PDA

View Full Version : Berry For Rookie Of The Week!

pbatrucker
10-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Don't forget to go to www.NFL.com and vote for Berry for rookie of the week.

figcrostic
10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't forget to go to www.NFL.com (http://www.NFL.com) and vote for Berry for rookie of the week.

He didn't do anything to deserve rookie of the week.

stricken721
10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Voted for him. Thomas Jones is up for FedEx Ground player of the week too. The Chiefs players have been bringing home the hardware so far this year.. time to bring home some more.

brdempsey69
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM

I'd have to agree. Dez Bryant had 3 TD's -- one of them a 93-yard punt return. I'd have to pick him.

Chiefster
10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Done!

Three7s
10-26-2010, 07:23 PM
No kidding. A garbage time pick, 3 tackles, and a couple of decent pass defenses.

Let's not forget the times during the game where he flew by MJD on some of the screens that the Jags won.

josh1971
10-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice return on the pick, but I also watched his slow reaction help give up a TD.

tornadospotter
10-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I am thinking DMC for ROY.

azchiefsfan
10-27-2010, 08:30 AM
NFL.com - Rookie of the Week (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies)
Here's the direct link.You guys that focus on 2 or 3 plays and ignore a great rest of the game have no football sense at all. The NFL picks him as one of the best, but you geniuses know better? I saw Emmitt Smith once walk through Derrick Thomas and Emmitt hit him pretty hard too. I guess DT sucked too, huh? I am starting to wonder about the loyalty of some on here.

#58ChiefsFan
10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't think it's as much a lack of loyalty as it is a case of some fans can't see past the contract numbers of Berry and Cassel as well. We are so conditioned for instant gratification in our society that sometimes people forget this is a work in progress.

I voted for Berry because I think he did well in the game for a rookie. He made a couple rookie mistakes but Jacksonville is still a dangerous team despite what they are getting credit for.

pbatrucker
10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Call me a HOMER, if they wear Red and Gold and on the ballot I vote for them.

figcrostic
10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think it's as much a lack of loyalty as it is a case of some fans can't see past the contract numbers of Berry and Cassel as well. We are so conditioned for instant gratification in our society that sometimes people forget this is a work in progress.

I voted for Berry because I think he did well in the game for a rookie. He made a couple rookie mistakes but Jacksonville is still a dangerous team despite what they are getting credit for.
You don't vote on "potential" or having a nice game, it's rookie of the week. Hell I'm a Chiefs fan but I'm not gonna lie (not saying you are, it's your opinion) Dez Byant clearly had the best week no comparison.

figcrostic
10-27-2010, 12:50 PM

That's not being a HOMER, it's not following the guidlines. Your just voting for him because he's on your team, do you really think he had the best week? Dez Bryant had two TD's and a punt return for a TD= 3 TD's in total. Berry had one interception and a FF, clearly Dez had the better week.

brdempsey69
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Here's the direct link.You guys that focus on 2 or 3 plays and ignore a great rest of the game have no football sense at all. The NFL picks him as one of the best, but you geniuses know better?

There's a difference between "lack of loyalty" and looking at things with a sense of diplomacy & having been a Chiefs fan for 40+ years, I don't need anyone's permission to look at things subjectively. I know better because I watched the games. Kendrick Lewis made more tackles than Berry did & at least he keeps his poise out there on the field. Berry looked like he flat out quit on that series that he called for pass interference. granted, it was a bad call, but he needs to learn to move on to the next play.

And the best rookie last week was clearly Dez Bryant -- that's simply telling it like it is, and loyalty has nothing to do with that.

Connie Jo
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM

REP!!!!!

Connie Jo
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM

REP!!

That's not being a HOMER, it's not following the guidlines. Your just voting for him because he's on your team, do you really think he had the best week? Dez Bryant had two TD's and a punt return for a TD= 3 TD's in total. Berry had one interception and a FF, clearly Dez had the better week.

Oh, but see...I didn't watch any games other than the Chiefs & Jags, since I was in attendance at the game! I don't personally know that any other rookie had a better game than Berry, as I didn't witness such, therefore in my honest opinion...Berry had the best week!! hahaha :D

Besides, the NFL pre-judges and nominates those they believe qualify, not us fans. Berry obviously qualified by NFL's guidelines as being one of the best rookie performers for the week.

Now, here is where as a loyal fan we have the opportunity to help our team win...let's call it the 13th man factor!! hahaha You see...when one of our Chiefs is recognized & honored with such a nomination, and even more so when winning the award...it increases that players morale and overall team morale! Player & team morale only deepens our teams desire to win, be the best they can be!! Trust me...emotional factors such as morale...are a critical element to winning games!!

:chiefs: YEEHAW!!! GO Berry & GO CHIEFS!!!!!

pbatrucker
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
And how many times has our Chiefs players been BONED because we are a small fan base and didn't get an award they deserve.
You vote your way, I'll vote mine.

#58ChiefsFan
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
There's a difference between "lack of loyalty" and looking at things with a sense of diplomacy & having been a Chiefs fan for 40+ years, I don't need anyone's permission to look at things subjectively. I know better because I watched the games. Kendrick Lewis made more tackles than Berry did & at least he keeps his poise out there on the field. Berry looked like he flat out quit on that series that he called for pass interference. granted, it was a bad call, but he needs to learn to move on to the next play.

And the best rookie last week was clearly Dez Bryant -- that's simply telling it like it is, and loyalty has nothing to do with that.

In all fairness in regard to Lewis. Kendrick had 5 solo tackles and 1 pass defended. Eric had 4 solo tackles 3 pass defended and 2 qb hits.
Berry turned around a step too late on the PI call but there was an equal amount of hand play between the two of them at that point. Berry said in the post game interview that coach Crennel has them conditioned to have short term memory and move on to the next play which I believe he did.

figcrostic
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
And how many times has our Chiefs players been BONED because we are a small fan base and didn't get an award they deserve.

I see your point, and it's your prerogative but I would personally feel dishonest.

figcrostic
10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
REP!!

Oh, but see...I didn't watch any games other than the Chiefs & Jags, since I was in attendance at the game! I don't personally know that any other rookie had a better game than Berry, as I didn't witness such, therefore in my honest opinion...Berry had the best week!! hahaha :D

Besides, the NFL pre-judges and nominates those they believe qualify, not us fans. Berry obviously qualified by NFL's guidelines as being one of the best rookie performers for the week.

Now, here is where as a loyal fan we have the opportunity to help our team win...let's call it the 13th man factor!! hahaha You see...when one of our Chiefs is recognized & honored with such a nomination, and even more so when winning the award...it increases that players morale and overall team morale! Player & team morale only deepens our teams desire to win, be the best they can be!! Trust me...emotional factors such as morale...are a critical element to winning games!!

:chiefs: YEEHAW!!! GO Berry & GO CHIEFS!!!!!

:lol: Fair enough, but I did watch other games so I voted for whom I thought had the best week. If you think Berry had the best week you entitled to that opinion. :chiefs:

Connie Jo
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
:lol: Fair enough, but I did watch other games so I voted for whom I thought had the best week. If you think Berry had the best week you entitled to that opinion. :chiefs:

LOL...I am truly being honest! I didn't know anything about Dez Bryants week until reading your posts, hahaha. I would've voted for Berry anyway though, based upon what I said above, hoping to help increase both his & the Chiefs morale.

It was awesome being there!!! I'm grateful & blessed to be able to say I witnessed personally Eric Berry's very first NFL career interception!! I thought of Aussie & his undying support of Berry pre-draft...screamed extra loud with excitement in honor of him too! The crowd ROARED when Berry made that interception!! Berry was gleaming with pride! Totally AWESOME!!
:yahoo:

brdempsey69
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
In all fairness in regard to Lewis. Kendrick had 5 solo tackles and 1 pass defended. Eric had 4 solo tackles 3 pass defended and 2 qb hits.
Berry turned around a step too late on the PI call but there was an equal amount of hand play between the two of them at that point. Berry said in the post game interview that coach Crennel has them conditioned to have short term memory and move on to the next play which I believe he did.

Short term memory? Berry didn't exhibit it on that series. He looked flat out lazy on the rest of that series & got beat for a TD. That INT that he made is one that your Grandma could have made. He clearly is not Rookie of the week.

Ryfo18
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Short term memory? Berry didn't exhibit it on that series. He looked flat out lazy on the rest of that series & got beat for a TD. That INT that he made is one that your Grandma could have made. He clearly is not Rookie of the week.

I'd agree with you on this point. I was at the game and had my eyes on him the rest of that series. Nevertheless, I can't fault people for voting for their favorite teams players. It's exactly the reason there are tons of Yankees/Red Sox players at the all-star game every year.

brdempsey69
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd agree with you on this point. I was at the game and had my eyes on him the rest of that series. Nevertheless, I can't fault people for voting for their favorite teams players. It's exactly the reason there are tons of Yankees/Red Sox players at the all-star game every year.

I have no objection to anyone voting for Berry as R.O.T.W either -- it's just that it's questionable as to whether he should have been nominated to begin with.

figcrostic
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM

I understand people voting for Berry, but I don't agree with it. I don't think less of anyone, I just personally hold myself to a different standard.

Connie Jo
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I understand people voting for Berry, but I don't agree with it. I don't think less of anyone, I just personally hold myself to a different standard.

Heck though, most fans vote for their team players rather than merit. In all seriousness...I wish all such voting polls only allowed one vote per person, most allow unrestricted voting. Fans can vote as much as they want for Pro Bowl, other such ballots. Many have become more of a popularity contest than one of actual merit. The media is so bias, they also influence voting. Many fans vote for whose name they hear mentioned most by the media, rather they deserve such recognition or not...such as the media giving the Cowboys so much attention undeserved. Many will vote for a Cowboy just because he's a Cowboy, & so on.

IE: Think it was 2003...Manning was rated under Trent Green, Brady, McNabb...yet Manning received the most Pro Bowl QB votes. Why? Cause he's the media's golden boy QB and Manning being the best was drilled into everyones heads, yet he wasn't the best back then...Green out ranked him for 3 seasons straight...2003, 2004, 2005...so did 2-3 other QB's.

chief31
10-28-2010, 01:25 AM

Agreed. Dez Bryant had a monster game. There is no doubt that he had the best week.

Absolutely, agreed.

Here's the direct link.You guys that focus on 2 or 3 plays and ignore a great rest of the game have no football sense at all. The NFL picks him as one of the best, but you geniuses know better? I saw Emmitt Smith once walk through Derrick Thomas and Emmitt hit him pretty hard too. I guess DT sucked too, huh? I am starting to wonder about the loyalty of some on here.

Easy. :D

Dez Bryant most definitely was the best rookie this week.

So I voted for Bryant.

Then, I voted six times for Berry!!!!!!!

Going back after I hit "Submit Reply" for a few more.

But.....

Voting your conscience is perfectly acceptable. I did... (once.)

Chiefster
10-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Agreed. Dez Bryant had a monster game. There is no doubt that he had the best week.

Absolutely, agreed.

So I voted for Bryant.

But.....

Traitor! :lol:

KristofLaw
10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
I have no objection to anyone voting for Berry as R.O.T.W either -- it's just that it's questionable as to whether he should have been nominated to begin with.
He had good enough numbers but you could be right. Who knows his nomination may have had more to do with his draft position and our current position in the AFC West as Ryfo nodded towards with his Red Sox / Yankees analogy.

Bandwagon nominators. :D

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Absolutely, agreed.

So I voted for Bryant.

But.....

Love it!!! REP!!
:chiefs: