PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game

Three7s
10-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, I know we haven't faced great defenses, but I think this offense can score on anyone. I would love to see a little bit more of a mix up in run and pass plays, but overall, the Chiefs can certainly put up some points.

As for the defense, the LBs and the safeties have got to get it together. I know DJ had the pick 6 and Berry had the pick to seal the game, but they were getting thrown on over the middle of the field regularly. The defensive line and corners were pretty good.

Crennel has got to start working with the safeties and LBs in coverage specific plays because TEs burning us over the middle is getting old.

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I really want to see the frikin corners jam recievers for one..especially on blitz plays.. that is killing us!!!!!!

stricken721
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I was glad to see we can keep a legitimate rushing threat under 50 yards. That's always a good thing.

SIC J
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
They played AWESOME!!! A couple 3rd down plays that I thought were dumb as hell and I think they should've kicked the FG. But other than that, I think Cassel great! I have more and more faith in him every game.

Oh and the officials need to open their damn eyes!!!!

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM
yea, we made a lot of mistakes thats for sure, but we werent playing the colta or houston..
Our ST coverage two weeks in a row now has been bad.
Weve gave up too many pass play's.
We ran the ball very well and passes in 2nd half good again.

matthewschiefs
10-24-2010, 05:00 PM
This game has me excited.

Last week the D blew the game late and could not stop the Texans. Today they took the game over in the 2nd half. DJs pick 6 changed this football game. The Jags were not the same after that.

The offense 2 weeks in a row has looked good. That is all the more reason to be excited about this football team.

honda522
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Berry got a pick. So nice.....

Refs are worse than last week I think.

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Well done Chiefs :)

matthewschiefs
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Berry got a pick. So nice.....

Refs are worse than last week I think.

They were. But the good thing is the Chiefs did not let it beat them this week. :chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
They were. But the good thing is the Chiefs did not let it beat them this week. :chiefs:
Yep. And still won by 22 points! :chiefs:

rodu
10-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Cassel's QB eff is at 91% right now for the season

Sick Dog
10-24-2010, 08:30 PM
In spite of these horrible calls against Flowers and Carr Haley keeps his cool and says they are the best. I hope they hear his quotes and the Chiefs get some calls their way that is 2 weeks in a row but this week never cost them.:chiefs:

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I wonder why pretty much every play can be reviewed except major game changing penalties? I think that PI calls and defensive holding calls should be reviewable. ATLEAST pi CALLS

Coach
10-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Those were blatantly bad pass interference calls that made this game much closer than it should have been in the 3rd quarter.

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 08:41 PM
im seeing the same thing around the league!! everyone is so frikin scared to say anything about it to the press in fear of fines and suspensions. This league is slowly becoming a joke how it is ran.

iratefan
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
im seeing the same thing around the league!! everyone is so frikin scared to say anything about it to the press in fear of fines and suspensions. This league is slowly becoming a joke how it is ran.

I guess you mean the players are too scared? that would make sense. maybe some of these irritated coaches could possibly speak out. Haley was clearly fumed. As for the game - We looked pretty lax down field on 3rd downs and long shot throws. Watching 3rd n 7 go for a 20 + yard pass is rather unacceptable. ST is becoming rather irritating to watch as well. Short kickoffs and lazy efforts to get downfield are leading to big returns. need to be more aggressive on the punt/kick return. Also on that note, weve had no real break away returns since week 1 - is this a blocking issue? because it appears theres a swarm of jerseys on arenas every time. Id also like to see more of a clever offensive mixup in play calls, utilizing more play action, more passing downfield in general. Our running game is great, but when teams shut down the run (colts?) we have zero pass confidence to help throw those teams off balance to open the run back open again. The 3rd and 5 Draw play was a great call and well executed. the run-run-run when it was 4th and feet near the goal line in first quarter was hard to watch. Still im glad to see the game they played today and it gives me hope for next week that we can come back as a team that shouldnt be written off afterall (no more spotlight after week 3 and 4).

Coach
10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
The jags d-line played better than I was expecting it to. Charlie Weis' playcalling is pissing me off. You skip athe field goal when it would have made it a 2-possession game? I like the creativity and the plays. But the timing of those plays is horrendous. It didn't cost us this week so I will continue to drink and be merry!:toast2:

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
yea iratefan both players and coaches are so conditioned not to open mouth, cause the league will ad have dropped the hammer.

SIC J
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
yea iratefan both players and coaches are so conditioned not to open mouth, cause the league will ad have dropped the hammer.

Exactly. They know if they say anything, they're gonna get fined. I think its complete BS.

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
my favorite post that I saw in denver forum after game was
" I cant talk or think right now, I am too busy cleaning up beer cans and objects that were thrown"

I LOL at that

Three7s
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
The jags d-line played better than I was expecting it to. Charlie Weis' playcalling is pissing me off. You skip athe field goal when it would have made it a 2-possession game? I like the creativity and the plays. But the timing of those plays is horrendous. It didn't cost us this week so I will continue to drink and be merry!:toast2:
I don't think that was Weis' call, I'm pretty sure it was all Haley. That said, I didn't like the call either.

Hayvern
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't think that was Weis' call, I'm pretty sure it was all Haley. That said, I didn't like the call either.

The worse call of the day? How about calling a timeout on 3rd and 6 and then coming back on the field with some lameass run play that went for three yards.

Is that seriously the best call you could come up with after calling a timeout?

whatwasthat?
10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
romeo works his halftime magic again...on the postgame show on 810 i think they said the chiefs gave up 94 total yds in the 2nd half?

Chiefster
10-25-2010, 01:32 AM

...This! we were fortunate.

Three7s
10-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Proof that it was Haley's call. Not trying to start anything, I just don't want to see a guy get grilled for something that he shouldn't have even had to call a play for.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/24/1771897/chiefs-coach-todd-haley-players-talk-about-4th-down-call#storyjump

nigeriannightmare
10-25-2010, 08:51 AM
They played AWESOME!!! A couple 3rd down plays that I thought were dumb as hell and I think they should've kicked the FG. But other than that, I think Cassel great! I have more and more faith in him every game.

Oh and the officials need to open their damn eyes!!!!

Running jones off tackle on 3rd and l ong was just a wtf...but man mccluster is fun to watch that guy refuses to go down love watching him. ..but as mentioned earlier getting burned by tight ends week in week out is getting old!

ArmchairReport
10-25-2010, 09:40 AM
We have to have the best rushing offense in the game right now!

Canada
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
We have to have the best rushing offense in the game right now!We did before the game but 224 will surely put some space between us and #2!! :bananen_smilies046:

BigChiefTablet
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Regarding the decision to go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking the field goal.

I am convinced Succop was injured. Haley wouldn't comment on it, but then he wouldn't, would he. I was at the game. Every single kick-off was low with no hang-time and they were a little on the short side as well. It cost us some big returns.

It is also the only logical reason not to try that kick. After the game, they asked Haley specifically if Succop was injured, and he was very elusive in his answer, only allowing that at this point in the season, that everyone was dinged up a little bit.

SIC J
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Regarding the decision to go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking the field goal.

I am convinced Succop was injured. Haley wouldn't comment on it, but then he wouldn't, would he. I was at the game. Every single kick-off was low with no hang-time and they were a little on the short side as well. It cost us some big returns.

It is also the only logical reason not to try that kick. After the game, they asked Haley specifically if Succop was injured, and he was very elusive in his answer, only allowing that at this point in the season, that everyone was dinged up a little bit.

That would make sense. I did notice his kickoffs were short as hell every time.

Pro_Angler
10-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Yea it went back 2 weks ago with the pooch kick offs..

47% of challenged calls this season have been overturned. This tells me the refs are doing a crappy job!! and some of the ones not overturned they just say not enough evidence, so in reality probably 55-60% of the calls they make are wrong. PI is not as drastic, but i still say 25-30% of calls are wrong.

chief31
10-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I wonder why pretty much every play can be reviewed except major game changing penalties? I think that PI calls and defensive holding calls should be reviewable. ATLEAST pi CALLS

Any penalty that includes such a price as "automatic first down" as part of the penalty should definitely be taken more seriously.

Stumplifter
10-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Exactly. They know if they say anything, they're gonna get fined. I think its complete BS.

Childress just spoke his mind about the Vikes/Packers ref's on Sunday night and it cost him $35K ...