PDA

View Full Version : They’re Cooking Something Up Down in Kansas City

ArmchairReport
11-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Our Kansas City Chiefs writer has his take on the upcoming game against the Oakland Raiders. I am really excited for this game myself. I love watching rushing offenses and I hope to see a fun game.

They’re Cooking Something Up Down in Kansas City | Armchair Report (http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/11/05/barbecuing-kansas-city/)

Connie Jo
11-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Well, wish I could say the same, but my tummy is in knots anticipating this game. I want it to be over with...with a Chiefs win of course. I want the game against Denver to be over with also...and I want our Chiefs to be 7-2 facing the Cardinals on the 21st.

Back to back despised division rival road games are horribly tough on my nerves & tummy!! I've always felt these back to back division road games were the toughest part of our schedule.

Also, I like a rushing game too, but I want to see some pass play action also...especially if either opposing defense plays well and stops or slows our rushing game. If that happens and we don't or can't pass, we stand a good chance of losing these games.

otf
11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
They’re Cooking Something Up Down in Kansas City

There will be a lot of people in KC eating it after the Chiefs lose to the Raiders this weekend, here is a picture of it...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/17.jpg

Big Daddy Tek
11-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Well, wish I could say the same, but my tummy is in knots anticipating this game. I want it to be over with...with a Chiefs win of course. I want the game against Denver to be over with also...and I want our Chiefs to be 7-2 facing the Cardinals on the 21st.

Back to back despised division rival road games are horribly tough on my nerves & tummy!! I've always felt these back to back division road games were the toughest part of our schedule.

Also, I like a rushing game too, but I want to see some pass play action also...especially if either opposing defense plays well and stops or slows our rushing game. If that happens and we don't or can't pass, we stand a good chance of losing these games.

This can't be the same confident Connie Jo that I know.

Come on Girl! Hold your head high and relax, we got this!!!

The Radiers ran on two of the worst run defenses in football and all of the sudden think that they are great. They are about to find out what greatness is all about!

As far as the Broncos, they might be the worst team that we have played up to that point. Rememeber that 49ers team that we blew out? Yeah, that same team just smashed the Broncos with their backup QB.

Are you ready now Connie!

otf
11-07-2010, 02:17 AM
The Radiers ran on two of the worst run defenses in football and all of the sudden think that they are great. They are about to find out what greatness is all about!
How is there any question on who has played tougher competition? 6 of the 8 teams we have faced are in the top 15 defenses for yards per game. Chiefs have faced 3 out of 7 teams in the top 15 in the same category.

Considering we have faced much better competition and still rank #2 rushing speaks volumes!

Teams the Raiders have played and the teams ranking against the run.

2 San Diego Chargers
8 St. Louis Rams
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Seattle Seahawks (They have given up 7 runs of 20+ & 1 of 40+ with Raiders getting 4 of the 7 for 20+ and the only 40+)
14 Houston Texans
15 Tennessee Titans
29 Arizona Cardinals
31 Denver Broncos

Teams the Chiefs have played and the teams ranking against the run.

2 San Diego Chargers
9 San Francisco 49ers
14 Houston Texans
19 Cleveland Browns
22 Jacksonville Jaguars
28 Indianapolis Colts
32 Buffalo Bills

Connie Jo
11-07-2010, 03:54 AM
This can't be the same confident Connie Jo that I know.

Come on Girl! Hold your head high and relax, we got this!!!

As far as the Broncos, they might be the worst team that we have played up to that point. Rememeber that 49ers team that we blew out? Yeah, that same team just smashed the Broncos with their backup QB.

Are you ready now Connie!

Thanks!! I needed that!! hahaha :D

I just don't trust Al Davis. It probably doesn't help that I've been watching old footage of Chiefs - Raiders games the last few days. Back when the Raiders played dirtier than dirt. I watched a clip earlier tonight where a Raider intentionally made a late hit on Len. Dude drilled him in the back spine with his helmet as hard as he could. The dude admitted in the interview he did it on purpose, said he was trying to hurt Len!

Yep...I been watching too many old NFL films of Chiefs - Raider games! I know this cause my blood is boiling and the game hasn't even began, LOL.

Connie Jo
11-07-2010, 03:59 AM
There will be a lot of people in KC eating it after the Chiefs lose to the Raiders this weekend, here is a picture of it...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/17.jpg

YUCK!! I was chewing on a Tootsie Roll when I saw this...you ruined it. Oh well, I didn't need the sugar high anyway, lol.

Canada
11-07-2010, 08:32 AM
How is there any question on who has played tougher competition? 6 of the 8 teams we have faced are in the top 15 defenses for yards per game. Chiefs have faced 3 out of 7 teams in the top 15 in the same category.

Considering we have faced much better competition and still rank #2 rushing speaks volumes!

2 San Diego Chargers
8 St. Louis Rams
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Seattle Seahawks (They have given up 7 runs of 20+ & 1 of 40+ with Raiders getting 4 of the 7 for 20+ and the only 40+)
14 Houston Texans
15 Tennessee Titans
29 Arizona Cardinals
31 Denver Broncos

2 San Diego Chargers
9 San Francisco 49ers
14 Houston Texans
19 Cleveland Browns
22 Jacksonville Jaguars
28 Indianapolis Colts
32 Buffalo Bills

Dont you find it odd that no one was talking about the Raitards until afther they played two ****ty teams? How did you make out against the rest of those teams? 5-2? Leading the division? Oh wait...thats the Chiefs!!

figcrostic
11-07-2010, 11:40 AM
YUCK!! I was chewing on a Tootsie Roll when I saw this...you ruined it. Oh well, I didn't need the sugar high anyway, lol.
LOL just stick with your regular high. No need for sugar :D.

hometeam
11-07-2010, 11:47 AM

2 San Diego Chargers
8 St. Louis Rams
9 San Francisco 49ers
14 Houston Texans
15 Tennessee Titans
29 Arizona Cardinals
31 Denver Broncos

2 San Diego Chargers
9 San Francisco 49ers
14 Houston Texans
19 Cleveland Browns
22 Jacksonville Jaguars
28 Indianapolis Colts
32 Buffalo Bills

Part of the reason our opponents rank lower is becuase we RAN ALL OVER THEM.

Your nearly 30 yards back PER GAME rushing. Your rushing attack is good, but ours is the best. prepare to get trampled~

otf
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Part of the reason our opponents rank lower is becuase we RAN ALL OVER THEM.

Your nearly 30 yards back PER GAME rushing. Your rushing attack is good, but ours is the best. prepare to get trampled~
Chief running backs... 29 atts for 85 yards
McFadden... 19 atts for 89 yards

Grab some bird off that plate above!

chief31
11-08-2010, 12:59 AM

How about if you grab a spoon, so you can eat my ***?

:lol:

Raiders played a tough game, but the refs won it for them.

That Ford kid was amazing. And McFadden was the only HB allowed to make an impact.

So I'll take a wing with extra BBQ please. :D

otf
11-08-2010, 01:17 AM
How about if you grab a spoon, so you can eat my ***?

:lol:

Raiders played a tough game, but the refs won it for them.

That Ford kid was amazing. And McFadden was the only HB allowed to make an impact.

So I'll take a wing with extra BBQ please. :D
Really going to blame the refs? Most Raider fans are wondering if the refs had money on the Chiefs...

Chiefster
11-08-2010, 01:20 AM
The officiating was very, very bad...

for both teams. The Raiders wanted it more plain and simple.

otf
11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
The officiating was very, very bad...
Agree 100% The clowns didn't even know what down it was on a couple plays.

To be honest, I thought it was over after the Bowe TD.

chief31
11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Really going to blame the refs? Most Raider fans are wondering if the refs had money on the Chiefs...

Why? Because you guys were unable to challenge, due to poor decisions on your own part?

Those refs saw something that didn't happen with that "block in the back" call, and took a TD off the scoreboard to help you.

Not to mention the nothing that happened, resulting in a defensive holding flag, to help get you into fieldgoal range at the end of regulation.

Chiefster
11-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Agree 100% The clowns didn't even know what down it was on a couple plays.

To be honest, I thought it was over after the Bowe TD.

Yeah, that was completely inexcusable. Those guys should never, ever officiate another NFL game again.

I went into this game feeling like it would not end well for the Chiefs.

Canada
11-08-2010, 02:56 PM

So let me be clear...you are bragging about your 89 yard/game RB??

otf
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
So let me be clear...you are bragging about your 89 yard/game RB??
Well, let this board tell it you have a top defense so a RB averaging 4.6 yards a carry is not bad at all, too bad he didn't get more carries.

At the same rate your "#1 running game" which was supposed to destroy our horrible run defense didn't do jack. Either our defense is better than you gave it credit or your run game is over-rated.

I will go with a little of both because as I pointed out and was laughed at, you have only played 3 teams in the top 15 in Run defense which is why you look so good on paper.

Ryfo18
11-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, let this board tell it you have a top defense so a RB averaging 4.6 yards a carry is not bad at all, too bad he didn't get more carries.

At the same rate your "#1 running game" which was supposed to destroy our horrible run defense didn't do jack. Either our defense is better than you gave it credit or your run game is over-rated.

I will go with a little of both because as I pointed out and was laughed at, you have only played 3 teams in the top 15 in Run defense which is why you look so good on paper.

Yeah, and we put up 135 (SD), 207 (SF), and 228 (HOU) agains those 3 teams. What's your point? Charles was dinged yesterday, didn't get enough carries, but still had 5.3 a tote.

Canada
11-09-2010, 06:45 AM

...so yes, you are bragging about your RBs 89 yard performance. I guess that goes along with all the hype of finally having a team that is playing over .500 ball.