PDA

View Full Version : Here is why the Indy game is a victory

#58ChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I was at the game yesterday and I think we did better than anyone outside our organization thought we would.

Colts 2010 averages- scoring 27.2 pts, total yards 397, pass yds 317.2, rush yds 79.8

Sunday 19 pts, 341 yds, 244 pass, 97 run

The colts are a team built for that stadium and we held them under there average, an average with 3 games played on a real football field, outdoors.

We held them to a red zone efficiency of 33%. A team with 11 td passes, we held Manning to 0 td passes people. Thats awesome.

The chiefs only had four penalties for 38 yds, in a pretty hostile environment.

We lost the time of possesion by about 10 minutes, that is why we lost the game on the scoreboard.

We knew our offense was suspect and it did pretty well in a tough place to play, our defense was outstanding and the t-o-p is the only thing that beat them.

I had several colts fans come up to me while we were leaving and say my team is for real and this game cold have went either way.

4 games into the season and I think we are doing just fine. :chiefs:

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
That's nice to hear what the Colts fans said to you, and I read some of the same by Colts fans here & there on the internet. They didn't think for one minute this game was over until it was over, didn't take the Chiefs for granted as being a 'fluke'.

I agree with your positive outlooks. A loss could've been a total embarrassment, but was the opposite. Even with the loss we appear to have gained respect, and more than anything isn't that what we hoped for by winning?

Pro_Angler
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree if not for the lack of our run game in the second half we would have maintained the time of posession and probably would have won.
We are stilll going up hill in my opninion.

josh1971
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Agreed- this is a minor blip in the season. I hope to see us get it WAY back on track against the Texans.

2010chiefs
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Our defense is badass! They can only do so much though. They did more then I expected them to. Tamba Hali, is a warrior. Did you see that blood running from his face. Unfortunatley it was our pass game that lost it for us. CHIEFS had it! Bowe dropping that pass, and Matt Cassel just not finding his targets. Eventually our pass game will have to win some games for us. Teams know our weakness is our passing game and that allows them to focus on our rushing game. Chiefs still did a very good job against a tough Colts team and lost with much respect. GO CHIEFS!

matthewschiefs
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
That game was a win for the Defense for sure. They went against one of the top qbs in the NFL and were pretty darn good. You can't say that about the offense. But we now can say we have one side of the ball covered with a group of mostly young players. That is good to here.

#58ChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM
One thing i did see after Charles lost the ball on the turnover. He came to the sideline looking like he just lost the game for us and Jones was right next to him making sure he was good to go for the next possession.

I'm still convinced those pink gloves guys have been wearing the past couple weeks are made of a different compound and are a bit slicker. Bowe was not the only wideout to have trouble with those gloves.

Connie Jo
10-11-2010, 11:40 PM
One thing i did see after Charles lost the ball on the turnover. He came to the sideline looking like he just lost the game for us and Jones was right next to him making sure he was good to go for the next possession.

I'm still convinced those pink gloves guys have been wearing the past couple weeks are made of a different compound and are a bit slicker. Bowe was not the only wideout to have trouble with those gloves.

I wondered about the gloves too, but Bowe's reaction indicated he blamed himself, rather than gloves. I give him credit for that. :)

chiefnut
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
there were a lot of positives to take away from that game, the defense played well and took away the big play which has plagued us the last few seasons. but we did get dinked and dunked to death. cassel did make a couple great throws however he made a few clunkers too...and so did manning. the pass rush seemed to put pressure on manning most of the time. the hitting and tackling looked really solid. we ran off tackle well but no so good between. for a teamed that really sucked for three seasons things are lookin up.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
there were a lot of positives to take away from that game, the defense played well and took away the big play which has plagued us the last few seasons. but we did get dinked and dunked to death. cassel did make a couple great throws however he made a few clunkers too...and so did manning. the pass rush seemed to put pressure on manning most of the time. the hitting and tackling looked really solid. we ran off tackle well but no so good between. for a teamed that really sucked for three seasons things are lookin up.

I think there were far more positvies then negitives in that game. We had our chances to beat the defending AFC champs in there house. The bowe drop Charles fumble dj missed a pick give us two of those plays back we have a real good chance to win that football game. But when was the last time you can say that we had a real chance to beat one of the top teams and one of the top qbs in there house. I think more good then bad come out of that game.

Hayvern
10-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I wondered about the gloves too, but Bowe's reaction indicated he blamed himself, rather than gloves. I give him credit for that. :)

What reaction?

"Oh you mean the doh, yuk yuk, duh, I dropped the ball again, muhuhuhuh, you said ball! Duhuhuhu!"

When he comes running back to the huddle after dropping a pass, he has that look like Pedro Cerrano had in Major League 2 when he would fly a litle popout back to the infield.

Ahh shucks guys, duhuhuhu, I dropped the ball, oh well!

OPLookn
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
What reaction?

"Oh you mean the doh, yuk yuk, duh, I dropped the ball again, muhuhuhuh, you said ball! Duhuhuhu!"

When he comes running back to the huddle after dropping a pass, he has that look like Pedro Cerrano had in Major League 2 when he would fly a litle popout back to the infield.

Ahh shucks guys, duhuhuhu, I dropped the ball, oh well!

Everyone out there has a different reaction when they do something stupid. You seem to think everyone should be pissed off and act angry when they don't do something right.

All I know is we're 3-1! I've got a good feeling about going into Houston and coming out with a big ole W. When we pull out that win and come back to Arrowhead at 4-1 I'm thinking that place is gonna be filled to capacity and rocking. I know I'll be there!

Personally when I do something stupid when playing a contact sport like football and basketball I just put my hands on my hips, dip my head and smile. Just know I need to shake it off and come back out and get it right the next time. Doesn't mean I'm happy I just screwed up.

Now if Bowe continues to drop passes I don't care what his demeanor might be. Athletes in general have to have short memories otherwise we'd never do anything right! Ha!

We're 3-1 and I've got a good feeling that we can go into Houston and get the W this weekend. When's the last time we've been able to say that other than when playing the Faiders. Ha! All I know is if we come back 4-1 or had a good showing and come back 3-2 I'm thinking that Arrowhead is going to be ROCKING come Jacksonville. I know I'll be there!

Hayvern
10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Everyone out there has a different reaction when they do something stupid. You seem to think everyone should be pissed off and act angry when they don't do something right.

All I know is we're 3-1! I've got a good feeling about going into Houston and coming out with a big ole W. When we pull out that win and come back to Arrowhead at 4-1 I'm thinking that place is gonna be filled to capacity and rocking. I know I'll be there!

Personally when I do something stupid when playing a contact sport like football and basketball I just put my hands on my hips, dip my head and smile. Just know I need to shake it off and come back out and get it right the next time. Doesn't mean I'm happy I just screwed up.

Now if Bowe continues to drop passes I don't care what his demeanor might be. Athletes in general have to have short memories otherwise we'd never do anything right! Ha!

We're 3-1 and I've got a good feeling that we can go into Houston and get the W this weekend. When's the last time we've been able to say that other than when playing the Faiders. Ha! All I know is if we come back 4-1 or had a good showing and come back 3-2 I'm thinking that Arrowhead is going to be ROCKING come Jacksonville. I know I'll be there!

Sorry, I am just really angry at Bowe. He is a high priced talent that has had problems performing the most basic of his responsibilities. It was only just this year that he started adequately blocking downfield, but he still has not learned the art of hanging on to the ball.

Bowe has been high in the list of dropped passes since he came into the league. He has shown periods of laziness, particularly with his 4 game suspension last year. That's right, I said LAZINESS, he was too lazy to work hard to lose the weight Haley wanted him to and he had to take controlled substances to do it.

Now we have a fourth year player that is still playing like a rookie. He came in here with the Bowe show and all of that nonsense, notice that dried up fast. He wants to be a big play maker and have the money, attitude and prestige that Randy Moss, Terrel Owens and Chad Johnson have (I refuse to use Ochocinco), yet he has not shown the abilities to get that done.

Right now he is the biggest liability on this team, and he really needs to step it up far and above anything he has done so far to make up for his failures on this team and the field.

:meow:

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
No one wants to talk about how Dwayne Bowe is a first round draft choice that has not met expectations,he benefitted early in his career from Tony G being on the field. He continues to be at the top of the league in dropped passes which, I would hope, we can is not very good.

Everyone wants to get rid of Matt Cassell but when his receivers are at the top of the league in dropped balls it's still his fault just don't get that logic. Now is Matt Cassell a pro bowl qb,I doubt it, but lets not forget that this is his second season as a starter.

Canada
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
The problem lies in the combination of QB and WRs. You cant have one without the other. I think both positions carry their share of the blame at the end of the day!!

Lazeye
10-12-2010, 02:22 PM
What WR will be free agents new year? Does anybody know

Hayvern
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
What WR will be free agents new year? Does anybody know

Not too many of any consequence. I am not sure the list below is accurate, but here it is.

2011 NFL Free Agents: WR (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html)

I think some of this have resigned already or will resign. Here is a short list.

Randy Moss - may resign with the Vikings, he wants a contract.

Miles Austin
Sidney Rice
VIncent Jackson
Steve Smith
Santonio Holmes
Donald Driver
Mike Sims-Walker
Braylon Edwards
Malcolm Floyd

I am not sure if any of these make sense for the Chiefs though. I see us going after a receiver in the draft before signing any of these names.

whatwasthat?
10-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Not too many of any consequence. I am not sure the list below is accurate, but here it is.

I think some of this have resigned already or will resign. Here is a short list.

Miles Austin
Sidney Rice
VIncent Jackson
Steve Smith
Santonio Holmes
Donald Driver
Mike Sims-Walker
Braylon Edwards
Malcolm Floyd

I am not sure if any of these make sense for the Chiefs though. I see us going after a receiver in the draft before signing any of these names.

the only ones that will be worth getting will be signed before they even hit the market

matthewschiefs
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM

Miles Austin
Sidney Rice
VIncent Jackson
Steve Smith
Santonio Holmes
Donald Driver
Mike Sims-Walker
Braylon Edwards
Malcolm Floyd

I really don't see anyone outside of maybe Steve smith if thats the Smith from the panthers haveing a chance to come to KC. Outside of that I don't see anyone or would not want some of them. I think some on that list are about the same as Bowe. We need a clear improvement not to get anther guy. We need a TRUE number 1 if thats one that we draft or get through other means.

Chiefster
10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
The problem lies in the combination of QB and WRs. You cant have one without the other. I think both positions carry their share of the blame at the end of the day!!

This is a good point.

Although I understand peoples frustration especially with Bowe; I, too, have lost patience with him.

Rep!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
This is a good point.

Although I understand peoples frustration especially with Bowe; I, too, have lost patience with him.

Rep!
REP???? For Canada? Cmon man, you will ruin his reputation.......

Chiefster
10-12-2010, 06:37 PM
REP???? For Canada? Cmon man, you will ruin his reputation.......

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a bad habit of doing that.

chief31
10-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I have been quite forgiving to Bowe so far.

But this one will not get any defense from me. He better get his s*** together and start making the plays when he gets the chance.

AussieChiefsFan
10-13-2010, 05:08 AM
I was at the game yesterday and I think we did better than anyone outside our organization thought we would.

Colts 2010 averages- scoring 27.2 pts, total yards 397, pass yds 317.2, rush yds 79.8

Sunday 19 pts, 341 yds, 244 pass, 97 run

The colts are a team built for that stadium and we held them under there average, an average with 3 games played on a real football field, outdoors.

We held them to a red zone efficiency of 33%. A team with 11 td passes, we held Manning to 0 td passes people. Thats awesome.

The chiefs only had four penalties for 38 yds, in a pretty hostile environment.

We lost the time of possesion by about 10 minutes, that is why we lost the game on the scoreboard.

We knew our offense was suspect and it did pretty well in a tough place to play, our defense was outstanding and the t-o-p is the only thing that beat them.

I had several colts fans come up to me while we were leaving and say my team is for real and this game cold have went either way.

4 games into the season and I think we are doing just fine. :chiefs:
Yeah it does get annoying when people think the chiefs were easily beaten.

Canada
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM

But this one will not get any defense from me. He better get his s*** together and start making the plays when he gets the chance.

I though swearing was frowned upon on this site. As well as trying to find your way around filters that eliminate swearing. Hope you gave yourself and infraction Barney!!

chief31
10-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I though swearing was frowned upon on this site. As well as trying to find your way around filters that eliminate swearing. Hope you gave yourself and infraction Barney!!

Sorry. The word <s***> is indeterminable as a swear word, or even an attempt to convey the sentiment of a swear word.

For a nice example of attempting to circumvent the profanity filter, you should check a few posts from...

Ah. Nevermind. I am certain that you can find some of that.

By the way...

Would you be willing to share the pain that you have suffered as a punishment for trying to circumvent said filters?

Surely, as you seem so adamant about this, the injustice that you have suffered as repurcussion from those violations must have been devastating to your entire way of life?

Wait. Are you saying that, as much as you have specifically undermined that particular rule, you have never suffered, even the most trivial, penalties from it?

So, what's your complaint, exactly?

Is it that you feel there should be more penalties for those who dishonor the site's rules?

NAH!

You and I know better than that.

Is it that you feel like you are above the notion of having to respect the rules of the site?

That's it, isn't it?

You are upset about getting an infraction for calling someone an idiot?Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Predictions (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=205129&postcount=33)

OK. I'll listen.

Convince me of your innocence.

Canada
10-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Nope, guilty as charged. Im not losing any sleep over nd infraction, I just figured since you have such a hard on forhanding out infractions for bullsh!t, that I would help point some things out for you. I guess you have it all under control so moderate away!!:sign0098:

nigeriannightmare
10-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Nope, guilty as charged. Im not losing any sleep over nd infraction, I just figured since you have such a hard on forhanding out infractions for bullsh!t, that I would help point some things out for you. I guess you have it all under control so moderate away!!:sign0098:

Can you feel the love tonite.....

chief31
10-15-2010, 03:53 AM

I love this....

Nope, guilty as charged. ...

...handing out infractions for bullsh!t

Awwwwwww.

Did poor widdle Canada get an infraction for name-calling?

And now compaining that "This is bull****!!!!"?

Will wonders never cease?:lol:

Canada
10-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Not complaining. Do you honestly think I give a sh!t that you give me a little red square that says I have an infraction for calling someone and idiot? The baby talk is kinda weak though. I expected something a little more intelligent out of you, but calling me poor widdle Canada is pretty darned funny Barney!!

chief31
10-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Not complaining. Do you honestly think I give a sh!t that you give me a little red square that says I have an infraction for calling someone and idiot? The baby talk is kinda weak though. I expected something a little more intelligent out of you, but calling me poor widdle Canada is pretty darned funny Barney!!

You're damn right you care. You throw a huge fit every time you break the rules and have it pointed out.

I don't think you give a s**, I know you do.

How many times have you cried here about the way you are sooo mistreated?

Ever since you chased off Guru?

Is that about right?

It's all you do on this site for the past couple of years, is complain.

And then you have the nerve to get salty when someone complains? :lol:

You keep trying to convince yourself that you don't care. But when you open up on the forum to cry "Bull***" about an infraction, you are the only person left who can be convinced.

One more time....

Originally Posted by Canada http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=205627#post205627)
Nope, guilty as charged. ...

...handing out infractions for bullsh!t:ninerssuck:

Chiefster
10-16-2010, 01:53 AM

True; he needs to pull it together this year or be gone.

Canada
10-16-2010, 09:48 AM
You're damn right you care. You throw a huge fit every time you break the rules and have it pointed out.

I don't think you give a s**, I know you do.

How many times have you cried here about the way you are sooo mistreated?

Ever since you chased off Guru?

Is that about right?

It's all you do on this site for the past couple of years, is complain.

And then you have the nerve to get salty when someone complains? :lol:

You keep trying to convince yourself that you don't care. But when you open up on the forum to cry "Bull***" about an infraction, you are the only person left who can be convinced.

One more time....

:ninerssuck:

Actually, its more that I think the infractions are funny even though it cost me two whole points!! Another 563293 more to go and you got me. I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have started some threads about how proud I am to have said infractions (which got me banned last time!!). Its just you that I find humerous. The only time you give out infractions is when you dont like someone. I think its funny. You dont do it for the credibility of the site, you do it cause it gives you some sense of power I guess. Or are you going to honestly sit here and say you have given out an infraction to everyone who has ever insulted someone on the site...I didnt think so.

You can say Ichased off Guru if you like, but the fact of the matter is, he and I spoke at the Raider game two years ago and I apologized to him and he apologized to me. You would know these things had you actually showed up. But feel free to blame whatever you like on me. I know it makes you feel like a big man. :bananen_smilies046:

Eydugstr
10-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Agreed- this is a minor blip in the season. I hope to see us get it WAY back on track against the Texans.

+1. Focus on Houston, they won't be pushovers...Just take care of business.

Really liking the great job the defense is doing!

:chiefs:

chief31
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Actually, its more that I think the infractions are funny even though it cost me two whole points!! Another 563293 more to go and you got me. I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have started some threads about how proud I am to have said infractions (which got me banned last time!!). Its just you that I find humerous. The only time you give out infractions is when you dont like someone. I think its funny. You dont do it for the credibility of the site, you do it cause it gives you some sense of power I guess. Or are you going to honestly sit here and say you have given out an infraction to everyone who has ever insulted someone on the site...I didnt think so.

You can say Ichased off Guru if you like, but the fact of the matter is, he and I spoke at the Raider game two years ago and I apologized to him and he apologized to me. You would know these things had you actually showed up. But feel free to blame whatever you like on me. I know it makes you feel like a big man. :bananen_smilies046:
Oh yes. You've figured it all out. Never should have tried to fool such a genius.

I know you aren't hurt by it. That's why you cry like this. "You only give them to me because you don't like me!"

You must be delusional! I have always liked you. I just think you have been whining too much and going out of your way to disregard the rules for the past couple of years.

And when you bring all that spite to me, I just spit sarcasm right back at ya. I just assume that you like it that way.

I don't make the rules, I even suggested that we have one specific forum that allows your favorite type of behaviour.

It just baffles me how often you complain about this site having a double-standard against you, when I know full well that we have bent over backwards to pacify your lack of tolerance to any and all rules. The double standard has been in your favor for as long as you have felt it was against you.

The only reason you think I dislike you is because you seem to have held a grudge over some older football dicussions, and tattled on me for telling you a joke.

I definitely felt betrayed. But I got over it.

You never have.

And you continue to whine about my "Mod abuse" ever since.

Like blaming my personal feelings for your infractions. As if you didn't say "You're an idiot." and "Go **** yourself pu**y!" to earn them?

While intentionally disreagarding the rules of the site, you want to try and find some other reason for your infractions?

That's just ridiculous! You got them for going out of your way to break the rules.

What sane being would venture to guess anything else? "Oh, I drove on a flat tire for 600 miles, but I think that my rim is bent because someone hit it with a sledgehammer."

?

Believe it, or not, you can take off the foil hat. No secret agenda, nor major conspiracy, going on here. You deliberately broke the rules, and that's why you force the mods to do what we are asked to do.

Hell, I even apologized to you, for having to give you an infraction. And you just whine more than ever.

I get a PM from you anymore, and it always reads in the voice Fran, The Nanny. Because it's never anything but whining. Followed, of course, by the big tough guy demeanor.

You want to continue to hate me and whine about it? Feel free. I'll play that game as long as Coach allows it.

But I have to admit, it would be a whole lot better around here if you just got over it.

I am done high-jacking this thread now. Anything more I have to say to :sFl_canada2: , I will say through PMs.

Canada
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
You got it all figured out Barney. Great job, it amazes me that you can make a post that long and ignore everything I said to you. Im not claiming Mod abuse because u gave me an infraction, its more that you give out infractions when u feel like it to poeple. I ask again, have you given out infractions for every insult anyone has ever given on this site? I didnt think so, but continue to ignore those things, they would not fit into your rants.

chief31
10-16-2010, 05:50 PM
You got it all figured out Barney. Great job, it amazes me that you can make a post that long and ignore everything I said to you. Im not claiming Mod abuse because u gave me an infraction, its more that you give out infractions when u feel like it to poeple. I ask again, have you given out infractions for every insult anyone has ever given on this site? I didnt think so, but continue to ignore those things, they would not fit into your rants.

Yes Fran. Every direct insult that I have seen has gotten an infraction from me for over a year now.

I dislike having to do it. I have never made a secret of that.

This is just more of you trying to invent reasons for it, instead of just acknowledging that it happened becaue you asked for it to happen.

Same old, same old.:efpge:

chief31
10-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Damn it!!!

I forgot to put that in PM!!

Canada
10-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I am done high-jacking this thread now. Anything more I have to say to :sFl_canada2: , I will say through PMs.

Oh OK

Yes Fran. Every direct insult that I have seen has gotten an infraction from me for over a year now.

I dislike having to do it. I have never made a secret of that.

This is just more of you trying to invent reasons for it, instead of just acknowledging that it happened becaue you asked for it to happen.

Same old, same old.:efpge:

Had to get one more shot in? At least you are a man of your word!!

Chiefster
10-17-2010, 01:28 AM
So, the Indy game was a victory because... :lol: