PDA

View Full Version : Why Tony, why?

hermhater
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
From: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=275245

"I had Larry Johnson, and I had Priest Holmes," Richardson says of the Pro Bowl running backs he blocked for in Kansas City, "but I never had a guy like A.P. They obviously had some talent, but A.P. . . ."
Richardson's eyebrows are raised. His eyeballs are bulging. You get the picture.

Wow... I can't believe Tony turned on us like this...

It's one thing to stick up for your running back, but to dis LJ and Priest like that...

He just lost some respect from a huge fan of his.

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 03:21 PM

"I had Larry Johnson, and I had Priest Holmes," Richardson says of the Pro Bowl running backs he blocked for in Kansas City, "but I never had a guy like A.P. They obviously had some talent, but A.P. . . ."
Richardson's eyebrows are raised. His eyeballs are bulging. You get the picture.

It's one thing to stick up for your running back, but to dis LJ and Priest like that...

I agree. It's crazy how people are so willing to jump on the bandwagon of a young running back. A.P. is good but he's a rookie. To insinuate that he is better than Priest or LJ is totally unfounded. He has a ways to go and a few years worth of dues to pay before he can be in that category. Our defense will remind Richardson of this on Sunday, I have no doubt.

timsatt1
09-20-2007, 05:46 PM

this is a very common political move for football players to do. It is normal. Talk up your new teammates...creates chemistry and confidence. He truly doesnt mean what he says.

dont be offended. if you are offended then good, you deserve to be, for being so shallow and for caring so much about another person's opinion.

luv
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
this is a very common political move for football players to do. It is normal. Talk up your new teammates...creates chemistry and confidence. He truly doesnt mean what he says.

dont be offended. if you are offended then good, you deserve to be, for being so shallow and for caring so much about another person's opinion.
You are a work of art.

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
He's just representing his new team.

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
The quote gets plastered all over the media, but the "baited" question never does. He is teammates now with AP, and was probably asked the question in a way that he had to answer that way so as to avoid locker room issues.

hermhater
09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
The quote gets plastered all over the media, but the "baited" question never does. He is teammates now with AP, and was probably asked the question in a way that he had to answer that way so as to avoid locker room issues.

My whole point is he didn't have to call them out by name...

He could have just said " I have blocked for some tremendous running backs, but this guy, he's something else."

He threw two of the greatest running backs of all time (after all time will tell) under the bus.

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 12:09 AM
My whole point is he didn't have to call them out by name...

He could have just said " I have blocked for some tremendous running backs, but this guy, he's something else."

He threw two of the greatest running backs of all time (after all time will tell) under the bus.

True, but the question probably read something to the effect of..."How does blocking for AP compare to blocking for Priest &/or LJ?" A halfway intelligent reporter can bait a question for a controversial soundbite...

hermhater
09-21-2007, 12:10 AM
True, but the question probably read something to the effect of..."How does blocking for AP compare to blocking for Priest &/or LJ?"

All right you got me, didn't think about the press that much in this thread.

Good call.

rbedgood
09-21-2007, 12:13 AM
A diplomat's work is never done:D

sling58
09-21-2007, 07:38 AM
He's a Vike now. He has to say things like that. It's called being a teammate. I saw AP play alot down in Norman, OK (OU) and he has talent and maybe one day he will be a premeire back but he is no LJ or Priest by any means yet.

wolfpack
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
He's a Vike now. He has to say things like that. It's called being a teammate. I saw AP play alot down in Norman, OK (OU) and he has talent and maybe one day he will be a premeire back but he is no LJ or Priest by any means yet.

like he said, he has to say things like that. plus, you never know with time he maybe a LJ or Priest.

sling58
09-21-2007, 10:53 AM
like he said, he has to say things like that. plus, you never know with time he maybe a LJ or Priest.

True...

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 11:44 PM
True, but the question probably read something to the effect of..."How does blocking for AP compare to blocking for Priest &/or LJ?" A halfway intelligent reporter can bait a question for a controversial soundbite...

This is more then likely the case.