PDA

View Full Version : McFadden better than Charles?

wildcat
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
This is a joke. They have a poll on ESPN that asks who is the best running back in the Chiefs vs Raiders game. McFadden is getting the most votes!?

McFadden has some talent, but he never seems to stay healthy for long. If Charles was getting as many carries as McFadden per game, the stats wouldn't even look close. Charles is averaging a yard more per carry. He proved that he could be a 2000 yard type of back last year when he almost ran for 1000 yards in the final 8 games. And McFadden has already been out 2 games this year. I'm sorry, but durability is an extremely important attribute for an RB and McFadden is lacking in that department.

I don't think there is a way to link directly to the poll. If you click on the following link though, just look for "NFL: Chiefs at Raiders" in the left column:

SportsNation Polls - SportsNation - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls)

Ryfo18
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't take them seriously...They have won on there that says "The Chiefs will Win The NFC West"

SIC J
11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't take them seriously...They have won on there that says "The Chiefs will Win The NFC West"

I saw that too. LOL

Its more of a popularity contest. McFadden is good when he's healthy but I would pick about 4 or 5 other backs over McFadden.

Chiefster
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Again, and I reiterate: Meh.

honda522
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Against the bills, I believe Charles had a 8 YPC.

Charles: 6.0 Career rush average.
McFadden: 4.5 Career rush average.

Tied for TD's scored.

Charles has 7 more games than McFadden but Charles has had to split most carries with either Johnson or Jones..

Charles has 2143 total career rushing yards, while McFadden has 1524..Lets not forget Charles was a 3rd round pick, while McFadden was a 1st round pick.

These are just statistics, and Jamaal has a better comparison there. None the less in the past 3 seasons the Chiefs have won more games than the Raiders with each pf these backs on the teams.

Why do the Raiders have so many fans? They are worthless pieces of trash and their fans are just as much garbage as they are. For real...I can understand why the people like the Broncos and such...

Hope we kick some Raider trash around this week.

Coach
11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Funny thing is, heading into this season people were calling McFadden a bust. I don't even think he entered the season as the starter. Now he's supposedly better? Par for the course at ESPN in my opinion.

matthewschiefs
11-05-2010, 04:12 PM
ESPN giveing a Chief player no love shocking.

Charles is far better Mcfadden is no were near as good as he was thought to be comeing out of college.

SIC J
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Charles is also a better receiver as well.

Boxermm187
11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
MCRIB......Mcfadden is a strong back with a burst of speed. I will still take Charles over him at any point.

chief31
11-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I believe that Charles is in the discussion for best RB in The NFL.

Definitely the best-kept secret in The NFL.

But I do like how McFadden has looked this season. (Except for that horrible uniform. :D )

Connie Jo
11-05-2010, 08:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I believe that Charles is in the discussion for best RB in The NFL.

Definitely the best-kept secret in The NFL.

But I do like how McFadden has looked this season. (Except for that horrible uniform. :D )
Mcfadden has hooked my fatsay team up!!

hometeam
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
mcsadden wishes he could run like my boy JC.

chiefnut
11-06-2010, 11:55 AM
its a toss up. both are fast, quick,shifty, can make tacklers miss, but Charles has been more consistent.

hometeam
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
charles is light years faster, quicker, and shiftier. More consistent, and just plain better,

the only thing mcfadden has over charles is maybe power running, and JC has shown hes not afraid to power over guys either.

!

Ryfo18
11-07-2010, 01:34 AM
charles is light years faster, quicker, and shiftier. More consistent, and just plain better,

the only thing mcfadden has over charles is maybe power running, and JC has shown hes not afraid to power over guys either.

!

No way...McFadden's knock was always that he couldn't break tackles (thought it seems he's doing better this year). Charles racks up tons of yards after first contact.