PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing

Three7s
11-07-2010, 10:43 PM
It's the only word that I can think of that describes how I'm feeling about this team. We made WAY too many mistakes that cost us the game.

The only reason it even went into OT was because the Raiders were screwing themselves too, but in the end, we wanted to lose it more than they did.

iratefan
11-07-2010, 10:55 PM
What makes it more embarrassing was all the trash we were talking all week long in some of the raiders visitor threads too. Pretty sad when your winning strategy is to basically let the opposing QB self destruct after they concentrate on shutting out the rush.

KristofLaw
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm more disappointed that the Chargers won this week. We could make this game up when Oakland comes to town... the Chargers took an extra game from us by defeating a team we lost to and in Houston no less. The game was tough on both sides... it's a rivalry game. It wasn't 50-0. Sucks.

chief31
11-08-2010, 12:02 AM
I am not embarrassed.

My team is in first place in their division.

I didn't like the play-calling. And the refs really took control of this game.

But I am still quite proud of The Chiefs, for the most part.

Chiefster
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Well, the Chiefs are adept at yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory and I'm as disappointed with the loss, but I can't say that I'm surprised at the outcome.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Officiating was flat out HORRIBLE! Chiefs had a chance to win and close out the game and Bowe dropped the ball.

But I believe the refs kept the Raiders in the game with flat out BS calls on the last drive.

I know its going to be a different outcome when the game is in KC. And Chiefs are still in 1st place!!!

tornadospotter
11-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I will leave all the could haves, should haves, and other for you all to debate and argue about. I for one Chief fan, am not happy about losing, but still loved every minute of that game! It was a Chiefs and Raiders game that had it all, except the raider personal foul call for starting a brawl, still this was a great game! We will be better from this!

Chiefster
11-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I will leave all the could haves, should haves, and other for you all to debate and argue about. I for one Chief fan, am not happy about losing, but still loved every minute of that game! It was a Chiefs and Raiders game that had it all, except the raider personal foul call for starting a brawl, still this was a great game! We will be better from this!

Yup! I'm disappointed in the loss, but agree it was a classic Chiefs - Raiders brawl!

Bike
11-08-2010, 03:17 AM
I am not embarrassed.

My team is in first place in their division.

I didn't like the play-calling. And the refs really took control of this game.

But I am still quite proud of The Chiefs, for the most part.
I'm not embarrassed either. They had to kick a field goal in OT - at their house - to beat us. It was a costly loss, but not embarrassing. If you want to see embarrassing, look at cowboys and patriots losses yesterday...

JacobyFord
11-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Officiating was flat out HORRIBLE! Chiefs had a chance to win and close out the game and Bowe dropped the ball.

But I believe the refs kept the Raiders in the game with flat out BS calls on the last drive.

I know its going to be a different outcome when the game is in KC. And Chiefs are still in 1st place!!!

Are you kidding me? That pass interference call that lead to your first touchdown was clearly NOT a PI. The fumble from Nick Miller.. NOT a fumble. Both of those led to a TD's. If anything the referees were keeping YOU in the game.

Can't believe someone who watched the full 4 QTR's of this ball game could actually think that the referees helped us win this game. Unbelievable. It was terrible for both sides but if the calls were more terrible for one team it was definetely my Raiders.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Are you kidding me? That pass interference call that lead to your first touchdown was clearly NOT a PI. The fumble from Nick Miller.. NOT a fumble. Both of those led to a TD's. If anything the referees were keeping YOU in the game.

Can't believe someone who watched the full 4 QTR's of this ball game could actually think that the referees helped us win this game. Unbelievable. It was terrible for both sides but if the calls were more terrible for one team it was definetely my Raiders.

LOL. Yeah cuz the couple flags that the Raiders got 10 secs AFTER THE PLAY was over were legit right?

So was the holding call on the Raiders game tie-ing drive that gave them a first down. Or the so-called catch that should've never been reviewed that gave the Raiders an extra down and most importantly 8 secs back on the clock.

FACT - 12 penalties on Chiefs to 15 on the Raiders. 6 or more penalties on the Raiders were OBVIOUS dumb penalties like offsides and illegal motion. And I believe 2 illegal hands to the face. Raiders hurt themselves on penalties with half of them being dumb mistakes.

JacobyFord
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
LOL. Yeah cuz the couple flags that the Raiders got 10 secs AFTER THE PLAY was over were legit right?

So was the holding call on the Raiders game tie-ing drive that gave them a first down. Or the so-called catch that should've never been reviewed that gave the Raiders an extra down and most importantly 8 secs back on the clock.

FACT - 12 penalties on Chiefs to 15 on the Raiders. 6 or more penalties on the Raiders were OBVIOUS dumb penalties like offsides and illegal motion. And I believe 2 illegal hands to the face. Raiders hurt themselves on penalties with half of them being dumb mistakes.

Both of your TD's were the direct result of horrible refereeing. No doubt the raiders hurt themselves with the stupid penalties but there were many many bad decisions for both sides of the refereeing squad. But to actually say the raiders won because of a holding call that wasn't a holding after getting the most botched punt return fumble call I've ever seen and the pass interference call against chris johnson that led to your first touchdown which also was a very strange decision is absolutely ridiculous.

Any reasonable chiefs fan who was actuall watching the game I'm sure would agree 100% with me.

Ryfo18
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Both of your TD's were the direct result of horrible refereeing. No doubt the raiders hurt themselves with the stupid penalties but there were many many bad decisions for both sides of the refereeing squad. But to actually say the raiders won because of a holding call that wasn't a holding after getting the most botched punt return fumble call I've ever seen and the pass interference call against chris johnson that led to your first touchdown which also was a very strange decision is absolutely ridiculous.

Any reasonable chiefs fan who was actuall watching the game I'm sure would agree 100% with me.

I hate agreeing with a Raider fan, but yes, I do. Bad calls on both sides of the ball. I think the fumble was close, but it looked like knee hit right as the ball came out, which wouldn't be a fumble. It was horribly officiated game, the Raiders came up with plays to win in the end and the Chiefs couldn't do that. Good win, see you in week 17.

CapitalT
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I hate agreeing with a Raider fan, but yes, I do. Bad calls on both sides of the ball. I think the fumble was close, but it looked like knee hit right as the ball came out, which wouldn't be a fumble. It was horribly officiated game, the Raiders came up with plays to win in the end and the Chiefs couldn't do that. Good win, see you in week 17.

I agree. The refs were horrible and there were bad calls all around. I'm never happy about a loss to the Raiders but, there should be no excuses here, we lost.

We shouldn't lose next time though. Their is nothing I saw in the Raiders yesterday that makes me fear them.

matthewschiefs
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

First off after yesterday I HATE YOUR USER NAME.

But your right. Did we get some bad calls against us sure we did. But We only got the lead in the 4th because we got a break from the refs. The refs were HORRIBLE all game long. But it was on both sides.

chiefnut
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM

i agree with those points and you should also agree that we have valid points about many other calls/non calls, like the no holding call on your TD return, the no review on the big catch to set up the FG in regulation[he had the ball between his legs when he went down],lack of holding calls on whomever tried to block Hali....the officiating in that game just sucked plain and simple and it was not the reason we lost. poor play from a number of players at crucial times is what did us in. neither team could run the ball and although we had the better QB pressure cambell had a better day than cassel and he still did not look very good. as a team we needed to play better on both sides of the ball so please go and celebrate hard and long and we'll see you again at ARROWHEAD for what i am sure will be a much different game!!!:chiefs:

SIC J
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
You guys are ALL wrong. The call on the fumble was the RIGHT call. It was the Raiders fault they used up their challenges. At first glance, it looked like a fumble. Therefore the refs called it a fumble in the first place. Whether or not it would've been over-turned can not be answered. In the camera angles we saw on TV, there was no CLEAR view if his knee was on the ground before the ball started coming loose. I watched it several times to see for myself. And I honestly couldn't say if it was on not on the angles we got to see.

When the Chiefs lose a fair played game, I man up and say, "Chiefs lost". When we win cuz of the refs playing favorites to the Chiefs, I also admit that as well. Cuz in the end, the Chiefs ain't paying my bills or putting money in my pocket so its not THAT serious. Its pure entertainment for a couple months.

Boxermm187
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM
i had to hear it all day long today at work. my co worker is a raider fan and he let me have it. all this trash talk really bit me on the ***. now there is a Denver fan that really has a mouth on him, and i am going to shoot myself if we lose that game too. i had a lot of people over to watch the game and me and my wife are the only chief fans i know. so i thought this game was finally going to convince everybody that this team is legit, but nooooooooooooo they had to choke at the end. so embarrassing!!!!

CapitalT
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
You guys are ALL wrong. The call on the fumble was the RIGHT call. It was the Raiders fault they used up their challenges. At first glance, it looked like a fumble. Therefore the refs called it a fumble in the first place. Whether or not it would've been over-turned can not be answered. In the camera angles we saw on TV, there was no CLEAR view if his knee was on the ground before the ball started coming loose. I watched it several times to see for myself. And I honestly couldn't say if it was on not on the angles we got to see.

When the Chiefs lose a fair played game, I man up and say, "Chiefs lost". When we win cuz of the refs playing favorites to the Chiefs, I also admit that as well. Cuz in the end, the Chiefs ain't paying my bills or putting money in my pocket so its not THAT serious. Its pure entertainment for a couple months.

There were other bad calls that went against the Raiders regardless of how you see the fumble.

The first pass interference call is a good example. I would have been screaming if that had been called on us. There were also bad on us.

We lost ... time to Man-up.

Chiefster
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Yup, can't blame anyone but the Chiefs for the loss; all things being equal.

chief31
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM

Sorry. No.

Let's compare your PI call to our Defenive holding call...

1st quarter, 2nd and seven, bad PI call against The Raiders.

If that play is deemed an incomplete pass, the next play The Chiefs actually ran was a seven yard rush, that would have been a first down anyway.

Bad call? Yes.
Helpful to the opponent? Yes.
Detrimental to the outcome? No.

Now, 4th Quarter, 3rd down, 1:00 on the gameclock, with The Raiders down by three and no TOs remaining. Automatic first down. And allows an extra play before time expires.

Bad call? Yes.
Helpful to he offense? Yes.
Detrimental to the outcome? Yes.

By allowing The Raiders an extra play in that situation, which of these final three plays is the one that would have been unable to happen...?

Game-tying FG? Spike the ball so time doesn't expire before game-tying FG? Or 29 yard pass to get into FG range?

You really don't believe that a 1st quarter mistake is as costly as one with 1:00 left in the game, do you?

Now...

Let's compare the fumble that wasn't reviewed that gave The Chiefs the ball late, and the PR TD taken off the board...

The fumble was, most definitely, detrimental to the scoreboard. But that was not the refs' mistake. It was the mistake of your team having mis-used timeouts and challenges to where they were unable to challenge on such a game-changing play.

The refs did exactly what they are supposed to do. They made the call that allowed the play to finish, because there was no clear-cut decision to make during the play.

The Raiders blew that call. Not the refs.

Now, taking a TD away from the game, for a ref's mistake is the fault of the refs.

Even if we assume that The Chiefs only gain the 25 yards that they did after that PI call, that leaves them at the 19 yard line. FG. You were robbed of four points.

To counter that, the PR TD taken off is seven points.

If you just grant those points, you lose, 27-24. Forget about the help you got on the last drive of regulation. You would have needed a hail mary instead of a FG, just to tie.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah what he said!!!! LOL

honda522
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM

HAHA! If Miller didn't fumble than that means Arenas didn't fumble.