PDA

View Full Version : Haley Coach of the Year?

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I've been too preoccupied, and have not been following other teams as much as I use to, so have no idea who the NFL might consider for 'Coach of the Year' nominee's. Do you think when the Chiefs win the AFC WEST this year, go to the playoffs...that Haley will be nominated? After all, the Chiefs no doubt would be one of, if not the turn around team in the NFL.

stricken721
10-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I've been too preoccupied, and have not been following other teams as much as I use to, so have no idea who the NFL might consider for 'Coach of the Year' nominee's. Do you think when the Chiefs win the AFC WEST this year, go to the playoffs...that Haley will be nominated? After all, the Chiefs no doubt would be one of, if not the turn around team in the NFL.

One word... Yes.

But it will only happen if we go to the playoffs. He made something out of nothing. That doesn't happen all the time.

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree Clint, and I think he'll win it too! :)

stricken721
10-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I agree Clint, and I think he'll win it too! :)

I wish that they still had the Assistant Coach of the Year Award. No doubt that Romeo Crennel would win that.

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Imagine...the Chiefs doing the following:

1) AFC WEST Championship
2) Coach of the Year
3) Franchise of the Year
4) Rookie of the Year
5) Offensive Player of the Year
6) Defensive Player of the Year
7) Super Bowl Champions!!!!

What am I forgetting? LOL

stricken721
10-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Imagine...the Chiefs doing the following:

1) AFC WEST Championship
2) Coach of the Year
3) Franchise of the Year
4) Rookie of the Year
5) Offensive Player of the Year
6) Defensive Player of the Year

What am I forgetting? LOL

AFC Champions.

chief31
10-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Yep. If we go to the playoffs, Haley is most definitely going to be a big name for the award.

A turnaround team is usually who gets that.

And that would be us, if we make the playoffs.

I think, if we make the playoffs, then our strong defense and running game could be a major player.

I will be expecting playoff wins, should we make it. :D

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
AFC Champions.

No, I didn't forget that, it's #1, lol.

Edit!! Yes I did forget it, I'm not right in the head tonight, lol.

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Yep. If we go to the playoffs, Haley is most definitely going to be a big name for the award.

A turnaround team is usually who gets that.

And that would be us, if we make the playoffs.

I think, if we make the playoffs, then our strong defense and running game could be a major player.

I will be expecting playoff wins, should we make it. :D

:yahoo: Me too!!!

stricken721
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
No, I didn't forget that, it's #1, lol.

AFC West. :D

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:54 PM
AFC West. :D

You posted just as I was editing to correct myself, LOL. You're right!! I was thinking AFC WEST took care of both, which of course it doesn't, LOL.

I didn't get much sleep last night, long day today...that's my excuse, rather than an aging mind, hahahaha. :)

stricken721
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
You posted just as I was editing to correct myself, LOL. You're right!! I was thinking AFC WEST took care of both, which of course it doesn't, LOL.

I didn't get much sleep last night, long day today...that's my excuse, rather than an aging mind, hahahaha. :)

Don't worry. I originally posted Super Bowl Champions, but I deleted that post so I didn't look silly. :lol:

Connie Jo
10-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Don't worry. I originally posted Super Bowl Champions, but I deleted that post so I didn't look silly. :lol:

Heck, I didn't even know we could delete posts, and I've been a member two years this coming February, lol.

stricken721
10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Heck, I didn't even know we could delete posts, and I've been a member two years this coming February, lol.

You can if you do it in the time it allows you to edit a post.

chief31
10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
1) AFC WEST Championship

AFC Champions.

I think AFC champions is a freebie if you win The Super Bowl though. :D

Connie Jo
10-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I think AFC champions is a freebie if you win The Super Bowl though. :D

:lol: :punk:

matthewschiefs
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
If the Chiefs win this divison witch I really think they can do I think he will for sure get some votes. Weather or not he wins I don't think so. It will go to Tomlin or someone from a team the media covers more. But He is certainly in the running from what has happend so far.

Connie Jo
10-29-2010, 01:28 AM
If the Chiefs win this divison witch I really think they can do I think he will for sure get some votes. Weather or not he wins I don't think so. It will go to Tomlin or someone from a team the media covers more. But He is certainly in the running from what has happend so far.

That will have me in a heated uproar for sure...if I honestly believe Haley is more deserving, and he doesn't win simply due to not being a media popularity preference. :(

PS: Chiefs going to & winning the Super Bowl would discredit another Coach taking Coach of the Year Honors. It will look like exactly what it is if that be the case and Tomlin, etc...take the honor from a Super Bowl coach who turned a team around in one season from one of the worst record teams to a SB team.

stricken721
10-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Pete Carroll and Raheem Morris could be good choices too.

Seek
10-29-2010, 08:03 AM

Pete Carroll is probably at the top of the list right now, only because of his celebrity status at USC.

I just hope we beat them to knock him out of the running.

Pro_Angler
10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
guarantee 100% IF WE WIN DIVISION HE WINS COACH OF YEAR!! Ill bet on it!!!

Bike
10-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I think Morris already told the press that he has the best team in the NFC. This kind of boasting will more than likely disqualify him - as making statements like this just 7 games in will get many of his opponents amped up to kick his :mooning: .

nigeriannightmare
10-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I think Morris already told the press that he has the best team in the NFC. This kind of boasting will more than likely disqualify him - as making statements like this just 7 games in will get many of his opponents amped up to kick his :mooning: .

Being the best team in the NFC isn't saying much talk about weak, its almost embarassing. I woud dare say the best team in the nfc probably wouldn't even get to the playoffs if they were in the afc. Greenbay, Dallas, Minnesota, New Orleans I mean they really aren't that good I know health has a lot do with it but the NFC is without a doubt weak.