PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Cut! Do we go for him?

Sn@keIze
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
NFL.com news: Vikings cut Moss less than a month after acquiring WR in trade (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/vikings-cut-moss-less-than-a-month-after-acquiring-wr-in-trade?module=HP_headlines)

its gonna come up here so i mine as well start it.

do we get him?

Is he a cancer? Can Haley keep him tame?

Does Haley/Weiss even want him?

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
I highly doubt they go after him, especially with his recent character lapses. I wouldn't mind having a legitimate vertical threat, but look at how he played on Sunday. No commitment, quit on plays...Can't say if he'd be more harm than good.

Chief Tyler
11-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Teddy Bruschi just gave the okay! I have mixed feelings about it though. I think we have the personnel to keep his attitude in check, but the results are going to be horrible if he isn't included in the gameplan the way he feels he should be.

nigeriannightmare
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I highly doubt they go after him, especially with his recent character lapses. I wouldn't mind having a legitimate vertical threat, but look at how he played on Sunday. No commitment, quit on plays...Can't say if he'd be more harm than good.

yeah but for the right price.....we can just cut him as the vikings did.

fairladyZ
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

he will give us a HUGE deep threat and keep defenses from stacking the box against our run. I think he will be a good fit here. May not get the balls thrown to him like he wants but i think he is fine with that. He was fine in NE and we are setup about the same.

bbacker51
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Get him, atleast he would let bowe borrow his gloves. Is Bowe eating butter sandwiches for a pre-game meal or what?:lol: :D

pbatrucker
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
You forget, as a division leader, we are one of the last teams with a shot at him.

fairladyZ
11-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping teams steer clear of him just because of his recent attitude issues.

But take it like this.... Him and the Patriots organization got along great.. All Randy wanted was a contract extension.
He played great, had great things to say, and was a leader in the locker room. randy moss would always be double covered. Which leaves Bowe being single covered and the box not being stacked against our run.. Now throwin the fact that NE's system and KC's systems are similar. Our foundation is similar and our coaching is very similar. Matt Cassel and Moss have played before and that was one thing why people said matt did so good in NE and not here. well here is a chance to get that piece HERE!

I am ALL FOR THIS 100%. If he makes it thru the waiver wire i honestly think it's a toss between NE picking him up and KC picking him up

rodu
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd want to know why he was waived in the first place first

fairladyZ
11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
cuz it's brad childress. The same guy that begged Farve to come back because he was going to loose his job. His job was saved by Farve and then threw him under the bus. Every since last week something has happened in the vikings locker room and randy didn't like it. And also what Moss said in his press conference last night about loving NE and how he misses all the hats in the locker room and saluted Bellichick.

Childress is the cancer in Minnesota.. not randy

wildcat
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I am tempted to say I want the Chiefs to go after him, but it would probably be a mistake. He would immediately make the team better on paper, but I'm not sure if he is one of the right 53.

Will Moss be happy with his role in KC? Will he mentor our young receivers? Is he a part of the long term plan? Will he work hard everyday on every play and buy into the program? If not, then he is going to hurt our team long term and I think we would be better off without him.

P.S. What's the over/under on the number of Randy Moss threads that we are going to see by the end of the night?

AkChief49
11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
no way

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Keep in mind that the Chiefs are also 29th in waiver priority, meaning the 28 teams ahead of us would have to pass on him.

pbatrucker
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I'd want to know why he was waived in the first place first
I guess you didn't see his post game interviews, were he was saying how much he loved and missed the Patroits.

#58ChiefsFan
11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Keep in mind that the Chiefs are also 29th in waiver priority, meaning the 28 teams ahead of us would have to pass on him.

I think the waiver order is based on last seasons record with the worst going first. If he clears four teams I think we have a shot.

I'd be for it for the right price, our coaches will keep himin check or cut him.

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I think the waiver order is based on last seasons record with the worst going first. If he clears four teams I think we have a shot.

I'd be for it for the right price, our coaches will keep himin check or cut him.

No, unfortunately it is the current standings in reverse order:

NFL Waiver Order For Randy Moss (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-nfl-waiver-order-heres-who-gets-dibs-on-randy-moss-first-2010-11)

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Although I don't know that the site I just referenced is accurate. Just saw a tweet from Adam Schefter saying KC is 25th. Sorry for the inaccurate link above.

#58ChiefsFan
11-01-2010, 05:11 PM

NFL Waiver Order For Randy Moss (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-nfl-waiver-order-heres-who-gets-dibs-on-randy-moss-first-2010-11)

I like my way better :D

beaver25
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM

Here Are The 8 Teams That Should Pick Up Randy Moss (http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-8-teams-that-should-trade-for-randy-moss-2010-11#the-5-2-chiefs-have-a-qb-whos-familiar-with-moss-and-need-another-dimension-to-their-run-heavy-o-6)

Stumplifter
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
If a team claims him off of waivers then that team is financially responsible for the remainder of this seasons salary.

If he clears waivers, then the Vikings have to pay the remainder of this season's salary...no matter if he plays for another team or not.

A lot of teams out there won't want to deal with his emotional baggage. I'm sure Haley doesn't want a guy like that in the locker room... he was starting to affect some of the younger players in the Vikings locker room.

tulsachief
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
If he loved New England then he should love the New England Chiefs right.....:chiefs:

stricken721
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I vote yes.

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 05:31 PM
So now I'm reading that Moss was NOT waived on Monday....and that he may not be. Apparently a lot of Vikings upper management are not OK with this move, it might have just been Childress spouting his mouth (pretty uncharacteristic for a coach if you ask me).

fairladyZ
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Moss's agent did release a press release saying they are going to continue on thru the waiver wire.. So i'm pretty sure he's been waived

KristofLaw
11-01-2010, 06:14 PM
cuz it's brad childress. The same guy that begged Farve to come back because he was going to loose his job. His job was saved by Farve and then threw him under the bus. Every since last week something has happened in the vikings locker room and randy didn't like it. And also what Moss said in his press conference last night about loving NE and how he misses all the hats in the locker room and saluted Bellichick.

Childress is the cancer in Minnesota.. not randy

Well said. Much of the leagues foremost talking heads seems to be backing Childress up in the Randy Moss smear campaign too. It might help us, New England or other league leading teams in their shot at landing him.

I hope he doesn't even get consideration from San Diego.

figcrostic
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
NFL.com news: Vikings cut Moss less than a month after acquiring WR in trade (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/vikings-cut-moss-less-than-a-month-after-acquiring-wr-in-trade?module=HP_headlines)

its gonna come up here so i mine as well start it.

do we get him?

Is he a cancer? Can Haley keep him tame?

Does Haley/Weiss even want him?

I would take him til the end of the season, and then draft a young WR. Randy has lost a step he's no the premier WR he used to be, that said Cassel and him do have a familiarity together so who knows?

captainamerica
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Getting Rand Moss would be great, because he would open up a lot of things for our offense. He would make the entire team better, because he's a guy that other teams would have to gameplan for and account for. With teams focusing on him, they can't put all of their attention to our running game and Dwayne Bowe. Plus Moss and Cassel already have a chemistry and a history together. I think he'd be a great fit.

I don't see the odds of us getting him very high though. Were not very high on the waiver order and Randy's a guy that's going to be sought after. If we could get him though, it'd be great. Especially when you consider how relatively cheap he's going to come for.

Sn@keIze
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
After thinkn bout it im kind of leaning more on NOT taking him.

He seems to only play when he wants too.

honda522
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, why not? Give Matt a target. Think about this, it would probably be a really good move as long as his charcter issues are address before he gets here. Sign him to a famous Pioli 1 year contract and if he doesn't work out we can cut it.

stricken721
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Yes, why not? Give Matt a target. Think about this, it would probably be a really good move as long as his charcter issues are address before he gets here. Sign him to a famous Pioli 1 year contract and if he doesn't work out we can cut it.

This. It could also get some guys off of Bowe and make him a bigger receiver threat.

Ryfo18
11-01-2010, 07:50 PM

How do you address those character issues? Are you also going to magically make him block for our running backs (like the rest of our WRs do) and maybe come in and crack block LBs?

chief31
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
As tempted as I would be, I think I would pass on Randy Moss.

He bacame disgruntled with Brady and The Pats. Then he didn't seem to inspired playing with Favre.

I have to think that he would have alot of trouble fitting in here as Cassel continues to grow.

If I truly believed that he was going to put fourth a real effort and "roll with the punches", then I would want him.

But I don't.

iratefan
11-01-2010, 09:11 PM
not interested. Our problem, aside from Bowe, doesnt seem to be catching, it seems to be getting that football on target to be even remotely catchable. We've got a tight end and at least 2 (3 or even 4 if you wanna count DMC or Charles) WR's that can catch a football. I have respect for moss, but im not confident he is a good fit with this club.

KristofLaw
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
If he were to slip into our hands I don't see how he couldn't help. He wouldn't plan on being a distraction, it's just a part of his charm which I myself have hated at times, but in essense he seems to be a good guy for the most part.

He'd help solidify our passing game. Even if he were not to get any catches the opposing defenses would have to take some of their game-planning from our top-rated ground game.

Anyway, I'm sure if we got him many on here wouldn't approve, that much is a given regardless of who or what is discussed. :D

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

tornadospotter
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I believe that we need strong players with great personal character, Players that believe in the Chiefs, Players that are not just about me, Moss does not fit that profile very well. But you would think, that at some point in his life, he understands that. Todd Haley is a strong personality, and he may well be able to control Randy, I am tempted to say this could be a great move, Bad Moon Risen did at make a lot of great plays and catches for us. Having Moss, opens up a lot of possibility's, but he must know, it is Chiefs First! There is no I in Team! He will have to be a Team Player!

figcrostic
11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
As tempted as I would be, I think I would pass on Randy Moss.

He bacame disgruntled with Brady and The Pats. Then he didn't seem to inspired playing with Favre.

I have to think that he would have alot of trouble fitting in here as Cassel continues to grow.

If I truly believed that he was going to put fourth a real effort and "roll with the punches", then I would want him.

But I don't.

I agree Moss would be a bandage at best, and he hasn't been playing well this year at all.

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I just wanted to share this little tidbit of information I read about Moss that also led to his being dropped by the Vikings. Combine this with him quitting on balls last weekend, I just have no desire to bring him here. It would likely be the same story with the Chiefs. There's a reason that 2 teams have dumped him this year. Lord knows what would happen if the Chiefs decided to take a trip to Oklahoma Joe's!

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1655), Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210).

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said. "Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver: "It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship. The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus.

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place. They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble. And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

Source: Some Vikings players on board with dumping Moss | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/some-vikings-players-on-board-with-dumping-moss/)

Seek
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
This. It could also get some guys off of Bowe and make him a bigger receiver threat.

he could also fill the youngsters on this team with doubt about how Haley is trying to build this team. He could also show them that taking off plays when the ball is not thrown to you is okay.

It would be nice to have a target but why is everyone forgetting that every team he has played, he was traded away. He has been given up on, twice by two different teams in a month and his play in Minnesota is shows what a unmotivated Moss does.

matthewschiefs
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
If we could just get him for this year I would not have a problem with that. I really don't want him long term. He only plays when he's happy and he doesn't seem to be happy for long anywere. So no thanks.

ginmqi
11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks like the general NFL fan base is thinking that the Chiefs are the 2nd most likely to get Moss!

NFL Forum :: - Where does Moss Land (http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=419313)

But it looks like alot of ppl think Moss will end up back in New England!

KristofLaw
11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Here is a guess-timation at where Randy Moss will end up based upon waiver order and local media accounts per team.

We won't find out where Randy Moss is playing next until Wednesday, when the NFL processes waiver claims from its 32 teams.

Till then, here's what coaches, players, and beat reporters are saying about where they think the star wide receive ring will be helmeting-up next.

The teams are presented in waiver order.

San Francisco 49ers "The 49ers are in need of targets, and getting Randy Moss now where he could learn the offense over the bye week makes sense." – Kevin Lynch, San Francisco Chronicle.

San Diego Chargers: "At 3-5, the Chargers are one of the only teams that consider themselves a Super Bowl contender and have a bad enough record to win a claim on Moss. They don't get Vincent Jackson back until Week 12, and Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are banged up." – Andrew Perloff, Sports Illustrated.

St. Louis Rams "The folks at Rams Park weren't in the mood to talk about Moss on Monday night, but that was merely a formality of NFL process, not lack of interest." – St. Louis Dispatch.

Seattle Seahawks "According to multiple sources the Seattle Seahawks are interested in claiming recently (and surprisingly) released wide receiver Randy Moss." – Seattle PI

Miami Dolphins "A source within the Miami Dolphins confirmed that the team is indeed interested in signing Randy Moss." – Football News Now.

Tennessee Titans "I would venture to say that every head coach or maybe 30 head coaches in this league are having discussions about it right now." – Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

Kansas City Chiefs "It's doubtful the Chiefs would take a chance on Moss, especially considering the locker-room chemistry they've cultivated with a nice balance of young players and veterans. I'd be surprised if they would be willing to disrupt that because Moss might help Kansas City one or two more games in 2010." – Kansas City Star.

New England Patriots "I miss the hell out of them -- every last helmet in that locker room." – Randy Moss

(#Waiver order subject to a coin-flip.)

more below...

Link- Where Will Randy Moss Go Next? (http://www.businessinsider.com/randy-moss-2010-11)

Is there any way to move up the waiver order... if so I think we should. :D

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Very good read.. Pretty much sums it up perfect.
Kansas City Chiefs Have Every Reason To Reach For Randy Moss - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/2/1789853/kansas-city-chiefs-have-every-reason-to-reach-for-randy-moss#storyjump)

I say if we have any shot at all we give it the best shot we can.

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Very good read.. Pretty much sums it up perfect.
Kansas City Chiefs Have Every Reason To Reach For Randy Moss - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/2/1789853/kansas-city-chiefs-have-every-reason-to-reach-for-randy-moss#storyjump)

I say if we have any shot at all we give it the best shot we can.

Couldn't disagree with that article more. First, two teams have chosen to part ways with him in a matter of 4 weeks. Second, have you seen his numbers this year? Not anything to brag about. Have you watched the last few games he's played? Against the Packers, Favre threw a pass to the back of the endzone that would have won the game in the 4th quarter. Randy didn't even jump for it. Last week he had 1 catch and drew a pass interference call. On the pass interference call, he could have caught that pass, but took the play off after the contact from the DB. On the next set of downs, Brett Favre gets clocked and injured.

The guy is a head case, is not going to block for running backs down field (something this team has been doing an excellent job of), and is not trying when he is out on the field. Sorry, don't want him on my team. Did you read about the incident on Friday in Minnesota? Absolutely classless.

I just have to ask, after 13 years in the league, what makes you think he's going to change? He's obviously lost a step as well. I could go on all day...

KristofLaw
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
He has 9 catches in a contract year. One team booted him over his contract stance. The other booted him against the will of both the owner and other top executives... purely political.

He's a sure-fire Hall of Famer and has a lot in the tank IMO. Somebody is going to have one hell of a shot at a steal for their team.

Is he guaranteed to work out, no. But I'd love to have the shot at taking that chance on him.

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Ya i read what you posted that happened on friday... Did you also read the report after he was traded to Minn about him and bellichick getting into it and then him and brady having to be seperated? Both were laughed at by bill and tom and they still obviously have a lot of respect and wish they could play together?

Don't go by what you read on the internet dude.. how bout the player reports from actual VIKING players that said he was awesome in the locker room and a good teammate practicing hard and trying to pickup the playbook super quick.

You do know that Thomas Jones has been known to be a very strong personality and hard to get along with coaches and teammates.. hence he is 1 of the best backs in the league and has been shipped from team to team. It's all about that coaches and management.

And your pass in the back of the endzone.. WTF you think randy is 8ft tall? I agree he did let up with the PI call but he also looked to have a hard time regaining his footing.

It has NOTHING to do about his numbers.. It has everything to do with the Defense HAVING to account for him and either double or triple team him.

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Ya i read what you posted that happened on friday... Did you also read the report after he was traded to Minn about him and bellichick getting into it and then him and brady having to be seperated? Both were laughed at by bill and tom and they still obviously have a lot of respect and wish they could play together?

Don't go by what you read on the internet dude.. how bout the player reports from actual VIKING players that said he was awesome in the locker room and a good teammate practicing hard and trying to pickup the playbook super quick.

You do know that Thomas Jones has been known to be a very strong personality and hard to get along with coaches and teammates.. hence he is 1 of the best backs in the league and has been shipped from team to team. It's all about that coaches and management.

And your pass in the back of the endzone.. WTF you think randy is 8ft tall? I agree he did let up with the PI call but he also looked to have a hard time regaining his footing.

It has NOTHING to do about his numbers.. It has everything to do with the Defense HAVING to account for him and either double or triple team him.

I'm going by a report that the owner of said restaurant provided to a reporter. They took specific quotes from him. Why else would the Vikings blow a 3rd round pick on him and then 4 weeks later decide to drop him? He was obviously a locker room cancer. You don't just drop guys that you spend 3rd round picks on if they are an asset to your team. Doesn't happen.

As much as he could come here and help the Chiefs, there's just as much chance he could come here and be a cancer that doesn't help the team one bit. Remember the Randy Moss that played for the Raiders? Me neither, because he didn't do anything. I'm pretty pleased with the status quo, we don't need LJ 2.0 coming here thinking we are going to do things his way. Did you see his interview of himself by the way? He straight up threw the coaching staff under the bus. Remind you of anyone?

chief31
11-02-2010, 06:24 PM

How about if I go by the fact that he was cut?

The Vikings, who are desperate to get some wins, didn't feel like he was able to help.

How about the fact that Bill Bellichick also found him to be expendable?

I understand wanting what he is capable of being. But he doesn't want to do what he is capable of.

He did something bad enough to have The Vikings, who just gave a 3rd round draft pick for him, just throw him out.

The lack of effort on that PI call was inexcusable for me.

My guess is that he will go to The Chargers and do nothing for them.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I think St Louis is the lead candidate but anything could happen.....

#58ChiefsFan
11-02-2010, 06:31 PM
In 2008, Moss hauled in 69 catches for 1,008 yards and 11 touchdowns despite losing quarterback Tom Brady in the first quarter of the season.

From wikipedia

I still think he is worth a shot for the right price, a short term deal thats based on incentives. Haley will stomp his *** is he comes in here and tries to disrupt.

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I seriously doubt he was cut because of things he "supposedly" said to a caterer. Not to mention Brad Childress has been throwing anybody he can under the bus to save his butt. Not to mention the owners weren't informed and also reports are they are upset they spent a 3rd round pick and money for moss.

It's funny some people just have so much hate for certain players and it clouds their mind. Just like LJ being a cancer. The guy STILL calls jamaal all the time and gives him pep talks and gives him pointers.
Teammates have come out and said that LJ was a good person and helpful in the locker room. He would be upset after losses and keep to himself but who doesn't?
Everyone said TO was washed up and a locker room cancer. He's tearing it up in cinci and keeping his mouth shut, wish we would have signed him rather than chambers! The problem in cinci is palmer.
Everyone said moss was a cancer and wouldn't work out with the pats. Would you want to be in oakland with AL????? He was awesome with the pats and the ONLY reason they let him go is because they wanted to get away from the long ball and didn't want to pay randy. It's typical of what the pats do. So instead of waiting till end of year and letting him go scott free they get a 3rd rounder for him.. Smart if you ask me. Judging by Randy's comments and the NE organization's comments there were no hard feelings with randy leaving.

chief31
11-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I seriously doubt he was cut because of things he "supposedly" said to a caterer. Not to mention Brad Childress has been throwing anybody he can under the bus to save his butt. Not to mention the owners weren't informed and also reports are they are upset they spent a 3rd round pick and money for moss.

It's funny some people just have so much hate for certain players and it clouds their mind. Just like LJ being a cancer. The guy STILL calls jamaal all the time and gives him pep talks and gives him pointers.
Teammates have come out and said that LJ was a good person and helpful in the locker room. He would be upset after losses and keep to himself but who doesn't?
Everyone said TO was washed up and a locker room cancer. He's tearing it up in cinci and keeping his mouth shut, wish we would have signed him rather than chambers! The problem in cinci is palmer.
Everyone said moss was a cancer and wouldn't work out with the pats. Would you want to be in oakland with AL????? He was awesome with the pats and the ONLY reason they let him go is because they wanted to get away from the long ball and didn't want to pay randy. It's typical of what the pats do. So instead of waiting till end of year and letting him go scott free they get a 3rd rounder for him.. Smart if you ask me. Judging by Randy's comments and the NE organization's comments there were no hard feelings with randy leaving.

I don't hate Moss. I just don't think he is worth a roster spot.

I think the negative potential far outweighs his positive potential.

Same with LJ.

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 06:54 PM

So apparently it's ok for you to go by what you read on the internet...It's not what he supposedly said. It's out there. Players on the Vikings' confirmed it. The caterer confirmed it.

I agree it was a smart move by the Patriots...They got a 3rd rounder for him. I'm guessing the Vikings just decided that they don't want to win, because it's apparent that Moss was tremendous asset to the team.

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
i would rather have moss take chambers spot!

what has chambers done? he doesn't get doubled. He's not really a threat.

I don't want moss here for monster numbers. I want moss here for a down the field threat that will loosen up coverages on Bowe, Moeaki, and DMC. Also to keep safeties out of the box or close to the line of scrimmage. Moss takes the top off the defense. Charles has only had 1 50+ yrd rush as opposed to how many last year? Cuz teams bring their safeties down. Not to mention i'm sure moss would help Bowe in his game and catching the ball with his HANDS and not letting it get to his body.

Todd Haley is a strong personality just like Bill.
Charlie Weis and Scott Pioli are also the same. Which is what Moss needs. Just like Thomas Jones and his strong personality, we fit for him cuz we are hard nosed. Unlike Childress who is a bald headed rat that would probably throw his children to the wolves to make him look better and feel in control!

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 06:59 PM

I don't want moss here for monster numbers. I want moss here for a down the field threat that will loosen up coverages on Bowe, Moeaki, and DMC. Also to keep safeties out of the box or close to the line of scrimmage. Moss takes the top off the defense. Charles has only had 1 50+ yrd rush as opposed to how many last year? Cuz teams bring their safeties down. Not to mention i'm sure moss would help Bowe in his game and catching the ball with his HANDS and not letting it get to his body.

Todd Haley is a strong personality just like Bill.
Charlie Weis and Scott Pioli are also the same. Which is what Moss needs. Just like Thomas Jones and his strong personality, we fit for him cuz we are hard nosed. Unlike Childress who is a bald headed rat that would probably throw his children to the wolves to make him look better and feel in control!

I agree with you 100%...I just have this eerie feeling that he could also come here and everything the Chiefs have done this year goes down hill because he doesn't give a crap.

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
So apparently it's ok for you to go by what you read on the internet...It's not what he supposedly said. It's out there. Players on the Vikings' confirmed it. The caterer confirmed it.

I agree it was a smart move by the Patriots...They got a 3rd rounder for him. I'm guessing the Vikings just decided that they don't want to win, because it's apparent that Moss was tremendous asset to the team.

So there are reports he said it and he didn't say it. Didn't hear anything like this from NE so i'm going to go with option #2 and not throw somebody under a bus because of what some people say.

Jamaal even says in interviews if LJ is brought up that he still calls him and talks to him. So that is from the horses mouth.

Any others?
Btw most people on here assume i'm female by my screenname. So does that make it true?

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I agree with you 100%...I just have this eerie feeling that he could also come here and everything the Chiefs have done this year goes down hill because he doesn't give a crap.

Very possible i agree. But i think this organization fits him perfect. Just like NE did.
And if it doesn't work? then we loose 3mil for 8 games.
But that is the type of player you take the chance on. He is a once a decade kind of receiver. The pro's far outway the con's in this instance.

Cuz i would guarantee this organization wouldn't take his crap either and we would waive him or let him go after the season.

chief31
11-02-2010, 07:01 PM

I don't want moss here for monster numbers. I want moss here for a down the field threat that will loosen up coverages on Bowe, Moeaki, and DMC. Also to keep safeties out of the box or close to the line of scrimmage.

You don't get the feeling that he might not be too thrilled about finding out that he would only be here to help other players make catches?

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 07:03 PM
So there are reports he said it and he didn't say it. Didn't hear anything like this from NE so i'm going to go with option #2 and not throw somebody under a bus because of what some people say.

Jamaal even says in interviews if LJ is brought up that he still calls him and talks to him. So that is from the horses mouth.

Any others?
Btw most people on here assume i'm female by my screenname. So does that make it true?

I missed the articles saying he didn't say it...Whatever though. I'm not totally against bringing him in. I think if he came in with the right attitude he'd be a great asset. From his recent activity though I don't see it.

#58ChiefsFan
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM

We fianlly have a true hard nose coach, he will be in the dog house then out the door if he doesnt perform on and off the field. The one reservation I have is him in our run blocking scheme.

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
No matter where he goes it's going to be the same thing. he was fine in NE with not getting many balls thrown to him this year. He just wanted to know he was appreciated and get a contract cuz he really wanted to stay there.

He will block. I've seen him block, does he kill himself? No but he will block. Not to mention with commanding a double team just have him run down the field and a corner or safety to turn their shoulder and run with him and he doesn't even need to block!

Plus you would have to think he will tone it down with the events lately. He was great in NE, Minn didn't work out honestly because i believe childress is the locker room cancer there.

Ryfo18
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
No matter where he goes it's going to be the same thing. he was fine in NE with not getting many balls thrown to him this year. He just wanted to know he was appreciated and get a contract cuz he really wanted to stay there.

He will block. I've seen him block, does he kill himself? No but he will block. Not to mention with commanding a double team just have him run down the field and a corner or safety to turn their shoulder and run with him and he doesn't even need to block!

Plus you would have to think he will tone it down with the events lately. He was great in NE, Minn didn't work out honestly because i believe childress is the locker room cancer there.

Do you want Randy Moss at all? :chiefs:

fairladyZ
11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
well now that you mention it.... YES

haha

chief31
11-02-2010, 07:16 PM

I will just hope like h*** that he doesn't wind-up here.

And, if he does, then I will take it that he spoken with our staff and they honestly believe that they can get his head back in the game.

But I still think he will go and make another mess, wherever he does go.

KristofLaw
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know what happened in regards to the caterer, but I will say this. He is an employee of the Vikings and a local owner of a restaurant business in the immediate area. He has huge measurables to gain from this, let alone he is likely a big Viking fan.

Since his release, few in the media were on Randy's side and quickly backed Childress. I will have a very hard time accepting that Childress didn't take the opportunity to throw Moss under the bus to save his own hide.

Take me off ignore and you'll see my earlier posts that Childress was not even given the green light to dump Moss. In fact many sounded very disappointed in his actions. :D

Nor were many of his teammates wanting him out... in fact some were reportedly shocked (anonymous source again). I've got unverified rumors there too. :D

Coach
11-02-2010, 07:27 PM
WHat part of the "Right 53" do you think Moss represents. No way in hell he comes here. This team is already headed in the right direction. No diva WR is coming to KC, this is a running team. Especially a basket case like Moss.
San Diego could make sense. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he fell down the waiver wire all the way to New England. Belichick might pick him up just to poke fun at the whole situation. He gets Moss back and a 3rd round pick.

No way do I want Randy Moss. No way!

chief31
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
WHat part of the "Right 53" do you think Moss represents. No way in hell he comes here. This team is already headed in the right direction. No diva WR is coming to KC, this is a running team. Especially a basket case like Moss.
San Diego could make sense. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he fell down the waiver wire all the way to New England. Belichick might pick him up just to poke fun at the whole situation. He gets Moss back and a 3rd round pick.

No way do I want Randy Moss. No way!No chance. Someone in that division will pick him up just to block that move. :D

#58ChiefsFan
11-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I dont think a pure running team can win the superbowl in this era of the NFL.

Clock management works awesome to a point, but the trend to be able to throw points on the board quickly via this air it out scenario, which the rules have been tweaked to, sets us up for failure against the elite teams in the league.

We will have to aquire a wideout equal to or better than Bowe to have a legit playoff run.

Connie Jo
11-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I dont think a pure running team can win the superbowl in this era of the NFL.

Clock management works awesome to a point, but the trend to be able to throw points on the board quickly via this air it out scenario, which the rules have been tweaked to, sets us up for failure against the elite teams in the league.

We will have to aquire a wideout equal to or better than Bowe to have a legit playoff run.

I agree we will need more of a passing game to make it through the playoffs. Too many opposing playoff teams will be able to stop or slow our running game. That said, I don't know that Moss is the solution, temporary or not. What about Terrance Copper? I've been so preoccupied with following other aspects of the team, not sure, but seems like what little Copper has played he's done okay?? McCluster can fill in some of the gap as a WR also.

kckidd8870
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Just one word will some it all up.
NO

Chiefster
11-02-2010, 11:32 PM
...No.

OTR Chiefs fan
11-03-2010, 12:08 AM
He might be someone to have for the remainder of the season. But nothing long term. His latest comments suggests that he regrets leaving the Patriots and we know that's how the Chiefs are being structured as a team. He might buy into it and if he did he could be an asset. But, I would only pick him up for the season and bid him a fond farewell at the end. :chiefs:

chiefnut
11-03-2010, 10:17 AM
just think of all the bad things he could teach bowe

Chiefster
11-03-2010, 03:41 PM
just think of all the bad things he could teach bowe

:lol::lol::lol:

fairladyZ
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Moss goes to Titans.

Coach
11-03-2010, 04:52 PM