PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
At the end of the season the Chiefs will finish 8-8 going to the playoffs and losing to the Colts yet again. We will have the number one rush defense, and the number 15 pass defense. Our rush offense with be number 6 and our pass game will be number 28. Dwayne Bowe will be traded for a second, but so will Matt Cassel. We will not draft a qb above the 3rd round, but we will pickup a veteran qb who knows maybe Rothlesberger will be available because the Steelers are pissed with him. The Chiefs will do the same with a WR they will go veteran. We will have the 25 pick of the draft with it we will pick up a FB LOL who knows the Chiefs draft weird with their first.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
At the end of the season the Chiefs will finish 8-8 going to the playoffs and losing to the Colts yet again. We will have the number one rush defense, and the number 15 pass defense. Our rush offense with be number 6 and our pass game will be number 28. Dwayne Bowe will be traded for a second, but so will Matt Cassel. We will not draft a qb above the 3rd round, but we will pickup a veteran qb who knows maybe Rothlesberger will be available because the Steelers are pissed with him. The Chiefs will do the same with a WR they will go veteran. We will have the 25 pick of the draft with it we will pick up a FB LOL who knows the Chiefs draft weird with their first.

Well, as of currently I'm fairly sure the Colts are last in their division. They're not looking like a playoff team, and many analysts are saying the same...that the Colts reign of superiority may be over with, for this season anyway.

That considered, I don't think the Chiefs will lose to the Colts in a playoff, cause I don't think the Colts will make the playoffs as of now, unless something major changes quickly, that is. I believe our Chiefs will make the playoffs, but also believe they'll do so winning more than 8 games. :)

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM

Dwayne Bowe or Matt Cassel will not bring 2nd round picks back.

Ben Roethlisberger will not be available, the Steelers are not mad at him. If they were, why would they start him right back from his suspension.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think we would have more problems with Ben as a QB than with Cassel, all facts & history considered. :)

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think we would have more problems with Ben as a QB than with Cassel, all facts & history considered. :)

Your high as a kite Ben is a much much better qb then Cassel and a lot of people for that matter

Canada
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Your high as a kite Ben is a much much better qb then Cassel and a lot of people for that matter

She is talking about character. Maybe u have not noticed but the Chiefs seem to value character players. Too bad the site management here does not feel the same!! Maybe next time you should pay attention to what you are reading.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't even know why we're discussing Roethlisberger. He has 6 years left on an 8 year contract. He's not going to be available.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't even know why we're discussing Roethlisberger. He has 6 years left on an 8 year contract. He's not going to be available.

I know we aren't gonna get him it was just speculation no facts just throwing it out there. I would be happy if we got him though.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
She is talking about character. Maybe u have not noticed but the Chiefs seem to value character players. Too bad the site management here does not feel the same!! Maybe next time you should pay attention to what you are reading.

What did Ben do? Have sex with a woman, what's wrong with that? She even got exposed as a liar, he's not married(not that,that would matter that's his own business). If you think the Chiefs wouldn't jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a big t-bone if they had the chance if you don't agree then got something wrong with your head.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
What did Ben do? Have sex with a woman, what's wrong with that? She even got exposed as a liar, he's not married(not that,that would matter that's his own business). If you think the Chiefs wouldn't jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a big t-bone if they had the chance then got something wrong with your head.

He took out his junk and exposed himself to a woman that did not want to have anything to do with him. And yes, I don't think the Chiefs would jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a T-Bone. I guess I have something wrong with my head.

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
What did Ben do? Have sex with a woman, what's wrong with that? She even got exposed as a liar, he's not married(not that,that would matter that's his own business). If you think the Chiefs wouldn't jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a big t-bone if they had the chance then got something wrong with your head.

Apparently you don't get the character issue thing. Hes been accused of rape more than once. He has served a couple of suspensions now. Pioli and crew have shown that they are going for character players and if u think Big Ben fits that mold, then u r the one with something wrong in your head.

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:30 AM
What did Ben do? Have sex with a woman, what's wrong with that? She even got exposed as a liar, he's not married(not that,that would matter that's his own business). If you think the Chiefs wouldn't jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a big t-bone if they had the chance if you don't agree then got something wrong with your head.

When its unwanted, its called rape. Hes been accused twice in the span of one year

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
He took out his junk and exposed himself to a woman that did not want to have anything to do with him. And yes, I don't think the Chiefs would jump on Ben like a rabid dog jumping on a T-Bone. I guess I have something wrong with my head.

I don't believe any of it. He was mysteriously charged with nothing. And many people say he seemed to be set up. I don't believe it a 2 time superbowl winner isn't going to just whip his stuff out like that. I think it's a bunch of BS.

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't believe any of it. He was mysteriously charged with nothing. And many people say he seemed to be set up. I don't believe it a 2 time superbowl winner isn't going to just whip his stuff out like that. I think it's a bunch of BS.

He was accused twice. You think cause someone won the SB they cant be a pervert?

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM

I'm talking about other aspects than game play. Although, I don't think Ben is a great QB, rather a good one when he wants to be, isn't focused on himself so much. Even his friend Manning questions Ben's need for speed, his risk taking, putting himself before the franchise and fans that pay his salary.

You're correct...character risk issues. :)

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
He was accused twice. You think cause someone won the SB they cant be a pervert?

No I think if your rich people smell $$$ and I admit he does put himself in dumb situations but he's not raping people if he was he would be in jail.

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
No I think if your rich people smell $$$ and I admit he does put himself in dumb situations but he's not raping people if he was he would be in jail.

You know OJ killed someone right?

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Here's the police report with several witness statements:

Ben Roethlisberger's Bad Play | The Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/ben-roethlisbergers-bad-play)

Higlights:

In one of two handwritten police statements (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/ben-roethlisbergers-bad-play#theLink), the woman recalled that she told Roethlisberger, "No, this is not OK, and he then had sex with me. He said it was OK. He then left without saying anything." After the woman reconnected with friends, they left the club and "went to the first police car we saw," according to one statement.

One witness, Ann Marie Lubatti, told investigators (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/0415101roethlisberger6.html) that she saw one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards guide the alleged victim to a side door. Lubatti said that she immediately approached another bodyguard and said, "This isn't right. My friend is back there with Ben. She needs to come back right now." Lubatti, who described Roethlisberger as "noticeably intoxicated," said she was rebuffed by the bodyguard, who remarked, "I don't know what you are talking about." When Lubatti later spotted her friend, the alleged victim said, "We need to go now." Lubatti said the woman told her that Roethlisberger "walked back to where she was with his penis already out of his pants (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/0415101roethlisberger7.html). She told him that they shouldn't be doing this and that it wasn't right." The woman told Lubatti that Roethlisberger had followed her into the bathroom and shut the door. "She continued to say she didn't want to have sex, but he kept saying, "No, it's OK." Lubatti said that her friend told of having unprotected sex with Roethlisberger. After hearing her friend's account, Lubatti and another woman, Nicole Biancofiore, "walked up to the first cop we saw and told them what happened."

Biancofiore also told police (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/0415101roethlisberger9.html) about seeing her friend disappear with Roethlisberger inside the club. She recalled telling the club's owner that her friend was "too drunk to be back there" with Roethlisberger, adding that the man assured her that "Ben would not do anything to ruin his reputation." Biancofiore said that when her friend resurfaced, the woman was crying and "she told us he raped her."

Witness Elizabeth Brooks told investigators of partying with Roethlisberger at Capital City, where he purchased a round of shots for women in the VIP room and announced, "All my *****es, take some shots." (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/0415101roethlisberger17.html)

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I have something wrong with my head and it has nothing to do with my junk Canada!!! LMAO

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
You know OJ killed someone right?

WOW! Are you serious, you think he's beyond going to jail? Look at Plaxico and Vick they will send you to jail and raping people is much worse then shooting yourself in the leg and fighting dogs.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Here's the police report with several witness statements:

Ben Roethlisberger's Bad Play | The Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/ben-roethlisbergers-bad-play)

Higlights:

Then why isn't he in jail?

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 11:51 AM
WOW! Are you serious, you think he's beyond going to jail? Look at Plaxico and Vick they will send you to jail and raping people is much worse then shooting yourself in the leg and fighting dogs.

Dude, the woman dropped the case:

In a March 17 letter to prosecutor Fred Bright, a lawyer for the woman asked that the rape probe be dropped. "What is obvious in looking forward is that a criminal trial would be a very intrusive personal experience for a complainant in this situation, given the extraordinary media attention that would be inevitable," wrote attorney David Walbert. "The media coverage to date, and the efforts of the media to access our client, have been unnerving, to say the least."

Obviously Ben was guilty of something for the NFL commissioner to give him a 6-game suspension (eventually reduced to 4-game).

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I have something wrong with my head and it has nothing to do with my junk Canada!!! LMAO

Go to the free health clinic they can burn some of those herpes off for you.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Dude, the woman dropped the case:

In a March 17 letter to prosecutor Fred Bright, a lawyer for the woman asked that the rape probe be dropped. "What is obvious in looking forward is that a criminal trial would be a very intrusive personal experience for a complainant in this situation, given the extraordinary media attention that would be inevitable," wrote attorney David Walbert. "The media coverage to date, and the efforts of the media to access our client, have been unnerving, to say the least."

Obviously Ben was guilty of something for the NFL commissioner to give him a 6-game suspension (eventually reduced to 4-game).

Guilty of acting like a dummy but not raping. I trust lawyers and judges over people on forums.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM

Okay, I honestly don't mean this as an insult, nor inflamatory comment. However, you've indicated in comments that you're fairly young in age, a college student. Although you show you've been a Chiefs fan for many years, I assume that means you've been a fan since you were a kid. That considered, possibly you're not aware of the Chiefs 'ethical & moral conduct history' relating to players they do or don't want on their team. No way in hell Clark Hunt is gonna bring in Ben with all his controversial past history relating to his ethical, moral, and injury risk taking behavior...such as the motorcycle accident. I for one agree with the Chiefs standards of bringing players in or not, related to all aspects, including personal lifestyle choices. Sometimes I think they're a bit too strict, such as with Jared Allens DUI charge, but overall am grateful they want players with inner character strength. When one lacks such, it affects their professional life as well, and it has in Bens case. He's hurt the Steelers because of his selfish me, me, me attitude, with injuries, negative publicity distractions, and so on.

Many among the NFL, including Manning, who says he likes Ben, have stated publicly with diplomacy respectively...that they do not agree with Ben's selfish choices in his personal life that put the franchise and fans who love their Steeler franchise at risk every season.

Hayvern
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Then why isn't he in jail?

Geez, where did the Rothlesberger discussion come from anyway?

He has 6 years left on a huge contract.
He has had numerous concussions.
He is a head case like so many other premadonnas in the league.

Would the Chiefs be interested? They would be crazy not to be, but face it, they would have to be able to get out of Cassel's contract, and then be able to afford Big Ben's before any discussion started.

That is not going to happen, so why are we even talking about this? Pittsburgh is on the hook for a huge contract with this guy and with his off the field antics (motocycle accidents and rape charges) he is not likely to bring the kind of return that Pittsburgh would need. He is not going anywhere, so let's just drop it eh?

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Really? Look at OJ, Ray Lewis, Micheal Irvin, Jim Brown, Randy Moss, Mark Chmura, everyone involved in the "sexboat" Lawrence Taylor, Ricky Williams... the list goes on.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Guilty of acting like a dummy but not raping. I trust lawyers and judges over people on forums.

No lawyers and judges looked at the case, SHE DROPPED IT.

I'm not going to convict Ben, but this is the second time he's been accused of something like this. I don't put it past a professional athlete to use his fame as an excuse to think he can sleep with any woman he wants to. He has character issues, end of story.

Quote from Gooddell:

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you...That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

Canada
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Go to the free health clinic they can burn some of those herpes off for you.Sounds like you speak from experience.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you speak from experience.
I was thinking the same. Baaaaad assumption frig!! Advice from this guy???? I think not....

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Just because someone has talent and ability, is successful on a professional level doesn't mean they're not whacko behind closed doors. My gosh, think of all those in history that fit that mold, of whom later the truth did reveal they were whacko's in private life...OJ Simpson, and others recently!

Seriously...Google "NFL players accused of crime"...it's astounding, sad & pathetic, especially considering how much they have going for them in life, many would give just about anything to trade lives with them. :(

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Okay, I honestly don't mean this as an insult, nor inflamatory comment. However, you've indicated in comments that you're fairly young in age, a college student. Although you show you've been a Chiefs fan for many years, I assume that means you've been a fan since you were a kid. That considered, possibly you're not aware of the Chiefs 'ethical & moral conduct history' relating to players they do or don't want on their team. No way in hell Clark Hunt is gonna bring in Ben with all his controversial past history relating to his ethical, moral, and injury risk taking behavior...such as the motorcycle accident. I for one agree with the Chiefs standards of bringing players in or not, related to all aspects, including personal lifestyle choices. Sometimes I think they're a bit too strict, such as with Jared Allens DUI charge, but overall am grateful they want players with inner character strength. When one lacks such, it affects their professional life as well, and it has in Bens case. He's hurt the Steelers because of his selfish me, me, me attitude, with injuries, negative publicity distractions, and so on.

Many among the NFL, including Manning, who says he likes Ben, have stated publicly with diplomacy respectively...that they do not agree with Ben's selfish choices in his personal life that put the franchise and fans who love their Steeler franchise at risk every season.

I don't take it is an insult I am young especially on this board (no offense). Maybe I am more forgiving then you older fans, but Connie I think you do make some valid points (unlike these other knuckleheads), then again Clark might be different then Lamar. I don't always agree with you but I do appreciate your insight. I don't think Ben is a rapist (just a big dumb frat guy) but if he was I hope he gets stripped of his position goes to jail for a long time and is never able to play again rape is not something anyone should take lightly or throw around like that and I'm glad you didn't unlike the others.

Canada
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't take it is an insult I am young especially on this board (no offense). Maybe I am more forgiving then you older fans, but Connie I think you do make some valid points (unlike these other knuckleheads), then again Clark might be different then Lamar. I don't always agree with you but I do appreciate your insight. I don't think Ben is a rapist (just a big dumb frat guy) but if he was I hope he gets stripped of his position goes to jail for a long time and is never able to play again rape is not something anyone should take lightly or throw around like that and I'm glad you didn't unlike the others.

Are you for real? do you just try to throw in backhanded insults at every opportunity? Who is taking rape lightly? You are an idiot.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Are you for real? do you just try to throw in backhanded insults at every opportunity? Who is taking rape lightly? You are an idiot.

LOL the only one I saw taking rape lightly was Figcrostic himself.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Just because someone has talent and ability, is successful on a professional level doesn't mean they're not whacko behind closed doors. My gosh, think of all those in history that fit that mold, of whom later the truth did reveal they were whacko's in private life...OJ Simpson, and others recently!

Seriously...Google "NFL players accused of crime"...it's astounding, sad & pathetic, especially considering how much they have going for them in life, many would give just about anything to trade lives with them. :(

I know there are many whackos look at Terrell owens but I don't see how other people talk about adding Vick or TO are taken seriously but I talk about big Ben who has proven much more on the field then either of these two and was not charged with as much as Vick. BTW that the Ben trade was just a minor part of my post and that's all that has been talked about, other then you saying the Colts might not go to the playoffs which might be true.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM

That wasn't backhanded I do enjoy Connie Joes post unlike yours which have no substance and make no point. You are calling a man a rapist who was not charged with rape. That is taking it lightly. Comment on his playing ability but calling him a rapist is going too far.

melted ice
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Look at the schedule:

Oct. 17 at Houston Toss-up
Oct. 24 Jacksonville W
Oct. 31 Buffalo W
Nov. 7 at Oakland Toss-up
Nov. 14 at Denver L
Nov. 21 Arizona W
Nov. 28 at Seattle W
Dec. 5 Denver W
Dec. 12 at San Diego L
Dec. 19 at St. Louis W
Dec. 26 Tennessee Toss-up
Jan. 2 Oakland W

So by my estimation they could go anywhere from 13-3 to 10-6

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:20 PM
LOL the only one I saw taking rape lightly was Figcrostic himself.

No I took it seriously. You don't just accuse people of rape when the courts didn't charge him with anything. You don't know anything, you weren't there and neither was I so I will take the judge and the lawyers over you and your gossipy post.

Fastphilly
10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I think we will win the division based on a favorable schedule...Plus the other teams in our division have their issues too such as

San Diego: They put up 400 yds of offence, but they offset it with turnovers and poor special teams play. Thet are struggling with what was supposed to be their "easy stretch" on their schedule. With the Colts, Patriots, and Jets coming up in the next few weeks I find it comical hearuing their fans saying "we start out slow and get hot in November"..Not this time.

Denver: No running game and their red zone offence sucks..So does their defence.

Oakland: Who knows what team will show up.

Canada
10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
That wasn't backhanded I do enjoy Connie Joes post unlike yours which have no substance and make no point. You are calling a man a rapist who was not charged with rape. That is taking it lightly. Comment on his playing ability but calling him a rapist is going too far.

"(like many of the knukleheads on here)" This isnt one of your backhanded insults? People taking rape lightly? this isnt one? I didnt know someone had to be formally charged with rape to actually be a rapist. I thought u just had to commit the act. It really sounds like he did, but you are right...a lawyer didnt say it so it cant be true.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
No I took it seriously. You don't just accuse people of rape when the courts didn't charge him with anything. You don't know anything, you weren't there and neither was I so I will take the judge and the lawyers over you and your gossipy post.

I've said like 3 times that she dropped the charges, the courts said nothing on the issue. I'm not gossiping, I'm reading a police report and coming to the conclusion that his behavior was inappropriate and the man has dome serious character issues. That's all.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Look at the schedule:

Oct. 17 at Houston Toss-up
Oct. 24 Jacksonville W
Oct. 31 Buffalo W
Nov. 7 at Oakland Toss-up
Nov. 14 at Denver L
Nov. 21 Arizona W
Nov. 28 at Seattle W
Dec. 5 Denver W
Dec. 12 at San Diego L
Dec. 19 at St. Louis W
Dec. 26 Tennessee Toss-up
Jan. 2 Oakland W

So by my estimation they could go anywhere from 13-3 to 10-6

If we go 8-8 I'm happy I could see us losing to the Cards they are number one in their division they even beat the Saints. Unless we get our passing game together 13-3 is not gonna happen.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I've said like 3 times that she dropped the charges, the courts said nothing on the issue. I'm not gossiping, I'm reading a police report and coming to the conclusion that his behavior was inappropriate and the man has dome serious character issues. That's all.

I'm not saying he didn't do stupid things, but Canada is saying he is a rapist and you are insinuating.

Canada
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not saying he didn't do stupid things, but Canada is saying he is a rapist and you are insinuating.

The point being that he has major character issues resulting in suspensions. The type of guy the Chiefs management would not be "all over like a rabid dog"

Do you just ignore things once you realize you are wrong?

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM

A sexual crime, including rape, is much harder to prove, as there usually aren't eye witness'...it's a he said she said situation. As well, it's sad but true, that many women will lie claiming rape for self benefiting reasons, more so when the opportunity presents itself with someone rich & famous. Even sadder is those women who are legitimate victims of such horrible crimes, are also victims of the women who have lied. Such deceitful self benefiting women make it more difficult for the genuine victims to prove their cases.

In Ben's case he is showing a history of being sexually agressive, as well as a risk taker in many other aspects of his personal life. All of this calculates to it being a greater chance than not, the women accusing him of sexually agressive crimes...are telling the truth.

You very often insult many others, most who disagree with you even in a minor way...telling them they have no logic or common sense, well...this is one of those times you should imply the same standards you have for others, rather than double standards...respectively suggested of course.

I have observed your posting personality quite closely, and the majority of the time you are the one to throw the first insult towards another member. Therefore, I am believing more than not, that you simply enjoy creating conflict, drama, chaos among these forums. You appear fairly intelligent in written posting form, so it makes no sense or logic to me, of which I most certainly retain both...why you make some of the inflamatory comments & insults you do towards those who have only disagreed with you, not insulted you at all. The only conclusion I'm left to draw is you seek thrill from doing so. :(

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Anyways, Big Ben will not be available in the first place. I'm done with it.

Why do you think Cassel and Bowe will bring 2nd rounders?

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 12:30 PM
The point being that he has major character issues resulting in suspensions. The type of guy the Chiefs management would not be "all over like a rabid dog"

Do you just ignore things once you realize you are wrong?

I don't think I'm wrong. I still think we would pick him up. I know I don't wanna argue about it anymore because there is no way to win because the oppurtunity won't happen. I'll tell you one thing if Cassel with his poor record was accused of rape and the charges dropped he would be dropped like a bad habit especially if it meant we could get out from under that huge salary.

Canada
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't think I'm wrong. I still think we would pick him up. I know I don't wanna argue about it anymore because there is no way to win because the oppurtunity won't happen. I'll tell you one thing if Cassel with his poor record was accused of rape and the charges dropped he would be dropped like a bad habit especially if it meant we could get out from under that huge salary.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

GlennBree
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
**~Here's Bree....sitting in the corner snickering....~(Is that bad)?

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Figrostic...honestly, I believe you are a Chiefs fan, not a poser or troll. I don't dislike you, and you post intelligent and legitimate debate issues often. Having said that, I say this to you with respect & hoping to be of benefit with your not drawing fire so often from other members. You're too quick to judge comments towards you as being negative, then reply too quick in a negative tone or insulting tone, and many are uncalled for & unjustified. Heated debates and opposing views are healthy for forums, and necessary for them to survive realistically, but quick to throw insults isn't a healthy apsect. Doing so can cause hard feelings, and it turns healthy debates into drama, conflict, & so on.

I wanna believe you're one of the good guys, and have overall, but when I read threads I can't help but notice you're throwing insults first when someone disagrees, in turn they fire back defensively, and understandably so naturally, just as you do. I don't know if it's intentional insulting for entertainment, or if you're actually going on the defense doing so with believing an opposing opinion is a negative comment or insult towards you somehow.

Many of those you've insulted are good friends of mine off the internet, those of which I've tailgated with, socialize with elsewhere than here at Chiefs Crowd. They are good people, with genuine good hearts, as I don't choose to socialize with those who don't have good hearts. Though no one likes to see their friends insulted, I bite my tongue, stay out of it, knowing they can hold their own, as I can hold my own, and you can do also when in conflict of opinion, personality, whatever. Seriously though, much of it is not necessary, nor justified, and it's a shame really, because deep down I sense you might like and enjoy tailgating with our Chiefs Crowd group, become friends with us all as well beyond these forums...if only you'd allow yourself that chance. I genuinely welcome you any time to join one of our Chiefs Crowds tailgates.
:bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, come out and join us.

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2010, 01:04 PM

This statement in itself is unnerving. you trust lawyers...really...who is this guy?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I will be certain to attend.........

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
It will be superfun fig. then we can get to know each other!!

GlennBree
10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
It will be superfun fig. then we can get to know each other!!

ohhhhhhh! oh oh oh!!!! I wanna go!!! I wanna go!! I wanna go!!!

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Come on y'all...I've always sensed figrostic is a good guy, just has become sensitive as a result of his often being on the opposing or more pessimistic side of opinions overall...which naturally will create some heated debates. He's entitled to his opposing opinions, of which I know you all agree with, & that isn't the issue here, rather an attitude issues.

I'm not meaning this as an insult in any way towards figrostic, nor excusing him...but he is of a younger generation, one of which a majority I've found on internet forums especially, is quick to judge comments wrongly, take comments out of context, throw insults back on the defense. Heck, it would be unfair to not give figrostic a chance to improve his game, when I'm giving Cassel & Bowe chances to improve theirs! Seriously!! :)

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
He told me to slit my wrists and die. He can go fu*k himself as far as Im concerned.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
He told me to slit my wrists and die. He can go fu*k himself as far as Im concerned.

Go slit your wrists and live then.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
If I could do this I would never leave the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Canada
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Go slit your wrists and live then.

Maybe I will!!

If I could do this I would never leave the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Ewwwwww....

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

I read it, and it was a horrible unjustified comment, my heart went to the pit of my stomach when I read it. I understand all too well, some things aren't easy to take back once spoken, nor in action. It is what it is then.

CHIEFSwill88
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
the chiefs will finish the season 11-5 and bowe will drop to receiver #2 with chambers as the primary.

chief31
10-11-2010, 02:32 PM

No. The only person who has taken the subject of rape so lightly as to make a full judgement on rather or not the alleged rape even happened....

is you.

"he does put himself in dumb situations but he's not raping people if he was he would be in jail."

Sound familiar?

The former plaintant here may well have been raped. And you are calling her a liar.

Is there anything that one could do to take the issue any more lightly than that?

I don't know if Ben raped anyone. Maybe, maybe not.

But he has been a repeat offender against the rules of the league, and that alone labels Ben as a guy with "character issues".

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
the chiefs will finish the season 11-5 and bowe will drop to receiver #2 with chambers as the primary.

Chambers hasn't done anything either. I'm really concerned about his ability to get opened, not to mention Terrence Copper was out there opposite Bowe for a lot of the game.

CHIEFSwill88
10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
just tryin to find some hope man...killer D and no O. If we can get some consistent offense we can be a major contender. just sayin

matthewschiefs
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
just tryin to find some hope man...killer D and no O. If we can get some consistent offense we can be a major contender. just sayin

I agree if the offense can get going who nos who far this team can go. The d is for real that I think we can say.

figcrostic
10-11-2010, 06:46 PM

No thanks

Canada
10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
No thanks

Damn, thats a shame. I hope all us tailgaters (who arent really real fans) find a way to have fun without you. :bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM

Oh come now, I think you'd have to admit that the Charles/Jones running tandem lifts us above the level of "no O".

Where we fall down is the passing game, and even that has flashes. We just need something to tie it together. I'd say we start Horne a few weeks.

Pro_Angler
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Bowe might be gone, but doubt it, cassell wont be gone he was hand picked and our coaches and GM have too big a ego to get rid of him.

Our O-line is playing lights out, there is just no timing between our recievers and QB. We need a #1 reciever we havent had one in years.

okikcfan
10-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Well you know how Haley was last year, tho Cassel will go nowhere this season it would not suprise me to see bowe get dropped to #3 or maybe even benched. Tony M and DMC could come in and share more receptions, Bowe would be old news, lol

Hayvern
10-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Well you know how Haley was last year, tho Cassel will go nowhere this season it would not suprise me to see bowe get dropped to #3 or maybe even benched. Tony M and DMC could come in and share more receptions, Bowe would be old news, lol

Right now, if I was Haley, I would be lining McCluster up in Bowe's slot. Bowe is slower than McCluster and while McCluster is a lot smaller, he is going to out run most defensive backs in this league, he certainly will have better cuts and moves than Bowe has and I would expect him to be able to get open more than Bowe.

Conversely, I would still be lining up Bowe for plays in the red zone where I need a receiver who has to go up and pull a pass out of the air against a defender. Then hope that Bowe can actually CATCH the damn thing.

Ryfo18
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Right now, if I was Haley, I would be lining McCluster up in Bowe's slot. Bowe is slower than McCluster and while McCluster is a lot smaller, he is going to out run most defensive backs in this league, he certainly will have better cuts and moves than Bowe has and I would expect him to be able to get open more than Bowe.

Conversely, I would still be lining up Bowe for plays in the red zone where I need a receiver who has to go up and pull a pass out of the air against a defender. Then hope that Bowe can actually CATCH the damn thing.

It sounds nice, but I don't think it would work that well. McCluster is ideal for the slot where he can run underneath routes to get open around the linebackers. Bowe is good outside (from the standpoint of his size) against bigger corners. McCluster would get a lot of balls picked off against him if he were running deep routes on the outside.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:58 PM

Yep, I had the same thought come to mind earlier today in a thread discussion, and not sure I understand why we're not using McCluster more as a WR.

It sounds nice, but I don't think it would work that well. McCluster is ideal for the slot where he can run underneath routes to get open around the linebackers. Bowe is good outside (from the standpoint of his size) against bigger corners. McCluster would get a lot of balls picked off against him if he were running deep routes on the outside.

Well, but according to articles I read some NCAA coaches stated that McCluster's size shouldn't be considered a factor, that's he's a remarkably skilled WR regardless of his size, and should be used as such. Granted those were NCAA coaches, but heck...there have been some successful WR's in the NFL that were small. Hell, why not give it a try at this point?

Remember our offense in 2003-2005...Dante, Eddie K., Johnnie M., Tony G., T-Rich, Priest, Mark Boerighter too...heck, teams didn't know who we'd use in a playcall...it was AWESOME!!

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Yep, I had the same thought come to mind earlier today in a thread discussion, and not sure I understand why we're not using McCluster more as a WR.

Well, but according to articles I read some NCAA coaches stated that McCluster's size shouldn't be considered a factor, that's he's a remarkably skilled WR regardless of his size, and should be used as such. Granted those were NCAA coaches, but heck...there have been some successful WR's in the NFL that were small. Hell, why not give it a try at this point?

Remember our offense in 2003-2005...Dante, Eddie K., Johnnie M., Tony G., T-Rich, Priest, Mark Boerighter too...heck, teams didn't know who we'd use in a playcall...it was AWESOME!!

You're right, there have been some great WRs that were small. I'm just saying that McCluster is more ideal for the slot where he can be on the other end of balls with very little "air" under them, if that makes sense. I know he's athletic, but with his size any ball that is a jump ball (deep balls) the taller guy has a significant advantage. Cornerbacks are always taught to get the ball at it's highest point. I do agree McCluster needs to get more involved because of how talented he is. That can be done with crossing routes underneath, quick hitches, outs, etc. Hopefully we see him getting more involved (much like he was against SF).

70 chiefsfan70
10-12-2010, 07:58 AM

I think we will see more of McCluster being used as a WR, I don't think the Coaching staff is going to show all our secrets untill we play our own devision, we will make the playoffs if we beat the donks, bolts and faiders, and also McCluster is a rookie and I see them trying to get him more experience, He is too valueable not to get the ball more, as he will break some big plays, just a thought but maybe they are keeping him as a surprise WR when the game really counts the most, (in our own devision)oviously all games are important,

Moeaki has proven to be Cassels most reliable Reciever and I'd like to see him get several more catches as well.

Against the Colts we had to pass the ball successfully to run the ball, because the colt defense was really only concerned about the run.

We have a better Offense then we watched at Indy last week, The colts defense is one of the fastest, if not the fastest defense in the nfl.

Before this season is over we will see McCluster get the ball more IMO.

Coach
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Lets stay on topic guys. This is a football forum. I was really disappointed in Bowe again last weekend. Once again, our best receiver is a TE.
Mike Sims Walker is supposedly on the trading block.
Would you trade Dbowe even up for Sims-Walker?

Ryfo18
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Lets stay on topic guys. This is a football forum. I was really disappointed in Bowe again last weekend. Once again, our best receiver is a TE.

Good question, I may...Heard an interview on Sirius 124 today though with the Jags coach and he said those rumors were outrageous...I think he's a FA at year's end though. Wouldn't mind adding him. Chambers might be cut bait if he doesn't start showing something like he did last year.

stricken721
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM

I wouldn't make it an even trade. I would do a D-Bowe for Sims-Walker if Jacksonville included a 3rd - 5th round draft pick into the equasion, or maybe a swap of 2nd round picks.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 10:58 PM

No Sims-Walker is very inconsistent, he has a pretty good qb and has not put up good numbers, plus he has Character problems just the same as Bowe and has expressed negative things about his team I don't want the guy he is no upgrade. I would have took Randy Moss though.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:05 PM

We also had the best O-line in the NFL and a pro-bowl QB

stricken721
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
No Sims-Walker is very inconsistent, he has a pretty good qb and has not put up good numbers, plus he has Character problems just the same as Bowe and has expressed negative things about his team I don't want the guy he is no upgrade. I would have took Randy Moss though.

Source?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
LOL!!!! I think you just described Dwayne Bowe.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
LOL!!!! I think you just described Dwayne Bowe.

That's what I was alluding to smart guy why trade d-bowe for basically the same guy. Sims if I am not mistaken dropped quite a few passes last game as well.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Source?

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio calls WR Mike Sims-Walker trade reports 'garbage, false' - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sns-ap-fbn-jaguars-sims-walker,0,7421805.story)

stricken721
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio calls WR Mike Sims-Walker trade reports 'garbage, false' - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sns-ap-fbn-jaguars-sims-walker,0,7421805.story)

So a guy gets frustrated that he's not getting the ball. But then the next sentence says he isn't gonna complain and is just gonna roll with it means he has character issues?

Coach
10-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Devin Thomas was released on waivers and we didn't bite on him either.

figcrostic
10-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Devin Thomas was released on waivers and we didn't bite on him either.

I don't see us making any moves we have had a lot of opportunities and have not jumped on any. I'm gonna laugh if the d-bowe show comes out on sunday and pulls in 100 + yards and a pair of td's.

Canada
10-13-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't see us making any moves we have had a lot of opportunities and have not jumped on any. I'm gonna laugh if the d-bowe show comes out on sunday and pulls in 100 + yards and a pair of td's.

Do you think people here want him to play poorly?

70 chiefsfan70
10-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't see us making any moves we have had a lot of opportunities and have not jumped on any.comes out o I'm gonna laugh if the d-bowe show n sunday and pulls in 100 + yards and a pair of td's.

I'm gonna love it!

Ryfo18
10-13-2010, 09:12 AM

I hope that he does! This would be the week for him to step it up. Houston is down right horrendous against the pass!