PDA

View Full Version : PLAYOFF forecasting: Who's on the right path

ArmchairReport
10-19-2010, 02:29 AM
So our Chiefs didn't do as well. I think we're doing a lot better than you might think. Here is a good thought at: Wouldn’t You Want That Game Back? | Armchair Report (http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/10/18/game)

Complete rankings at: Who’s Making The Playoffs?: Chances | Armchair Report (http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/10/19/making-playoffs-chances)

Six weeks done and we have some separation within the league. But anyone who is paying attention sees this season as one of more parity than ever before. We’ve written about how parity is good for the league and suffering defeats make the wins that much more sweet. So for many teams this is going to be as sweet as honey coated strawberries. Others its turning a little tart.

Gainers: The Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, and Philadelphia Eagles all made big gains to jump into the playoff mix. Other notable gainers but still on the outside looking in are the Minnesota Vikings and Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins schedule is a little tougher than the Vikings so the edge goes to the Vikings but the Dolphins are having more games go their way.

Slipping: These teams slipped this week. The biggest surprise was the Indianapolis Colts but the change is less to do with them and more their competition. They are still right in the mix and it is early but the AFC is a tough beast. In fact I would not be surprised if an 8-8 team made the playoffs from the NFC. I’m not saying, but I’m just saying. The San Diego Chargers seem to have everything in their favor except the ability to make friends with the letter W. Tampa Bay Buccanneers and Washington Redskins fell also. I personally think the Redskins are playing much better ball than last year.

AussieChiefsFan
10-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Playoffs here we come!

ArmchairReport
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
This is such a better year and I can't believe how well Cassel did. 20/29, 201 yards and count them 3 touchdowns. We shouldn't have lost to the Texans. We gave the game away. That being said we can compete with anyone.

Chiefster
10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Way too early to be thinking play-offs.

KristofLaw
10-20-2010, 05:37 PM
The Bills at 5% looks kind of high. I see 7 maybe 8 of those teams in the playoffs..... it's a long way off though.

Thanks for the stats.

Chiefster
10-20-2010, 07:00 PM
YouTube - Playoffs??? The Sound Byte