PDA

View Full Version : To cassel haters this wasn't his fault

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Dwayne bowed dropped a sure td pass and they should have went for the fg at the beginning. Not to mention the conservative playcalling. Cassel was just caling the plays he was told to do. You cassel haters need to get a life.

You Dwayne Bowe haters need to get a life I can make the same argument that it was Cassel's fault. Maybe it's both of their faults ever think of that?

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Not a Dwayne Bowe hater just realistic. How was that cassel's fault? It was a perfect pass right into his chest. So no it was bowes' fault mostly for not catching that td. i think that would have been a nail in the coffin.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Not a Dwayne Bowe hater just realistic. How was that cassel's fault? It was a perfect pass right into his chest. So no it was bowes' fault mostly for not catching that td. i think that would have been a nail in the coffin.

BS Matt Cassel wasn't doing anything before that point or after he played bad it's not like he threw 25 passes to Bowe he threw to him like 4 time Bowe caught two of those could Bowe have done better of course but Matt horribly.

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Frignostic..yeah dude i really don't care what you say dude...bowe is horrible..regardless of what any rant you wanna talk about. He needs to go...cassel was fine.

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
ps that would have been the final nail..manning was all dazed and confused by are d

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Frignostic..yeah dude i really don't care what you say dude...bowe is horrible..regardless of what any rant you wanna talk about. He needs to go...cassel was fine.

You don't care what I say. So even when I use logic and common sense that's your rebuttal is.... you don't care? That's a stupid attitude to have. Dwaybe Bowe has conistently been one of the top 20 wr's in the league. What has Matt Cassel proven he can do well on one of the greatest offenses of all time that he was mentored to play under for 3 years? Dwayne Bowe had two great years where he caught balls from guys that should have been backups or 3rd stringers named Brodie,Huard,and Thigpen. The guy far from sucks and could be the number one guy on a lot of teams and the number two guy on about any team.

okikcfan
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Cassel did make some good throws, he also made some bad throws. Bowe had that one in his hands and lost it. Would we have won? We will never know. Could it have changed the game? Maybe, maybe not. It would have been a closer game for sure. Mistakes were made and thats a fact. But truth is, we played pretty against a top notch team lead by one of the very best QB's in the NFL right now. He was unable to throw for a touchdown in 4 quarters at home. That in it's self is a statement. Lessons will be learned, we will move on to the Texans and we will get better each and every week. If we had to lose a game I'm gald the first one was to the Colts tho it would have been oh so nice to have won. But 3-1 is really nothing to complain about. The Giants held the Texans to 24 rushing yards. M. Schaub had 0 TD's, 1 INT, 2 fumbles and I believe was sacked 3 times. So lets kick some Texas booty shall we! :beat_DeadHorse:

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Frognostic no i don't care what you say. We all know your a cassel hater. So i for one don't take you seriously or a true chiefs fan for that matter. just my opinion.

Hayvern
10-10-2010, 08:04 PM
You don't care what I say. So even when I use logic and common sense that's your rebuttal is.... you don't care? That's a stupid attitude to have. Dwaybe Bowe has conistently been one of the top 20 wr's in the league. What has Matt Cassel proven he can do well on one of the greatest offenses of all time that he was mentored to play under for 3 years? Dwayne Bowe had two great years where he caught balls from guys that should have been backups or 3rd stringers named Brodie,Huard,and Thigpen. The guy far from sucks and could be the number one guy on a lot of teams and the number two guy on about any team.

So you see, this is where you are wrong and where you show that you are really not paying attention to what is going on around you.

Bowe has a serious problem, he has had that problem for a long time. He wants to be a 'diva' receiver except he is not good enough for the diva part. He has let his mouth get him in trouble and he has used performance enhancing drugs in order to be better.

Unfortunately, none of these issues have addressed the most fundamental problem that Bowe has, and that is that he simply is a liability everytime a ball is thrown to him.

For the last two years, he has accumulated a 25% chance of dropping a pass. He makes some of the most incredible catches at times, and he drops the easiest and the routine catches. Those are the ones we need him to make.

Right now, Bowe is the greatest liability on offense that we have bar none.

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Frognostic no i don't care what you say. We all know your a cassel hater. So i for one don't take you seriously or a true chiefs fan for that matter. just my opinion.

So now your more of a fan than I am because you like Matt Cassel? Questioning how much of a fan, a stranger is very ignorant. I think Dwayne Bowe has a lot more of an upside then Matt Cassel, you think the opposite but that doesn't make either of us less of a fan.

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
No you just always complain and whine every week about cassell. It gets old dude..Most chiefs fans take a look at the record and the strides the team has made and are happy. You though on the other hand have something every week to complain about with cassel. Esp 2 weeks ago when cassel had his best game of the year. I'm done arguing with your about nothing...Redicilous..a true chiefs does not dog the qb every chance he gets.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Bottom line is that Cassell put the team in a position to score a TD that would have changed the game completely. Bowe dropped the TD pass. Bowe is simply not a threat because of his inconsistancy. I think they should trade him while someone thinks he still has value.

rodu
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Bottom line is that Cassell put the team in a position to score a TD that would have changed the game completely. Bowe dropped the TD pass. Bowe is simply not a threat because of his inconsistancy. I think they should trade him while someone thinks he still has value.

I thought McGraw put us in position for the TD

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Correct, but using logic and reasoning are frowned upon, on this site.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Cassel was part of the reason that we lost today. But IMO Bowe was a bigger reason that we lost. If he makes that td Catch that is a diffrent game. Bowe was a bigger let down today then Cassel.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Um yes it was he was 16-29 for 156 yards and total all 4 games he only has 650 yards so thats an average of 162.5 yards a game with 4tds and 3 picks so he sucks @$$

figcrostic
10-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Um yes it was he was 16-29 for 156 yards and total all 4 games he only has 650 yards so thats an average of 162.5 yards a game with 4tds and 3 picks so he sucks @$$
:lol:

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 11:20 PM

And what is your point? he doesn't have to throw for 200 yards a game when you have mcluster, jones, charles around you. We are 3-1....do you really think we would be 3-1 with the only other qb on are roster who is 0-11 as a starter.i know frognostic is a big croyle fan

marloweopatchiefs
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM

What logic did you have. Sure Mcgraw got the pick. But who made the throw right in bowe's hands? It was cassel who did everything right and bowe dropped the ball. Nuff said

okikcfan
10-10-2010, 11:53 PM
According to the Bleacher Report Matt Cassel had a higher QB rating today than Manning......

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 02:45 AM
All I know is that I would have made that touchdown catch. I don't understand the ragging on Cassel. He wasn't asked to take shots down the field today, and when he did it unfortunately didn't work out.

Towards CHIEFS_FN_ROCK and, if Bowe catches that ball he's 17-29 with 200ish yards and a touchdown. The stats mean absolutely nothing.

kcred
10-11-2010, 05:28 AM
It wasn't Elvis herbaceous fault that the cheifs lost to the donkeys in the playoffs. I just want a playoff win. Maybe this year. Go kc

DC_Chiefsfan
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't know what game some of you folks were watching, but I saw Cassel play a good game. With the exception of that weird fumble he had in the shotgun, he took care of the ball. When receivers were open, he threw good passes. When they weren't, he was stepping up in the pocket and throwing the ball away. Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about Cassel in this game. He played well and I'm starting to trust him (and I was calling for us to draft Claussen in the past draft). What we need are receivers. I love dwayne bowe, but he's a #2. He dropped an easy TD, then dropped another easy 5 yd pass. On the flip side, he snagged a dart from cassel on 4th and 12. Even Chambers dropped an easy pass.

I'd have really like to seen mccluster get some more passes and moeaki, but it is what it is I guess. MICHAEL FLOYD 2011 DRAFT!!

Seek
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
You Dwayne Bowe haters need to get a life I can make the same argument that it was Cassel's fault. Maybe it's both of their faults ever think of that?

I don't think you can make a very valid argument in Bowe's favor. At least not one that makes people take you serious.

Seek
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Your logic isn't logic. It is BS... Here lets turn your logic around for you. If Bowe would get separation from coverage, Cassel could throw more balls his way.

The second pass hit Bowe right in the chest and he still dropped. It. Fact of the matter is you hate Cassel for not being a top 5 QB which he will never be and you take the first chance you could and decided to run him into the ground with BS. Manning had a worse day than Cassel yesterday.

Seek
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM

Lol, seriously do you think before you post. You are ripping on the forum now. LOGIC in the preivous post was that Cassel put the ball where it needed to be for the TD. Bowe Dropped it..... Yes, McGraw made the interception and the general rule for turn overs is go for the kille the very next play. Cassel did his part. Bowe did not.

The only other logic that makes sense is that you just don't care for the truth and want to complain about Cassel, this forum and everyone esle who KNOWs you are just wrong. You are arguing just to argue and you are taking the wrong side of the argument. YOUR so called LOGIC in any debate on this is BS.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah I don't get what Figcrostic is trying to argue. He's trying to say that Bowe is one of the best receivers in the league, bit then tries to make crappy excuses for Bowe when he doesn't catch balls that hit him in the hands (balls that the BEST wrs in the league would and should catch).

CapitalT
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Your logic isn't logic. It is BS... Here lets turn your logic around for you. If Bowe would get separation from coverage, Cassel could throw more balls his way.

The second pass hit Bowe right in the chest and he still dropped. It. Fact of the matter is you hate Cassel for not being a top 5 QB which he will never be and you take the first chance you could and decided to run him into the ground with BS. Manning had a worse day than Cassel yesterday.

I don't think Cassel played well today. He wasn't accurate. The reason Manning looked worse than Cassel is because our defense player better than the Colts defense.

However, If you add in 3 easy catches, 2 of them by Bowe, he would have had a much better day and we might of won.

I can see the possibility of Cassel getting better and we don't have much of a choice anyway. I DON'T think Bowe is going to stop dropping easy catches and I am starting to think that replacing him, with any backup we have, WOULD be a better choice.

Seek
10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't think Cassel played well today. He wasn't accurate. The reason Manning looked worse than Cassel is because our defense player better than the Colts defense.

However, If you add in 3 easy catches, 2 of them by Bowe, he would have had a much better day and we might of won.

I can see the possibility of Cassel getting better and we don't have much of a choice anyway. I DON'T think Bowe is going to stop dropping easy catches and I am starting to think that replacing him, with any backup we have, WOULD be a better choice.

My post was in response to the complaints about Cassel not putting the Chiefs in position to score the Td. On that play. He put the Chiefs in position to score the TD.

I do wish that Cassel stops forcing some throws. I do wish that Cassel pump faked and threw to Moeaki on the 4th and second. He wasn't perfect and I don't expect that. No one is perfect even one of the greatest in Manning.

I am Cassel felt the pressure of those two DE's and was trying to get the ball away quickly. There was a couple of times they came free untouched.

OPLookn
10-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I'll start off by saying that I didn't get to watch the entire game. Something about having 8.5 lbs brisket and 9 lbs of pulled pork just off the smoker that is a big distraction.

With that said what I did see Bowe played horribly and that's said with me liking him as a player. He needs to get his head out of his @ss or be ready to be dropped, put to a #2 receiver or traded. No excuse for how he played.

To those of you defending Cassel I ask how? Sure if you throw in the passes that got dropped he was better. By reverse logic Bowe didn't play that bad if he'd have caught those passes.

When I did see Cassel he was wildly inaccurate not to mention the HORRIBLE throw he had towards the end of the game that landed on the turf 10 yards in front of his receiver. Not to mention that whole point where he looked like he'd just got done eating a turkey leg and let the ball get away from him not once but twice!

Yes he was being hurried but good lord it's the NFL...he's not supposed to have time to have a beer and then throw the ball. Ok, maybe Canada could have drank a beer and thrown the ball but that's cause he drinks really really fast. Couldn't resist Canada. ;)

Bottom line Cassel didn't have a good game either. I swear I'm not trying to be a jack@ss here but can we please just discuss what did happen instead of what could of happened?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I didn't realize McGraw was throwing would be TD passes.....

I do understand your post however.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I'll start off by saying that I didn't get to watch the entire game. Something about having 8.5 lbs brisket and 9 lbs of pulled pork just off the smoker that is a big distraction.

With that said what I did see Bowe played horribly and that's said with me liking him as a player. He needs to get his head out of his @ss or be ready to be dropped, put to a #2 receiver or traded. No excuse for how he played.

To those of you defending Cassel I ask how? Sure if you throw in the passes that got dropped he was better. By reverse logic Bowe didn't play that bad if he'd have caught those passes.

When I did see Cassel he was wildly inaccurate not to mention the HORRIBLE throw he had towards the end of the game that landed on the turf 10 yards in front of his receiver. Not to mention that whole point where he looked like he'd just got done eating a turkey leg and let the ball get away from him not once but twice!

Yes he was being hurried but good lord it's the NFL...he's not supposed to have time to have a beer and then throw the ball. Ok, maybe Canada could have drank a beer and thrown the ball but that's cause he drinks really really fast. Couldn't resist Canada. ;)

Bottom line Cassel didn't have a good game either. I swear I'm not trying to be a jack@ss here but can we please just discuss what did happen instead of what could of happened?

I agree with you overall. I also saw good passes from Cassel. That's the thing, my opinion of him is 50/50 considering all factor's & circumstance, and has been related to his game. I'm retaining faith by the end of the season we'll see 75/25 positive/negative game from Cassel, so am reserving final judgement until season end. Although I at times question myself as to why, haha...I'm gonna give Bowe the same benefit of doubt till season end. That is if Haley doesn't bench him sooner, & I'm able to continue watching his game, haha.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I dunno, maybe it's not an accurate comparison because today's NFL game is different from that of the 60's & early 70's. However, Lenny Dawson led us to Super Bowls I and IV, winning IV...and he wasn't considered a superior top QB in the NFL either back then, nor even now in the history books & NFL stats. In many ways, Cassel's game reminds me of Lenny's. :)

We honestly don't need a Manning type QB hero, no team does...what we need is a consistent, dedicated, do your job, well rounded team on both sides of the ball, that of which we had winning Super Bowl IV.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I think that anther thing that some have forgot is Charles fumble. That was anther killer. We had a nice drive going and Charles put the football on the ground. Anther thing that is not Cassles fault. Cassle has not been great but he also has not be terrible like some think.

Hayvern
10-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I think that anther thing that some have forgot is Charles fumble. That was anther killer. We had a nice drive going and Charles put the football on the ground. Anther thing that is not Cassles fault. Cassle has not been great but he also has not be terrible like some think.

Well let us also not forget that Cassel put the ball on the ground too. He had it in both hands and just... dropped it. That was another nail in the lid of the coffin. While it did not result in a turnover, neither fumble did, they were both contribitions to a disappointing loss.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 11:21 AM
I personally didn't agree with the decision to go for it on 4th and 2. Thought that was a terrible idea. Take the points, get the game even. Two big mistakes (that and the onside kick) early in the game. Haley knows that this team is not made to dig itself out of a hole. I understand his logic, come out with a bang and destroy the Colts. I personally think we could have gone toe to toe with the Colts and scrapped the fancy stuff.

Fastphilly
10-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I blame this loss on the coaching staff and Dwayne Bowe...You cannot spot Indy points..You have a chance for a chip shot FG to tie the game and you go for it? I'm fine with it against a team with a mediocre offence, but not a Manning led team...Dwayne Bowe has got to make that catch..There is you ten points that would have brought this game into OT..

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I personally didn't agree with the decision to go for it on 4th and 2. Thought that was a terrible idea. Take the points, get the game even. Two big mistakes (that and the onside kick) early in the game. Haley knows that this team is not made to dig itself out of a hole. I understand his logic, come out with a bang and destroy the Colts. I personally think we could have gone toe to toe with the Colts and scrapped the fancy stuff.

I agree!!!

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I blame this loss on the coaching staff and Dwayne Bowe...You cannot spot Indy points..You have a chance for a chip shot FG to tie the game and you go for it? I'm fine with it against a team with a mediocre offence, but not a Manning led team...Dwayne Bowe has got to make that catch..There is you ten points that would have brought this game into OT..

I think the fact that its a Manning led offense is the reason you do go for that 4th and 2. (inside the 10) You have to keep them to FGs and score TDs. I assume that was Haleys logic and I cant argue with that. But if they did go for the FG, that would have been 3 and if Bowe got the TD it would have been a 4 point difference as we got the FG on that drive too. So really the difference would have only been 7 points. But even that FG at the start would have changed the complexion of the game. We would still have only been down by 1 score!! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM

I posted at the same time I guess, not seeing yours, and also agree. I dunno, I had a feeling in my gut when we went for it on 4th & 2 in the 1st Q, didn't take the FG, it set a negative tone for the remainder of the game. Don't know what it was, just know from that point forward I had a bad gut feeling we weren't gonna win this one. :(

Fastphilly
10-11-2010, 11:35 AM

I'd say that phantom holding call to negate that 3rd and 15 pass on the sideline, and that even WORSE PI call on Derek Johnson..He never even touched him..I'm getting sick and tired of these refs throwing flags based on players tantrums..

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I'd say that phantom holding call to negate that 3rd and 15 pass on the sideline, and that even WORSE PI call on Derek Johnson..He never even touched him..I'm getting sick and tired of these refs throwing flags based on players tantrums..

Ditto that too! I posted in another thread the factors I felt led to our loss, and the PI call was among them, also a sideline completed pass I doubted was in bounds, but Manning hurried his offense, got the next play off prior to time needed for us to object to the ruling the pass was complete. Don't know if that was the same sideline play you're referring to or not though.

Fastphilly
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Ditto that too! I posted in another thread the factors I felt led to our loss, and the PI call was among them, also a sideline completed pass I doubted was in bounds, but Manning hurried his offense, got the next play off prior to time needed for us to object to the ruling the pass was complete. Don't know if that was the same sideline play you're referring to or not though.

The sideline play I'm referring to was a Chiefs pass play..It was 3rd and 15 to go for a first down and Cassell connected for a first down on the sideline..The play was called back because of holding (clearly was not) and they were forced to punt..

chiefnut
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
first i am neither a cassel fan or basher, nor did i get to see the game yet[dvr tonight] but the 1 for 10 on third down has to be what cost us the game. was it playing calling?, cassel? bowe? "O" line? bad luck? i'm almost afraid to watch and find out!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
first i am neither a cassel fan or basher, nor did i get to see the game yet[dvr tonight] but the 1 for 10 on third down has to be what cost us the game. was it playing calling?, cassel? bowe? "O" line? bad luck? i'm almost afraid to watch and find out!!!
Just watch the dropped TD pass. Your mind will be made up.

Seek
10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
You know who is really to blame here. Jamal Charles for fumbling the ball. That would have never happened if it was Jones carrying the ball.

Don't forget Succops missed field goal or poor on sides kick. That on sides was all but good if the ball went far enough. We need a new kicker...

Stupid coach going for it on 4th and 2 and for trying the on sides kick, we should have played Herm Ball on the Road against one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

The refs hosed us too..

This is all sarcasm but there was just as many variables that helped lose the game, that should take equal blame for the loss, but I guess Cassel is the whipping boy for those fans just waiting for a loss to unload on him.

Seriously people are actually defending Duane Bowes drops on the fact that Cassel didn't pass him the ball enough before that pass to get warmed up.... Really!!!! That is why Bowe dropped that ball. He was not warmed up. Given that logic, you should look at Bowe for not catching passes on the side line at every Time out Like TG used to do.

OPLookn
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
You know who is really to blame here. Jamal Charles for fumbling the ball. That would have never happened if it was Jones carrying the ball.

Don't forget Succops missed field goal or poor on sides kick. That on sides was all but good if the ball went far enough. We need a new kicker...

Stupid coach going for it on 4th and 2 and for trying the on sides kick, we should have played Herm Ball on the Road against one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

The refs hosed us too..

This is all sarcasm but there was just as many variables that helped lose the game, that should take equal blame for the loss, but I guess Cassel is the whipping boy for those fans just waiting for a loss to unload on him.

Seriously people are actually defending Duane Bowes drops on the fact that Cassel didn't pass him the ball enough before that pass to get warmed up.... Really!!!! That is why Bowe dropped that ball. He was not warmed up. Given that logic, you should look at Bowe for not catching passes on the side line at every Time out Like TG used to do.

If you look back at the entire game you see so many missed opportunities or things that just didn't go our way. As much as you defend Cassel I can't understand how you bag on Bowe. Did he drop balls yeah...but how many 3 and outs did Peyton have because his receivers dropped the ball. While I'm not a fan of Cassel and I don't think he's our QB past this year trying to blame one player is pointless. Cassel gets the most attention because he seems like the type that won't lose you game but he won't go out and win them.

The fumble by Charles was insane, I think even Ray Lewis went wow, even I wouldn't have held onto that ball. Simply put everyone had a cr@ptastic game. Succop missed the field goal and blew the opening onside kick. Haley went for it on 4th & 2 when many people say on the road you ALWAYS take the points. Bowe dropped a pass that was in his bread basket which made any other drop he had yesterday 50 times worse. Cassel couldn't get a lot of his passes exactly where he needed them.

It ALL contributed...and before you go and defend Cassel look at where 99% of Peyton's passes went...right where only his receiver or no one would catch it.

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I wouldnt have been as pissed about Bowe dropping that ball if he had caught the one they threw him on the next play. He just drops it way to much. while I agree that we lost this game as a team...something needs to be done about Bowe!! Stick 'um maybe?

Seek
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
If you look back at the entire game you see so many missed opportunities or things that just didn't go our way. As much as you defend Cassel I can't understand how you bag on Bowe. Did he drop balls yeah...but how many 3 and outs did Peyton have because his receivers dropped the ball. While I'm not a fan of Cassel and I don't think he's our QB past this year trying to blame one player is pointless. Cassel gets the most attention because he seems like the type that won't lose you game but he won't go out and win them.

The fumble by Charles was insane, I think even Ray Lewis went wow, even I wouldn't have held onto that ball. Simply put everyone had a cr@ptastic game. Succop missed the field goal and blew the opening onside kick. Haley went for it on 4th & 2 when many people say on the road you ALWAYS take the points. Bowe dropped a pass that was in his bread basket which made any other drop he had yesterday 50 times worse. Cassel couldn't get a lot of his passes exactly where he needed them.

It ALL contributed...and before you go and defend Cassel look at where 99% of Peyton's passes went...right where only his receiver or no one would catch it.

Can someone please specifically point out to me then, where Cassel went wrong instead of throwing a stat out there that has other variables to support the incompletion. I pointed out the 4th and 2 throw. Bad pass and that was Cassels fault

I have heard poor decision making, but I am not sure what plays those people are referring too Even then we don't know what was called either.

I can say, Cassel had one very poor ball thrown towards Bowe in the end zone, and Bowe screamed that he was being held. Which seems to be what Bowe does every time he can't get open, or fails to make a play on a ball, but he wasn't going to catch it anyway.

He did fumble a ball when the game was basically already over.

I saw just as much to defend Cassel's decision making like the supposed quick Slant to Bowe that was busted up and Cassel wisely threw it away, the very series after Bowe dropped to, so his decision making was correct there.

I am not saying he is perfect. I just didn't see the logic in people blasting into him this game. He didn't lose the game for us but he did have the ball in the right position at least once that could have won it for us.

OPLookn
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Can someone please specifically point out to me then, where Cassel went wrong instead of throwing a stat out there that has other variables to support the incompletion. I pointed out the 4th and 2 throw. Bad pass and that was Cassels fault

I have heard poor decision making, but I am not sure what plays those people are referring too Even then we don't know what was called either.

I can say, Cassel had one very poor ball thrown towards Bowe in the end zone, and Bowe screamed that he was being held. Which seems to be what Bowe does every time he can't get open, or fails to make a play on a ball, but he wasn't going to catch it anyway.

He did fumble a ball when the game was basically already over.

I saw just as much to defend Cassel's decision making like the supposed quick Slant to Bowe that was busted up and Cassel wisely threw it away, the very series after Bowe dropped to, so his decision making was correct there.

I am not saying he is perfect. I just didn't see the logic in people blasting into him this game. He didn't lose the game for us but he did have the ball in the right position at least once that could have won it for us.

Bowe dropped the pass and we kicked a field goal so it never "lost" us the game. As Canada pointed out those 4 points and the field goal when we went for it on 4th & 2 would have been 7 pts not 10. And if you start talking about momentum it's not college. These guys are paid professionals and while I'll agree there's some short of a 3 & out by the time the other squad gets back on the field that "momentum" has been forgot about.

If Cassel is constantly needing hand holding to get "confidence" then I don't want him as our QB. Do I like a guy that gets fired up when he does something right. Sure! But I don't want someone that goes thru the highs and lows. QB's are supposed to be even keeled.

Ok...so here we go...like you said forcing the ball into somewhere it never was gonna go on 4th & 2.

Kansas City Chiefs at 4:02, 1st & 10 @ Indy 39 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to D.Bowe [D.Freeney]. I believe this is the one where he rolls out to the right and then throws a pass that lands on the turf with the closest Chief 10 yards away. If that wasn't where it happened it was either that series or the one that started at 11:09 in the 4th. As for trying to jump on Cassel and beat him I'm not trying to do anything. Just pointing out what happened and that he's not going to be our QBotF. Each of us are entitled to our opinions and that's mine. If I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to eat crow because that means that Cassel is playing good which means the Chiefs are kicking even more @ss.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 02:13 PM
The sideline play I'm referring to was a Chiefs pass play..It was 3rd and 15 to go for a first down and Cassell connected for a first down on the sideline..The play was called back because of holding (clearly was not) and they were forced to punt..

Gotcha! I didn't think it was one in the same, I wasn't able to watch every play or the entire game, but I saw this one you're talking about also!! I forgot about that one, and you're correct, it was a bad call IMO too! I told my daughter at that point, "Indy seems to always be favored by refs!", she said, "mom, you always say that when the Chiefs play Indy or Denver!" I told her cause it's TRUE!! lol

Seek
10-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Bowe dropped the pass and we kicked a field goal so it never "lost" us the game. As Canada pointed out those 4 points and the field goal when we went for it on 4th & 2 would have been 7 pts not 10. And if you start talking about momentum it's not college. These guys are paid professionals and while I'll agree there's some short of a 3 & out by the time the other squad gets back on the field that "momentum" has been forgot about.

If Cassel is constantly needing hand holding to get "confidence" then I don't want him as our QB. Do I like a guy that gets fired up when he does something right. Sure! But I don't want someone that goes thru the highs and lows. QB's are supposed to be even keeled.

Ok...so here we go...like you said forcing the ball into somewhere it never was gonna go on 4th & 2.

Kansas City Chiefs at 4:02, 1st & 10 @ Indy 39 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to D.Bowe [D.Freeney]. I believe this is the one where he rolls out to the right and then throws a pass that lands on the turf with the closest Chief 10 yards away. If that wasn't where it happened it was either that series or the one that started at 11:09 in the 4th. As for trying to jump on Cassel and beat him I'm not trying to do anything. Just pointing out what happened and that he's not going to be our QBotF. Each of us are entitled to our opinions and that's mine. If I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to eat crow because that means that Cassel is playing good which means the Chiefs are kicking even more @ss.

Freeny wasn't even blocked. I saw Manning make many throws into the ground because he was rushed. He avoided the sack. The end ruslt wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

It completely changed to momentum. I don't know about you but at that point in time, I knew we were going to win. After the dropped passes, and the field goal. The whole momentum changed. It gave life back to the crowd.

While we will never know if it won or lost the game. It would have made a big difference. The Chiefs may have elected to run the ball more, with a lead instead of throwing to Bowe again on the first play of the next drive making it 3rd and long, and essentionally killed more clock.

fairladyZ
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM

The refs hosed us too..

Nail on head.

And lets for instance play the what if game. I've said before that we played the perfect game to beat Indy we just didn't capitalize on our opportunities.

Lets for sake of what if say that we kicked the FG on 4-2. game is tied 3-3. That alone would make ending score 19-12.

Now for another what if. Lets say Bowe catches the TD pass. That would have made the score 16-12 KC. Now Indy does what they did and gets a TD score 19-16. Our last drive with 1:20 left instead of trying to kick a 51-yrd field goal which succop hasn't been able to make anything over 48 all season or pre-season. We go for it and try to pick up a few more yards. In hope that if we DO fail we can stop indy and get another shot at kicking a field goal. Which we were able to drive down before half and do.

NOW lets take out the Jamal Charles Fumble where we were already in FG range. End score 19-19 and we go to OT. One coin flip away from being able to drive into FG range.

Lot of what If's but that circumstance right there takes my blame off cassel and places it elsewhere.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Well let us also not forget that Cassel put the ball on the ground too. He had it in both hands and just... dropped it. That was another nail in the lid of the coffin. While it did not result in a turnover, neither fumble did, they were both contribitions to a disappointing loss.

That is very true as well. That's why I have said that Cassel is part of the reason why we lost yesterday. He made pleanty of mistakes but some are acting like he was the only thing holding this team back. There were many others who made mistakes I think to much blame is being put on Cassel who for the most part did not do anything to really hurt the team.

2010chiefs
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Seems to me like many people on here are using Bowe's dropped pass as a way to bail out Matt Cassel. Cassel made poor decisions specially on 3rd downs. When he does have plenty of time to throw the ball he holds on to it or throws it away. I found myself yelling at the TV "Throw the damn ball". Doesn't give his receivers legitamate chances. The one time that he did in the end zone to Bowe, everyone on here uses it to defend Cassel for the whole game. Of course Bowe messed up, however their weren't many balls thrown in his direction to make a play. Why didn't we get the ball in Mccluster's hands. He's a playmaker and all he did was punt returns. Coaching lost this game and so did Matt Cassel. Officiating also helped the Colts big time. Sure Bowe could have won this game for us but he didn't lose the game for us. I believe the recievers weren't given enough chances. Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust his revceivers. Love the defense! GO CHIEFS!

Seek
10-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Seems to me like many people on here are using Bowe's dropped pass as a way to bail out Matt Cassel. Cassel made poor decisions specially on 3rd downs. When he does have plenty of time to throw the ball he holds on to it or throws it away. I found myself yelling at the TV "Throw the damn ball". Doesn't give his receivers legitamate chances. The one time that he did in the end zone to Bowe, everyone on here uses it to defend Cassel for the whole game. Of course Bowe messed up, however their weren't many balls thrown in his direction to make a play. Why didn't we get the ball in Mccluster's hands. He's a playmaker and all he did was punt returns. Coaching lost this game and so did Matt Cassel. Officiating also helped the Colts big time. Sure Bowe could have won this game for us but he didn't lose the game for us. I believe the recievers weren't given enough chances. Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust his revceivers. Love the defense! GO CHIEFS!

So you can see on TV that the Receivers are actually open. I can tell from the two home games that I was in attendence for. The receivers are not getting open. Moeaki seems to be open more often than our receivers.

Cassel is being charged with not turning the ball over, and avoiding sacks. Weis has him playing so conservative,That if a receiver is covered he is not going to put the ball in harm of being picked off. When a receiver is open, Cassel is pretty accurate. So when you yell at him to get rid of the Damn ball, He is still looking for an open receiver.

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Cassel needs to get rid of that damn ball and trust
his revceivers. CHIEFS!

hard to trust your receivers when they fail to catch the ball...you must have forgotten that bowe led the league in dropped passes last year, and the qb position is all about confidence IMO. No sacks and zero picks seems to be not that big of a deal to a lot of you and I dont get that.

yashi
10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
We are bottlenecked by our QB and WR's this year. I sure hope it's not ignored in the offseason. On the plus side, we've given up less sacks than any team in the league.

Chiefster
10-12-2010, 06:54 PM

I would suggest that the "Cassel haters" discontent with Cassel does in no way suggest that they are without a life.

...That is all.

chief31
10-14-2010, 02:46 AM

Wel, I am not puting the loss on any one player.

But, on the play that is so heavily in question, Cassel threw a TD pass, and Bowe rejected it.

24/44 for 183 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs. Is this a set of numbers that means a guy sucks? Or, since you mean four games, what about an average of 204 yards per game with 7 TDs and 5 INTs?

Those numbers are about the same, right? 40 more yards per game, 2 TDs, but with 2 more INTs. Pretty equal, I'd say.

So, does that guy suck?

His name is Tom Brady. The four games were in 2002 (In succession, from Oct. 6th to Nov. 3rd of 2002). The year after he won his first Super Bowl, and the year before he won his second Super Bowl.

You could go find four games like that for any great QB. But this is Cassel's first four games of this new offense.

I have no clue what it would take to convince myself that he won't improve with experience. Maybe some good drugs or a string of concussions?

He is starting out slow, trying to get comfortable with what is expected of him. And that is a huge adjustment from the way he was holding the ball in previous seasons.

I say we wait and see if Weiss feels as discouraged as some of us do. I am betting he doesn't, and won't.

Your reverse logic is missing something.

"If Bowe had done his job right, Cassel would have looked alot better."

"If Bowe would have done his job right, then Bowe would have looked alot better."

Do you see the major difference?

Cassel looks better if someone else doesn't blow it for him, while Bowe looks better if he, himself, doesn't blow it.

Cassel was made to look worse by someone else's failure. Bowe was made to look worse by ... himself.