PDA

View Full Version : Five things I want from my team following this debacle

#58ChiefsFan
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
This loss is unacceptable. Todd Haley needs to man up during the press conference Monday.
#1. He needs to accept that there was a major coaching failure today and admit that they contributed to this loss.
#2. Explain in detail why we continue to be so poor on third down EVERY week.
#3. Tell us the logic behind trying to throw the fn ball when you had the #1 rushing offense.
#4. Tell the truth about the horrible "officiating" today.
#5. Punish the donks for this loss.
:chiefs:

Three7s
11-07-2010, 11:37 PM
This loss is unacceptable. Todd Haley needs to man up during the press conference Monday.
#1. He needs to accept that there was a major coaching failure today and admit that they contributed to this loss.
#3. Tell us the logic behind trying to throw the fn ball when you had the #1 rushing offense.
Here's my best impersonation of Haley just for you:

On point #1, well, I take full responsibility for the team's loss. We didn't make enough plays when it mattered and we'll do our best to get to being a good team. *yawn*

As for your next point, third down is something that we're working on right now. We know we aren't executing at a high level in third down situations, and that has to change for us to be a good team.

We felt that throwing the ball was going to get us more success because the Raiders were stacking the box heavily. Those guys have a very physical defensive line and their linebackers are filled with speed. It just didn't work out for us.

The refs have a very difficult job that they do at an extremely high level. I know I could never make most of those calls and I have a lot of respect for those guys in the stripes.

The Broncos have a very good and fast team, and with this being another one of those divisional games on the road, it's going to present many difficulties that will help this team get to where it needs to be.

Alright guys, how did I do?!

Chiefster
11-07-2010, 11:40 PM

On point #1, well, I take full responsibility for the team's loss. We didn't make enough plays when it mattered and we'll do our best to get to being a good team. *yawn*

As for your next point, third down is something that we're working on right now. We know we aren't executing at a high level in third down situations, and that has to change for us to be a good team.

We felt that throwing the ball was going to get us more success because the Raiders were stacking the box heavily. Those guys have a very physical defensive line and their linebackers are filled with speed. It just didn't work out for us.

The refs have a very difficult job that they do at an extremely high level. I know I could never make most of those calls and I have a lot of respect for those guys in the stripes.

The Broncos have a very good and fast team, and with this being another one of those divisional games on the road, it's going to present many difficulties that will help this team get to where it needs to be.

Not surprisingly very well! :bananen_smilies046:

OMGLadyGaga
11-08-2010, 12:52 AM

1. I dont think the coaching was the problem, just that our O-line got beat up all day and ultimately this is the deciding factor in a football game. Plus them running back a kick on special teams, and us having one called back was the difference in the game.

2. We suck on 3rd down because we are a rushing team plain and simple. 3rd and longs are waaay too common watching the chiefs play. Thats because we run, run, pass. Or we throw on first down incomplete or short check down. Then on second we run for 3-4 yards and on 3rd we have to pass again and ultimately another incompletion. This is pretty unacceptable and we should be incorporating more play action into our play calls.

3. We had to start passing because the Raiders were stopping our run game. I think more specifically the raiders were stopping thomas jones for little to no gain almost every play. THe better question was why not hand the ball to JC and jump in HIS back. We have a 2 headed monster at the running back position but we need to be able to use them both equally. And at times when one is getting shut down, rely on the other.

4. Officials suck plain and simple, but every team in the nfl either gets hurt or benefits from the official's calls throughout the season. So using it as an excuse isnt really right, since every team has to deal with them. In a 16 game season, all officiating calls tend to even out and the team's play is the overall determining factor in winning/losing seasons.

5. If our running game gets back to form, there is no doubt we will beat Denver. However if we have to rely on Cassel and our passing "attack" then any team in the nfl can keep up with us and possibly steal the game. Also, we are a horrible comeback team. We need to rely on ball control and playing with the lead. These are serious issues that handicap us against the better teams in the league.

chief31
11-08-2010, 01:10 AM
1. I dont think the coaching was the problem, just that our O-line got beat up all day and ultimately this is the deciding factor in a football game. Plus them running back a kick on special teams, and us having one called back was the difference in the game.

2. We suck on 3rd down because we are a rushing team plain and simple. 3rd and longs are waaay too common watching the chiefs play. Thats because we run, run, pass. Or we throw on first down incomplete or short check down. Then on second we run for 3-4 yards and on 3rd we have to pass again and ultimately another incompletion. This is pretty unacceptable and we should be incorporating more play action into our play calls.

3. We had to start passing because the Raiders were stopping our run game. I think more specifically the raiders were stopping thomas jones for little to no gain almost every play. THe better question was why not hand the ball to JC and jump in HIS back. We have a 2 headed monster at the running back position but we need to be able to use them both equally. And at times when one is getting shut down, rely on the other.

4. Officials suck plain and simple, but every team in the nfl either gets hurt or benefits from the official's calls throughout the season. So using it as an excuse isnt really right, since every team has to deal with them. In a 16 game season, all officiating calls tend to even out and the team's play is the overall determining factor in winning/losing seasons.

5. If our running game gets back to form, there is no doubt we will beat Denver. However if we have to rely on Cassel and our passing "attack" then any team in the nfl can keep up with us and possibly steal the game. Also, we are a horrible comeback team. We need to rely on ball control and playing with the lead. These are serious issues that handicap us against the better teams in the league.

I agree with most of what you stated.

But #4 I can't.

It is all too obvious that some teams/players get a little bit more of a "benefit of the doubt" from referees.

And others get just a bit less than average.

We have had alot of PI/DH (Defensive Holding) calls go against us that just shouldn't.

I watch alot of NFL football. Not just The Chiefs. And I have not seen anything near what I have seen going against The Chiefs.

Normally, I absolutely hate saying that refs cost my team a win. But I am seeing sooo much of it this season.

Big Daddy Tek
11-08-2010, 02:01 AM

WOW! That was truely outstanding. You hit it perfectly! LMAO!

Big Daddy Tek
11-08-2010, 02:03 AM
I agree with most of what you stated.

But #4 I can't.

It is all too obvious that some teams/players get a little bit more of a "benefit of the doubt" from referees.

And others get just a bit less than average.

We have had alot of PI/DH (Defensive Holding) calls go against us that just shouldn't.

I watch alot of NFL football. Not just The Chiefs. And I have not seen anything near what I have seen going against The Chiefs.

Normally, I absolutely hate saying that refs cost my team a win. But I am seeing sooo much of it this season.

How about Tamba Hali getting held atleast once every series of downs it seems like.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Officiating throughout the league this year has been flat out HORRIBLE!!! Even on reviewed plays, they have been making the wrong calls.

wilqb16
11-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Damn - that was really spot on!

wilqb16
11-08-2010, 02:20 AM

OK - now that I did this right - damn this was really spot on!

kcvet
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM

6. get a new WR. Bowe cost us this one with another drop and smile

reded
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
6. get a new WR. Bowe cost us this one with another drop and smile

I'll take two, as Chambers has failed to impress thus far and Bowe has had an ample amount of time to prove that he can be a reliable WR. I don't care how much help he gives in the run game, the man has dropped balls this year that were potential game winners for us.

Anyone can be taught to block but some people just can't catch a F'ing ball.

kcvet
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll take two, as Chambers has failed to impress thus far and Bowe has had an ample amount of time to prove that he can be a reliable WR. I don't care how much help he gives in the run game, the man has dropped balls this year that were potential game winners for us.

Anyone can be taught to block but some people just can't catch a F'ing ball.

im watching metro sports this morning and they are letting him have it with the bark on !!! he makes that catch at the end we run out the clock and get a W. instead we kick and the faiders tie it up !!! I knew we were gonna lose. Bowe makes just enough catch's to break your heart. he......has.............GOT........to go !!!!

honda522
11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I can tell you where it went wrong...The KOR. Had you stopped him there, that would of been a win. Teams feed off momentum and that was all the momentum they needed.

What is worse than this loss, is now we have to hear about how the Raiders are the best team in the NFL now. I don't want to here it.

Hayvern
11-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I can tell you where it went wrong...The KOR. Had you stopped him there, that would of been a win. Teams feed off momentum and that was all the momentum they needed.

What is worse than this loss, is now we have to hear about how the Raiders are the best team in the NFL now. I don't want to here it.

That kickoff return was blown by a guy that will probably be let go this week. #34, Travis Daniels ran up to the play and stopped, and allowed himself time to be blocked out of the play. When that happened it was all over.

He did not attack the ball, he didn't even slow the guy down so he could get some help.

SIC J
11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
That kickoff return was blown by a guy that will probably be let go this week. #34, Travis Daniels ran up to the play and stopped, and allowed himself time to be blocked out of the play. When that happened it was all over.

He did not attack the ball, he didn't even slow the guy down so he could get some help.

Yeah I noticed that too. I was like, "what the hell is that guy doing just standing there?"

kcvet
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
we ran one back to. but it was flagged. doink !!!

the faiders tried to give this one away with 14 penalities???? and how many did we have????

SIC J
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
we ran one back to. but it was flagged. doink !!!

the faiders tried to give this one away with 14 penalities???? and how many did we have????

Chiefs - 12 penalties

Raiders - 15 penalties. They had 6 or more for offsides/illegal motion/ hands to the face. Those were stupid penalties that the Raiders hurt themselves with.

To say the refs were on the Chiefs side or the game was almost given to us is retarded. The bad calling on the Raiders last drive hurt the Chiefs the most and cost them the game. Well along with Bowe not catching the damn 3rd down pass.

Ryfo18
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Chiefs - 12 penalties

Raiders - 15 penalties. They had 6 or more for offsides/illegal motion/ hands to the face. Those were stupid penalties that the Raiders hurt themselves with.

To say the refs were on the Chiefs side or the game was almost given to us is retarded. The bad calling on the Raiders last drive hurt the Chiefs the most and cost them the game. Well along with Bowe not catching the damn 3rd down pass.

Agreed, we benefitted from bad calls as well.

kcvet
11-08-2010, 11:02 AM
the refs totally lost control of this game. that call when Moeaki was ruled down at the 1 was a classic example. they forgot that was a 1st and goal. massive confusion followed
the league should review they're competency. were these guys on loan from San Quentin ????

Chiefster
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
the refs totally lost control of this game. that call when Moeaki was ruled down at the 1 was a classic example. they forgot that was a 1st and goal. massive confusion followed
the league should review they're competency. were these guys on loan from San Quentin ????

The Rocco School for Women.

Coach
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Bowe may be the best 1st down WR in the league, and the worst 3rd down receiver in the league. If you throw it to him when we don't HAVE to have a catch, he's money.

Boxermm187
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
STOP the crucial plays and meltdowns that lead to loses. this team needs to play with some confidence like............lets take this ball and move to field goal range and win the ball game. not go three and out. STEP UP when it is NEEDED!

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 03:59 AM

REP!!!