PDA

View Full Version : How about a postive thread about the Houston Game?

#58ChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
We lost. It sucked. I get that.

Cassel 20/29 201 YDS 3 TD 0 INT

Bowe didn't blow the show and finally had a 100 yard game finishing 6 for 108 with 2 TD.

We won the T-O-P by 7 minutes.

5 penalties for 35 yards.

0 fumbles and 0 ints

It was a game where two teams were trying to show they were ready for the next level. Houston is about a year ahead of where we are right now, so what. There is still 11 games left to play and this game will light a fire under our defense.

The fact the offense showed major improvement is a good thing. I am FAR LESS concerned about the defense bouncing back. We know our defense is ahead of the offense, we have a two game home stand coming up. Don't give up on these guys yet. :chiefs:

DieHardFan
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
It was a good game. I wish it would have been a different outcome! I would be happy if our offense kept up like this week. I expect that is a ways off yet.

stricken721
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Still the best team in the AFC West! :chiefs:

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree despite the loss there is some good things that came out of that game.

If our passing game can do that every week that will help our already good running game. Now it's up to them to show they can do it every week.

THe D ok you had a bad day. Now step it up and make sure not to repete it. Find out what went wrong and fix it. Something That I don't think will be a major issue. But now they have to show it was just one bad day and not something that is going to be a long term problem for this team.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Yea we defenetly did the job that should have been good enough on offense.
Flowers had a great game and carr made some darn good plays as well..

I loved the superman dive DJ made where he actually landed on his feet.
We are young, but hopefully our D and DC will learn from this..

#58ChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Of all the coaches/coordinators we have in place I have the most faith in Romeo to correct the mistakes.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Of all the coaches/coordinators we have in place I have the most faith in Romeo to correct the mistakes.

As do I. I think this will at the end of the season be just one bad day.

Three7s
10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
One thing I noticed was that Washington was getting picked on a ton. He was in because Kendrick Lewis sat out with injury.

While our offense producing like this is a positive, I had a feeling we would because the Texans defense is just terrible. If there is anything positive, it's the running game again. The Texans had proved that they could stop it, and we ran it right through them.

Fastphilly
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
It's kind of hard to be positive when the only aspect of our team that has been consistant completely disintegrates..

#58ChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Andre Johnson is a true #1 reciever, this Texans team layed the wood to the Colts, the fact we showed we can go toe to toe with them should bode well if we make the post season.

Whoever makes the playoffs is going to have to beat one of those two teams. We had a chance to win both these games on the road with a squad that has not been together many games.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Andre Johnson is a true #1 reciever, this Texans team layed the wood to the Colts, the fact we showed we can go toe to toe with them should bode well if we make the post season.

Whoever makes the playoffs is going to have to beat one of those two teams. We had a chance to win both these games on the road with a squad that has not been together many games.

I think if you would have asked a lot of us on here if we would take a 3-2 start a lot of us would say yes. we are still in 1st so this one is not anything that will kill our season. It is one that slipped away.

Three7s
10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I think if you would have asked a lot of us on here if we would take a 3-2 start a lot of us would say yes. we are still in 1st so this one is not anything that will kill our season. It is one that slipped away.
Now the Chargers are 2-4! I'm worried about the Rams though.......

#58ChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Now the Chargers are 2-4! I'm worried about the Rams though.......

I have to admit I bought tickets to that game under the impression it would be an easy win for us. Looks like it may shape up to be a tough matchup.

Chiefster
10-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Haley himself said, a few days ago, that the Texans are a couple of years ahead of us.

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 02:39 AM
You know here is the deal. If this team continues to play as good as they have been, and I think we will, then we have a legitimate shot. We are still more consistent than any of the other AFC west teams and we should be able to play our rivals well enough to win the division.

Then we have to win in the playoffs. That gets a little more interesting, but we have shown that we can play well with two very good teams. I think we can beat Indy and Houston, this team is good, we have what it takes to win, I am excited, I think we have some things to work on, but the Chiefs are back.

SIC J
10-18-2010, 02:51 AM
You know here is the deal. If this team continues to play as good as they have been, and I think we will, then we have a legitimate shot. We are still more consistent than any of the other AFC west teams and we should be able to play our rivals well enough to win the division.

Then we have to win in the playoffs. That gets a little more interesting, but we have shown that we can play well with two very good teams. I think we can beat Indy and Houston, this team is good, we have what it takes to win, I am excited, I think we have some things to work on, but the Chiefs are back.

If they beat the teams in the AFC West, they win the division, GUARANTEED!!!

Even with the 2 losses, I think the Chiefs are a threat!!!

mejohnm
10-18-2010, 02:55 AM
I shall, and will always be, a CHIEFS fan!!!

Team is a threat!

captainamerica
10-18-2010, 03:47 AM
We lost to the Colts and Texans, but I'd consider them favorites over every other team in our division as well. I expect the Colts and Texans to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos as well. So were not really that bad off. If we were going to lose to 2 teams, I'm glad it was the Colts and Texans and not a team we were expected to beat. I just hope were able to keep winning the games were supposed to, because we have an easy schedule and a 2 game lead in the West. In my opinion the division is ours to lose.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 04:13 AM
We lost to the Colts and Texans, but I'd consider them favorites over every other team in our division as well. I expect the Colts and Texans to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos as well. So were not really that bad off. If we were going to lose to 2 teams, I'm glad it was the Colts and Texans and not a team we were expected to beat. I just hope were able to keep winning the games were supposed to, because we have an easy schedule and a 2 game lead in the West. In my opinion the division is ours to lose.
In the back of my mind, that worries me too. Please don't lay an egg against a team like the Jaguars. Yes, I know they have an okay record, but it's misleading.

AkChief49
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM

I agree. We are ahead of schedule in my opinion. This is just the 2nd year under new management and we've gone up , not down. It's just two losses, not going to win them all. I'd say the offense did some tweaking and played darn good, defense.....just needed one stop or two. Texas has a darn good offense folks, and we were playing in their sand box. It stings, but bring on the Jags!

matthewschiefs
10-18-2010, 12:41 PM

I think the Colts and texans beat at least the donkeys and faiders. The bolts might sneak in one of the two. They are a better team then what they have played so far. They have dug themselfs a deeper hole then normal that might be a huge help to us. Yesterday showed that we are not yet a team that can put a whole team effort but I think we are getting closer to being a great team every week.

We are through the hardest part of the scedual. The Jags are proabley the best non confrance team that we have left to play. Maybe the Seahawks as well. I can't wait till next week to see arrowhead rocking again. :chiefs:

Canada
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I think the Colts and texans beat at least the donkeys and faiders. The bolts might sneak in one of the two. They are a better team then what they have played so far. They have dug themselfs a deeper hole then normal that might be a huge help to us. Yesterday showed that we are not yet a team that can put a whole team effort but I think we are getting closer to being a great team every week.

We are through the hardest part of the scedual. The Jags are proabley the best non confrance team that we have left to play. Maybe the Seahawks as well. I can't wait till next week to see arrowhead rocking again. :chiefs:

Im starting to wonder if they are. BaKC to baKC losses to Oak and STL?? They might really stink!! :boltssuck:

chiefnut
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Still the best team in the AFC West! :chiefs:

that's the best thing to take away from this game, we maintained our lead since sd,oak,den all lost as well.:yahoo:

Ryfo18
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
that's the best thing to take away from this game, we maintained our lead since sd,oak,den all lost as well.:yahoo:

Really wish we were building on that lead, especially when SD goes on their trademark end of the season tear. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

okikcfan
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
San Diego lost A. Gates and that is a big loss for them against the NE pats next Sunday. Our Offense played really well and our Defense really dropped the ball and showed everyone a serious weekness. Jacksonville will be a must win in my book because the Donks take on the Faiders at Mile High so at least one afc west team will walk away a winner next week.....

Canada
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Really wish we were building on that lead, especially when SD goes on their trademark end of the season tear. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

Who cares, we will be on one of our own!!

Ryfo18
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Who cares, we will be on one of our own!!

I love the enthusiasm, and totally agree that we will. I just hate going all week after a loss, so I have to be Debbie Downer.

The good news is that I will be in attendance this Sunday, so there's no way the Chiefs lose.:chiefs:

OTR Chiefs fan
10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
The loss to Houston is one of those games the Chiefs will look back on and said we should have won. But it's one of those losses that I thought this team would experience this season due to being young and inexperienced. The main thing is I'm seeing improvement every week with this team. To play the Colts and Texans as well as we did, two teams that are ahead of us right now at this point, is very encouraging and ahead of schedule in my opinion. We have a very good chance to win the division this season, something I didn't think would happen until next season. So, kudos to the staff and the team for putting the Chiefs on the path of excellence and bringing the Chiefs back into prominence where they belong. :chiefs:

Hayvern
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
The good news is that I will be in attendance this Sunday, so there's no way the Chiefs lose.:chiefs:

We will hold you to that!

Pro_Angler
10-18-2010, 10:47 PM
yea we very easily could have won both the last 2 games. Young team learning from thier mistakes. I see great things to come sooner rather then later..It was just 2 hard pills to swallow the last 2 weeks..
hopefully the players arent as down as most of us are..

chief31
10-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Im starting to wonder if they are. BaKC to baKC losses to Oak and STL?? They might really stink!! :boltssuck:

Agreed.

I think Denver is our biggest competition this season.

The Chiefs are currently, without a doubt, the team to beat in The AFC Weast.

And I really think that Denver is showing alot more than San Diego.

Plus, with a victory over The Chargers already, they become less of a threat to us.

Fortunately, The Broncos have shown a complete lack of a running game.

At this point, I feel like anything less than a playoff berth would be a disapointment for The Chiefs.

So I am starting to look at potential playoff opponents. :D

:chiefs:

chiefnut
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
remember before this season most of us would have been thrilled w/8 wins after what we suffered thru the last 3 seasons, now we look good enuf to win our division and where the playoffs would have been wishful thinking now looms as a real possibility. this is the most excited i have been about our team since the DV era.

Canada
10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
remember before this season most of us would have been thrilled w/8 wins after what we suffered thru the last 3 seasons, now we look good enuf to win our division and where the playoffs would have been wishful thinking now looms as a real possibility. this is the most excited i have been about our team since the DV era.

I hear ya, I am actually more excited than I was in the DV era just because this is only the beginning. Give it a year or two and we should be a dominant team in the league. I think that the balance on this team shows that we are going to be built to last. DV was done once the gas was out of that high powered offense with no thought of the future. This team will be talked about for years to come!!

josh1971
10-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I didn't get to see that game, but glanced at the stats- did Hali not play?

It might have made a significant difference if Tamba and Tyson were both gone.

Three7s
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I didn't get to see that game, but glanced at the stats- did Hali not play?

It might have made a significant difference if Tamba and Tyson were both gone.
He played and did nothing. Some say he was held all game.

Seek
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Here is a positive from the Houston Game. The Texans were ranked 5th in run defense, but 32nd in pass. We went in there knowing it, and most of us thought the game would come down to Cassel. It wasn't. The offense torched the Texans for 220+ rushing yards.

We knew their strength, and ran the ball anyway. That was impressive.

The loss really stings, but knowing that we had that game won, means this team is a competitive play off team. Both last weeks and this weeks games would have been won in Arrowhead. I am sure of it.

We can't win them all, but at least we showed we could win those games.

Seek
10-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I actually have no complaint right now. I saw things from Bowe and Cassel that has me believing the future is not all lost. They just need to get consistent, but I think it was pretty obvious both Bowe and Cassel worked together a lot last week.

The defense struggled but Houston's offense is just that good.