PDA

View Full Version : It's time we move on from Cassell

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Croyle isnt the guy either, but he gives us a better chance than Cassell.

Croyle just cant stay healthy.

But Cassell has no pocket presence and cant throw a pass.

I dont want to admit it but we all need to so we can move on. I dont want it to be the situation where we realize this after this D is gone and its too late.

I finally came this conclusion after Cassell simply fumbled the ball. He didnt get it knocked out or anything. Just slipped out of his hands. and then he recovered it. only to slipped out of his person again. I know many of you saw what i saw and came to that conclusion on that play too.

brdempsey69
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know. Maybe they draft a QB next spring.

kcchiefs28
10-10-2010, 04:24 PM
We should draft Mallett from Arkansas. He seems to be a good QB and would be better then cassel.

but croyle is even worse then casual and we better not start him.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Cassell is our QOF!! lay off him.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I think its more time we get a number 1 reciver. Then see what we have with Cassel

Sn@keIze
10-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Cassell is our QOF!! lay off him.
Then we have no future. Stop being in denial.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM

dud ego back to what ever rock you crawled out from! you have been MIA since weve been winning and now you show up running your mouth?? poser banwaganer fans irritate me.

xtremeNFLfan
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Angler, you are just mad at the world....take a xanax

Pro_Angler
10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
no just posers. either be positive or drop it! 6 posts, hmmmm funny isnt it...

Fastphilly
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I think its more time we get a number 1 reciver. Then see what we have with Cassel

Exactly...Cassell did have some poor throws under pressure (manning did too). The receivers today are more responsible this week for the screwups.

stricken721
10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
We should draft Mallett from Arkansas. He seems to be a good QB and would be better then cassel.

but croyle is even worse then casual and we better not start him.

Agreed. :bananen_smilies046:
I like the idea of having Mallett here. At this moment in time he's the best SEC quarterback out there, and maybe the best in the NCAA.

okikcfan
10-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Well thats a ways off, we need to deal with what we have right now.

bigpoppachief
10-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah I personally like Mallet as well but as Oki says that is way off and we still have a season we can do well this year, It's one game to a team that was in the superbowl last year and everyone is panicing. We will go at a MINIMUM 8-8 this year but I honestly think we have a shot at 10-6 even 11-5 We play some not so stellar teams at home then have a real shot against the teams we will play on the road. Look at the remaining schedule and the only game that would maybe be considered unwinnable to the standards is San Diego at home other than that we have a real chance to beat any of the teams left GO CHIEFS !

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM

Cassel gets that touchdown and we are 4-0 and that's a fact, peyton was pissed we had him confused all day his interception leading to a touchdown would have really put a nail in that coffin that entire offensive unit was just frustrated all day long.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM

I dont want to admit it but we all need to so we can move on. I dont want it to be the situation where we realize this after this D is gone and its too late.

I finally came this conclusion after Cassell simply fumbled the ball. He didnt get it knocked out or anything. Just slipped out of his hands. and then he recovered it. only to slipped out of his person again. I know many of you saw what i saw and came to that conclusion on that play too.

Hopefully if he continues to play like that we trade him or let him go until then he hasn't changed in my eyes.

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 06:48 PM
You might as well get used to cassel as the qb for at least the next 2 years.

Eydugstr
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Exactly...Cassell did have some poor throws under pressure (manning did too). The receivers today are more responsible this week for the screwups.

+1.

Whining about Cassel really won't get anywhere. Because of the money invested in him, really can't see KC letting him go without him given every opportunity to prove otherwise.

Bowe, on the other hand...After all the dropped balls, the crud last year with the diet pills, suspension, etc, etc...Probably a very quiet plane ride home for him.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
+1.

Whining about Cassel really won't get anywhere. Because of the money invested in him, really can't see KC letting him go without him given every opportunity to prove otherwise.

Bowe, on the other hand...After all the dropped balls, the crud last year with the diet pills, suspension, etc, etc...Probably a very quiet plane ride home for him.

I think two years is plenty to evaluate a qb if he isn't getting much better by the end of the season he should be kicked off the team.

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Keep dreaming frignostic not gonna happen bro

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Keep dreaming frignostic not gonna happen bro

Why do you single me out. I am at least willing to give him a chance everyone else is calling for his head.

Hayvern
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I think two years is plenty to evaluate a qb if he isn't getting much better by the end of the season he should be kicked off the team.

I tend to give guys three years, but this is Cassel's third year, I count the last year in New England. This is his make or break year and so far it is more break than make.

He has to step up his level of play, however, when he does make plays, he has to have people actually help him too. This game was not completely on Cassel, while he did not have a great game, we would not be saying nearly as much about it had Bowe caught that key pass.

rodu
10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I think we need to upgrade both QB and the starting WR positions, but that's not until next year

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 09:10 PM
I tend to give guys three years, but this is Cassel's third year, I count the last year in New England. This is his make or break year and so far it is more break than make.

He has to step up his level of play, however, when he does make plays, he has to have people actually help him too. This game was not completely on Cassel, while he did not have a great game, we would not be saying nearly as much about it had Bowe caught that key pass.

I think by the end of the year we will find out how good or bad he is.

leonleon
10-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Well, it's impossible to just "move on" from Cassel. He was already guaranteed with $28M in the 6-year contract, and the team pretty much have to stick with him for at least 3 to 4 years at least. Comparing Cassel's contract with Jamarcus Russel's contract( $31.5M guaranteed in 6 years), you see even the Raiders have to stick with the inept Russel for at least 3 years. It is really a business decision.

okikcfan
10-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Cassel has quiet a bank roll on his contract. We have to give him until the end of the season, I mean really, what else can we do. It's make it or break it. It's all up to him just as it is with Bowe. As long as they are Chiefs I support them.Pioli and Haley had a good offseason and they will do so again next year. We are pretty much stuck with what we have.

hometeam
10-11-2010, 12:47 AM
He will be one o the highest payed players in the NFL next year.

Bookmark this thread, when he gets cut for salary cap next year (or renogotiates) I want to come back and say that I said so~

He hasnt played well. Yes Bowe dropped a pass but Cassell is in the bottom third of starting QB's in the league, we wont pay him as a top tier guy, like his contract demands.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 12:57 AM

I agree.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 02:22 AM
He will be one o the highest payed players in the NFL next year.

Bookmark this thread, when he gets cut for salary cap next year (or renogotiates) I want to come back and say that I said so~

He hasnt played well. Yes Bowe dropped a pass but Cassell is in the bottom third of starting QB's in the league, we wont pay him as a top tier guy, like his contract demands.

That's not true. Cassel's contract was structured with lots of up front money. Brilliant by Pioli if you ask me to get all of the guaranteed money out of the way. That in my opinion says that Pioli did that knowing that if Cassel didn't pan out, he's not on the hook to owe him much after 2010. Cassel is owed less than $5Mil next year.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 02:38 AM
That's not true. Cassel's contract was structured with lots of up front money. Brilliant by Pioli if you ask me to get all of the guaranteed money out of the way. That in my opinion says that Pioli did that knowing that if Cassel didn't pan out, he's not on the hook to owe him much after 2010. Cassel is owed less than $5Mil next year.

I should clarify, less than $5Mil of what he is owed will count against the cap. I could see him getting cut though to avoid the $8M roster bonus.

Seek
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM

:beat_DeadHorse: :beat_DeadHorse: :beat_DeadHorse:

yes, lets start our backup, get him hurt as we all know he will and then go back to Cassel next week and no longer have a back up so if by a chance Cassel gets hurt we got to???????

Croyle's playing time should be limited to a minimum number of games, only as a replacement for Cassel until het gets heathly.

Besdes, Croyle has never won a NFL game and it won't make a difference if the receivers drop the ball anyway.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Bottom line is that regardless of how Cassell has played in any of the games this year, if Bowe catches that TD pass in my opinion we win the game and this thread does not exist!! Is he struggling, YES but one thing is for sure, when WR's drop TD passes in the end zone it certainly does not help a QB's confidence. I'm laying this game directly on the head of the most inconsistant WR in the league.

Chief4Ever&Ever
10-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I agree, we really need a no. 1 rec. Bowe has had chance after chance after chance, and plays the same. Drops in the EndZone are inexcusable, this is not the first, or second, or third time. It keeps happening, trade for a real WR! There are lost of guys out there, we just gotta pull the trigger! Give Cassell someone he can rely on time after time and I bet he turns out to be the QB we all hope he is!

wildcat
10-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Cassel may not have played a perfect game, but he did enough to give us a chance. I really do not think that this one is on him, and I have been one of his bigger critics.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree, we really need a no. 1 rec. Bowe has had chance after chance after chance, and plays the same. Drops in the EndZone are inexcusable, this is not the first, or second, or third time. It keeps happening, trade for a real WR! There are lost of guys out there, we just gotta pull the trigger! Give Cassell someone he can rely on time after time and I bet he turns out to be the QB we all hope he is!

Much like last year if you give Cassle the drops his numbers don't look nearly as bad and he would have thrown a TD pass. We need someone that can hold on to the ball before we talk about how bad Cassle is. It's not the QBs fault when he throws the ball right were it needs to be and the WR drops the football. I would love to see Cassle get a TRUE number 1 WR then I think we can make a judgement on him.

marloweopatchiefs
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
If croyle gave us a better shot at winning he wouldn't be 0-11 as a starter.

Canada
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
If croyle gave us a better shot at winning he wouldn't be 0-11 as a starter.

In all fairness, Cassel probably would have been 0-11 on the teams Brodie started on.

chiefnut
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
look croyle is not the answer, we need to look to the future and draft/sign a QB. for now we are much improved, just be thankful for that and hope we plan for the future

marloweopatchiefs
10-11-2010, 02:25 PM
In all fairness, Cassel probably would have been 0-11 on the teams Brodie started on.

Canada i beg to differ. Damon huard did win games for kc while croyle was on the team. i remember croyle losing the starting job to huard as a result of this.

marloweopatchiefs
10-11-2010, 02:26 PM
look croyle is not the answer, we need to look to the future and draft/sign a QB. for now we are much improved, just be thankful for that and hope we plan for the future

Well you may be right.. but i don't see that happening any time soon considering the 4 years cassel has left on that big 60 million dollar contract

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Well you may be right.. but i don't see that happening any time soon considering the 4 years cassel has left on that big 60 million dollar contract

Most of the guaranteed money will have been paid after this year. If we do keep Cassel next year, he is owed a $7M player option. That's why it's not a sure thing that he will be back.

Seek
10-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Canada i beg to differ. Damon huard did win games for kc while croyle was on the team. i remember croyle losing the starting job to huard as a result of this.

Croyle lost the starting job because he got hurt. Huard then got hurt and Thigpen came in and did win a game.

Canada
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Cassel is not Huard

GlennBree
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Angler, you are just mad at the world....take a xanax

Xanax? Did I hear....:lol:

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Cassel is not Huard

That's for damn sure Huard was a pretty decent qb and a winner.

chiefnut
10-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Huard was a decent backup QB, that's all, and he served us well in that capacity but when we handed him the starting job he was not the answer.

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Cassel was a decent backup QB, that's all, and he served us poorly in that capacity but we handed him the starting job, he was not the answer.

Fixed it for you

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Fixed it for you

Is your name Brodie Croyle?

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Is your name Brodie Croyle?

I'm pretty sure Brodie isn't a fan of Huard after all he beat him out of a gig for awhile. That said, Cassel will be our QB til the end of the season barring injury. Hopefully he does a lot better then he has if not, I hope we can get a trade for him.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM

This completely eliminates any credibility you have as a thinker.

chief31
10-16-2010, 02:20 AM
This completely eliminates any credibility you have as a thinker.

That did it?

You must be one of the lucky ones, not to have seen most of his posts.

He was eliminated a long time ago. :lol:

Chiefster
10-16-2010, 02:28 AM
I've been married for more then 27 years; I stopped being a thinker about 27 years ago. :lol:

chief31
10-16-2010, 02:37 AM
I've been married for more then 27 years; I stopped being a thinker about 27 years ago. :lol:

We know.

Well, maybe not about the 27 years. But at least as long as this site has been up and running. :lol:

Chiefster
10-16-2010, 07:12 AM
We know.

Well, maybe not about the 27 years. But at least as long as this site has been up and running. :lol:

:lol:

Coach
10-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Well thats a ways off, we need to deal with what we have right now.Exactly.

Exactly.

I agree, we really need a no. 1 rec. Bowe has had chance after chance after chance, and plays the same. Drops in the EndZone are inexcusable, this is not the first, or second, or third time. It keeps happening, trade for a real WR! There are lost of guys out there, we just gotta pull the trigger! Give Cassell someone he can rely on time after time and I bet he turns out to be the QB we all hope he is!if we need to move on from anyone, it is bowe. He is capable of making great plays due to his athleticism but he just doesn't have good hands. Kind of important for a wr.

Sn@keIze
10-16-2010, 07:13 PM
if we need to move on from anyone, it is bowe. He is capable of making great plays due to his athleticism but he just doesn't have good hands. Kind of important for a wr.
Bowe can only screw up when the ball is thrown to him.

However as QB Cassel has to handle the ball every snap. And he isnt cutting it.

AussieChiefsFan
10-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Think about it;

It Bowe had caught those TD passes, Cassel would have had a better pass rating and would have a possible two Touchdowns! And we'd be saying very different things about him after this game.

Hayvern
10-17-2010, 04:47 AM

I have been married for 23 years tomorrow. I used to have a backbone, but I have not seen it for a long long time.

I used to have an opinion that I carried around all the time with me, but now I have to ask for it, and I only get to use it once in a while.

I love my wife though and these are the prices that we pay for finding a soulmate that you can spend your life with.

Chiefster
10-17-2010, 06:54 AM
I have been married for 23 years tomorrow. I used to have a backbone, but I have not seen it for a long long time.

I used to have an opinion that I carried around all the time with me, but now I have to ask for it, and I only get to use it once in a while.

I love my wife though and these are the prices that we pay for finding a soulmate that you can spend your life with.

Very true. I learned a long time ago that, in marriage, I can be one of two things: I can be right or I can be happy; not both. :D

Hayvern
10-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Very true. I learned a long time ago that, in marriage, I can be one of two things: I can be right or I can be happy; not both. :D

Quoted for truth!

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
final play of the game just sling the fin ball!!!!! thats all you have to do!!! but no you play chicken with a LB??

iratefan
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
By biggest complaint with Cassel is that he just doesnt have that extra x-factor that will EVER make him a great, or even a GOOD quarterback. Hes got a great arm, and he can fire some real lasers. sometimes too hard, when its not necessary. Hes not the most accurate qb and his down-the-field performance from what ive observed is pretty poor. But what he seems to be really terrible in handling is PRESSURE. He cant get himself out of a jam, and he has zero confidence in breaking the pocket and having that athleticism to make big runs on open terrain. If he feels pressure, he clams up and gets rid of it, usually with the intention of having the ball uncatchable. When he gets in a rut, he has no ability to confidently overcome negative momentum to make a majority of the big plays he needs to make. Looking around the league, all of the 'great' teams playing have great QB leadership that can work the ball and handle the pressure. Matt Cassel cant cut it like the big boys can.

DieHardFan
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Cassel looked OK today. Against a mediocre defense. I really want to see it next week. I doubt he puts up the numbers against a decent secondary.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I will give a nod to Cassel today. He was part of the reason that we had the lead for so long and I don't think he did to much to hurt the team today. If he plays like he did today every week then I would not mind him being the QB at all.

Next week will be a better D But this week i tip my cap and say good game #7 keep it up.

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I will give a nod to Cassel today. He was part of the reason that we had the lead for so long and I don't think he did to much to hurt the team today. If he plays like he did today every week then I would not mind him being the QB at all.

Next week will be a better D But this week i tip my cap and say good game #7 keep it up.

Jacksonville's pass D is about worse than the Texans...They've given up the most pass TDs in the league.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM

I tell you one play that pissed me off was the 3rd and 2 on our second to last position. The throw back across the field on his back foot. RUN THE BALL!!!!!

Connie Jo
10-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I tell you one play that pissed me off was the 3rd and 2 on our second to last position. The throw back across the field on his back foot. RUN THE BALL!!!!!

I am soooooo with you on this!! I looked at my son and said WTFrick did they do that for? That 3rd and 2 was a HUGE down for us that could've realistically made the difference between winning & losing the game! We have two powerful offensive weapons rushing the ball with Charles & Jones. We'll never know now, but I speculate either Charles or Jones could've easily acquired those 2 yds converting to a 1st & 10! IMO...this was the biggest mistake the Chiefs made today...regardless of defense failing. The biggest mistake on the NFL's part...bad officiating! UGH!

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Cassel and Bowe are still the same guys they were last week. Cassel is not the guy that you can expect to win the game for you. He is not yet that guy, maybe he will be, but today once again showed that he has problems when the game is directly on his shoulders.

Bowe is still the guy that will drop a pass for you. Today he really showed up and played well, but he is still the same guy, you just don't correct two years of issues in one week.

SIC J
10-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Cassel and Bowe are still the same guys they were last week. Cassel is not the guy that you can expect to win the game for you. He is not yet that guy, maybe he will be, but today once again showed that he has problems when the game is directly on his shoulders.

Bowe is still the guy that will drop a pass for you. Today he really showed up and played well, but he is still the same guy, you just don't correct two years of issues in one week.

Can you please elaborate what you mean by Cassel showing problems with this game today? I didn't get to watch the game and only saw highlights.

So if you're referring to the last play of the game, I blame the 5 offensive linemen who had a job of only blocking 3 rushers and couldn't even do that to give Cassel more than 2 seconds to set up the hail mary. Which in turn is not enough time for the WR's to run 38 yards into the endzone anyways.

SIC J
10-18-2010, 01:45 AM

That was what play was called and designed to do. If he would've tried to run, he would've gotten sacked for a loss. Texans were not fooled by the play action at all. I think they should've just tried to run the ball.

fairladyZ
10-18-2010, 02:12 AM
The play was setup to go right for moeaki, his job was to pretend to block for the fake pitch and sneak out. Just so happens a texan sniffed it out. Cassels pass was actually on the money if moeaki would not have turned around and tried to back pedal to it. If moeaki stayed right and kept going up field and got position on the defender it would have been a perfect pass.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 03:11 AM
Can you please elaborate what you mean by Cassel showing problems with this game today? I didn't get to watch the game and only saw highlights.

So if you're referring to the last play of the game, I blame the 5 offensive linemen who had a job of only blocking 3 rushers and couldn't even do that to give Cassel more than 2 seconds to set up the hail mary. Which in turn is not enough time for the WR's to run 38 yards into the endzone anyways.

Overall Cassel had a good game, there is no denying that, but when the game was on the line and we really needed a play we had two back to back plays that were directly in his hands.

1. A throw to Bowe over the middle, Bowe was open and Cassel through the ball behind him, had he made a better throw and had Bowe actually caught it, then that was a first down and the drive is still alive.

2. The immediate play after that, Horne was open over the left side of the field and Cassel not only failed to throw it to him when he was open the most, but he also over threw the ball.

Either of these plays extends that drive and keeps the ball away from the Texans and their last drive. That is the time when we HAD to have a play and the play was not there to be had.

That is what I meant, he is still not the guy that we can rely on to win the game for us when it is needed.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Overall Cassel had a good game, there is no denying that, but when the game was on the line and we really needed a play we had two back to back plays that were directly in his hands.

1. A throw to Bowe over the middle, Bowe was open and Cassel through the ball behind him, had he made a better throw and had Bowe actually caught it, then that was a first down and the drive is still alive.

2. The immediate play after that, Horne was open over the left side of the field and Cassel not only failed to throw it to him when he was open the most, but he also over threw the ball.

Either of these plays extends that drive and keeps the ball away from the Texans and their last drive. That is the time when we HAD to have a play and the play was not there to be had.

That is what I meant, he is still not the guy that we can rely on to win the game for us when it is needed.
Ya your right, the 3 TD passes, the 20-29 and the 122 rating didn't help us do anything to win! This is ridiculous! The loss is on the D plain and simple. Bowe and Cassel which we have all been killing played their a$$es off today. He did PLENTY to win this game today and if he played like this every game there's no way in hell you could say he doesn't do enough to win these games.

nigeriannightmare
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
That was what play was called and designed to do. If he would've tried to run, he would've gotten sacked for a loss. Texans were not fooled by the play action at all. I think they should've just tried to run the ball.

Thats' what im saying. the execution was poor back foot across field is a tough pass to complete, just don't get why charles or jones didn't get it but whatever there were lots of things that cost us the game but that play made me throw things.

Seek
10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Until someone runs a kick on us, I feel our special teams have been good enough to stop doing the stupid pooch kick thing. That gave the Texans excellent field position, and a boost to their momentum. When they were down.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Ya your right, the 3 TD passes, the 20-29 and the 122 rating didn't help us do anything to win! This is ridiculous! The loss is on the D plain and simple. Bowe and Cassel which we have all been killing played their a$ off today. He did PLENTY to win this game today and if he played like this every game there's no way in hell you could say he doesn't do enough to win these games.

Dude, you need to sober up and start reading. Cool your jets man, and read. Quoting stats about the game means nothing. He could have had 400 yards passing, but when the game was on the line, when it was clutch time, Cassel crumbled. That was my point. I am not down on Cassel, I was making an observation.

And since this thread is about Cassel and not the defense, then this is where observations about Cassel should go.

Step away from the keyboard and cool your jets, we all know your mad, but taking it out on other people is not going to endear your position.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Dude, you need to sober up and start reading. Cool your jets man, and read. Quoting stats about the game means nothing. He could have had 400 yards passing, but when the game was on the line, when it was clutch time, Cassel crumbled. That was my point. I am not down on Cassel, I was making an observation.

And since this thread is about Cassel and not the defense, then this is where observations about Cassel should go.

Step away from the keyboard and cool your jets, we all know your mad, but taking it out on other people is not going to endear your position.
I'm not mad at all so once again your assumptions are incorrect. I believe I mentioned Cassel in a Cassel thread so, ahh I don't need to point out your being wrong again. All your saying is woulda, coulda, shoulda when saying he could have thrown for 400 yds. Ya, your right but we coulda won if the D woulda stopped them in the 4th qtr. We pissed away a 10 point lead in the 4th and Cassel had nothing to do with that. Cassel has been destroyed on this site and as much as he may have deserved it in the first few weeks, he simply does not deserve it this week! In my opinion he played his best game of the year so to have you say "he could have thrown for 400 yds" is just crazy. I guess he could have thrown for 1000 if they would have just let us......

OPLookn
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Cassel played a GREAT game up until his last few throws. That throw to Moeaki was off his back foot, fading away and you can't blame Moeaki...PERIOD. If he continues running his pattern? If Moeaki does that the ball is thrown 5 yards behind him. Cassel just had a bad throw and Moeaki didn't have the time to adjust, plain and simple.

The last drive was what really set me off. Two piss poor throws that weren't anywhere near the receiver and then getting sacked instead of heaving it down the field. Heck, run with the ball. He didn't even make an attempt to get rid of it, he just said ok, I'll take the sack...oh wait it's the last play...shoot, my bad. I don't care if it's a one person rush Cassel has to have game awareness and he flat out didn't show it on the last drive.

With that said overall he had one HECK of a game!

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Cassel played a GREAT game up until his last few throws. That throw to Moeaki was off his back foot, fading away and you can't blame Moeaki...PERIOD. If he continues running his pattern? If Moeaki does that the ball is thrown 5 yards behind him. Cassel just had a bad throw and Moeaki didn't have the time to adjust, plain and simple.

The last drive was what really set me off. Two piss poor throws that weren't anywhere near the receiver and then getting sacked instead of heaving it down the field. Heck, run with the ball. He didn't even make an attempt to get rid of it, he just said ok, I'll take the sack...oh wait it's the last play...shoot, my bad. I don't care if it's a one person rush Cassel has to have game awareness and he flat out didn't show it on the last drive.

With that said overall he had one HECK of a game!

Thanks for reiterating my points again. Yeah, the defense could have done their part as well, but you hit on the very reason why this is a team sport.

SIC J
10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm not mad at all so once again your assumptions are incorrect. I believe I mentioned Cassel in a Cassel thread so, ahh I don't need to point out your being wrong again. All your saying is woulda, coulda, shoulda when saying he could have thrown for 400 yds. Ya, your right but we coulda won if the D woulda stopped them in the 4th qtr. We pissed away a 10 point lead in the 4th and Cassel had nothing to do with that. Cassel has been destroyed on this site and as much as he may have deserved it in the first few weeks, he simply does not deserve it this week! In my opinion he played his best game of the year so to have you say "he could have thrown for 400 yds" is just crazy. I guess he could have thrown for 1000 if they would have just let us......

Its also hard for ANY QB to throw for big numbers when they're on a RUNNING team!!!!

bwilliams
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Cassel did good this game, but he's probably never going to be a top-15 QB. We probably don't dump him in 2011 )no good FAs, and draft class is weak), but 2012 is a strong possibility.

Chiefster
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Cassel and the offense scored enough points to win; anytime you place 31 points on the board you're supposed to win. Cassel and offense, like the defense, folded when it mattered most.

It is a team sport, you win as a team and you lose as a team. The Texans defense was almost as pathetic as ours, but it is no less a win for them as it is for the Texans offense.

figcrostic
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Cassel and the offense scored enough points to win; anytime you place 31 points on the board you're supposed to win. Cassel and offense, like the defense, folded when it mattered most.

It is a team sport, you win as a team and you lose as a team. The Texans defense was almost as pathetic as ours, but it is no less a win for them as it is for the Texans offense.

We absolutely blew it in the fourth quarter 21 points in one quarter is ridiculous!!

Coach
10-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Thats' what im saying. the execution was poor back foot across field is a tough pass to complete, just don't get why charles or jones didn't get it but whatever there were lots of things that cost us the game but that play made me throw things.

Couldn't agree more. A first down conversion here and the Texans would have forced OT best case scenario.

Until someone runs a kick on us, I feel our special teams have been good enough to stop doing the stupid pooch kick thing. That gave the Texans excellent field position, and a boost to their momentum. When they were down.

Agreed.

Pro_Angler
10-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Ya your right, the 3 TD passes, the 20-29 and the 122 rating didn't help us do anything to win! This is ridiculous! The loss is on the D plain and simple. Bowe and Cassel which we have all been killing played their a$ off today. He did PLENTY to win this game today and if he played like this every game there's no way in hell you could say he doesn't do enough to win these games.

I totally agree, the loss is soley on the D. if you can put up over 30pts you should win, giving up 4 straight td possesions isnt acceptable.