PDA

View Full Version : Screw you Refs

Three7s
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Never before have I seen the refs, single-handedly, cause a loss. The holding on Hali that wasn't called on the TD run, the RIDICULOUS pass interference on Flowers, when he was CLEARLY pushed. You gotta be kidding me.

I think I missed another one, but I'm so fumed right now that I can't remember it! Just unbelievable.

Sn@keIze
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
The refs did suck *** in this game.

But our D still gave the refs a chance to fvck it up.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM
That PI has me pissed as well. It was a horrible call given to a superstar player. It hurt this team. Not to mention how the refs seemed to miss a 300 pound linebacker in the nutral zone when the chiefs were going for it on 4th down. The refs hurt the chiefs in this game

That being said our D let down in the 2nd half that we can't blame on the refs and is something we have to address.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM
refs didnt do it we did!!!!!!! get over it, we sucked at stoping them!!!!!!!!! Crennel sucked as a DC calling plays the whole game!!!!!!!!!

Three7s
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
That PI has me pissed as well. It was a horrible call given to a superstar player. It hurt this team. Not to mention how the refs seemed to miss a 300 pound linebacker in the nutral zone when the chiefs were going for it on 4th down. The refs hurt the chiefs in this game

That being said our D let down in the 2nd half that we can't blame on the refs and is something we have to address.
That's the 3rd one I was thinking of.

Angler get off the bandwagon, jesus christ. Right now you go off complaining, and then tomorrow you're gonna spam the boards saying LOLOL EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND STOP TROLLING! Pick a side and stick to it.

Fastphilly
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
refs didnt do it we did!!!!!!! get over it, we sucked at stoping them!!!!!!!!! Crennel sucked as a DC calling plays the whole game!!!!!!!!!

The refs were just as much responsible for this loss as was the poor play of our defence...PERIOD..Answer me this question, does a bad PI call on the final drive of the game seriously effect our chances of closing out the game?

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
The refs were just as much responsible for this loss as was the poor play of our defence...PERIOD..Answer me this question, does a bad PI call on the final drive of the game seriously effect our chances of closing out the game?

member since 08 93 posts... slow your roll!!!!!!!!! :beat_DeadHorse:

dont even go there!!

THE REFS DID CRAP TO BEAT US WE HAD 60 MINUTES SO QUIT YOUR :ninerssuck:

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Never before have I seen the refs, single-handedly, cause a loss. The holding on Hali that wasn't called on the TD run, the RIDICULOUS pass interference on Flowers, when he was CLEARLY pushed. You gotta be kidding me.

I think I missed another one, but I'm so fumed right now that I can't remember it! Just unbelievable.

Hali was being held all day.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Hali sucked today point blank..excuses are like &^$$ holes everyone has one...

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
penalty didnt mean crap he made a 31 yd catch..we blew it not the refs

figcrostic
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Wow you get angry when you drink!!

Fastphilly
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Your doing great post whore..You just added another three when you could have made all three points in one post:postwhore5fw:

Three7s
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
You do realize that he PUSHED FLOWERS away from him so he could MAKE that catch? Do I need to spell it out for you?

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM

but if flowers didnt get pushed he COULD have made a play to stop the catch he was robbed of a chance to make a play. thats what that call did.

but you are right we did blow it but that call hurt us.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM

Smoke a joint, drink a beer, do whatever you need to relax, hell yeah the defense screwed up but it hurts so bad when the refs dont help out. Houston had lost two in a row at home they weren't gonna lose a third.

I didnt make an excuse but Hali was held on numerous plays and thats just a fact, the blown PI is just a fact, us giving up a 40 yard td to derrick ward is a fact those aren't excuses dude. We lost get the f**k over it and let people vent, no need to act high and mighty.

hometeam
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
the refs did suck. we should have won the game.

but, we where in a position to lose as well.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
shoulda coulda woulda..we had 60 minutes to stop em and couldnt

Three7s
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
the refs did suck. we should have won the game.

but, we where in a position to lose as well.
You know, all week I was looking at this game and was scared to death. The Texans are a better offense than the Colts and the Chargers. Explosive receivers, one of the best young RBs in the game, and Schaub isn't half bad either.

I knew the Texans defense sucked and that it would be a scoring contest. In those kind of games, one or two big plays that go your way decide it. Ding ding.

Could the defense have played better? Maybe, but I think the Texans can score on anybody. Yes, they laid an egg against the Cowboys and Giants, and that's because they put pressure on Schaub. If there was a game to blitz, it was this one and we didn't.

DieHardFan
10-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Pro Angler is anything but high and mighty he is a drunk ***. I am furiously pissed about this game. I have had plenty to drink myself! Although I did not concede this game in the first half!

Drunk Angler needs to just go to bed when he concedes!

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
im not drunk at all!!! I am a realist///go ahead keep trying to blame someone else for our failures... i guess you just do that with everything in your life dont you??

Drunker Hillbilly
10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
im not drunk at all!!! I am a realist///go ahead keep trying to blame someone else for our failures... i guess you just do that with everything in your life dont you??
Is it me or do all of your posts look like...

Blah Blah Blah, Blah blah blah blah blah!

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Regardless, the 31 yard pass interference call didn't cause the loss. The D still had to step up and get a stop. They didn't.

HTexRyan
10-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, looking at this from a Texans' fans perspective, the whole first half and part of the 2nd half you guys were getting calls that made everyone in the stadium lose their minds, including myself. That pass interference call on your first drive was far from interference or anything close. It seemed as if Dwayne Bowe had trapped that catch at the end of the first half, and that was also very debateable.

But not wanting to get in an argument with anybody over this, the point being is that the referreeing in this game was completely atrocious on both sides, probably one of the worst games i've seen of that sort in a while.

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Well, looking at this from a Texans' fans perspective, the whole first half and part of the 2nd half you guys were getting calls that made everyone in the stadium lose their minds, including myself. That pass interference call on your first drive was far from interference or anything close. It seemed as if Dwayne Bowe had trapped that catch at the end of the first half, and that was also very debateable.

But not wanting to get in an argument with anybody over this, the point being is that the referreeing in this game was completely atrocious on both sides, probably one of the worst games i've seen of that sort in a while.

You're absolutely right...great game, we'll see you in the playoffs.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Funny to listen to the crew on Football Night In America talk about how atrociuos the call on Flowers was. The replay CLEARLY shows Johnson pushing off!

rinkleroot
10-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm a Colts fan and want to say you guys got ****** , no wonder it was the Ron Winters crew. I know how you guys feel, its disgusting how the nfl allows this **** and maybe the bookie's have something to do with the outcome of these games.

You guys have a great team and should make the playoffs this year despite getting ****** by the refs today.

DieHardFan
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I am not sure about the funny part...yet. I knew I was not blind!

AkChief49
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Funny to listen to the crew on Football Night In America talk about how atrociuos the call on Flowers was. The replay CLEARLY shows Johnson pushing off!
yeah I just seen that replay....a bad call but heck, we were 10 points ahead in the 4th quarter. Really no excuse for that. Just my opinion. They're a good team and at home. It was like our D let their foot off of the gas. four straight TD drives!!!ouch.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM

There was more interference on that call than the one that went against 24, and on the trapped ball they really got a close zoom on cbs and his hands and fingers were under the ball, indisputable evidence you know. Had that been called incomplete it wouldn't have been overturned either.

needless to say that offense of yours is pretty damn good, talk about balance.

Ryfo18
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah I just seen that replay....a bad call but heck, we were 10 points ahead in the 4th quarter. Really no excuse for that. Just my opinion. They're a good team and at home. It was like our D let their foot off of the gas. four straight TD drives!!!ouch.

Yep, tough to win when the D gives up 28 second half points. Holding one of those drives to a FG at least gets us to OT.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Yep, tough to win when the D gives up 28 second half points. Holding one of those drives to a FG at least gets us to OT.

They put up a stat that houston leads the league in 4th quarter points, i was just thinking thanks for sticking that little tidbit up there.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 01:27 AM
I just finally got to watch the last of the game. You guys complaining about the refs, you have no argument. maybe that was a blown call, maybe not, either way, we had other chances to stop these guys and we failed.

Think about 3rd and 10 and we let them get 11. How about letting Shaub stand in the backfield and wait until a guy gets open in the end zone? We can't get one guy in there to put some pressure on him?

Oh and how about Cassel messing up two routine throws that would have extended our time with the ball between Houston scoring drives? Throw behind Bowe and over throw a wide open Horne?

No, we lost our minds in the 4th quarter, both the defense and offense got outplayed in the last 9 minutes of the game. The referee had very little part in the game, but it's easier to get mad at the refs than realize that we got our butts handed to us.

Better luck next week!

captainamerica
10-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't understand how anyone can possibly argue that bad calls didn't have an effect on this game, when it was a game that was extremely close and was decided by only 4 points (which were scored during the last few seconds of the game). Poor officiating directly effected this game. If the refs wouldn't have called that bogus false start penalty when we were going for it on 4th and would've instead made the proper call (which was defensive neutral zone infraction) we would've gotten a 1st down and could've possibly scored on that drive. That directly changed the outcome of the game in my opinion.

If the ref would've made the right call on the PI and penalized the offense, that would've set them up in a 2nd and long or 3rd and long (I forget which down it was) situation and would've greatly increased the chances of us stopping them or at least holding them to a FG. That poor call directly effected the game. I don't see how that can even be debated. We had to not only play a great team in the Texans during this game, but we also had to play against the refs. Those odds against a team like the Texans in their stadium aren't very good. Anyway you look at it, the refs should be ashamed of theirselves. We were robbed!

Three7s
10-18-2010, 03:10 AM
I just finally got to watch the last of the game. You guys complaining about the refs, you have no argument. maybe that was a blown call, maybe not, either way, we had other chances to stop these guys and we failed.

Think about 3rd and 10 and we let them get 11. How about letting Shaub stand in the backfield and wait until a guy gets open in the end zone? We can't get one guy in there to put some pressure on him?

Oh and how about Cassel messing up two routine throws that would have extended our time with the ball between Houston scoring drives? Throw behind Bowe and over throw a wide open Horne?

No, we lost our minds in the 4th quarter, both the defense and offense got outplayed in the last 9 minutes of the game. The referee had very little part in the game, but it's easier to get mad at the refs than realize that we got our butts handed to us.

Better luck next week!
It's called the Texans have a good offense. I fully expected this to be a hard game on the defense and it was. If you give Schaub time, it doesn't matter if you have 20 defensive backs, he'll hit the open guy. I didn't see us blitz a lot, but I think we should've.

And I'm as big of Cassel hater as there is, but you absolutely can't put ANY blame on him. I'm not even going to listen to that argument. In the end, we faced a Texan team with a killer offense, and we couldn't stop them. The same thing happened to the Colts.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 03:14 AM
It's called the Texans have a good offense. I fully expected this to be a hard game on the defense and it was. If you give Schaub time, it doesn't matter if you have 20 defensive backs, he'll hit the open guy. I didn't see us blitz a lot, but I think we should've.

And I'm as big of Cassel hater as there is, but you absolutely can't put ANY blame on him. I'm not even going to listen to that argument. In the end, we faced a Texan team with a killer offense, and we couldn't stop them. The same thing happened to the Colts.

I am not down on Cassel for the loss, we all know what we have in him, I think he played one heck of a good game today.

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2010, 03:57 AM

Nuff Said :(

Ryfo18
10-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't understand how anyone can possibly argue that bad calls didn't have an effect on this game, when it was a game that was extremely close and was decided by only 4 points (which were scored during the last few seconds of the game). Poor officiating directly effected this game. If the refs wouldn't have called that bogus false start penalty when we were going for it on 4th and would've instead made the proper call (which was defensive neutral zone infraction) we would've gotten a 1st down and could've possibly scored on that drive. That directly changed the outcome of the game in my opinion.

If the ref would've made the right call on the PI and penalized the offense, that would've set them up in a 2nd and long or 3rd and long (I forget which down it was) situation and would've greatly increased the chances of us stopping them or at least holding them to a FG. That poor call directly effected the game. I don't see how that can even be debated. We had to not only play a great team in the Texans during this game, but we also had to play against the refs. Those odds against a team like the Texans in their stadium aren't very good. Anyway you look at it, the refs should be ashamed of theirselves. We were robbed!

How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.

nigeriannightmare
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.

It was brandon albert not htat it matters.

melted ice
10-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Didn't get a chance to see the game(thankfully), but you can't blame the refs when our defense gives up 35 points. We aren't going to win many games giving up that many points.

Ryfo18
10-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Didn't get a chance to see the game(thankfully), but you can't blame the refs when our defense gives up 35 points. We aren't going to win many games giving up that many points.

You're right, I knew it was #76 and for some reason Waters popped into my head. But I agree with you, 28 second half points!! What the hell?

Canada
10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
How could you not see that Waters moved first on that false start penalty? They showed it like 5 times.Yup :bananen_smilies046:

Chief4Ever&Ever
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Chiefs D decided they didn't want to play anymore. Are you kidding me!?!! Last four possessions, 4 TD's come on! The offense did their part to give us a chance to win, and the D screwed it up! Horrible last half by our D, there were bad calls, there always has been and always will be. A good team finds a way to win no matter what, a team that can do some damage finds a way to win the game! Our team found a way to lose the game! I would have liked to see us go for it on 4th on that last possession, I think we could have made it, then we could have run time off the clock and we wouldn't be talking about the refs, we would have been talking about a great win for our team! Winners find a way to win, losers find a way to lose and that's what we did. We found a way to lose, bottom line! Now we need to focus on the Jags, if we can take these next 2 games, we go to Oakland and Denver with some momentum.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't say we found a way to lose. Finding ways to lose means doing things like turning the ball over or committing stupid penalties.

AkChief49
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
just to put a little more gas on the fire....from Clark Judges 5 things he does not like from week 6- (2. "Sorry, there is no way that wasn't offensive pass interference on Andre Johnson on the Texans' game-winning drive. Instead, officials called the penalty on Kansas City cornerback Brandon Flowers, whom Johnson pushed to make a 31-yard reception. Huh? You gotta be kidding. Somewhere, Carl Johnson, the league's head of officiating, is preparing a letter of apology to Haley."

matthewschiefs
10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
just to put a little more gas on the fire....from Clark Judges 5 things he does not like from week 6- (2. "Sorry, there is no way that wasn't offensive pass interference on Andre Johnson on the Texans' game-winning drive. Instead, officials called the penalty on Kansas City cornerback Brandon Flowers, whom Johnson pushed to make a 31-yard reception. Huh? You gotta be kidding. Somewhere, Carl Johnson, the league's head of officiating, is preparing a letter of apology to Haley."

I would not be surprised at all if they did send that letter of apolgy. I just wish we could have seen if flowers could have made a play on the ball had he not been pushed. While we still had our chances to win and blew them ourselfs I will wonder all week if Flowers could have made a play.

AkChief49
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I would not be surprised at all if they did send that letter of apolgy. I just wish we could have seen if flowers could have made a play on the ball had he not been pushed. While we still had our chances to win and blew them ourselfs I will wonder all week if Flowers could have made a play.
yeah, I'll bet also they will not show this game on NFL replay either. Because of this call and the fact that the Cowgirls lost by three.
It looked like to me that Flowers was in good position to make the play. He was in tight and had his head turned to the ball. Kind of hard to make a play when you get shoved out of the way like that. But I also agree that we should have won this game regardless of that play. It's just a blatant bad call that sticks in my craw!!

chiefnut
10-18-2010, 12:06 PM
i did not see the game yet, i followed it play by on nfl.com game tracker. i did notice hali was not credited with a tackle or assist all game. i thought he may have been hurt.

bwilliams
10-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Agreed. Just abysmal reffing this game.

Coach
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Officiating didn't help us, but in mind the playcalling at thend of of the game was atrocious. Most importantly, the defense lost this game. Give the other team some credit though, they have an explosive offense. But when you defense gives up 35 points you aren't going to win many games.
The defense won us the first 3 games, they lost us this one. I can live with that ratio. This team is still headed in the right direction. They need a win this weekend against Jax. 4-2 with a two game lead in the division would be very nice.

Pro_Angler
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I blame our front 3 on D. they had almost zero pressure the whole game, and crennel should have seen that and brought some LB's, but didnt.. All on the D The offense looked the best it had in years.

SIC J
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Everyone but the official said it was offensive pass interference on Johnson. Someone else told me they were talking about it on Sports Center last night. Complete blown call and at the worst time.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I blame our front 3 on D. they had almost zero pressure the whole game, and crennel should have seen that and brought some LB's, but didnt.. All on the D The offense looked the best it had in years.
I agree, the only chance you stop Schaub is with pressure. You could have 20 defenders back there and he'll still hit the open guy.

I'm not saying blitz on every play, just make him feel uncomfortable! Oh well....

brdempsey69
10-19-2010, 12:10 AM

It wasn't Waters, it was Albert that flinched just enough to get called for false start on the 4th down play. The ref broadcasted the wrong guy.

Three7s
10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
It wasn't Waters, it was Albert that flinched just enough to get called for false start on the 4th down play. The ref broadcasted the wrong guy.
I've heard so many arguments on that call that it's getting irritating. The first one is that the Texans guy jumped before Albert and Waters, which wasn't the case.

The second one is that one of the Texans seemed to line up in the neutral zone, which caused Albert to flinch a little, since that's what you're coached to do. Haley hinted as much in his press conference, but to know for sure, I'd have to see the play.

Sn@keIze
10-19-2010, 12:15 AM
This is true. The pass rush was inadequate.

But the refs didnt mind not calling holding it seems.

Fastphilly
10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
The pass rush did flush Shaub out of the pocket..The problem is thats where he did most of the damage..If you look at the game in the late 3rd into the fourth he was consistantly having to buy time moving out and that was just enough time for his receivers to get open...Especially their TE..He was so open I don't know who got burned.:beat_DeadHorse:

chief31
10-19-2010, 02:38 AM

Better luck next week!

The difference that the refs made is obvious.

If that call is made correctly, Time runs off of the clock, and the field is longer for The Texans.

The whole game, from that point on, is very different.

Part of that 35 points is questionable because of that call.

I hate saying that refs cost any game. And I am not saying that.

The Chiefs needed to go ahead and win the game, regardless of that play. I blame The Chiefs for the outcome.

But it was a horrible mistake. And gave one team an unfair advantage.