PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in here know their Royals REALLY good? Grienke question

texaschief
10-27-2010, 03:33 AM
What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.

rbedgood
10-27-2010, 03:38 AM
I don't know the Royals that well, but I wouldnt' guess Texas as one of the likely ending spots for Greinke. My top guesses after the Yanks would be Boston, Chicago White Sox, Atlanta or Los Angeles (either team) as those are expected to be the big spenders this offseason.

What's it gonna take to get Grienke away from the Royals? What positions are the Royals looking to bolster and are they looking for immediate help or prospects? I would like to discuss a mock negotiation for Grienke using the Texas Rangers as the trade partner.

This is going to be helpful if A: the Rangers fail to re-sign Cliff Lee (unlikely. he's a Ranger forever, now) or B: the Rangers decide to really bend the Yankees over and take away both the top pitchers available this offseason. (GAWD, THIS WOULD BE AWESOME)

The new ownership group for the Rangers have said they plan on bringing the Rangers payroll up to the 90 or 100 million dollar range. It currently sits around 60 million. Adding Lee is gonna put them around 85 and after arbitration, it should sit somewhere in the high 90s. If the Rangers could pull off a Grienke trade (which, prospect wise, they have the capacity to do) it would put their payroll in the 105-115 range.

Just curious if there was anyone on here who knew enough about the Royals and their farm to discuss this further.

texaschief
10-27-2010, 04:20 AM
The Rangers are looking to boost payroll and be BIG players this offseason. You can bank on them going HARD after Lee and one of the top first basemen like Prince Fielder.

The Yankees won't go after Grienke and risk everything they'd have to give up on a chance that Grienke's anxiety issues won't return on that stage in New York.

The Rangers want to boost payroll in the "right way" and spending money on 2 aces in Lee and Grienke and on a first baseman, would be spending money in the "right way." Also, there's no one in the league who can offer a package comparable to anything Texas has to offer. The Rangers have had the best farm system the past 2 years and didn't lose many big pieces in deadline trades other than Justin Smoak.

Ryfo18
10-27-2010, 10:06 AM
What chips do you have that would land you someone like Fielder (Brewers fan here)? Something like Martin Perez/Holland and maybe an infielder in return would be nice :).

Connie Jo
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry, but the only Royals I know really well are the ones that are a pain in my rear!!! :)

stricken721
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry, but the only Royals I know really well are the ones that are a pain in my rear!!! :)

:lol:

texaschief
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
What chips do you have that would land you someone like Fielder (Brewers fan here)? Something like Martin Perez/Holland and maybe an infielder in return would be nice :).

I must have been mistaken. I thought I saw him on a list of free agents this upcoming winter. I remember being shocked they were letting him walk.

In a trade, there's no way in hell y'all or anyone else will EVER get their hands on Perez. I'd much rather build a package around Holland/Davis or Moreland. Perhaps a couple high ceiling A ball pitchers, but ONLY if he signs an extension before hand.

Holland/Moreland + a couple A ball pitchers is > 1 year of Fielder

Ryfo18
10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I must have been mistaken. I thought I saw him on a list of free agents this upcoming winter. I remember being shocked they were letting him walk.

In a trade, there's no way in hell y'all or anyone else will EVER get their hands on Perez. I'd much rather build a package around Holland/Davis or Moreland. Perhaps a couple high ceiling A ball pitchers, but ONLY if he signs an extension before hand.

Holland/Moreland + a couple A ball pitchers is > 1 year of Fielder

But what if you were able to sign Fielder to an extension?

Chiefster
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
No clue.

texaschief
10-28-2010, 01:54 AM
But what if you were able to sign Fielder to an extension?

Assuming we sign Cliff Lee to an extension first...

Prince Fielder +5 year extension

For

Derrick Holland-Major League Pitcher (expendable with Cliff Lee and Martin Perez)
Mitch Moreland-Major League 1B (expendable with Prince Fielder obviously)
Kasey Kiker-AAA Pitcher (top 10 prospect)
Julio Borbon-Major League CF (expendable with Hamilton and Beltre)

texaschief
11-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I can't believe nobody here knows anything about the Royals.

Hayvern
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I can't believe nobody here knows anything about the Royals.

The Royals? You mean they still have a team?

Chiefster
11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
The Royals? You mean they still have a team?

It's MLB's Farm Team.

SalinaChiefsFan
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Grienke still has 2 years on his current contract. No on in the Royals organization has spoken publicly, but I've read several reports citing "unnamed sources close to the team" (translated: half-assed speculation) that Grienke is on the market for the right deal. Knowing how the Royals front office negotiates, you might be able to pick him up for some shiny beads and an empty beer can

texaschief
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Grienke still has 2 years on his current contract. No on in the Royals organization has spoken publicly, but I've read several reports citing "unnamed sources close to the team" (translated: half-assed speculation) that Grienke is on the market for the right deal. Knowing how the Royals front office negotiates, you might be able to pick him up for some shiny beads and an empty beer can

done and done

SalinaChiefsFan
11-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Zach Grienke to the Cards for Rasmus.

Been seeing this one a lot in hot stove discussions on several message boards.

Just a dumb internet rumor, I know, but still...

texaschief
11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
If I were the Rangers, I'd build a package around Jurickson Profar (top 3 SS prospect in baseball) and add a couple major league ready pitchers like Tommy Hunter, Kasey Kiker and Danny Guitierrez.

If this trade goes down, you'll hear the names of Derrick Holland, Martin Perez, Profar, Tanner Scheppers, and Wilmer Font and maybe even Engel Beltre being mentioned as targets.

IMO, for the Rangers to have long-term success, they can't allow Holland, Perez, Scheppers or Beltre to leave... BUT those are the names the Royals are going to want. I just don't think 2 years of Grienke are worth those names.

Jurrickson Profar is a top SS prospect in all of baseball. However, the Rangers have the 21yo Elvis Andrus entrenched at the SS position for the next 12 years. The only future Profar has on this Rangers team is if he switches to 2B and Kinsler goes to the OF/DH.

SalinaChiefsFan
11-10-2010, 11:58 PM
If I were the Rangers, I'd build a package around Jurickson Profar (top 3 SS prospect in baseball) and add a couple major league ready pitchers like Tommy Hunter, Kasey Kiker and Danny Guitierrez.

If this trade goes down, you'll hear the names of Derrick Holland, Martin Perez, Profar, Tanner Scheppers, and Wilmer Font and maybe even Engel Beltre being mentioned as targets.

IMO, for the Rangers to have long-term success, they can't allow Holland, Perez, Scheppers or Beltre to leave... BUT those are the names the Royals are going to want. I just don't think 2 years of Grienke are worth those names.

Jurrickson Profar is a top SS prospect in all of baseball. However, the Rangers have the 21yo Elvis Andrus entrenched at the SS position for the next 12 years. The only future Profar has on this Rangers team is if he switches to 2B and Kinsler goes to the OF/DH.

Meh. The Royals have dafted in the top 5 for about 900 years straight now. We have plenty of prospects of our own. Grienke is the first in awhile to get anyone's attention. If I were the Royals, I would build this team around Grienke. Lock him up for 5-6 years. Screw everyone else, especially the Yankees because they will come sniffing around sooner or later.

BUT, it will never happen. Ownership has the money to build a team, but does not care.

So Grienke will go away. Of course he will. As long as it isn't the @#%$^&$&(&#&($(&$(&$ Yankees.

texaschief
11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Well, we could always build a package around major league ready players like Chris Davis, Julio Borbon/David Murphy, Michael Kirkman, Tommy Hunter, etc...

C Louie
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm from Toronto and I heard rumors yesterday that the Jays have been talking to the Royals about Greinke. We certainly have th prospects and money, but I'm not sure he would want to play here.
I wouldn't complain if he did.:smile

texaschief
11-16-2010, 06:27 PM
He has a no-trade clause for 15 teams. Apparently the Yankees are on that list. With his history of social anxiety issues, I doubt he'd be willing to play for a big market club. He has also been pissed about the Royals not winning, and no offense, but playing in the AL East on a team not named the RedSox or Yankees isn't exactly a long-term winning proposition.