PDA

View Full Version : Haley's Play Calling

pbatrucker
10-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Numbers back up Chiefs coach’s unorthodox play calls - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/28/2367167/the-numbers-back-up-haleys-unorthodox.html)

A interesting article about going for it on forth down.

Chiefster
10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Interesting indeed; caution to the wind is great when it works, and leaves one incredibly frustrated when it doesn't.

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah it'd be nice to kick a FG instead of turning the ball over on downs.

chiefnut
10-29-2010, 11:05 AM
i don't have a problem w/going on 4th down, i just didn't like the run call. much rather see the play action roll out option pass/run.

Chiefster
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
i don't have a problem w/going on 4th down, i just didn't like the run call. much rather see the play action roll out option pass/run.

...At least! :bananen_smilies046:

OPLookn
10-29-2010, 02:04 PM

That's how NC State won the game last night against Florida State. 4th and Goal from the 1/2 yard line after running for it 3 times and getting shut down they bring out the field goal unit. Then call a time out and I remember sitting at the edge of the couch as the offensive unit is out there with the play clock counting down thinking no way, they're not seriously...oh they just snapped the ball.

The entire Florida State team lunges for the line and I think there was a fan that jumped out and bit on the run too...but wait...holy cow! the QB is rolling out and hit a wide open tight end in the end zone to score. It ended up being the game winning score. We need more plays like that....

chiefnut
10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
coach chiefnut, yeah i like the sound of that, lol!

N TX Dave
10-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Okay say we try the field goal and miss and then Jags took over and scored people would be saying we should have gone for it. We had been averaging over 3 yards a carry so why not try a run?

C Louie
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I am all for taking a chance on 4th down when necessary. But I think they should have kicked against Jacksonville on 4th. If I remeber correctly it was a short kick and would have put us up by 2 scores...But who knows, if they got a first I would probably be the first person to say that it was a great call ...

N TX Dave
10-29-2010, 05:07 PM
I am all for taking a chance on 4th down when necessary. But I think they should have kicked against Jacksonville on 4th. If I remeber correctly it was a short kick and would have put us up by 2 scores...But who knows, if they got a first I would probably be the first person to say that it was a great call ...

I think it was a 40+ yard kick and as some in here are saying they think something is wrong with Succup and if I remember correct the wind was blowing weird also. Oh well we won so it does not really matter which is good.

Pro_Angler
10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
yea up 7 both teams moving ball trading punches take the points