PDA

View Full Version : Why does Larry Johnson need a breather?

hermhater
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
From: http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.htm?ID=128613&sport=nfl

Larry Johnson: Gets a Breather - 9/20/2007 5:49:26 AM

Update:
Johnson sat out practice Wednesday, although coach Herm Edwards said it was simply a case of giving Johnson extra rest following last Sunday's physical game against the Bears, the Chiefs' official web site (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/19/qa_with_herm_edwards__91907/) reports.

Recommendation:
When asked if the added rest was intended to prepare Johnson for a bigger workload this Sunday, Edwards didn't provide much of a hint. Eventually, Kansas City will have to start giving Johnson the ball more than the 26 carries he's received through two games. He's the type of runner that gets better as the game goes on, and the limited carries have hampered his ability to find a rhythm. Expect more carries against Minnesota, but temper your expectations: the Vikings are giving up just 76.0 yards per game on the ground and have yet to allow a rushing score.

Why is LJ sitting out? He can always work on pass blocking.

HERM what are you doing to us?????

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
We need to protect our fifty-million-dollar rap star/running back.

Canada
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
We need to protect our fifty-million-dollar rap star/running back.

Don't want his mic hand to cramp up!! :lol:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 03:26 PM
How can he need a breather after 26 carries?

Herm is jacking this whole thing up...

Canada
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
How can he need a breather after 26 carries?

Herm is jacking this whole thing up...

I would...but I am fat and outta shape!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I would...but I am fat and outta shape!! :bananen_smilies046:

I hear you, man.

Are you on the road or what?

royalswin100games
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
He needs his rest after his 55 yard performance. It's not like he's a football player. We need someone like Jim Brown to go smack Herm around. Treat him like a strung out Richard Pryor.

Canada
09-20-2007, 04:24 PM
I hear you, man.

Are you on the road or what?

11.5 hours :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 04:31 PM
11.5 hours :bananen_smilies046:

Where do you stay while in KC?

Canada
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I was at the Holliday Inn Sports complex last year and I am at the Quality Inn E this year. About 5 miles from Arrowhead I think.

Canada
09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
...but next year I stay for free with someone from the Crowd!! :lol: or the site sets me up with some sort of all expenses paid trip to KC for having the most posts about beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
...but next year I stay for free with someone from the Crowd!! :lol: or the site sets me up with some sort of all expenses paid trip to KC for having the most posts about beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

That's a shame you're staying in a hotel.

Someone here with an extra bed need to take care of our frozen brethren!

(I don't think you would like my love seat too much!)

Canada
09-20-2007, 05:37 PM
That's a shame you're staying in a hotel.

Someone here with an extra bed need to take care of our frozen brethren!

(I don't think you would like my love seat too much!)

u goin to the game??

hermhater
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
u goin to the game??

No, unfortunately this Chiefs fan is what some would call fiscally challenged.

I used to go with my ex girlfriend all the time (her brother had season tickets) but haven't been to a game in over 3 years. Sigh...

Everything should gel before next season rolls around and I will be tailgating with the rest of you lucky folks.

I will be sitting in my recliner drinking beer watching for you guys on TV.

Canada
09-20-2007, 06:14 PM
No, unfortunately this Chiefs fan is what some would call fiscally challenged.

I used to go with my ex girlfriend all the time (her brother had season tickets) but haven't been to a game in over 3 years. Sigh...

Everything should gel before next season rolls around and I will be tailgating with the rest of you lucky folks.

I will be sitting in my recliner drinking beer watching for you guys on TV.

Row 9 behind the bench. I will chip in a coupla bucks to get a fellow crowder some scalper tix!! :beer:

hermhater
09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Row 9 behind the bench. I will chip in a coupla bucks to get a fellow crowder some scalper tix!! :beer:

Can't even afford Arrowhead beer!

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Besides I'm trying to train my girlfriend to watch the Chiefs this year. It is easier with TV.

I live 5 minutes from Arrowhead, I see it all the time. I know it's not the same as being at the game (not even close), but it is working for right now.

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Why does Larry Johnson need a breather?

It takes a really long time to count 45 million dollars.

Guru
09-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Good grief. Now we are babying him too much. Let LJ be LJ and run people over again.

sling58
09-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Good grief. Now we are babying him too much. Let LJ be LJ and run people over again.

God knows we need some kind of offensive spark. LJ can provide it. Give him the ball Herm.

swmochiefsfan
09-21-2007, 11:07 AM
You know when Dick made the whole diaper comment it seemed to light a fire under LJ, and now that we have gave him all this money you want to coddle him. Who needs to change their diaper now Hermmie?

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 11:56 PM

You know when Dick made the whole diaper comment it seemed to light a fire under LJ, and now that we have gave him all this money you want to coddle him. Who needs to change their diaper now Hermmie?

Anger him so that he runs mad; which is how he runs best.