PDA

View Full Version : Herm shines again.

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Q: Can you talk about their defense?

EDWARDS: “They’re big and strong up front and hard to run the ball against. That’s why they were fourth against the run last year, I think. I think they’ve only given up 67 or 76 yards a game running the ball. They’re big and strong and are good players.”

Q: What else do they do as a defense?

EDWARDS: “You’re not going to run the ball inside. They funnel it. You can forget about it. It takes two double-teams to get them out of there. One guy is not going to knock them off the ball.”

Q: Philosophically, knowing you’re going against a team that you know is strong against the run, are you a guy that says I don’t care, I’ll put my strength against their strength?

EDWARDS: “You still have to run the ball even though they’re very good inside. You still have to find ways to run the football. You can’t get discouraged running. Once you do that you become one-handed. That’s been our situation. We’ve been behind going into the third quarter. All of a sudden you look at the clock and you’re still behind it gets you out of the run game.

Q: Do you like the signal that sends to your team when you do that?

EDWARDS: “If you’ve got a good running back you always have to try and run the ball. Period. You have to run the ball. In this game if you get away from the run you get yourself in trouble. You might win some games but at the end you get into that elite field in the playoffs because you’re not going to win a lot of games not being able to run the ball or stop the run.

“You’d like to stay on the field. That’s the whole key to offense. If you can stay on the field that can wear down any defense. You try to wear them down eventually. Those runs that you’re only making two or three yards for in the middle of the third quarter and fourth quarter become 10 yard runs, eight yard runs later. That’s what you want. The only way you can do that is keep them on the field because one thing about big players is they get tired. That’s why you want to have a rotation system. That’s why we have a rotation system."

--

Good Lord, he says you can't run the ball inside on these guys. Then, he turns right around and says we need to run the ball. It looks like Herm isn't even thinking about exploiting his opponent's biggest weakness, which is pass defense.

He talks about being one-handed and then talks about how being down in the third quarter gets you out of Edwards' one-handed run game.

He wants to stay on the field but he doesn't want to balance the run and pass enough to get first downs and make this possible.

The reason we have been down in the third quarter is because the playcalling is so one-dimensional in the first half, it's anemic.

He wants to break off 8-10 yard runs in the fourth quarter. The only way to accomplish this is with a lead but his gameplan is so transparent, we can't score until we are forced to pass in order to try to mount a come back.

What an idiot.

hermhater
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh god, why?

Maybe since he doesn't have the internet he doesn't think other people do either.

I can't think of another reason he would say those things.

Oh wait, here's one: He sucks!

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I really wanted to have some faith in the guy when he came here. He seems like a good man with a solid moral base. Unfortunately his football coaching and strategy leaves much to be desired.

The part where he said, "All of a sudden you look at the clock and you’re still behind it gets you out of the run game," just proves to everybody his single-mindedness and validates all arguments against his gameplan and coaching strategy.

hermhater
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I really wanted to have some faith in the guy when he came here. He seems like a good man with a solid moral base. Unfortunately his football coaching and strategy leaves much to be desired.

The part where he said, "All of a sudden you look at the clock and you’re still behind it gets you out of the run game," just proves to everybody his single-mindedness and validates all arguments against his gameplan and coaching strategy.

Aren't NFL genius' supposed to know where the clock is every second?

I guess if you go 3 and out 7 times in a row, you're counting by punts, or what?

If this guy can't manage the clock, is he hoping the rest of the team will just do his job for him or what?

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
As stated before, many times: "He's an idiot!"

sling58
09-21-2007, 07:52 AM
As stated before, many times: "He's an idiot!"

What he said!

chief31
09-21-2007, 10:00 AM
"You have to run the ball. In this game if you get away from the run you get yourself in trouble. You might win some games but at the end you get into that elite field in the playoffs because you’re not going to win a lot of games not being able to run the ball or stop the run."

That would be nice. ^^^

wolfpack
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
this comment plus the drummand comment,the arnea football comment and his favorite "you play to win the game" comment shows he has no idea what he is talking about. this guy need to have a picture cutout of him at press conferences and have someone else voicing him in.

GoDJGoDJ
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I hear what you all are saying and I find Herm and Solari's game planning and play calling aggravating as well. It seems to me that the point he's trying to make here though is that you can't abandon the run altogether. When I hear him say "You still have to find ways to run the football." - I think he's saying that you have to keep mixing some runs in there or else the defense can just pin their ears back and kill the QB.

After the great offense we've enjoyed in the Vermeil/Saunders era - it's very hard to watch (or in my case listen to) the games and see how frustratingly stagnant the offense is. The upside is that the defense is starting to take the ball away and play much better. If the offense can just start moving the ball, even as well as they did last year we should start winning some games.

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
this comment plus the drummand comment,the arnea football comment and his favorite "you play to win the game" comment shows he has no idea what he is talking about. this guy need to have a picture cutout of him at press conferences and have someone else voicing him in.

I think that if we could somehow harness and redirect the electrical impulses occurring between Herm's synapses, we could toast some bread....lightly.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 06:55 AM
I think that if we could somehow harness and redirect the electrical impulses occurring between Herm's synapses, we could toast some bread....lightly.

Hmmm...Fantasyland, here even Herm Edwards has thought patterns. To your right you'll find Tomorrowland, where your NFL teams future dreams will someday come true. On the left you'll see Adventureland, which is what each and every special teams opportunity is displayed. Further to the left is Frontierland, the history and lore of yesteryear comes alive....

Chiefster
09-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Hmmm...Fantasyland, here even Herm Edwards has thought patterns. To your right you'll find Tomorrowland, where your NFL teams future dreams will someday come true. On the left you'll see Adventureland, which is what each and every special teams opportunity is displayed. Further to the left is Frontierland, the history and lore of yesteryear comes alive....

:lol::lol::lol:

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 05:42 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

I take my comedy seriously...:D

Chiefster
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I take my comedy seriously...:D

...And it shows! :bananen_smilies046: