PDA

View Full Version : Chambers

pbatrucker
10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Chiefs' Chambers frustrated by time on bench - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/26/2357602/chiefs-chambers-frustrated-by.html)

I have other thoughts on this. Haley demands his receivers to block. Point, on Jones 70 yd run Sunday. The OL blocked left. The TE came in motion right, Jones ran right. The TE got a great block and Bowe got another and Jones was off to the races.
Because Chambers isn't blocking and because he doesn't play ST he isn't playing.

Seek
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
It is because Chambers is sucking balls... To me it looks like he got his contract and quit working. His performance so far this season has been half arse...and unfortunately that has been Chambers history. I was excited we resigned him, but now I feel let down by Chambers. I am glad Haley sat him. He wasn't hurting the team instead of helping it. He didn't try for one of Cassel interceptions, and has dropped a couple balls for basically not even trying.

Chiefster
10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
It is because Chambers is sucking balls... To me it looks like he got his contract and quit working. His performance so far this season has been half arse...and unfortunately that has been Chambers history. I was excited we resigned him, but now I feel let down by Chambers. I am glad Haley sat him. He wasn't hurting the team instead of helping it. He didn't try for one of Cassel interceptions, and has dropped a couple balls for basically not even trying.

Perhaps this is why he is no longer with the Chargers.

honda522
10-28-2010, 10:56 AM
It is because Chambers is sucking balls... To me it looks like he got his contract and quit working. His performance so far this season has been half arse...and unfortunately that has been Chambers history. I was excited we resigned him, but now I feel let down by Chambers. I am glad Haley sat him. He wasn't hurting the team instead of helping it. He didn't try for one of Cassel interceptions, and has dropped a couple balls for basically not even trying.How can you say so much about so little??? He only has been thrown to 5 or 6 times....something like 3 catches.

If you noticed, the passing game was awful to start the year, but it is progressively getting better.

With targets Cassel has now, we could trade him.

Seek
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
How can you say so much about so little??? He only has been thrown to 5 or 6 times....something like 3 catches.

If you noticed, the passing game was awful to start the year, but it is progressively getting better.

I can say that because I watched him in pre-season and the first two home games. Maybe he was only thrown to 5 or 6 times, because he is jogging up the field giving no effort in getting open. He gave zero effort in fighting for a jump ball. Even after he caught a pass three weeks ago, he had no effort in running the ball and dropped it after he hit the ground.

It could be that we are getting progressively better, becuase there is receivers out there instead of him trying to get open.

Or I guess i could be completely wrong and Chambers is riding the Bench because ????????

Three7s
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
How can you say so much about so little??? He only has been thrown to 5 or 6 times....something like 3 catches.

You do realize that there just might be a SLIGHT possibility that he's not getting open?

hometeam
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM

trade deadline has passed my friend.

N TX Dave
10-28-2010, 12:24 PM

I remember Todd saying earlier this year that before they start throwing to Bo he needed to do somethings to earn them just maybe that is why Chambers is not getting many opportunities he has not done anything to earn them.

Ryfo18
10-28-2010, 12:50 PM
This is exactly why I was worried about Chambers getting a new contract...Nothing to play for anymore. The guy just doesn't have the same work ethic as the rest of the guys. The part that stinks is that he's getting $5.9M guaranteed (and only $1.9 of that is this year). Pioli might have to cut bait and take a loss on this one.

matthewschiefs
10-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I was thinking Chambers would be a nice weapon for us the way that he played last season and adding Wies. I don't no what happend but he is not the same player that we saw last season that is one thing that is clear. I am hopeing that it's just a thing that he has just been dealing with a little injury and that's why he has not been playing the last two games. And we are going to see the Chambers that we saw last season for the rest of the season. But I don't have a great feeling that's going to happen.

rodu
10-28-2010, 03:57 PM
The bad thing about Chambers not playing well other than him not playing well, is we don't have a good back up for him. Is Urban ever going to be healthy this year?

matthewschiefs
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
The bad thing about Chambers not playing well other than him not playing well, is we don't have a good back up for him. Is Urban ever going to be healthy this year?

Urban is on the IR so no he will not be playing this season.

KristofLaw
10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Kansas City Chief' wide receiver Chris Chambers' strong play in the second half of last season earned him a new three-year, $15 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. But he's not having the same kind of impact so far this season and didn't even suit up for the team's last two games because of a coaching decision.

Chambers dislocated a finger during Kansas City's Oct. 10 game at Indianapolis but returned to play in the game against the Colts.

He was subsequently inactive for the Chiefs' Oct. 17 game at Houston and last Sunday's home game against Jacksonville, moves that he told the Kansas City Star left him surprised and frustrated. The inactivity also reminded him of his long, slow fall from grace in San Diego, which released him last November, leading to his mid-season signing last year by the Chiefs.

"You kind of don't know what the coaches are thinking," Chambers told the Star. "Or what their expectations are of you and where their confidence is."

... more in the following link

Chiefs' WR Chris Chambers Looks to Rebound from Dislocated Finger -- NFL FanHouse (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/27/chiefs-wr-chris-chambers-looks-to-rebound-from-dislocated-finge/)

captainamerica
10-29-2010, 04:09 AM
With DMC most likely out this week against the Bills, you'd have to expect Chambers to be active for this game. If Chambers doesn't play well against the Bills defense, than we'll all know why he's been riding the bench.

Pro_Angler
10-29-2010, 06:26 PM
actually he did get hurt and Haley is taking this opportunity to get some other guys playing time. He'll be fine.