PDA

View Full Version : Parcells to KC??

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Scout.com: The Parcells Possibility (http://kan.scout.com/2/1013523.html)

Speculation, but wont surprise me at all..

stricken721
10-24-2010, 10:50 PM

I don't fully understand why he would come here. This team is headed in the right direction, the right personnel is in place, what more is there to do in that area? I guess he would just be a guy who evaluated talent.

Pro_Angler
10-24-2010, 10:56 PM
exactly stricken... thats my thoughts as well..

SIC J
10-24-2010, 11:05 PM
This would be awesome!

Hayvern
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
This would be awesome!

Explain why? He has not done anything remarkeable in Miami, in fact this year the Dolphins I would argue are not nearly as good as even the Rams.

So why is this a good idea, and I just don't see how this old goat would ever want to be subordinate to his son in law, who would ever want to be in that position?

I think he will go somewhere, perhaps St Louis, or Chicago maybe? I don't see him coming here, nor do I think we really need him.

#58ChiefsFan
10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Parcells is going to end up in Dallas or San Diego after this year.

Hayvern
10-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Parcells is going to end up in Dallas or San Diego after this year.

I am pretty sure he is NOT going to Dallas, he's been there and done that and Jones has had some very not-so-nice things to say about him in the past. As much as Jones acts like George Steinbrenner, Bill Parcells is NOT like Billy Martin. He will not go back there.

He might go to San Diego, but I highly doubt that too. I don't think Parcells will want to go to a team that puts him in direct competition week in and week out with his son-in-law.

I find both of those being long shots.

tornadospotter
10-25-2010, 12:32 AM
I would have to say yes, Parcells is probably coming to Kansas City, I will even go out on a limb and say he has already, come to KC. What parent would not come visit there Kids and Grandkids?

SIC J
10-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Explain why? He has not done anything remarkeable in Miami, in fact this year the Dolphins I would argue are not nearly as good as even the Rams.

So why is this a good idea, and I just don't see how this old goat would ever want to be subordinate to his son in law, who would ever want to be in that position?

I think he will go somewhere, perhaps St Louis, or Chicago maybe? I don't see him coming here, nor do I think we really need him.

Parcells has experience and knowledge. He knows the game. He does have SB wins. I think he wants a less work but wants to be part of an organization that has a future. I simply believe that he can help improve the team.

Anything that can help the Chiefs improve, I'm for. Fact is, the Chiefs are still a long ways from where they want to be.

nigeriannightmare
10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I would have to say yes, Parcells is probably coming to Kansas City, I will even go out on a limb and say he has already, come to KC. What parent would not come visit there Kids and Grandkids?

Would be a good reason to move here and he can consult on the side....

nigeriannightmare
10-25-2010, 09:12 AM

Pretty sure the dolphins were 1-15 before he got there and they won the afc east or were a wild card the following year....

Seek
10-25-2010, 09:22 AM
This rumor is about a year old now and pretty silly.

I don't think Parcels in interested in coaching any more.

figcrostic
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM

Don't want him/Don't need him. I like our coaches.

matthewschiefs
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't see any reason why The Chiefs would bring him in. This is just a rumor that will never happen. I don't even see what he would bring to the football team.

KristofLaw
10-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Interesting. The link doesn't have anything to do with him coming in to coach. If that's his wish, he'll likely go elsewhere.

Chiefs General Manager, Scott Pioli’s influence on the Chiefs is now undeniably powerful. Parcells has reportedly told those closest to him that he is willing to join a team possibly later to help them prepare for the 2011 NFL Draft.

further down the article...

Parcells may not be the guy who takes the title as team president, but he’s definitely in the running to become a figurehead for this Chiefs franchise.

Speculation but interesting none-the-less.

Hunt will want to gather as much brain and brawn as possible, and look for the Chiefs to make a shot at Parcells if not immediately but before the beginning of the 2011 season.

Mr. Hunt has gathered together a group of experienced personel with a tradition of winning. They also have been tied together at various points of their careers. This may not be such an outlandish idea.

We do seem to be one of the better fits as a possible destination for him.

Pro_Angler
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I think Clark wants to win and will get in anyone who he thinks will help.

AkChief49
10-28-2010, 05:52 PM
too many cooks spoil the soup!

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Would be a good reason to move here and he can consult on the side....

My thoughts exactly too!! He's getting older, might prefer a lighter duty coaching role. Also likely he wants to be closer to his family, now living in KC. If the Chiefs continue on the road forward successfully, his family will be here for a long stretch...as looks to be the case currently. If moving to KC to be near family...it would be convenient for the Chiefs to add him to the staff. Heck, his salary may not be what matters to him most, & negotiable.

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I think Clark wants to win and will get in anyone who he thinks will help.

I think you're 100% correct!! :D

too many cooks spoil the soup!

Very true most times, however, these men are already accustom to working together as a team in one way or another. I don't think Parcells, if added to the Chiefs payroll...will hinder the efforts of those already in place, rather think his role would be more of an assistant or advisor role.

texaschief
10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I think Bill Parcells is a natural fit as President of this franchise. There's nobody else who naturally fits in that position with this particular group of coaches and front office people better.

I know very few of you know anything about the Texas Rangers. But Jon Daniels is the GM and did an amazing job building that team and that farm system. Nolan Ryan was brought in to be the personality and figure head of that franchise and he's all you see or hear about. Getting Parcells as the face of this franchise will get attention off Pioli and Haley and allow them to do what they need to do while giving the public and press a respectable focal point on which to direct undue scrutiny and accolade.

Nolan Ryan is to the Texas Rangers

as

Bill Parcells would be to the Kansas City Chiefs

In my opinion he's one of the best personnel and player evaluators in the game and can only help the scouting department. It's not like you're bringing in someone who has just focused on scouting for and building a 4-3 defense or a spread offense. Everyone in that front office and coaching staff are ALL on the same page. There is a clear direction in which they see this team going and Parcells will only help in the effort.

For those who don't think Parcells would be a good fit in this position, let me ask a question: who would be a better fit?

I think the author of the article is right. The pieces DO seem to be falling into place almost too perfectly.

pbatrucker
10-29-2010, 04:13 AM
I think Bill Parcells is a natural fit as President of this franchise. There's nobody else who naturally fits in that position with this particular group of coaches and front office people better.

I know very few of you know anything about the Texas Rangers. But Jon Daniels is the GM and did an amazing job building that team and that farm system. Nolan Ryan was brought in to be the personality and figure head of that franchise and he's all you see or hear about. Getting Parcells as the face of this franchise will get attention off Pioli and Haley and allow them to do what they need to do while giving the public and press a respectable focal point on which to direct undue scrutiny and accolade.

Nolan Ryan is to the Texas Rangers

as

Bill Parcells would be to the Kansas City Chiefs

In my opinion he's one of the best personnel and player evaluators in the game and can only help the scouting department. It's not like you're bringing in someone who has just focused on scouting for and building a 4-3 defense or a spread offense. Everyone in that front office and coaching staff are ALL on the same page. There is a clear direction in which they see this team going and Parcells will only help in the effort.

For those who don't think Parcells would be a good fit in this position, let me ask a question: who would be a better fit?

I think the author of the article is right. The pieces DO seem to be falling into place almost too perfectly.

I think you hit the nail on the head. No one is a better talent evaluator Parcels. With him and Pioli working together our team would grow faster.

Pro_Angler
10-29-2010, 05:24 PM
I say bring him in.. Clark has my approval.