PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to go to a Chiefs game at arrowhead for the first time, some questions...

ginmqi
10-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Okay, so a friend and I are planning to go to the Dec 5th game, Broncos @ Chiefs. My friend is from Denver and a Broncos fan (boo!) so this works out perfect for us. But I've never been to a football game so some questions for you guys:

Is it worth money to get the better/expensive seats? ($100+) My friend says hes been to one chiefs/broncos game couple of years ago in decent seats (around 50yd line, and in the field level too) but said the view wasn't that great. Would like to spend less than $100 per ticket, what would be the beset section to be?

Also where to buy tickets? online/arrowhead?/craigslist?

Also, to park you need to pay as well?

Otherwise, any other advice for going to the game? I assume we need to arrive very early (10am or so) and bring lot of cash for the expensive food inside.

Thanks!

stricken721
10-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Okay, so a friend and I are planning to go to the Dec 5th game, Broncos @ Chiefs. My friend is from Denver and a Broncos fan (boo!) so this works out perfect for us. But I've never been to a football game so some questions for you guys:

Is it worth money to get the better/expensive seats? ($100+) My friend says hes been to one chiefs/broncos game couple of years ago in decent seats (around 50yd line, and in the field level too) but said the view wasn't that great. Would like to spend less than $100 per ticket, what would be the beset section to be?

Also where to buy tickets? online/arrowhead?/craigslist?

Also, to park you need to pay as well?

Otherwise, any other advice for going to the game? I assume we need to arrive very early (10am or so) and bring lot of cash for the expensive food inside.

Thanks!

I've sat in the lower level behind the endzone once and I thought it was a good view. All the other times I have sat in the upper deck and thought the view was good there too.

Parking is 22 bucks. The gates into the stadium open at 10:30. If I were you I suggest getting into the parking lot earlier so you can tailgate, take pictures, whatever it is you like. It's always fun.

But your tickets through ticketmaster, you'll save some money since it's against the Broncos, scalpers are going to inflate the prices.

#58ChiefsFan
10-30-2010, 04:04 PM
We prefer to use gate 4 to get into the parking lot, stay left to get to the red lot. Parking lots open at 8:30 but there is a pretailgate get together in line there.

Once inside the parking area if you go to Arrowhead gate D there is an overlook about 50 yards from there where you can get pictures of the players coming in and boo the opponents bus as well, about 10am most of the guys will be in.
Make sure you take a walk through the hall of honor pregame, there is also an autograph chance if you want to hang out by the field but that's no guarantee.

I don't think there is a bad seat in arrowhead above row 15 on the lower level. I have sat at the very top of arrowhead to the first row on the field. The only trouble we had seeing was down low on the chiefs side because of the CBS camera and the thousand NFL photographers.

Twenty dollars will cover a meal and a souvenir cup, if your a drinker get a loan. Beer is $7.75 a bottle IIRC

Main thing is get there early there is a ton of fun inside.

#58ChiefsFan
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
The chiefs website may have tickets from the box office. There is a ticketmaster ticket exchange link. They will charge around $30 extra for fees on top of the posted price. Ticketmaster will email you guaranteed tickets and and they have parking passes as well if you cant find one.
The last couple games we bought our tickets this way and it's 100% legit, I was nervous the first time using them but there's no reason to be. Shop early and be patient there are some decent deals out there.

I don't trust eBay unless it's a season ticket holder selling actual paper tickets. This being a divisional game may be tough to find one this way.

ginmqi
10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Sweet, thanks alot for the advice! Looks like low level seats may actually be bad due to not having birds eye view and lot of people/equipment blocking the field.

Will be very exciting for my first chiefs game! WOOT!

Connie Jo
10-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Everyone else has given you GREAT advice! I've been in 2nd row lower level, in the teens, 20's & 30's lower level rows. I'm short at 5'4", so it's always been an issue for me to see, especially when there's reason to be excited and understandably fans aren't seated. I've found it's easier for me to keep my eye on the ball/play action when in endzone rows lower level. The times I've been on the sides it's been very difficult for me to follow the ball/play action.

Until this season I had only sat in upper level twice, which was several years ago. This season a friend bought upper level season tickets, and he lets me use his ST seat to take a friend or family member when he can't make the games, as he lives out of state. I LOVE UPPER LEVEL by comparison to lower because I can see most every play more accurately & clearly. The upper level rise is very steep, so I have fewer fan body obstructions, and for lack of a better definition, no angles to obstruct my vision...the entire field of play is open visually.

The disadvantages to upper level are climbing the steep rise if you're in a high number row and have any issues with knees, legs, etc.. As well, if intoxicated it could be treacherous, I've seen a couple darn near go tumbling down. Lastly, if December has a cold spell, upper level is colder than lower, especially if windy.

Keep checking in here at Chiefs Crowd...sometimes if there are enough of us attending the same game, we will organize a tailgate. Could be the case with the Bronco's game, since it's a divisional home game it will draw more interest with members wanting to attend. Our tailgate planning discussions are typically in the "Locker Room" forum.