PDA

View Full Version : Faider game thoughts

matthewschiefs
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Ok now that a couple of hours have passed I think this game is one that we defently did not deserve to win. The simple fact is that we got a HUGE break from the refs to even be in postion to go to ot. Were there calls that went against us yes there were. But IMO none of them had as big of an impact as that fumble call when IMO the runner was down.

Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.

The 2nd half the faiders outplayed the chiefs. That has me worried about this team going forward. Hopefully we see them rebound next week at mile hight. We need a huge win for sure. :chiefs:

hometeam
11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
The raiders defense was playing really well, especially up front.

We didnt let charles touch the ball enough.

Our Pass D the last few plays of regulation was poor.

Overall we didnt do bad, it was just a tough game and day.

Three7s
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
The O-line got used and abused all game.

bigpoppachief
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Honestly I knew we were going to lose as soon as I seen Ford make that return for a TD. I do think that we beat ourselves morethan the raiders beating us Flowers allowed some big plays that he usually shuts down but it's the NFL and it happens but we were at the black hole of the universe and they won off a FG I really feel we should of passed more in the game but it is what it is I mean we cna say Bowe lost the game because of the dropped first down McGraw dropped a drive stopping INT it just wasnt our game but we have to recoup and crush the Donks in Denver and get our lead back in the division we will have to play the raiders and donks at home still so we still def got a shot at the division we as true Chief fans knew today would go either way. Im upset but it could be worse McFadden could of ran for200 yds we didnt have McCluster either who i feel would of helped us out

iratefan
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Matt Cassel was NOT the reason that we lost that ball game. He did about all we really ask him to do. We didn't have much going in the running game and I think that hurt us much more then Matt Cassel. The O line had a down game. I think clearly there worst game of the season. Matt Cassel did hurt the team with the INT at the end of the half but For the most part I will take the effort he gave today.

I cant agree - Cassel once again showcases that he just doesnt have the stuff. Although i have to say i was hopeful throughout the first half, up until that pathetic interception lob to end the half.

Matt Cassel gave me hope when he was hitting the quick routes for decent yardage, but backed up against their own red zone he crumples. If you watch Cassel replays - he doesnt even look at the field, and often misses easy completion throws.

Cassel's 'brilliant' strike to Bowe only happens becuase Bowe wasnt even covered by a CB. Raiders Safety is screaming for help and no one slides over. easy completion, even for a panicky Cassel.

Even as poorly as we played, we had a handful of opportunities to clinch that game. When we blew all of those opportunities, our Defense was doing their best to hold one last time, and got raped by a phantom holding call. The whole game after the first half felt like a slow motion trainwreck to watch. Its little wonder after watching this game why no one can take the Chiefs seriously.

BTW - we have no business calling Raiders the 'faiders' right now. Not only do the chiefs deserve that nickname this week, but it just makes us look stupid.

Vandelay
11-07-2010, 10:48 PM
The play that I keep thinking of is the dropped pass by bowe with 2:20 to go. Why can't he catch the ball?

matthewschiefs
11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
The play that I keep thinking of is the dropped pass by bowe with 2:20 to go. Why can't he catch the ball?

That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch.

brdempsey69
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll give credit where it is due -- to the Raiders Jacoby Ford. He was the fastest player in the draft and today he made the Raiders look like geniuses for taking him in the 4th round. I don't care about his size, we all got to admit that this kid can play & he got it done in the clutch.

Vandelay
11-07-2010, 10:54 PM
That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch.
I have defended Cassel since he got here, but the last few weeks I have to admit I,ve been wondering How Brodie could do.

Vandelay
11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
How does Hali seem to get held on every pass play every week but it only gets called once a game if the Chiefs are lucky?

tornadospotter
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
This was a Classic, Chiefs vrs Raiders game of old. I love every minute of it, did not like the outcome, but loved the battle. The game intensity, the rivalry was there, fights, you name it. This was a great game. Next time we play, will be in ARROWHEAD!

matthewschiefs
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I have defended Cassel since he got here, but the last few weeks I have to admit I,ve been wondering How Brodie could do.

I really don't understand all the anti Cassel talk. He was 20-35 216 yards 2td 1int. Most teams would take that from there QB each week. There was a drop by D bowe witch if that is a catch we kneel and win the football game. I am not saying that Cassel can't be any better but today he was not getting a lot of help. Our running game was not what it had been all season. I don't think it's Cassel holding our offense back. I really really think we need a true number 1 WR. Bowe is not a true number 1. I think we get a real number 1 WR that helps Cassel it helps Bowe it helps us as an offense in genral. I have not see Cassel do anything horrible but maybe i am just missing something.

iratefan
11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
How does Hali seem to get held on every pass play every week but it only gets called once a game if the Chiefs are lucky?

every damn play!
That hurt us more then anything Cassel did. Cassel did his job on that play. Could it have been a better play sure but An NFL WR makes that catch. I wouldnt say _more_ than anything Cassel dd, but youre right that on THIS play, Cassel threw a good ball and Bowe BLEW it. like how on earth are you even a pro type of drop.

Vandelay
11-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I really don't understand all the anti Cassel talk. He was 20-35 216 yards 2td 1int. Most teams would take that from there QB each week. There was a drop by D bowe witch if that is a catch we kneel and win the football game. I am not saying that Cassel can't be any better but today he was not getting a lot of help. Our running game was not what it had been all season. I don't think it's Cassel holding our offense back. I really really think we need a true number 1 WR. Bowe is not a true number 1. I think we get a real number 1 WR that helps Cassel it helps Bowe it helps us as an offense in genral. I have not see Cassel do anything horrible but maybe i am just missing something.
I'm not bashing Cassel, I like him. I guess the thought of a cannon like Cryole has just makes me want to see what he could do.
Then again, if the reciever can't catch the ball, then what does it matter?

Chief Tyler
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
The officiating was garbage when looking at it from both sides, which surprised me considering the announcers mentioned that 4 of them had been on Super Bowl crews.

I was hoping to be proven wrong by Cassel, he looked fairly sharp for a drive or two after the first two three and outs. I was really disappointed as the game went along though. I can't agree that he executed what was asked of him. Our running game was contained and he was asked to air it out a few times, which he failed at. His decision to throw it short into coverage in that overtime was awful, I also think I saw a streaking and open Bowe in first down territory.

Flowers didn't have his best game, containing a speedster getting immaculate balls is a tough task, but he has to do better, especially with that ball that was taken from him by Ford.

I was pleasantly surprised by Berry, minus the block in the back.

Defense looked good really good for the most part, except for the big plays at the end of the game :(

I'm not exactly a HFBIQ person (like everybody didn't already know that), but the sacks allowed and lack of running game doesn't speak very well for them.

KristofLaw
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM
This was a Classic, Chiefs vrs Raiders game of old. I love every minute of it, did not like the outcome, but loved the battle. The game intensity, the rivalry was there, fights, you name it. This was a great game. Next time we play, will be in ARROWHEAD!

My thoughts exactly. Tough being on the side we were on but what you gonna do, you can't win 'em all.

I hate that the Chargers won today too though... that worries me more than our loss or the Raiders beating us honestly. I can't wait until they are done.

Ryfo18
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Not sure what Charles had to do get more touches. The fact that Thomas Jones had 1.7 YPC is pathetic, and he kept getting fed the ball. I fully expected the Chiefs to run the ball a lot more. It seemed like there were way too many 3rd and longs.

rodu
11-07-2010, 11:34 PM
This one hurts, take it out on the Donkey's next week

Chiefster
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM

A great big THIS!

tornadospotter
11-08-2010, 12:00 AM
My thoughts exactly. Tough being on the side we were on but what you gonna do, you can't win 'em all.

I hate that the Chargers won today too though... that worries me more than our loss or the Raiders beating us honestly. I can't wait until they are done.
This game had it all, penalties, rain, mud, fights, bad calls from refs, the only thing missing from the days of old, the raider personal foul call from a team brawl, I thought it was going to happen when we got that call in our favor on the fumble that was not. That was close to a bench clearing brawl, all that fighting and refs losing there hats!
We lost this time, but I saw a lot from our team today in that one play. It is back! This team has each others back. We needed this! The Chiefs are now Chiefs again! :chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::c hiefs::chiefs:

chief31
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
The thing with that fumble call that went in our favor is that The Raiders had sealed their own fate, by having used up their challenges/timeouts prior to that.

Instant replay is a major part of the game today. And coaches have to conserve timeouts and challenges for just such an occasion.

Refs deliberately lean toward allowing a play like that to continue, unless they are 100% positive of the call, so as not to restrict getting the right call through replay.

The refs did exactly what they are supposed to do on that one. It was The Raiders who blew it.

Now, the pi**-poor calls for penalties are a different story.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Once again the Chiefs are screwed on PI calls.

To be honest, I'm getting real sick and tired of all these late flags being thrown 5 secs after the play is over in EVERY game! As well as refs who are on the other side of the field or have no clear view of the play making the calls.

OMGLadyGaga
11-08-2010, 12:35 AM
That was a tough one to swallow. But again as a Chiefs fan its good to feel this way after a loss, havent had this sick feeling after a loss in years. Both teams played ugly, penalty riddled football. They won in overtime, we werent gonna go 14-2 right?

Lets just remember that we play them at arrowhead later on and hopefully we can put together a nice run and finish the season 10-6 and get into the playoffs. We have a good team, obv not a great team but we are in every single game and these Chiefs are playing exciting football games!

Next week in Denver is gonna be tough as well, donks suck this year but division games on the road are tough and you can throw records out the window. If our running game gets back to form we should be alright, we had opportunities to win this game and it just didnt go our way. It happens.

Raiders arent bad, i still hate them but this rivalry is waaay better when we are both good. Unfortunately the Chargers after beating the Titans and Texans are poised to go on a run and that to me is the biggest worry going into the 2nd half of the season.

Its just bitterly dissapointing that we could and "should" be 6-2 possibly 7-1 since we let that Houston game get away. Before the season i would've taken 5-3 though, and the best part is that this team is young and could compete for years to come. Still feel good about being a Chiefs fan! :)

Ryfo18
11-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Once again the Chiefs are screwed on PI calls.

To be honest, I'm getting real sick and tired of all these late flags being thrown 5 secs after the play is over in EVERY game! As well as refs who are on the other side of the field or have no clear view of the play making the calls.

We benefitted from a couple of these as well though.

JacobyFord
11-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Not sure what Charles had to do get more touches. The fact that Thomas Jones had 1.7 YPC is pathetic, and he kept getting fed the ball. I fully expected the Chiefs to run the ball a lot more. It seemed like there were way too many 3rd and longs.

To be honest he didn't look at full health on the field he was limping after a few plays. But to me its clear that they use thomas jones and the occasional Jamaal Charles to wear out the defense and then towards the end of the game run JC as much as possible. It was actually working on us the problem was 3rd down conversions.

chiefnut
11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
bowe needed to make that catch to keep our last drive alive and that big catch by the raders prior to the game tying fg needed to be reviewed...the ball came loose and was between his legs as he went down. those are the 2 plays that were killers

bbacker51
11-08-2010, 08:41 AM
We lost the game because of Richard Seymour. he's a good player, who made the plays he's paid to make. I get the feeling that the coaching staff underestimated what he could do.

kcvet
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
and Bowe does it again !!!! he drops a 1st down catch with under 2 to play that ends the games and we have a W

this guy makes just enough catch's to break your heart

garciakcfan
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
we need a deep threat wide receiver to stretch the field. Bowe, is disappointing me. our #1 receiver HAS to make those plays. Moeaki dropped a couple of balls too, one was for a first down that was an easy catch. I thought cassell played fairly well but he needs help from his receivers. Seymour was a beast and made waters look pedestrian from time to time. disappointing game, we always split wins every year though. still in first place!!!:chiefs:

kcvet
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
we need a deep threat wide receiver to stretch the field. Bowe, is disappointing me. our #1 receiver HAS to make those plays. Moeaki dropped a couple of balls too, one was for a first down that was an easy catch. I thought cassell played fairly well but he needs help from his receivers. Seymour was a beast and made waters look pedestrian from time to time. disappointing game, we always split wins every year though. still in first place!!!:chiefs:

by 1/2 a game. if Bowe can catch a pass we're up 2 1/2

garciakcfan
11-08-2010, 09:27 AM
by 1/2 a game. if Bowe can catch a pass we're up 2 1/2

still in first place it doesnt matter if its 1/2 a game

kcvet
11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
still in first place it doesnt matter if its 1/2 a game

yes it does if we keep dropping game winning pass's !!!!

N TX Dave
11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
The Chiefs lost the game themselves the tRaiders did not win it. They did have to take 10 points off the board because of penalties the punt return for the TD and the 41 yard field goal were both taken off after penalties.
I had a bad feeling about this game I really did not want to listen to it and was at a church Thankgiving dinner at 5:30 so did not get the second have after the opening kickoff run back.

OPLookn
11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh dear god....really people? Bowe drops one pass and you all act as if he's the singular reason that we lost the game. What about the pass that Cassel shorts to Bowe in the end zone because he's fading away for no reason.

Hmm what about the Cassel pass at the end of the half as he's fading away (AGAIN!) that is lobbed up and two yards away from Moeaki. Really?? Bowe is the reason we lost... Yes he, needs to catch that pass but dear god. Let's just call it for what it is, the TEAM lost. Not Bowe, not Cassel, the TEAM!

Hayvern
11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Officiating is getting worse and worse. Let's take all the bad calls and flags out of the game for a moment and just talk about the way they handled the easy stuff.

4th and goal, when it is 1st and goal. THen it was 1st and goal on the 1, when it should have been 1st and goal on the 11? These guys were very very bad today and it showed with the other poor calls they made all day.

OH and how about that stupid review of a catch that stopped the clock and gave the Raiders a play back? What were they reviewing anyway, the guy caught the ball and it meant nothing, but it gave the Raiders another play. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Officiating is getting worse and worse. Let's take all the bad calls and flags out of the game for a moment and just talk about the way they handled the easy stuff.

4th and goal, when it is 1st and goal. THen it was 1st and goal on the 1, when it should have been 1st and goal on the 11? These guys were very very bad today and it showed with the other poor calls they made all day.

OH and how about that stupid review of a catch that stopped the clock and gave the Raiders a play back? What were they reviewing anyway, the guy caught the ball and it meant nothing, but it gave the Raiders another play. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

That review also put 8 secs back on the clock!!!

Don't forget the holding call right before that, that gave them a 1st down.

Hayvern
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
That review also put 8 secs back on the clock!!!

Don't forget the holding call right before that, that gave them a 1st down.

Well I was trying to do my best to forget those things. Thanks for bringing them back up again.

Go ahead, I have a cut on my leg, you need some salt to rub in it? I have been on crutches the last two weeks, you want to kick those out from under me too?

:lol: :lol:

Just Kidding my friend!

Pro_Angler
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
there are 3 key moments in which we lost the game:

1. cassell birdwatching the reciever all the way from left to right on final play of 1st half and a half hearted lob pass that stayed in the air long enoug for me to go from arizona and catch before it hit the ground. That cost us a guaranteed 3 pts no OT we win.
2. The KO return for a TD.all of our guys were not attacking they were just standing there waiting to see it the runner was coming thier way.. (made me sick).
3. Bowe dropping the easy catch that went straight through his arms off his chest to the ground, that would have kept the drive alive and most likely a FG for the win (raiders were on the ropes).
4. I know I said 3 but this one also peeved me off!! OT we had great yardage on 1st down run and then pas and pass again deep to Moeaki..It was a horrible pass!! just run the ball.

on a side note I did not like the run up the middle on 2nd and 1-2 every time we got stopped 2 times in a row and punt.. That was a perfect PAP spot or screen or run outside (which we did well all game for positive yds).

Even the day after i am furious..We better beat denver or heads should roll..

iratefan
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Even the day after i am furious..We better beat denver or heads should roll..

Same - not often i find myself in agreement with the angry cop in the room (haha)

Pro_Angler
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
lol iratefan..

just watched haleys press conference from after the game.. he says" yea this game hurts and its tough to take but, i am really excited cause we have a lot of room to grow".

OMG just say it we sucked, cassell and bowe are 2nd stringers.. His ego has cost us 2 games thus far...
I put this loss on Weise and haley!!! bad play calling was more evident then the 3 bad passes by cassell..IMO.

kcvet
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
lol iratefan..

just watched haleys press conference from after the game.. he says" yea this game hurts and its tough to take but, i am really excited cause we have a lot of room to grow".

OMG just say it we sucked, cassell and bowe are 2nd stringers.. His ego has cost us 2 games thus far...
I put this loss on Weise and haley!!! bad play calling was more evident then the 3 bad passes by cassell..IMO.

I just watch it to. and Cassell's also. doesn't sound like anyone's gonna get fired. golly je whiz we lost it.