PDA

View Full Version : headed to arrowhead 1st time

cardiactgaters
10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
hello we from houston and are making a trip to arrowhead stadium nov 21st to see the Chiefs kick some birds butt:chiefs:

question what should i expect the weather to be like how cold , snow ??

2nd how much is it to tailgate where do you pay at ??
thank you :punk:

stricken721
10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
hello we from houston and are making a trip to arrowhead stadium nov 21st to see the Chiefs kick some birds butt:chiefs:

I'll be there for that game too. It's usually 22 bucks to get into the parking lot and you pay at the entrances to the stadium. Expect it to be pretty cold.. 40's - 50's probably. More than likely no snow.

Also, I'm a Houstonian as well so welcome to the Crowd! :bananen_smilies046:

cardiactgaters
10-24-2010, 02:19 PM
thank you

cardiactgaters
10-24-2010, 06:33 PM
:chiefs3: hi there fellow tailgaters :punk: if you like you can find me on facebook cardiac tailgaters or www.cardiactailgaters.webs.com (http://www.cardiactailgaters.webs.com)

:2bang9hj: :toast2: :yahoo:

RusLwt001
10-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I live in Georgia and was just in Houston two weeks ago for the game! I was the one in the Chiefs Shirt! Ha! There were a bunch of Chiefs fans at that game! I too will be going to Arrowhead for my first time for the Denver butt kicking in December. October begins to turn cold, windy. Dress accordingly. Have fun and Go Chiefs! When at the Chiefs Texans game I saw a young lady actually wearing a full Indian Chief head dress! So absolutely cool.

C Louie
10-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I am 31 and been a Chiefs fan in Canada most of my life. My wife and I went to Arrowhead for the first time in week 1 against SD. It was Amazing!! I had a great time despite the rain. You don't see sports venues like that up here.:sFl_canada2:

chiefnut
10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
you will have the most bestest time ever!!!! i have made it only once and it was totally awesome...i can't wait to see the new ARROWHEAD although it won't be this year i'm already planing for next season.

jdmc
10-28-2010, 01:00 PM
You never know it could be freezing cold or mild in the 50's. Watch the weather and remember you always take it off if you have it. It took my daughter to a Monday night game in Nov. a couple years back it was in the upper 50's on Sat. and below zero wind chills no Mon. night. That's the mid-west late fall weather. Have a great time.

jdmc
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
BTW I always pick up a Red Parking Pass on craigslist or ebay. Nothing against cash parking but wild partying fans are up in the Red lot.

Connie Jo
10-31-2010, 01:18 AM
I plan on being at all home games this season!! Tailgating with Stricken when he's there, hahaha. GO CHIEFS!!!

I agree...there is no way to know for sure what the weather will be like in Kansas City during November or December. I've been to games during both months it's been as warm as 60's in the afternoon, other times zero, and it can freezing drizzle or snow either month. We've had snow here Columbus Day in early October, though it doesn't stick.

There was an early December game against the Bronco's a few yrs ago...kickoff was at 3 PM and it was +12 NOT factoring windchill...by the time the sun went down it was below 0, with windchill the announcer's said it was minus 15!! That was the coldest I've ever been at Arrowhead. I knew to expect it, had on 3 pairs of socks & my feet were still frozen!

I usually don't buy a Red Reserve parking pass, as they tend to be pricey for my restricted budget. However, if I arrive at Arrowhead when gates open I'm able to park up front near the stadium entrance in Lot A...which is right next to Lot B Red Reserve. The tailgating is throughout the stadium lots, but as jdmc said, many of the more famous or infamous (LOL) tailgaters do seem to be in Lot's A &/or B.

Y'all keep checking back at Chiefs Crowd, because there are times when we have enough member interest for a game in particular, we will attempt to organize a Chiefs Crowd tailgate gathering. Tailgate plans & discussions are typically in the "Locker Room" forum of Chiefs Crowd website. We are the best of the best Chiefs fans on the internet!! YEEHAW!! GO CHIEFS!!!

:chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
10-31-2010, 02:58 AM
First time at Arrowhead should be awesome!

cardiactgaters
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
thank you all :bananen_smilies046:

chiefnut
11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
we stayed at the Drury Inn which is directly across the hiway from the stadium and depending on where your room is you can stare at ARROWHEAD all night [like i did] the night before. game morning the halls and lobby are full of CHIEFS fans in full dress, and a few of the other guys to, but you get to make your own waffles from batter that are really pretty good.

Connie Jo
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
We are planning a tailgate for the game at Arrowhead against the Cardinals on the 21st. If you are interested in joining us...our discussion currently is in the Locker Room forum under a thread started by member Hometeam last week, related to last Sunday's game. The thread has evolved into a discussion now related to tailgating on the 21st. :)

cardiactgaters
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
we will keep checking in cant wait to go to arrowhead !!! got my kc jacket this past sat !!!!! from ebay LETS GO CHIEFS !!!!!! :chiefs:

cardiactgaters
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
:yahoo: count down to kc !!!! leaving next fri cant wait :bananen_smilies046: :chiefs: GO CHIEFS !!!:punk: BEAT THE BIRDS :beat_DeadHorse: hope to meet and hang out with some kc tailgaters there !!! as i would like to make some cardiactailgaters food !! deep fried oreos and deep fried pop tarts !!! :chiefs2: