View Full Version : This trend tells me that Moeaki is going to have a BIG game

Ryfo18
10-13-2010, 09:27 AM
W1 - Dallas Clark: 11rec 80yds 1TD
W2 - Chris Cooley: 3rec 64yds 1TD
W3 - Jason Witten: 7rec 56yds
W4 - Zach Miller: 11rec 122yds 1TD
W5 - Kevin Boss: 4rec 40yds

This is how tight ends have fared against the Texans D. I think Moeaki can definitely have a huge day for the Chiefs.

Houston has given up the most passing yards (1672, the second worst Washington has only given up 1490) and the second most pass touchdowns (11). On the other hand, they've given up the 6th fewest rushing yards -- 398 in 5 games. I do think our running backs are talented to run on this team, but the passing game needs to step it up for us this game. Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Moeaki--everyone get involved!

Lazeye
10-13-2010, 11:57 AM
T. Moeaki: 12rec 140yds 2 TDS
D. Bowe: 3rec 34yds 2 drops

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
While I like the trend and definitely think it's a possibility that he has a big game, 4 out of 5 TE you have listed have Pro Bowl QB's throwing them the ball.

figcrostic
10-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Charles 89 rushing yards 67 receiving 2 td's

Big Daddy Tek
10-14-2010, 03:10 PM

This is how tight ends have fared against the Texans D. I think Moeaki can definitely have a huge day for the Chiefs.

Houston has given up the most passing yards (1672, the second worst Washington has only given up 1490) and the second most pass touchdowns (11). On the other hand, they've given up the 6th fewest rushing yards -- 398 in 5 games. I do think our running backs are talented to run on this team, but the passing game needs to step it up for us this game. Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Moeaki--everyone get involved!

Sweet Ryfo! When I write my next column about how Moeaki is going to have a big game against the Texans, you'll know that I totally jacked this idea from you. LOL.

Ryfo18
10-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Sweet Ryfo! When I write my next column about how Moeaki is going to have a big game against the Texans, you'll know that I totally jacked this idea from you. LOL.

Not a problem. When you write and recommend fantasy football starts/sits, I like to take notice of trends like this. Just so happened that this one involves one of our beloved Chiefs.

Seek
10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Ironic, wouldn't the TE be Bernarnd Pollards responsibility.

The Texans biggest weakness so far this year has been passes over the middle. They have been very good against the run.

Canada
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM

The Texans biggest weakness so far this year has been passes over the middle. They have been very good against the run.

Couldnt be, getting rid of Pollard was the one of the stupidest thing the Chiefs ever did!

Hayvern
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM

Interestingly enough, one of the strong safeties key points of coverage is against the run. In obvious passing downs his primary coverage would be a running back or tight end crossing the middle.

I think though, that what you are seeing is not so much a failure for Pollard as much as the linebackers. Tight ends are not really deep threats, they do not have the speed for that, they go head to head against linebackers in short and medium coverage areas.

Of course, I still have a man-crush on Pollard, so my opinions, while based in truth are biased.

:yahoo:

matthewschiefs
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I hope that Moeaki does have a big game and a big rest of the season seeing that I added him to my fantasy football team.

Seek
10-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Interestingly enough, one of the strong safeties key points of coverage is against the run. In obvious passing downs his primary coverage would be a running back or tight end crossing the middle.

I think though, that what you are seeing is not so much a failure for Pollard as much as the linebackers. Tight ends are not really deep threats, they do not have the speed for that, they go head to head against linebackers in short and medium coverage areas.

Of course, I still have a man-crush on Pollard, so my opinions, while based in truth are biased.

:yahoo:

One of the key points of being a SS, is typically lining up on the strong side, which is the side the TE usually goes. They do this because most teams tend to run to the TE side as there is an additional blocker.

The FS usually lines up on the weak side to cover the slot receiver in passing situations.

While there is responsibility of the line backers to help in coverage against the linebackers it is also the responbility of the SS as most TE try to find zone between the LB and Safety. Other wise the line backers would line up behind the safeties... Pollard was notoriously 5 yards behind the receiver and rarely contested a pass.

Pollard is very poor in pass coverage and was a reason he was cut. He constantly bit on the play action and it is no shock to me that teams throw to the TE, giving the Texans the 32nd ranked pass defense in the league. Pretty bad when they have an excellent pass rush.

I look to see the Chiefs coming out and trying to run, run, run, to set up the big play action pass. Pollard will bite.. He always did.

There is also the whiffed tackle. Charles could make Pollard look like a fool, or Pollard could make Charles fumble with a hard hit. We will see.

Coach
10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I hope Moeaki has a great day. He is our best receiver.

GlennBree
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM

THIS

figcrostic
10-15-2010, 02:35 PM

I'm with you I see him catching at least one td on sunday

figcrostic
10-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Couldnt be, getting rid of Pollard was the one of the stupidest thing the Chiefs ever did!

Couldn't have said it better myself, good thinking.:sFl_canada2:

Hayvern
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
One of the key points of being a SS, is typically lining up on the strong side, which is the side the TE usually goes. They do this because most teams tend to run to the TE side as there is an additional blocker.

The FS usually lines up on the weak side to cover the slot receiver in passing situations.

While there is responsibility of the line backers to help in coverage against the linebackers it is also the responbility of the SS as most TE try to find zone between the LB and Safety. Other wise the line backers would line up behind the safeties... Pollard was notoriously 5 yards behind the receiver and rarely contested a pass.

Pollard is very poor in pass coverage and was a reason he was cut. He constantly bit on the play action and it is no shock to me that teams throw to the TE, giving the Texans the 32nd ranked pass defense in the league. Pretty bad when they have an excellent pass rush.

I look to see the Chiefs coming out and trying to run, run, run, to set up the big play action pass. Pollard will bite.. He always did.

There is also the whiffed tackle. Charles could make Pollard look like a fool, or Pollard could make Charles fumble with a hard hit. We will see.

You are not wrong, the safety has a great many points to cover.

I think there is more to the release of Pollard than just his playing. I have been reading the articles lately about quotes from Haley and Pollard. I do believe they went head to head at one point, or maybe it was someone else in the organization.

I firmly believe that Pollard was released because of the hit on Brady the year before and because he mouthed off at practice at one of the coaches. His playing ability had an impact as well, but face it, this team was not over-flowing with talent at safety last year.

Seek
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
You are not wrong, the safety has a great many points to cover.

I think there is more to the release of Pollard than just his playing. I have been reading the articles lately about quotes from Haley and Pollard. I do believe they went head to head at one point, or maybe it was someone else in the organization.

I firmly believe that Pollard was released because of the hit on Brady the year before and because he mouthed off at practice at one of the coaches. His playing ability had an impact as well, but face it, this team was not over-flowing with talent at safety last year.

I don't know why he was cut, but I wasn't sad to see him go. We kept saying this is his break out year. Yet, after he was cut, it some how became the biggest mistake we made. He was a liability, but a heck of a special teams player.

Coach
10-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Being a big hitter doesn't make you a good safety. Last I checked texans have been getting destroyed by big pass plays. I've not watched a single texans game this year, so I can't say if pollard is responsible, but my guess is that he hasn't helped the cause. He led our team in tackles his last year, but that didn't mean he was a good safety. By the way our team finished last against the pass that year. Just sayin.

Back to moeaki, hopefully he's involved enough to slow down Cushing.

figcrostic
10-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Being a big hitter doesn't make you a good safety. Last I checked texans have been getting destroyed by big pass plays. I've not watched a single texans game this year, so I can't say if pollard is responsible, but my guess is that he hasn't helped the cause. He led our team in tackles his last year, but that didn't mean he was a good safety. By the way our team finished last against the pass that year. Just sayin.

Back to moeaki, hopefully he's involved enough to slow down Cushing.

Pollard stats 51 tackles 2 passes deflect in only 5 games. Those are pretty good numbers.

tornadospotter
10-16-2010, 12:03 AM

I believe! Moeaki, may very well have a big impact on this game, I also believe that a veteran, and a 2+ year player will make a impact. Berry gets his first interception.
Any questions how, I believe? Well the answer is simple.

70 chiefsfan70
10-16-2010, 10:12 AM

I couldn't agree more! He plays more intense and at a much higher level, he also is more reliable and is the man to get Cassel some confidence, He is (imo) the answer to beating the Texans, If we throw to him early, Texas will double coverage him and our run should over up and we will see JC get some 20 yard+ runs. Without his receptions they will stack the box and stuff our run, making a long drawn out loss!

Coach
10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Pollard stats 51 tackles 2 passes deflect in only 5 games. Those are pretty good numbers.

If your leading tackler is your safety that isn't a good sign. Not sure why everyone is in love with pollard. He's a liability and don't be surprised if weis runs a few play action pass plays at his side of the field.

Coach
10-16-2010, 02:41 PM

4 games and he has 3 receptions??? He needs to have a good game or he might get benched. Seriously.

chief31
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
If your leading tackler is your safety that isn't a good sign. Not sure why everyone is in love with pollard. He's a liability and don't be surprised if weis runs a few play action pass plays at his side of the field.

No love affair. Just thought that, with some coaching, he was well above the level of cutbait.

He has made quite a few big plays for The Texans, since we did cut him.

AussieChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah I love seeing moeaki play. I hope he has has a great game.

Chiefster
10-17-2010, 01:47 AM
No love affair. Just thought that, with some coaching, he was well above the level of cutbait.

Yeah, yeah; you just love him don't ya! DON'T YA!!!! :meow:

tornadospotter
10-17-2010, 02:21 AM

Yeah, yeah; you just love him don't ya! DON'T YA!!!! :meow:
:yahoo::plus1: :sign0087:

Canada
10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I have something to add. Where was Pollard on Sunday?

nigeriannightmare
10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
I have something to add. Where was Pollard on Sunday?

Getting flagged for a late hit on Mr. Jones.

Canada
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I have a Pollard jersey in my garage and I had to take it down and sit on it for the whole game!!

figcrostic
10-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Getting flagged for a late hit on Mr. Jones.

Pollard did more to help the Chiefs win then Berry for sure. Where was Berry at? Oh yeah on the ground while WR's were catching TD's. Thanks Berry you are really earning your pay!!

Canada
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, he has played in 5 NFL games now. He should have it al lfigured out.

Seek
10-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Pollard did more to help the Chiefs win then Berry for sure. Where was Berry at? Oh yeah on the ground while WR's were catching TD's. Thanks Berry you are really earning your pay!!

Where was the pass rush, where was Carr half the game. Where was the contain on the long TD run.

It was nice to Pollard whiff horribly on the Jones TD run. He looked much worse than Berry.

Ryfo18
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Ha, Pollard sure did a good job of limiting the Chiefs to only 228 rushing yards.

Big Daddy Tek
10-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, he has played in 5 NFL games now. He should have it al lfigured out.

LOL. Hilarious. Now I remember why I like your drunk a$$ so much.