PDA

View Full Version : Attention Todd Haley

JMDChiefs58
10-31-2010, 08:13 PM
This is the NFL not Madden Football. Take the 3 points instead of going for it, if you had there would have been no need for OT today.

Ryfo18
10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
This is the NFL not Madden Football. Take the 3 points instead of going for it, if you had there would have been no need for OT today.

Haha I'll second this one!

#58ChiefsFan
10-31-2010, 08:18 PM
What if we take the field goal, kick off and spiller takes it to the house?

Ryfo18
10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
What if we take the field goal, kick off and spiller takes it to the house?

That's fine... but a huge hypothetical...What if after the failed 4th they give it to Spiller and he runs it to the house? Just as likely.

matthewschiefs
10-31-2010, 08:36 PM
That is the only I have had with Haley so far hopefully it's something we have seen the last of.

Coach
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
They are completely outthinking themselves. Going for it when not necessary, not going for it when it is. Passing on 4th when they should run it, running on 4th when they should pass it. People may say they are trying be unpredictable. The reason it is unpredictable is because they are making such bad playcalling decisions. I'll take the win, but this is eventually going to catch up with the Chiefs.

chief31
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I agree that we are going on fourth too much. Not really the quantity that I take issue with, but the situations.

However, Haley, with that "freezing the kicker" move made up for it today.

Also, in Haley's defense, were we facing the windy end of the field when we did that?

Stumplifter
10-31-2010, 09:09 PM
I agree on the 'out thinking themselves' comment.
I am sick to death of seeing the Chiefs run the ball down people's throats all day and then see them call a lame pass play on 3rd and 1.....and it doesn't work.

Give the damn ball to Charles or Jones and let them get the yard. Sheesh

Coach
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
The Chiefs left a lot of points on the board today. DJ should have had a a Pick 6 in the first qtr as an example. Dbowe dropped a TD pass. We should have kicked at least on more field goal. This game shouldn't have ben this close.

rodu
10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Charles wanted another quarter to pad his stats

Seek
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
It was very windy. The goal post were moving big time. You all saw the miss succor had. That thing curved wicked. I watched both kickers in warm ip and Haley was right there with him. Succop struggles a little more than buffalos kicker.

Three7s
10-31-2010, 09:56 PM
The Chiefs left a lot of points on the board today. DJ should have had a a Pick 6 in the first qtr as an example. Dbowe dropped a TD pass. We should have kicked at least on more field goal. This game shouldn't have ben this close.
On the pass to Bowe, it looked like the defender was messing with Bowe's arm. I couldn't tell.

Isawa_mo
11-01-2010, 03:03 AM
I do understand people's frustration with going for it. I would still ask that people stay away from saying things like "OT would have been unnecessary if we had taken the field goal". The entire game would have been altered by that move. You cannot predict what would have happened. Come on, we have all seen "The Butterfly Effect". If Haley had made it, no one would have been complaining, or if they had it would have been very muffled.

I have to admit, I do not mind the philosophical idea of going for it more often on 4th down. I am also a really big fan of making the decision before the very instant it comes up, so you are not doing it on some whim or the hairs on the back of your neck. It is definitely a new school approach.

#58ChiefsFan
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
The attempt to make a fourth down conversion in the jags game once we hit the red zone did not bother me as much as the bills game did. During the jags game we were moving the ball at will on them, trying to pick up a yard there seemed likely and we did convert.
Step forward to the bills game and our runs were not being imposed at will, fourth and three seemed like a long shot to me. I would have been fine with the field goal but Haley felt he could convert. I like that he has enough faith in our offense and supposedly the numbers favored going for it. These are not snap decisions they have this planned out before hand.

pbatrucker
11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Going for it on fourth and 2 and not taking the field goal bothered me until I saw how much the wind affected Succup's miss.
What really upset me was trhowing the ball to Leanard Pope of all people on third and one, when we're averaging 6 ydc.

Chiefster
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Well it's a difference in coaching philosophy then what we're used to. When we have a coach that is not afraid to gamble then the time will come when we'll eventually get burned because of it. I've seen the same thing happen with a coaching philosophy which dictated that we play not to lose rather than playing to win.