidence would have gone through the roof....

Ryfo18
10-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I backed Dwayne the last 2 years, loved his work ethic in the offseason...He's dropped 3 balls that he should have caught. I can't continue to support him until he starts doing his job. I'm not kidding when I say I would have caught that TD pass. Having to turn around is an adjustment every reciever needs to be able to make, especially in the NFL.

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
He gets that touchdown and his confidence would have gone through the roof....Cassell has just given too much evidence on why he is not the guy.

Our D is great. Our run game is great.

Our special teams is good.

But we have to admit our passing game isn't going to cut it. This is a below average 2ndary we faced and a below average D.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Cassell has just given too much evidence on why he is not the guy.

But we have to admit our passing game isn't going to cut it. This is a below average 2ndary we faced and a below average D.

I don't remember but I think that that deep ball to bowe was our first pass over 25 for the game and it got dropped who knows what would have happened. He threw the ball away today, avoided some sacks I liked wha I saw with his poise in the pocket but this guy seems to feed off emotion and I am telling you he gets that touchdown and I just think we would have seen as different matt cassell.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
A little better next week? This offence has regressed since it's last game. They had two weeks off to work on the deficiencies. They are playing a pass defence that's in the bottom half of the league statisticly....If we were playing the Ravens or Steelers then I would'nt be concerned...We should have been able to get more passing yards than was put up..

We haven't regressed we played a better defense. Last week our defense is what scored a lot of points and the return game.

Hayvern
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I backed Dwayne the last 2 years, loved his work ethic in the offseason...He's dropped 3 balls that he should have caught. I can't continue to support him until he starts doing his job. I'm not kidding when I say I would have caught that TD pass. Having to turn around is an adjustment every reciever needs to be able to make, especially in the NFL.

Actually, I have Bowe down for five passes this year that he should have caught.

Interestingly enough the guy only has 10 receptions. He has to step it up and make those catches consistently. He certainly is not playing like the first round pick that we selected.

I do believe strongly that next year a receiver will be an early pick for the Chiefs we simply have got to have a number 1 guy and Bowe is not that guy. This is his third year and it seems like he has gotten worse each time.

What is worse is his attitude after he misses a catch. He acts like he's Gomer Pyle with his "doh dee doh dee doh" attitude after missing a catch.

I am so sick of that guy, and I am done defending him in the slightest. After those two drops, I would have put his butt on the bench the rest of the game.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM

Well, I am a Dwayne Bowe fan, and supported our Chiefs drafting him having faith in his ability & talent to become a top WR for us. Considering his numerous issues with missing catches & dropping them as well...it's a wonder to me why I continue to have faith he is a top WR in the making, but I do, even after today.

That said...I disagree the catch he missed in the endzone today was a "tough catch". Any top WR in the NFL could've easily made that catch...Cassel threw it right on the money, more or less. Of all the missed catches I've witnessed Bowe miss in the last couple of years...this particular one I do believe was the worst yet! He cost us 7 pts, and then missed the very next catchable pass thrown to him as well!

My biggest concern now is...he's gonna lose confidence in himself missing game critical catches like today. If that happens, he's likely to worsen...self confidence is a must for a WR. Cassel's gonna lose confidence in him again too. He had been doing better this year. :(

GarH
10-11-2010, 01:27 AM
At best Bowe is a #2 or #3 receiver. The Chiefs first draft pick should be a WR.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 01:34 AM

It would have been 13 or 14 to 9, but the momentum would have shifted no one can say what would have happened if we get that touch down but to say that that dropped ball, as some one else posted, doesn't change the outcome of the game is ludacris. It absolutely changed the outcome of the game. That and Joseph addai getting hurt because Hart ran right through us.

Cassell has just given too much evidence on why he is not the guy.

I agree with garciakcfan & nigeriannightmare on all points. I also agree with you Sn@keIze. Our passing game needs to improve to be a genuine contender for playoffs & Super Bowl. I'm not sure yet Cassel is not our man though, I'm going to make that decision by the end of this season.

I do believe Cassel has a strong enough arm, and he has shown accuracy skill & other talents of a possible top NFL QB. The problem is his consistency. Part of the game he looks good, others not. I'm just not sure of why he's inconsistent...whether it's all his fault or not.

The Indy crowd noise was at peak today, which could've been a negative factor for Cassel, or any QB for that matter. I read on FB some Indy fans say the crowd was amped & louder than normal, they wanted their team to be the one to knock us off our undefeated pedestal.

fairladyZ
10-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Haha i love the cassel hate, it makes me laugh. The guys takes 0 sacks, 0 picks, and has how many dropped passes and he is the problem? Have any of you guys even ever played QB? Cassel is doing fine. Is he the best? no of course not. Does he makes bad throws and mistakes? ya of course.
Hell people he outplayed Peyton Manning. The difference? When Peyton gave his guys the opportunity they made the catch! Bowe can't catch a back shoulder fade right on the money? It's time for him to go period. He is not #1 at all. Oh whats that we throw a quick 5 yard curl the next play and it goes right thru his hands? Yep time to go. And you guys wonder why we don't throw to him much? all it takes is one of those to come off his hands and it's picked. Chambers isn't impressing either.

I say Chiefs offer a 3rd rounder for Roy Williams. Or make a call for Vincent Jackson even though i doubt chargers will give him up to anybody with their demands.

Seek
10-11-2010, 08:55 AM

I am not sure I saw the 25 other bad throws. I saw ONE, on 4 and 2, where he forced it. Other than than. I saw four dropped balls that hit the receiver right in the hands, two on Bowe, one on Chambers and one on Dexter. I saw four balls just thrown away which was smart as they he avoided sacks.

Bowes dropped Balls did change the outcome of the game. It completely killed the momentum of the offense in which went into a slump after that.

One thing is obvious from this game. Bowe did return to his previous form as many predicted.

You all can blame Cassel all you want but the receiver plain out suck. Excluding Moeaki... That guy is freaking awesome.

OPLookn
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I am not sure I saw the 25 other bad throws. I saw ONE, on 4 and 2, where he forced it. Other than than. I saw four dropped balls that hit the receiver right in the hands, two on Bowe, one on Chambers and one on Dexter. I saw four balls just thrown away which was smart as they he avoided sacks.

Bowes dropped Balls did change the outcome of the game. It completely killed the momentum of the offense in which went into a slump after that.

One thing is obvious from this game. Bowe did return to his previous form as many predicted.

You all can blame Cassel all you want but the receiver plain out suck. Excluding Moeaki... That guy is freaking awesome.

Not gonna lie...I'm starting to get a man crush on one Tony Moeaki....

:lol:

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:33 PM

:lol::mancard: j/k

I am too!! :bananen_smilies046:

kcvet
10-11-2010, 01:37 PM

same here. i think he catch's that TD pass. guy's gonna be a tool

Lazeye
10-11-2010, 06:56 PM
This is something I have never done as a fan and that is blame one person for a loss. There are reasons for thoughts on this. Up until the blown catch in the endzone we were flat out playing the colts in all aspects and it showed. Bowe is in the NFL he had both hands on the ball so that to me means he should have caught that pass. Had that happened I believe imo the colts would have been done for and the defense would have closed the game for us. I was a bowe fan until that drop, I rolled without grumbling at all the drops before but i am done. Trade the no bowe show!

okikcfan
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM

Oh yea, you all can include me in on that! :punk:

Seek
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
This is something I have never done as a fan and that is blame one person for a loss. There are reasons for thoughts on this. Up until the blown catch in the endzone we were flat out playing the colts in all aspects and it showed. Bowe is in the NFL he had both hands on the ball so that to me means he should have caught that pass. Had that happened I believe imo the colts would have been done for and the defense would have closed the game for us. I was a bowe fan until that drop, I rolled without grumbling at all the drops before but i am done. Trade the no bowe show!

He didn't cause the team to lose even though he played a big part in it. Fact of the matter the team is still 3-1 and realistically most of us probably didn't expect to win in Indy. The fact that it was in our grasp bothers me. This team still proved it is better than most think and Blaming the loss on people won't help anyone.

I am done venting on Bowe, it is time to beat the Texans.

AkChief49
10-12-2010, 08:41 AM

the better, (more attention) Tony gets the less attention Bowe will get. Like our other Tony, he will take a lot of heat off of him.

Lazeye
10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
He didn't cause the team to lose even though he played a big part in it. Fact of the matter the team is still 3-1 and realistically most of us probably didn't expect to win in Indy. The fact that it was in our grasp bothers me. This team still proved it is better than most think and Blaming the loss on people won't help anyone.

I am done venting on Bowe, it is time to beat the Texans.
I am done as well. I did in fact believe we would win indy but the tex game is the one I was worried about. Now that we almost won at indy I actually think we stand a chance this week. I do think haley and Co. have this team moving in a direction that none of us saw coming, I think this team being tough and all will respond very well after a loss. they are breeding winners!

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
You all dog on Bowe, but other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him. I see us trading him for a third or fourth, whoever picks him up will laugh their A of that they got a solid number 2 receiver so cheap. I could see the Cards picking him up and having fitzgerald on one side and bowe on the other. Bowe will end up having a career year 1200 yards and close to 10 td's. Then you all will know (but never admit to it) that Bowe was not utilized properly and that Matt Cassel throws a ball this is hard to catch. Under other QB's Bowe was a succses under Cassel failure. BTW Bowe was not the only WR that dropped a ball Jamaal dropped one so did Mccluster and Chambers. The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.

Canada
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
You all dog on Bowe, but other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him. I see us trading him for a third or fourth, whoever picks him up will laugh their A of that they got a solid number 2 receiver so cheap. I could see the Cards picking him up and having fitzgerald on one side and bowe on the other and Bower will end up having a career year 1200 yards and close to 10 td's.

Who cares, if he cant do that here then he does us absolutely no good. And giving up a 3 or 4 isnt exactly chomping at the bit to get him.

Hayvern
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
You all dog on Bowe, but other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him. I see us trading him for a third or fourth, whoever picks him up will laugh their A of that they got a solid number 2 receiver so cheap. I could see the Cards picking him up and having fitzgerald on one side and bowe on the other. Bowe will end up having a career year 1200 yards and close to 10 td's. Then you all will know (but never admit to it) that Bowe was not utilized properly and that Matt Cassel throws a ball this is hard to catch. Under other QB's Bowe was a succses under Cassel failure. BTW Bowe was not the only WR that dropped a ball Jamaal dropped one so did Mccluster and Chambers. The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.

HAHAHA, dude, just say no to drugs.

Teams are already laughing because we spent a first round draft pick for a third round player (if that). Yeah they would be laughing alright.

GlennBree
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Man!! I LOVE HIM!!!!

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think Bowe is going anywhere. He's come a long way, he just has a big drop problem. Haley still seems happy with him. He's under the teams control through 2011 and then he'll be a restricted free agent. They'll probably put at least a first round tender on him (maybe a first and a third) and no team will be willing to part with those kind of draft picks for a WR that will be 28 at that time. Of course that could all change depending on how the new CBA is structured. Most likely though, he's going to be here for a while (at least the next 2 years). The Chiefs will likely draft another WR in the 2nd-3rd round next year, but it makes absolutely no sense to trade Bowe unless you have better options available.

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I should mention that Bowe will only be tendered if 2012 is an uncapped year. Otherwise he's a unrestricted free agent and can go anywhere he pleases.

Canada
10-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Really? Because he was 2nd in the league in 2008 and Im pretty sure we didnt have Cassel then!!

Hayvern
10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.

Actually that ball was one of the best thrown balls all season, that one and the one to Bowe. If you knew anything about the game, you would know that where Cassel placed those two throws were exactly where they needed to be. The receivers both had to make great plays to catch them, but that ball thrown any other way is an interception.

I am not saying Cassel is perfect, far from it actually, but Bowe has consistently shown that he is the most inconsistent receiver this team has. He has been at the top of the league, either first or second in drops for the last two years.

A bad throw is one that an open receiver has no chance to catch, we have had plenty of those. A drop is when a receiver gets the ball in his hands and drops it. THose are the throws that receivers have to be able to make because it is hard enough getting the ball correctly thrown to begin with.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Really? Because he was 2nd in the league in 2008 and Im pretty sure we didnt have Cassel then!!

Guess who was number 8? Tony Gonzalez. Who is known for his ability to catch balls and not drop them. Those two guys got targeted a lot. Other honorable mentions Dallas Clark number 7, Hines Ward number 9, Braylon Edwards number 1. I could go on and on, but I won't only time will show us the truth.

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM

I have been reading your posts with great interest as of late. You seem to think that many of us aren't here to crtique this organization but during the herm years, the terrible experiment that brodie croyle was, all of carl peterson's terrible decisions we were b**ching with the excpetion of Canada he was positive then too.

After enduring the last few seasons we are seeing growth, we are seeing improvement with the exception of dwayne bowe. The dude got suspended for PED's, has been at the top of the league in dropped balls since he got here and he would have had zero success in the beginning if there was no tony g to take the pressure off. He is a first round draft choice that has not panned out. You are so quick ot jump on Cassel who is in his second season and survived his frist season with arguably the worst offensive line in nfl history. You talk about logic and reasoning but that to me is not logic nor reasonable. Fine Cassell sucks but to say Dwayne Bowe is the man is not logical.

And getting a thrid or fourth for him is not exactly chomping at the bit as Canada mentined earlier, especially considering he was our first round pick.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I have been reading your posts with great interest as of late. You seem to think that many of us aren't here to crtique this organization but during the herm years, the terrible experiment that brodie croyle was, all of carl peterson's terrible decisions we were b**ching with the excpetion of Canada he was positive then too.

After enduring the last few seasons we are seeing growth, we are seeing improvement with the exception of dwayne bowe. The dude got suspended for PED's, has been at the top of the league in dropped balls since he got here and he would have had zero success in the beginning if there was no tony g to take the pressure off. He is a first round draft choice that has not panned out. You are so quick ot jump on Cassel who is in his second season and survived his frist season with arguably the worst offensive line in nfl history. You talk about logic and reasoning but that to me is not logic nor reasonable. 1) Fine Cassell sucks but to say Dwayne Bowe is the man is not logical.

2)And getting a thrid or fourth for him is not exactly chomping at the bit as Canada mentined earlier, especially considering he was our first round pick.

1) I don't think Cassel sucks, I think he is a good backup and I don't think Bowe is "The Man" but he is a good WR with a proven track record. I don't ever think Dwayne Bowe will be "The Man" but he can be the second man, as you alluded at him being to Tony.
2) The teams will want him, but I think they will get him cheap especially if Haley blows up and slams him, but Haley has remained cool and praised him. Haley is being a lot smarter acting this year. I think last year he was overwhelmed he has done a great job this year though. Also the Vikes just picked up Randy Moss with a 3rd so getting a 3rd or 4th a second wr isn't too bad.

CapitalT
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Guess who was number 8? Tony Gonzalez. Who is known for his ability to catch balls and not drop them. Those two guys got targeted a lot. Other honorable mentions Dallas Clark number 7, Hines Ward number 9, Braylon Edwards number 1. I could go on and on, but I won't only time will show us the truth.

You sure you're not reading Anthony Gonzalez of Indi? ... and didn't Bowe have twice as many drops as Dallas Clark in 2008?

Bowe has gotta go.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
1) I don't think Cassel sucks, I think he is a good backup and I don't think Bowe is "The Man" but he is a good WR with a proven track record. I don't ever think Dwayne Bowe will be "The Man" but he can be the second man, as you alluded at him being to Tony.
2) The teams will want him, but I think they will get him cheap especially if Haley blows up and slams him, but Haley has remained cool and praised him. Haley is being a lot smarter acting this year. I think last year he was overwhelmed he has done a great job this year though. Also the Vikes just picked up Randy Moss with a 3rd so getting a 3rd or 4th a second wr isn't too bad.

I think Bowe can be a real good number 2 in the NFL. If we can get a TRUE number 1 then I think we will see a much better Bowe. Bowe had his best year when we had a HUGE weapon at TE. If we get anther Huge weapon someone that makes the D use double covarge I would love to see what Bowe can do. I think then we will see good things from him. And I think that would also help Cassel out. I still think that Cassel could be a long term starting qb in the NFL I would like to see him get a number 1 wr something that I don't think we have right now.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I think Bowe can be a real good number 2 in the NFL. If we can get a TRUE number 1 then I think we will see a much better Bowe. Bowe had his best year when we had a HUGE weapon at TE. If we get anther Huge weapon someone that makes the D use double covarge I would love to see what Bowe can do. I think then we will see good things from him. And I think that would also help Cassel out. I still think that Cassel could be a long term starting qb in the NFL I would like to see him get a number 1 wr something that I don't think we have right now.

Agree I think we need a number 1 guy, Moeaki is looking to be a solid TE. We need to start using Mccluster more everytime he touches the ball it's money. I wanna see him playing slot more or using him on screens more. If we get a solid 1 we can make Bowe a 2 and Chambers and Horn or Mccluster or whomever can fight for the 3rd spot. I honestly think Bowe is our third best wr in Chiefs history TG at 1 Eddie Kennison at 2 and then Bowe.

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 05:44 PM
You sure you're not reading Anthony Gonzalez of Indi? ... and didn't Bowe have twice as many drops as Dallas Clark in 2008?

Bowe has gotta go.

Why does Bowe have to go? You act like there are guys on the depth chart that we can just plug in and play a lot better. I realize he has a problem with dropping the ball. He's developing into an all-around wide receiver though, one that can block in the running game (as Haley has complimented him on). Simply saying he has to go does nothing to improve the Chiefs' team as a whole.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Why does Bowe have to go? You act like there are guys on the depth chart that we can just plug in and play a lot better. I realize he has a problem with dropping the ball. He's developing into an all-around wide receiver though, one that can block in the running game (as Haley has complimented him on). Simply saying he has to go does nothing to improve the Chiefs' team as a whole.

The chiefs would not only not improve as a team if they just got rid of Bowe that would make them worse. We simply do not have much at the WR spot right now and we have to use what we have. I would like to keep Bowe long term but get a number 1 WR that would help the Chiefs more then getting rid of Bowe.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM

Bowe has gotta go.

Sorry I meant Anthony good catch. Who are we supposed to replace Bowe with? Whether you like it or not Bowe is our best receiver. Bowe is not a burner so it takes him longer to get open Matt Cassel needs to be more patient with the man and when the play breaks apart for gods sake mad I'm glad you aren't taking sacks like you did but look downfield guys are getting open.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The chiefs would not only not improve as a team if they just got rid of Bowe that would make them worse. We simply do not have much at the WR spot right now and we have to use what we have. I would like to keep Bowe long term but get a number 1 WR that would help the Chiefs more then getting rid of Bowe.

Imagine if we would have gotten a guy like Boldin or Moss with Bowe that would be beautiful.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Agree I think we need a number 1 guy, Moeaki is looking to be a solid TE. We need to start using Mccluster more everytime he touches the ball it's money. I wanna see him playing slot more or using him on screens more. If we get a solid 1 we can make Bowe a 2 and Chambers and Horn or Mccluster or whomever can fight for the 3rd spot. I honestly think Bowe is our third best wr in Chiefs history TG at 1 Eddie Kennison at 2 and then Bowe.

Crap almost forgot Otis Taylor so that makes Bowe 4th best

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
So I have been saying for a year and a half that I dislike Bowe. I simply don't see where the love for him comes from. I keep hearing about his "track record". Ya, he dropped too many balls last year too! So for those who seem to like him for whatever reason, when does the love fest end? If he continues to drop balls, especially balls in the end zone for the rest of this year, will you feel the same as you do now and have since we got him? His track record you speak of indicates that he drops too many balls. Again, if he has the same year he had last year do you still want him on the Chiefs?

Chiefster
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
So I have been saying for a year and a half that I dislike Bowe. I simply don't see where the love for him comes from. I keep hearing about his "track record". Ya, he dropped too many balls last year too! So for those who seem to like him for whatever reason, when does the love fest end? If he continues to drop balls, especially balls in the end zone for the rest of this year, will you feel the same as you do now and have since we got him? His track record you speak of indicates that he drops too many balls. Again, if he has the same year he had last year do you still want him on the Chiefs?

Good question; I have to admit that I am completely dissatisfied with his overall performance to date.

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM

I've backed him, but the drops are not getting better. I'm not against getting rid of him, but find someone to replace him first. That's my only concern. Who replaces him? As it is now, we have him under control through the end of 2011. If he hasn't fixed his drops problem by then then the organization needs to find a suitable replacement.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I've backed him, but the drops are not getting better. I'm not against getting rid of him, but find someone to replace him first. That's my only concern. Who replaces him? As it is now, we have him under control through the end of 2011. If he hasn't fixed his drops problem by then then the organization needs to find a suitable replacement.

I endorse this message 100 percent. If we get rid of him so be it but right now he's the best we got.

CapitalT
10-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Benching Bowe is not a decision I would make lightly. However, I think drops, especially the easy drops (which Bowe has a lot of), can absolutely kill an offense. It's like a batting average, if you get 170 plate appearances and your average is 200 ... you're not in the starting lineup. We would be better off with a slower more sure-handed replacement.

For me, anyone on the bench will do. Sit him down until he can prove that he can stop making easy drops.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Benching Bowe is not a decision I would make lightly. However, I think drops, especially the easy drops (which Bowe has a lot of), can absolutely kill an offense. It's like a batting average, if you get 170 plate appearances and your average is 200 ... you're not in the starting lineup. We would be better off with a slower more sure-handed replacement.

For me, anyone on the bench will do. Sit him down until he can prove that he can stop making easy drops.

I would not be to upset if we sat Bowe for a game and maybe gave Horne a look. He made some things happen in the preseason I would like to see what happens if we can get him out there in a real nfl game at WR for an extended time. And maybe that would be a wake up call for Bowe.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2010, 09:08 PM

This!!!! ^^^^^
I would bench him indefinitely. He has proven that he is not of value to this team. He kills drives period. He certainly can not be helping the QB's confidence. I would immediately start shopping him and take whatever I could get.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 10:22 PM
This!!!! ^^^^^
I would bench him indefinitely. He has proven that he is not of value to this team. He kills drives period. He certainly can not be helping the QB's confidence. I would immediately start shopping him and take whatever I could get.

Good thing your not in a position of power. Bowe is our best WR, and if we desperately shop him around we are going to get crap for him. Haley is right in defending Bowe he is building up his trade value. If Bowe has a decent year and gets close to 1000 yards he's worth a lot you bench him after his suspension last year then we are going to get a nothing.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Good thing your not in a position of power. Bowe is our best WR, and if we desperately shop him around we are going to get crap for him. Haley is right in defending Bowe he is building up his trade value. If Bowe has a decent year and gets close to 1000 yards he's worth a lot you bench him after his suspension last year then we are going to get a nothing.
He's hurt us more than he's helped us for the last 20 games and yet he's our best receiver?

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 11:19 PM
He's hurt us more than he's helped us for the last 20 games and yet he's our best receiver?

I think he is our best receiver but that's not saying alot. We are not deep at all at the WR spot. I think Bowe can be a very good receiver If he has anther weapon along with him. He is not a number 1 receiver but he can be a real good number 2.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Here's your only problem who are you going to replace him nobody else had had success look at matt Cassel's completion percentage d-bowe is not the only one not catching the ball. I love how people are willing to give Cassel years to develop and D-bowe has a few bad games and so does Cassel and somehow we blame it all on d-bowe and nothing gets on Cassel mr teflon don. Maybe they both are too blame ever think of that?

Hayvern
10-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Here's your only problem who are you going to replace him nobody else had had success look at matt Cassel's completion percentage d-bowe is not the only one not catching the ball. I love how people are willing to give Cassel years to develop and D-bowe has a few bad games and so does Cassel and somehow we blame it all on d-bowe and nothing gets on Cassel mr teflon don. Maybe they both are too blame ever think of that?
Dude, seriously, try reading, it is a skill that is your friend.

There have been a great many people complaining about Cassel as well, but even you have to admit that Cassel has hurt us less than Bowe has.

Think about it, how many sacks has Cassel had? How many interceptions? How many fumbles?

He needs to get better too, there is no doubt, but even the best quarterback in the league cannot win games if his receivers cannot catch the ball.

I am done with this nonsense now. If Bowe turns it around, then so be it, if he continues to cost us games, then the man you have the man-crush on will be taking a backseat.

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2010, 08:44 AM

But Bowe was drafted to be the man or was he drafted to be number 2?

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2010, 08:59 AM

Dwayne has been here for four years not two. and dwayne was drafted to be THE man not be second to Tony G.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2010, 09:33 AM
You never cease to amaze do ya? I have said Cassel needs to be better but Bowe was drafted in the FIRST ROUND remember? He was to be our GO TO guy. In his last 20 games he has had the 2nd most drops in the league. I don't even give a rats a$$ about the suspension or his craving to be a DIVA receiver. All I want him to do is CATCH THE DAMN BALL! We are playing the worst pass defense in the league this week. If he drops passes this week that are within 5 feet of him, I would cut his a$$ on the spot regardless of who we have to fill his position. We could insert a shmoe off the street to do what he has done this far so I'm certain we have a back up that can fill in. Tell me again why you have been so impressed by this guy? I know, it's all the QB's fault right? He hasn't put every ball between the numbers. Well, watch Peyton Manning this week, 8 out of 10 of his balls are nowhere near the numbers.....ON PURPOSE!!!!!!!!

Ryfo18
10-13-2010, 09:39 AM
You never cease to amaze do ya? I have said Cassel needs to be better but Bowe was drafted in the FIRST ROUND remember? He was to be our GO TO guy. In his last 20 games he has had the 2nd most drops in the league. I don't even give a rats a$$ about the suspension or his craving to be a DIVA receiver. All I want him to do is CATCH THE DAMN BALL! We are playing the worst pass defense in the league this week. If he drops passes this week that are within 5 feet of him, I would cut his a$$ on the spot regardless of who we have to fill his position. We could insert a shmoe off the street to do what he has done this far so I'm certain we have a back up that can fill in. Tell me again why you have been so impressed by this guy? I know, it's all the QB's fault right? He hasn't put every ball between the numbers. Well, watch Peyton Manning this week, 8 out of 10 of his balls are nowhere near the numbers.....ON PURPOSE!!!!!!!!

This is so true. Average receivers in the NFL have to be able to adjust to where the ball is thrown and haul it in. This catch on Sunday reminded me so much of the one Bowe didn't make. This is textbook from Washington Redskin Anthony Armstrong (not a big name receiver mind you):

YouTube - Anthony Armstrong TD Catch 10/10/10

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Great catch! Look guys, as I have said I am thrilled that we have the record we do. It's been a while since we have been in this position but my worry is that if we don't get better, this will be very short lived. We had a PRIME OPPORTUNITY to be 4-1 and better position within the division. In my opinion, Dwayne Bowe is one of and the biggest reason we are not. If he catches that PERFECTLY THROWN BALL in the end zone for 6, that puts us up 13-9 and with the way our D was playing creates even more pressure on Manning to press. We obviously had his number or maybe he had an off game but none the less, we had him rattled.

In this league, with the offense we have at this point you can not afford to piss away games like this. Dwayne Bowe pissed this game away. He has been one of if not the most inconsistant receiver in the league for a year and a half. All this talk about his change in attitude and his offseason workouts have not seemed to have transformed his on field performance because he continues to drop balls. When I watch other receivers, some seem to just give 110%, go all out for every ball whether the throw is perfect or not. When I watch Bowe it seems like he is giving about 75%. Just kinda goes after it slow, looking to run before he actually catches it, looking for the hit before he actually catches it etc.. Whatever the case may be, in my opinion this guy has been given ample opportunity to prove himsels as a number one pick and has failed miserably. I think the coaches have lost confidence in him, I think his QB has lost confidence in him and if this continues, the entire team is going to lose confidence in him and it will become a bigger issue than it is now off the filed because guys will start to say something to him and he will get bent. To me, this week he has a one game tryout to prove his worth. If he does well, he has another one game tryout. After what he has delivered in the last 20 games, he has to go out and prove to his teammates and coaches as well as the fans that he is worth his paycheck. If he doesn't they should cut him and give some of his money to someone who will atleast give 100%.

Hayvern
10-13-2010, 04:13 PM
This is so true. Average receivers in the NFL have to be able to adjust to where the ball is thrown and haul it in. This catch on Sunday reminded me so much of the one Bowe didn't make. This is textbook from Washington Redskin Anthony Armstrong (not a big name receiver mind you):

YouTube - Anthony Armstrong TD Catch 10/10/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e28DIcG3uxI)

Watch this for comparison.

NFL Videos: GameDay: Chiefs vs. Colts highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b3bbfa/GameDay-Chiefs-vs-Colts-highlights)

Ryfo18
10-13-2010, 04:35 PM

NFL Videos: GameDay: Chiefs vs. Colts highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b3bbfa/GameDay-Chiefs-vs-Colts-highlights)

Those catches (or lack of) are so remarkably similar.

OPLookn
10-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Can I already start the campaign for drafting one AJ Green? The dude is just phenominal! I think so many of the balls caught by him are out of place or he has to adjust to them. Great hands! Not to mention this last Saturday he caught a ball and went down HARD and he still held on to the ball. If we could get him I'd be doing cart wheels til opening day...might be a bit dizzy but I'll just claim I've been drinking with Canada. ;)

matthewschiefs
10-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Can I already start the campaign for drafting one AJ Green? The dude is just phenominal! I think so many of the balls caught by him are out of place or he has to adjust to them. Great hands! Not to mention this last Saturday he caught a ball and went down HARD and he still held on to the ball. If we could get him I'd be doing cart wheels til opening day...might be a bit dizzy but I'll just claim I've been drinking with Canada. ;)

I would not mind us getting him. I don't think we will be picking low enough to get him but if he's there when it comes our turn to draft I would not be upset at all if his name was on the draft card.

brdempsey69
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM

If A.J. Green is there when it comes the Chiefs turn to pick in the 2011 draft -- I agree that they should take him.

fairladyZ
10-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I want either one of these guys!! I've watched them both play the last 3 years and they are both sure handed machines!

YouTube - TITUS YOUNG 2010

YouTube - Boise State Broncos 2009 - #2 Austin Pettis

I would go ape **** if we got either one cause i know there will be no drops! and titus is FAST.. Austin is deceiving quick

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
how do you embed youtube on this site

fairladyZ
10-13-2010, 07:21 PM
just copy the link at the top of your browser from youtube and paste it in here

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 07:33 PM
just copy the link at the top of your browser from youtube and paste it in here

Thanks

***Video deleted by Chiefster***

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I guess the "Lowlight" reel would be about an hour and a half long........

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I could find a highlight reel for ryan leaf too....

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I guess the "Lowlight" reel would be about an hour and a half long........

Some of your highlights

YouTube - Drunk Hillbilly with Air Guitar

:lol::lol::lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Im awesome eh

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Im awesome eh

Awesome beard for sure

tornadospotter
10-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Some of your highlights

YouTube - Drunk Hillbilly with Air Guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFGcVWeFG8U)

:lol::lol::lol:
Looking good there DH! I need to come visit.

tornadospotter
10-13-2010, 10:49 PM

Maybe the problem is the gloves, he is depending on his gloves to help him catch the ball, so he is shifting his attention to soon away from the ball. Take the gloves away. Bring focus back to watching the ball into the hands.:11:

chief31
10-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Problem is that it is impossible to prove that from the bench.

I certainly can not defend Bowe right now. He is worse about dropping the ball than before, when he was supposed to improve.

But I certainly wouldn't bench him right now.

I'd just keep throwing it to him until he remembers how to catch.

CapitalT
10-14-2010, 07:45 AM

I certainly can not defend Bowe right now. He is worse about dropping the ball than before, when he was supposed to improve.

I see what you're saying. You're not ready to give up on Bowe just yet.

In my unlikely, but hoped for, scenario Bowe would get playing time like any other backup. Over the course of a few games, if he starts making every catch he should make, he gets more playing time.

I'm not worried that he may not get a fair chance. In my opinion, he's been hurting the team for a long time. He has already had plenty of opportunity to correct this problem.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Look up the definition of the word Insanity.

Seek
10-14-2010, 09:29 AM
A. We are not getting rid of Bowe. He is still a good receiver who needs to stop dropping damn balls.
B. Bowe dropped that pass, and this discussion was to vent on Bowe. It was not Cassels fault for him dropping the ball. The hatred towards Cassel does not belong in this thread as he did nothing to cause that dropped pass. Any argument otherwise is just Silly BS and embarassing for the person arguing it.
C. There is no other option other than Cassel right now. I don't care what you say. Croyle aint it, and there is no one avaiable in FA that would upgrade the Qb position. The closest is Dante Culpepper.

Something has changed recently and it pissing me off. Chiefs fans have become a bunch of whinny blaming fans. The media is constantly trying to stir up stories and asking questions and then immediately blasting the answer as a lie.

Fact of the matter, this is the team we have. They are exceeding most of our expectations, yet people are still negative and looking to so bitter.

Yes, I was upset at Bowe. I am over it. I don't want him cut, I want him to work on the fundamentals. He needs to work harder, because this team needs him.

okikcfan
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Nothing will change, Bowe will still be there, they need to slip Horn in there somewhere and give him a shot But Bowe will still be there #1 WR. Not sayin that wont change after the Texas game.

figcrostic
10-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result. That's why after this year we need to trade or cut Cassel/Bowe if they aren't getting it done.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result. That's why after this year we need to trade or cut Cassel/Bowe if they aren't getting it done.
You are correct. It is insane to continue to throw the ball to a guy that simply will not catch it. It's like 31 said, if Bowe catches the ball not only does it make Cassel look good but it makes Bowe look good. Looking at it your way, Bowe is making Cassel look worse by not catching balls thrown to him. If he catches the ball it makes them BOTH better which makes our team better.

Seek
10-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Here is something you will need to come to reality on. Doing what you suggested, buy cutting Bowe or Cassel if they don't turn it around, is basically taking a step back next year to reload again. Just cutting a guy with no viable back up plan won't happen. If you can tell me who out there on the trading block or as a FA is worth dumping Cassel for, lets hear it. I don't see that person there. The best available would most likely be competition for Cassel next year and not worth completely losing Cassel over.

So, unless we draft a QB which we hope becomes the QB of the future. You will most likely see Cassel again next year unless the rookie is hands over a better QB and earns the starting job, in which Cassel becomes plan B.

Bowe is still a good WR. He just needs to catch the DANG ball when it is thrown to him. I can understand dropping a pass that a defender gets his hands in there, but he has to catch the ones uncontested.

Bowe is an excellent blocker and is a very good #2 receiver. He just needs a better receiver next to him. I have been very disappointed in Chambers performance so far this year. It almost looks like he dosent care. (I was also a person saying that his signing in the off season was huge).

Connie Jo
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Here is something you will need to come to reality on. Doing what you suggested, buy cutting Bowe or Cassel if they don't turn it around, is basically taking a step back next year to reload again. Just cutting a guy with no viable back up plan won't happen. If you can tell me who out there on the trading block or as a FA is worth dumping Cassel for, lets hear it. I don't see that person there. The best available would most likely be competition for Cassel next year and not worth completely losing Cassel over.

So, unless we draft a QB which we hope becomes the QB of the future. You will most likely see Cassel again next year unless the rookie is hands over a better QB and earns the starting job, in which Cassel becomes plan B.

Bowe is still a good WR. He just needs to catch the DANG ball when it is thrown to him. I can understand dropping a pass that a defender gets his hands in there, but he has to catch the ones uncontested.

Bowe is an excellent blocker and is a very good #2 receiver. He just needs a better receiver next to him. I have been very disappointed in Chambers performance so far this year. It almost looks like he dosent care. (I was also a person saying that his signing in the off season was huge).

Agree totally!!

:chiefs:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM

The only thing I can say to this is that at some point if a guy is not producing, he has to go. Obviously you should try to get something for that player. At this point, I am not so certain that they may start considering this option for Bowe unless a dramatic turn of events occurs.

figcrostic
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
The only thing I can say to this is that at some point if a guy is not producing, he has to go. Obviously you should try to get something for that player. At this point, I am not so certain that they may start considering this option for Bowe unless a dramatic turn of events occurs.

Exactly if a player is not producing then we need to get rid of them. Since we got Pioli people always talk about the ideology of the Patriots one thing I like about them is no matter who the player is if they aren't working they will get rid of your *** examples: Merriman, Moss, etc.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Merriman has never played for the Patriots.

Connie Jo
10-14-2010, 10:31 PM
With exception of last week it appeared to me that Bowe has been producing this season. I've not looked at his overall stats, basing that opinion from memory of being at games, witnessing his play on the field.

Bowe retains the stigma he acquired last season among fans from missing too many catches, etc.. Not related to football, but in theory it's similar to what Rosa Parks said many years ago, "Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again."

Well, that is what I see happening with fans reaction to Bowe after last week...he had shown improvement over last season, wounds were healing from 2009...but last week he missed critical catches, & it reopened wounds of fans acquired in 2009. Hopefully he won't continue to miss catches, just had a bad week.

figcrostic
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Merriman has never played for the Patriots.

LOL I meant Seymour

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2010, 10:59 PM
The fine line between progression and regression is consistency, to which Bowe is anything but. Nine catches on the year with 2 or 3 drops is simply unimpressive. From what I have seen with my eyes is that Bowe is about as far from clutch as there is. This stigma you speak of is not a stigma in my opinion but a fact of the matter. He is not catching the ball as much as this team had anticipated he would when they drafted him.

chief31
10-15-2010, 03:38 AM

:lol: Good point.

However, Bowe has caught the ball 212 times in his NFL career, with varying degrees of drop rate. (poorer of late.)

This means that the result is not always the same.

Bowe does have the highest "ceiling" of any WR on this team. So, with undesriable options, I would continue to see if we can get him back on track.

Exactly if a player is not producing then we need to get rid of them. Since we got Pioli people always talk about the ideology of the Patriots one thing I like about them is no matter who the player is if they aren't working they will get rid of your *** examples: Merriman, Moss, etc.

I agree that a willingness to cut a "name" who is not fitting right is a good thing.

I just prefer a bit more patience than what you offer Matt Cassel and DH ghas for Bowe.

(Though wearing quite thin with Bowe.)

Seek
10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I agree cutting a person who does not fit, is necessary, but cutting a guy who kind of fits when there is absolutely not plan B, is a problem.

All I am saying is that if they don't pan out this year, draft or sign their eventual replacement next year. Make the compete for their position, and if they fail, send em packing and there will be no lose in production.

At this point, sending either Bowe or Cassel packing will hurt the team even next year.