PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe

Seek
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I am loving that mother f'er right now. Love the td celebration.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 02:29 PM
LOL I like this thread better then last weeks.

D Bowe THANK YOU for showing up keep it up in the 2nd half.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Playing GREAT!!! FINALLY. Fingers crossed that it continues beyond this game.

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
That TD celebration was priceless! Love it! He's been huge today, especially on 3rd down.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
means crap we lost!! close the thread

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Aweosme that he can joke like that...mad respect.

DieHardFan
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
that touch down celebration reminded me of a scene from The Replacements!

Hayvern
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM

That celebration showed everything that is wrong with Bowe. Until you can catch the way he did today every game, you do not have the right to celebrate and to act like you have sticky fingers, HAHAHAH that is the height of arrogance.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Yea Bowes celebration was a bit early..But I love the fact that he showed some attitude, thats something we are severly missing from our passing game.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
That celebration showed everything that is wrong with Bowe. Until you can catch the way he did today every game, you do not have the right to celebrate and to act like you have sticky fingers, HAHAHAH that is the height of arrogance.

I saw that differently. I think it was his way of saying sorry and to let all the people who have been criticizing him, like me, that he may have heard some our anticdotes for his stone hands.

I saw that as no way am I dropping another touchdown catch.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
that touch down celebration reminded me of a scene from The Replacements!

The first thing my brother said was "coach it looks like I just jerked off and elephant." we were all laughing

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM

dude you are a sore loser. everythings bull sh*t, no one can talk about what they want. Chill the f out.

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
dude you are a sore loser. everythings bull sh*t, no one can talk about what they want. Chill the f out.

Same guy that started the "God Bless our Chiefs, no negative posts in this thread" thread last week. I saw him say he was on beer #13, then talking about how he wasn't drunk.:toast2: :toast2: He'll wake up tomorrow and be like, yeah I was a little drunk.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Same guy that started the "God Bless our Chiefs, no negative posts in this thread" thread last week. I saw him say he was on beer #13, then talking about how he wasn't drunk.:toast2: :toast2: He'll wake up tomorrow and be like, yeah I was a little drunk.
:lol:

Connie Jo
10-17-2010, 10:39 PM

Oh, now, hahaha. It means something to me, hahaha. It means my faith in Bowe to evolve in to a top WR continues to be justified...even after his screw ups against the Colts. I feel better knowing my faith in Bowe isn't blind, lol. :D

Connie Jo
10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
I saw that differently. I think it was his way of saying sorry and to let all the people who have been criticizing him, like me, that he may have heard some our anticdotes for his stone hands.

I saw that as no way am I dropping another touchdown catch.

I agree. Bowe was a Facebook friend of mine, until he reached so many friends he announced he deleted his personal page & created a 'fan page' so to speak. His page was confirmed legit. He has a very deep faith in God, and weekly creates status' related to such. His spiritual status' often connect to his game. I can't remember his status after the Colts game, but it related to his not playing well, his humility. It was apparent to me as well, that the status also related to faith in himself, rebuild his confidence after the Colts game...that he could accomplish what he wants to as an NFL WR.

Had I been him after the humiliating Colts defeat, I'd been happy with myself playing as well as he did today also, lol.

Chiefster
10-18-2010, 12:01 AM
I have to admit that I was genuinely impressed with D-Bowe today; he actually caught the ball while being wide open.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I agree. Bowe was a Facebook friend of mine, until he reached so many friends he announced he deleted his personal page & created a 'fan page' so to speak. His page was confirmed legit. He has a very deep faith in God, and weekly creates status' related to such. His spiritual status' often connect to his game. I can't remember his status after the Colts game, but it related to his not playing well, his humility. It was apparent to me as well, that the status also related to faith in himself, rebuild his confidence after the Colts game...that he could accomplish what he wants to as an NFL WR.

Had I been him after the humiliating Colts defeat, I'd been happy with myself playing as well as he did today also, lol.

I have no doubt that Bowe is a great guy, but he still had no business celebrating after that catch today. I am sure he was pumped, but in my opinion, one good game out of so many bad ones does not give you the right to act like the Bowe Show is back on the field.

Maybe after December 1st if he continues to play well, but not yet.

:meow:

Chief4Ever&Ever
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
He had a great game! It was against a horrible secondary however. What he showed us is that he can play with the big boys, he can catch the ball and he can have a big impact! What we are all looking for is consistency, we need him to be the same Bowe every single game, not when he is playing a cupcake secondary! We need him to have the same performance every single game, Cassell needs to have enough confidence in him to go to him when he is in trouble. Bowe has talent and he showed it off, now show it in every game!!

Pro_Angler
10-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Bowe jumped into my arms after a game in SD a few years ago after we won. he was very cool, hall was cool, and TG was stuck up..

chief31
10-19-2010, 03:13 AM

I definitely thought his "celebration" was a form of making fun of himself, and a statement that he intends to "catch the damn ball" when he has the chance.

I find it quite difficult to believe that he is unaware of his problems with catching the ball.

I am positive that the coaching staff reminded him of that over the week leading up to this game.

Hayvern
10-19-2010, 01:13 PM
I definitely thought his "celebration" was a form of making fun of himself, and a statement that he intends to "catch the damn ball" when he has the chance.

I find it quite difficult to believe that he is unaware of his problems with catching the ball.

I am positive that the coaching staff reminded him of that over the week leading up to this game.

It's all good, I have a case of dump on Bowe right now and no matter what he does, he has to catch the ball consistently to get off of that for me.

So I am not about to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. We will see how he does in the coming weeks though.

Lazeye
10-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok I did last week say that I want us to trade Bowe, looks like the johnny on the job helped. I am still not convinced I want Bowe but if he continues to make improvements and turns into the player we thought we had then I may decide to change my mind but there is alot of season left, so will see. there are so many good comments about bowe its crazy (one game) my feelings are its about time not high five time!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok I did last week say that I want us to trade Bowe, looks like the johnny on the job helped. I am still not convinced I want Bowe but if he continues to make improvements and turns into the player we thought we had then I may decide to change my mind but there is alot of season left, so will see. there are so many good comments about bowe its crazy (one game) my feelings are its about time not high five time!
I could not agree more with that last sentence!:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-20-2010, 02:05 AM
It's all good, I have a case of dump on Bowe right now and no matter what he does, he has to catch the ball consistently to get off of that for me.

So I am not about to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. We will see how he does in the coming weeks though.

:lol:

Perfectly understandable.

OTR Chiefs fan
10-20-2010, 01:24 PM

I agree completely. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Anybody can have their one moment in the sun. But can you do it game in and game out? I think that's what all of us are looking for out of Bowe. :chiefs:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
He may get his chance to shut us up this week. Jacksonville's pass D is horrible! I think they may have given up the most TD passes in the league. (no research done)

Hayvern
10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
He may get his chance to shut us up this week. Jacksonville's pass D is horrible! I think they may have given up the most TD passes in the league. (no research done)

Jacksonville is 26th. Houston is the worse.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Jacksonville is 26th. Houston is the worse.
In TD's via the pass? No way Jacksonville is 26th. I think they are last in total TD's allowed and definitely much worse than 26th in passing TD's allowed. 30,31,32 im guessing. I'll have to look it up.

Ryfo18
10-20-2010, 03:43 PM
In TD's via the pass? No way Jacksonville is 26th. I think they are last in total TD's allowed and definitely much worse than 26th in passing TD's allowed. 30,31,32 im guessing. I'll have to look it up.

Jacksonville and Houston are both tied for worst with 14 pass TDs given up. Jacksonville would probably be worse, but Tennessee quit throwing the ball for the most part in the 2nd half and just ran the ball.

toyotapower
10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
The more confidence the passing game can get over the next few weeks, the better. Bowe will be a huge part of that

SIC J
10-20-2010, 05:24 PM
The more confidence the passing game can get over the next few weeks, the better. Bowe will be a huge part of that

I think since the Colts game they have already gained a huge amount of confidence in the passing game. They need to let loose one game though real soon. Problem is, since the running game is so dominant, they more than likely won't do that.

Canada
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Why let loose when we have the best rushing attack in the league? If you are really good at running the ball then run the ball, dont throw it.

Ryfo18
10-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Why let loose when we have the best rushing attack in the league? If you are really good at running the ball then run the ball, dont throw it.

Because when you have something good going, you should give up on it and air it out because that's funner to watch. :sign0094:

SIC J
10-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Because when you have something good going, you should give up on it and air it out because that's funner to watch. :sign0094:

Because when it came down to it, the lack of the passing game could've kept the Chiefs undefeated.

Ryfo18
10-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Because when it came down to it, the lack of the passing game could've kept the Chiefs undefeated.

That doesn't make sense though...you acknowledge that there our passing game is lacking, but you want to air it out anyways?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't think there is any need for a dramatic change in the way the offense is run. The defense is clearly the reason we lost that game last week and we are playing a similar team with a back up QB from what I am hearing. Remember, we put up 30 + points so I think for now our offense is just fine operating the way it is. Asking for too much could result in turn overs which is the #1 way to lose games.

SIC J
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
That doesn't make sense though...you acknowledge that there our passing game is lacking, but you want to air it out anyways?

Texans has the worst passing defenses in the NFL. Chiefs only put up 200 yards passing. If they need to put up points in a hurry, running the ball isn't gonna cut it. The Chiefs only have 10 passes for over 20+ yards and ONLY 2 for over 40+ yards. What I meant by "airing it out", was throwing the ball down field more often and opening the field up. If the Chiefs can open up a "REAL" passing threat, then the running game will also get a lot better. No team in the NFL is threatened by the Chiefs passing game. I'm afraid the other teams will figured out how to stop the Chiefs run, then they will be screwed.

I personally think the Chiefs have the potential to throw for big yardage games. They are just not trying to. You can't run the ball all game and then all of a sudden say "hey Cassel, we need you to drive down the field throwing the ball for 80+ yards when you've only thrown for 60 all game!"

SIC J
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't think there is any need for a dramatic change in the way the offense is run. The defense is clearly the reason we lost that game last week and we are playing a similar team with a back up QB from what I am hearing. Remember, we put up 30 + points so I think for now our offense is just fine operating the way it is. Asking for too much could result in turn overs which is the #1 way to lose games.

Cassel is playing smart football. He has the least amount of sacks and only 3 interceptions so far. HUGE improvement from last year. Not saying there needs to be a dramatic change, just more shots down field and make teams actually fear the passing game a lil bit.

Seek
10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Texans has the worst passing defenses in the NFL. Chiefs only put up 200 yards passing. If they need to put up points in a hurry, running the ball isn't gonna cut it. The Chiefs only have 10 passes for over 20+ yards and ONLY 2 for over 40+ yards. What I meant by "airing it out", was throwing the ball down field more often and opening the field up. If the Chiefs can open up a "REAL" passing threat, then the running game will also get a lot better. No team in the NFL is threatened by the Chiefs passing game. I'm afraid the other teams will figured out how to stop the Chiefs run, then they will be screwed.

I personally think the Chiefs have the potential to throw for big yardage games. They are just not trying to. You can't run the ball all game and then all of a sudden say "hey Cassel, we need you to drive down the field throwing the ball for 80+ yards when you've only thrown for 60 all game!"

I don't know anyone who says running the ball for 220 yards against the 5th rank run defense and top 5 offense isn't going to cut it. At no point this year has the Chiefs needed to put up point right away other than the second half of the 4th qtr in the INDY game.

the name of the game is gain more yards than your opponent and keep the ball as long as possible to limit their chances of scoring. You do that by running the ball.

The Chiefs had no problems converting 3rd downs this week to keep the chains moving using the pass. You run the ball to kill the clock. The Chiefs just needed one more first down and that game was good as over last week.

I would rather keep the offense the way it is instead of turning the ball over passing it every where.

Hayvern
10-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't know anyone who says running the ball for 220 yards against the 5th rank run defense and top 5 offense isn't going to cut it. At no point this year has the Chiefs needed to put up point right away other than the second half of the 4th qtr in the INDY game.

the name of the game is gain more yards than your opponent and keep the ball as long as possible to limit their chances of scoring. You do that by running the ball.

The Chiefs had no problems converting 3rd downs this week to keep the chains moving using the pass. You run the ball to kill the clock. The Chiefs just needed one more first down and that game was good as over last week.

I would rather keep the offense the way it is instead of turning the ball over passing it every where.

Seek Speak Truly!

SIC J
10-21-2010, 01:06 AM

Could've fooled me, I thought the name of the game was to score more points than the other team. haha

Sorry just a difference in opinion. I've watched WAY TOO MANY games where teams try that game plan only to have it bite them in the a$$ cuz the other team gets the ball last and wins with a final drive that takes them 1 minute to score a TD. Oh wait, that happened to the Chiefs last week!!!

And they did have a problem moving the ball on 3rd down their final drive. THATS why they lost the game. And it almost cost them the game against the Chargers.

chief31
10-21-2010, 01:28 AM

I agree. But I would like to know that we are capable of scoring in a hurry, when we need to.

Also....(Not to you, individually, DH)

When you factor-in the rushing yards (228) for the offense, against The Texans, I think any OC, or HC, would be happy to have an offense with 417 yards from scrimmage.

But I don't think we can count on 228 yards on the ground, regularly.

If we are unable to trust the defense, (hopefully, this week was a fluke) then we are going to frequently find ourselves in need of hurry-up points.

But, if we are going to be able to rely on our defense, as The Steelers, Ravens, or Jets do, then I would be ok with keeping the passing game on the back shelf.

As-is, I do prefer to see all aspects getting the experience needed for next season, and beyond.

SIC J
10-21-2010, 01:34 AM
I agree. But I would like to know that we are capable of scoring in a hurry, when we need to.

Also....(Not to you, individually, DH)

When you factor-in the rushing yards (228) for the offense, against The Texans, I think any OC, or HC, would be happy to have an offense with 417 yards from scrimmage.

But I don't think we can count on 228 yards on the ground, regularly.

If we are unable to trust the defense, (hopefully, this week was a fluke) then we are going to frequently find ourselves in need of hurry-up points.

But, if we are going to be able to rely on our defense, as The Steelers, Ravens, or Jets do, then I would be ok with keeping the passing game on the back shelf.

As-is, I do prefer to see all aspects getting the experience needed for next season, and beyond.

I agree. This is what I was the point I was trying to make.

I don't believe the Chiefs defense is at the level of the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets so they can't really rely on the defense to win games yet.

chief31
10-21-2010, 01:44 AM
I agree. This is what I was the point I was trying to make.

I don't believe the Chiefs defense is at the level of the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets so they can't really rely on the defense to win games yet.

Wouldn't mind, in the least, if our defense did become that dependable though. :D

Canada
10-21-2010, 08:02 AM
WE used ot have a quick stike offense in 2003 and it didnt get us anywhere. I think the reason they dont have Cassel out there airing the ball out is because he is still learning and the coachingstaff are bringing him along slowly. I know everyone wants to see up winning now (myself included) but we are winning (and staying in games) with the run and good defense while our QB learns to manage a game. I am sure that the plan is to eventually let Cassel tak the ball and go out and win us games, but we are not at that point yet. It will come but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cassel is being handled exacty as he should be.

Seek
10-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Could've fooled me, I thought the name of the game was to score more points than the other team. haha

Sorry just a difference in opinion. I've watched WAY TOO MANY games where teams try that game plan only to have it bite them in the a$$ cuz the other team gets the ball last and wins with a final drive that takes them 1 minute to score a TD. Oh wait, that happened to the Chiefs last week!!!

And they did have a problem moving the ball on 3rd down their final drive. THATS why they lost the game. And it almost cost them the game against the Chargers.

so, it is your opinion that the offense lost the game because of one drive, but the defense getting tourched had nothing to do with it.

I bet the percentages of a team losing with 220 rushing yards, passing for 200 yards, scored 31 points, controlled TOP with 33.28 to 26.32 and had no turn overs has to be very very low... You look at those stats and say it was the offense. What the F????. There is nothing about the offense that needed to be changed other than short yardage runs.. Not the bomb.

SIC J
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
so, it is your opinion that the offense lost the game because of one drive, but the defense getting tourched had nothing to do with it.

I bet the percentages of a team losing with 220 rushing yards, passing for 200 yards, scored 31 points, controlled TOP with 33.28 to 26.32 and had no turn overs has to be very very low... You look at those stats and say it was the offense. What the F????. There is nothing about the offense that needed to be changed other than short yardage runs.. Not the bomb.

Now go look at the number in the Chiefs vs Chargers or Chargers vs Raiders game......... Thats all I have to say about that subject.

And I'm not saying I'm not happy with what the Chiefs are doing. I think they are doing awesome and have a good chance of winning the division.

I'm not saying they need to go out there and do nothing but pass the ball. You either didn't read my other post or you're just not understanding them.

As stated before, the Chiefs defense isn't as good as teams like the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets. The Chiefs can not win close games by running the ball all the time. Its just not gonna happen. The field simply just needs to be opened up more. I think they did a lot better job against the Texans then the past games. But that lack of a passing game could've helped against the Colts (despite Bowe's dropped pass in the end zone).

Maybe I feel they are being a lil too conservative and could step out of their comfort zone just a lil bit. Or maybe its cuz I have a lil more faith in Cassel then most people do.

Hayvern
10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
WE used ot have a quick stike offense in 2003 and it didnt get us anywhere. I think the reason they dont have Cassel out there airing the ball out is because he is still learning and the coachingstaff are bringing him along slowly. I know everyone wants to see up winning now (myself included) but we are winning (and staying in games) with the run and good defense while our QB learns to manage a game. I am sure that the plan is to eventually let Cassel tak the ball and go out and win us games, but we are not at that point yet. It will come but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cassel is being handled exacty as he should be.

If I could have said it better myself, I would have!

Seek
10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Now go look at the number in the Chiefs vs Chargers or Chargers vs Raiders game......... Thats all I have to say about that subject.

And I'm not saying I'm not happy with what the Chiefs are doing. I think they are doing awesome and have a good chance of winning the division.

I'm not saying they need to go out there and do nothing but pass the ball. You either didn't read my other post or you're just not understanding them.

As stated before, the Chiefs defense isn't as good as teams like the Steelers, Ravens, or Jets. The Chiefs can not win close games by running the ball all the time. Its just not gonna happen. The field simply just needs to be opened up more. I think they did a lot better job against the Texans then the past games. But that lack of a passing game could've helped against the Colts (despite Bowe's dropped pass in the end zone).

Maybe I feel they are being a lil too conservative and could step out of their comfort zone just a lil bit. Or maybe its cuz I have a lil more faith in Cassel then most people do.

what you are asking for isn't realistic. Every team strives to do what you are asking. ONLY a few teams can do what you are asking. We just don't have the personel or experience as those teams do. That Starts with Cassel, the Wr, TE, and the o-line We couldn't even throw up a hail Mary without pressure on Cassel.

The offense is conservative because that is what they have to do to win games. If this team falls behind big at the beginning of a game. It is over. Haley and the coaching staff know that, which is why they open it up and allow for sacks, or incomplete passes. They have to play the way they did.

Regardless, the defense lost the game against Houston. Now, the offense lost the game against Indy.

matthewschiefs
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM

I have been on of the least hard on Cassel as I do think that they are bringing him along slowy as well. But I do think that we do need to open the offense up a little bit each week. I think we need to no by the end of this season if Matt Cassel is a long term QB in the NFL. I don't want to go into anther offseason wondering if he is the guy. If we are still trying to baby him along at the end of this season I think we have to bring someone in this next offseason.

Seek
10-21-2010, 12:42 PM

What am I looking for in the Charges games. They didn't put up 200 yards on us, and lost. They also have poor special teams and have turned the ball over. What is the similarities between our stats and those games????

All I can see supporting any argument is that the Chiefs and Raiders, didn't let them score on every posession in the second half.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I have been on of the least hard on Cassel as I do think that they are bringing him along slowy as well. But I do think that we do need to open the offense up a little bit each week. I think we need to no by the end of this season if Matt Cassel is a long term QB in the NFL. I don't want to go into anther offseason wondering if he is the guy. If we are still trying to baby him along at the end of this season I think we have to bring someone in this next offseason.
One of the lowest in regards to turn overs and we have as good or better record than we have had in years and we have only played 5 games yet people are calling for a new QB. I must be brain dead because this is the most assinine thing I have ever heard. Is he Peyton Manning? NO. Is he Jason Campbell? No. Derek Anderson? No. Bruce Gradkowski? No. Cassel is doing what he is being told to do. He is NOT LOSING games for us. The running game and defense has been winning games and last week he broke out and had a great game regardless of some saying "he wasn't clutch" and that's why we lost. What a crock!!!! He threw 3 fricken TD's! He isn't getting sacked as much which is a combination of him doing things differently and the O line playing better. He's a Pro Bowler remember? Won 11 games with a team in the NFL. He knows the game and in time will break out. Weis is bringing him along just fine. By the way, Weis is considered a fantastic OC so he knows what he has in Cassel good or bad and has played him accordingly.

matthewschiefs
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
One of the lowest in regards to turn overs and we have as good or better record than we have had in years and we have only played 5 games yet people are calling for a new QB. I must be brain dead because this is the most assinine thing I have ever heard. Is he Peyton Manning? NO. Is he Jason Campbell? No. Derek Anderson? No. Bruce Gradkowski? No. Cassel is doing what he is being told to do. He is NOT LOSING games for us. The running game and defense has been winning games and last week he broke out and had a great game regardless of some saying "he wasn't clutch" and that's why we lost. What a crock!!!! He threw 3 fricken TD's! He isn't getting sacked as much which is a combination of him doing things differently and the O line playing better. He's a Pro Bowler remember? Won 11 games with a team in the NFL. He knows the game and in time will break out. Weis is bringing him along just fine. By the way, Weis is considered a fantastic OC so he knows what he has in Cassel good or bad and has played him accordingly.

Cassel is not loseing games I have to agree But at the same time I have yet to see him go out and WIN a game. Something that you have to be able to rely on your QB to do. At some point the Running game is going to be shut down in a key part of the game and he is going to have to make a play. Something that I have not seen from him. He did his part for the most part last week to win that game but It was still one on the l side. I am not one that thinks that he is a huge part of the problem. But he has to show that he can make the big plays when we need him to.

Canada
10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Cassel is not loseing games I have to agree But at the same time I have yet to see him go out and WIN a game. Something that you have to be able to rely on your QB to do. At some point the Running game is going to be shut down in a key part of the game and he is going to have to make a play. Something that I have not seen from him. He did his part for the most part last week to win that game but It was still one on the l side. I am not one that thinks that he is a huge part of the problem. But he has to show that he can make the big plays when we need him to.

Baby steps. Its only week 5. You said you were OK with bringing him along slowly and that is what they are doing. I have seen impovements from Matt every week since the season started. No, its not in leaps and bounds, but we still have 11 games to go before we start our playoff run and he will be up to snuff by that point. One way or another I think we will have a pretty good idea of what we have in Cassel come the end of the season.

How do you figure that at some point the run game is gonna get shut down? Everyone has tried to stop us from running. We arent trying to surprise anyone, Houston has one of the best run defenses in the league and we put up 200 on them and told them ahead of time that we were gonna do it. I think we keep on running the ball at will and Cassel will figure out how to play QB with and NFL offense around him. I see a playoff win at the end of the season. After that...who knows... http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/10/26.jpg

Drunker Hillbilly
10-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Would I like him to have Plilip Rivers numbers? Yes. However, unlike you, I do think he has gone out and played well enough to win 2 games for us this season. SF we won and Houston, the D let the team down. A lot of people confuse a game winning drive with playing well enough to win the game when in reality if your QB goes out and throws 6 TD's and 1 pick in the games I mentioned, he has done MORE than enough to win the game.

matthewschiefs
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Baby steps. Its only week 5. You said you were OK with bringing him along slowly and that is what they are doing. I have seen impovements from Matt every week since the season started. No, its not in leaps and bounds, but we still have 11 games to go before we start our playoff run and he will be up to snuff by that point. One way or another I think we will have a pretty good idea of what we have in Cassel come the end of the season.

How do you figure that at some point the run game is gonna get shut down? Everyone has tried to stop us from running. We arent trying to surprise anyone, Houston has one of the best run defenses in the league and we put up 200 on them and told them ahead of time that we were gonna do it. I think we keep on running the ball at will and Cassel will figure out how to play QB with and NFL offense around him. I see a playoff win at the end of the season. After that...who knows... http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/10/26.jpg

It's just how the NFL is. A lot of us knew that at some point the offense would have to go out and win a game because the D was not going to shut down every offense. They were going to have an off game or two. It happens. It happend to the D last week. Likewise at some point at the end of a ball game some D is going to man up and make the passing game beat them weather it's they stack the box or the o line is not getting the job done or the runners have a bad game. It's most likely going to happen.

I am a fan of Cassel don't get me wrong. I have not seen him do anything this year to tell me that he will not be a good starter in the NFL. I would just like to no then when a ball game is on the line he can go out and make the play to WIN the game. Something that I have yet to see him do. It's something that I think that he can do but I just want to see it.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-21-2010, 02:50 PM
It's just how the NFL is. A lot of us knew that at some point the offense would have to go out and win a game because the D was not going to shut down every offense. They were going to have an off game or two. It happens. It happend to the D last week. Likewise at some point at the end of a ball game some D is going to man up and make the passing game beat them weather it's they stack the box or the o line is not getting the job done or the runners have a bad game. It's most likely going to happen.

I am a fan of Cassel don't get me wrong. I have not seen him do anything this year to tell me that he will not be a good starter in the NFL. I would just like to no then when a ball game is on the line he can go out and make the play to WIN the game. Something that I have yet to see him do. It's something that I think that he can do but I just want to see it.

It's just how the NFL is eh? I think these guys would disagree....all of which are in the top 15 in rushing.

Adrian Perterson/ His QB's rank- 28th
McFadden / His QB's rank- 29th or 30th
S. Jackson/ His QB's rank- 30th
C. Benson/ His QB's rank- 25th
MJD/ His QB's rank- 19th

Jamaal Charles is number 8 on the rushing list. There are several more and while I do understand what you are saying, I think we are capable of winning as we are right now. Teams are already stacking the box against us. Still we have the #8 rusher in the league. Again, if we push Cassel to much and get him out of the comfort zone that he seems to be in right now, he will turn the ball over and we will lose. I'm still just so perplexed at people wanting to change the way we are playing in regards to the QB position. 3 fricken wins through 5 games people and we were in the 2 losses!!!!!!!

What the hell do I know, maybe you guys are right. Maybe we should play Mike Martz football and chuck it up 50 times a game. Why do I think some of you would be *****ing about us not running the ball enough????:yahoo:

matthewschiefs
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM
It's just how the NFL is eh? I think these guys would disagree....all of which are in the top 15 in rushing.

Adrian Perterson/ His QB's rank- 28th
McFadden / His QB's rank- 29th or 30th
S. Jackson/ His QB's rank- 30th
C. Benson/ His QB's rank- 25th
MJD/ His QB's rank- 19th

Jamaal Charles is number 8 on the rushing list. There are several more and while I do understand what you are saying, I think we are capable of winning as we are right now. Teams are already stacking the box against us. Still we have the #8 rusher in the league. Again, if we push Cassel to much and get him out of the comfort zone that he seems to be in right now, he will turn the ball over and we will lose. I'm still just so perplexed at people wanting to change the way we are playing in regards to the QB position. 3 fricken wins through 5 games people and we were in the 2 losses!!!!!!!

What the hell do I know, maybe you guys are right. Maybe we should play Mike Martz football and chuck it up 50 times a game. Why do I think some of you would be *****ing about us not running the ball enough????:yahoo:

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying that the running game is going to get shut down for good. Or that it will even let up. What I am saying is that at some point late in some game some D is going to step up and make us beat them through the passing game. It happens to every team sometime. I think that Cassel CAN do that I just will feel much better about that when I see him do it. I am not down on Cassel at all it's just something that I have not seen him do late in a close ball game to date. But the good thing is I think he will get lots of chances to do that this season. We are going to be in ball games late I look forward to seeing what he can do then.

Hayvern
10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not saying that the running game is going to get shut down for good. Or that it will even let up. What I am saying is that at some point late in some game some D is going to step up and make us beat them through the passing game. It happens to every team sometime. I think that Cassel CAN do that I just will feel much better about that when I see him do it. I am not down on Cassel at all it's just something that I have not seen him do late in a close ball game to date. But the good thing is I think he will get lots of chances to do that this season. We are going to be in ball games late I look forward to seeing what he can do then.

Yeah and we are likely to lose a few more games too. Big deal. Yeah, I agree Cassel is not the guy that is going to single handedly win the game for us regularly.

But how many QBs can do that?
Brees- yeah
Manning - Yeah
Brady - yeah
Rivers? - No he has tried and failed.

Here is the deal, Brees, Brady and Manning can hurt you no matter who is on the receiving end of the football. All the other QBs in this league have to have talent on the other end of the ball to get a win, it is that simple.

Cassel has the talent around him, if he does not make mistakes, which he hasn't, then he is going to be able to keep us in games.

SIC J
10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
What am I looking for in the Charges games. They didn't put up 200 yards on us, and lost. They also have poor special teams and have turned the ball over. What is the similarities between our stats and those games????

All I can see supporting any argument is that the Chiefs and Raiders, didn't let them score on every posession in the second half.

Total yardage and TOP.

I almost forgot about the Chargers loss to the Seahawks.

The stats are just as bad. All 3 of those games were UGLY wins for each team. And you're more than likely going to lose the next time you put up numbers like that.

But whatever, I'm over discussing it with you cuz you're never going to understand the point I'm trying to make cuz you simply don't agree or don't want to.

My opinion stands as I simply believe that the running game is only good enough to get you to the playoffs and it ends there. Chiefs need a better passing game to go further than the 1st round. And YES, I believe the Chiefs win the division and make the playoffs.

With strong run game and weak passing game, what are the Chiefs going to do if they fall behind by 10+ points? Cuz running the ball and killing the clock isn't gonna do crap but lose the game.

Ryfo18
10-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah and we are likely to lose a few more games too. Big deal. Yeah, I agree Cassel is not the guy that is going to single handedly win the game for us regularly.

Brees- yeah
Manning - Yeah
Brady - yeah

Here is the deal, Brees, Brady and Manning can hurt you no matter who is on the receiving end of the football. All the other QBs in this league have to have talent on the other end of the ball to get a win, it is that simple.

Cassel has the talent around him, if he does not make mistakes, which he hasn't, then he is going to be able to keep us in games.

This is as awesome post! :postpimp4ib:

Chiefster
10-22-2010, 07:10 AM

Brees- yeah
Manning - Yeah
Brady - yeah

Quoted for truth!

Seek
10-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Total yardage and TOP.

My opinion stands as I simply believe that the running game is only good enough to get you to the playoffs and it ends there. Chiefs need a better passing game to go further than the 1st round. And YES, I believe the Chiefs win the division and make the playoffs.

With strong run game and weak passing game, what are the Chiefs going to do if they fall behind by 10+ points? Cuz running the ball and killing the clock isn't gonna do crap but lose the game.

No I agree with you 100% on this. I just didn't agree with some statements you were making in efforts to support this. Your right though, I didn't read all you post. I jumped in when you tried blaming this loss on the offense failing to score when we needed it too.

That is all over, time to improve and move on to Jacksonville so when we make the play offs, our offense is mor experienced and ready to try and be the team we all want them to be.