PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bo the clown needs to leave town

Californiachief
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Bowe Bowe the clown needs to go. All you Cassel haters need to understand he is not the one dropping touchdowns or game winning first downs.:mancard:

#58ChiefsFan
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
:sign0023: :blows: :thumbdown: :dbowe: :homer:

matthewschiefs
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't want to get rid of Bowe. I want to get a real number 1 WR and keep bowe. If we have a true number 1 then Bowe can be a good 2nd WR. Look at what he did when we had Tony G. I liked that Bowe. He is just not a number 1 WR in the nfl.

wilqb16
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't want to get rid of Bowe. I want to get a real number 1 WR and keep bowe. If we have a true number 1 then Bowe can be a good 2nd WR. Look at what he did when we had Tony G. I liked that Bowe. He is just not a number 1 WR in the nfl.

I agree - I think the problem is that Bowe is being used as a #1 when clearly he isn't consistent enough to be that guy. I think he would be a good #2, though. I think what makes things worse is that Chambers has just disappeared. Is it me or does he look a step slower than he did last season? (and I know cause its not because he isn't in shape) On the PI, he got zero seperation from the corner. Seems like everytime I have seen him on screen this season he is being covered like a blanket.

With McCluster out, things are made much worse because now we really have no options but Bowe and Moeaki.

Ryfo18
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/20.jpg

Boxermm187
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
stupid post!! yeah and let go of charles cause he didn't run for 150 yards....yeah right!

KristofLaw
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't like it to much when we folks dis' on our own... whether deserv'ed or not. Commentary and critiqueing is one thing, dissing is another... jus' sayin' http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/22.jpg

captainamerica
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't think we should get rid of him, because it would be tough for us to get a fair investment back for him. If we could get a decent player or a 2nd round draft choice for him than I'd be all for it. Otherwise I think we should just keep him and look towards finding a true #1 option. Bowe has talent. He's a good football player, he just doesn't come through when it matters. His problem is all mental. I wonder if seeing a sports psychologist might help him.

Connie Jo
11-09-2010, 02:22 AM
I have to admit after the Chiefs won the toss in OT, then didn't do anything on their first drive...I left my daughters house and began the 45 minute drive home. I had a gut feeling after all the mistakes that had been made throughout the game, that the Chiefs weren't going to pull out a win.

Did I miss something bad that Bowe did during overtime? The last play I saw involving Bowe was the sweet catch he made for a TD score that gave us the lead towards the end of the game. Our defense failed to prevent Oakland from getting within FG range...had they not, we would've won the game, thanks to Bowes TD catch & Cassels pass.

I noted one missed catch by Bowe, and that wasn't entirely his fault. Cassel threw it short and low, Bowe had to drop to his knees trying to catch it. Yes, it was a catchable ball, but not effortless, and not a well thrown ball by Cassel.

Is it possible as a result of Bowe's missed catches in 2009, that the stigma which resulted has carried over into 2010 and fans are now over critical of him, looking to constantly put the blame on Bowe for a game loss?

Here's why I think we lost:

1) Too many holding penalties, of which called back 10 pts...a FG score and a TD return by Javier.
2) Too many penalties overall, of which some yet again were bad calls by refs, but they made bad calls against the Raiders too, so it balanced out I suppose.
3) Cassel wasn't at his best, made some bad throws. Not sure if some of the bad playcalling was him or coaching.
4) Not converting on third over & over & over again.
5) Defense missed at least two fairly easy catches for interceptions...yep, they missed catches, dropped balls, whatever you want to call it.
6) Defense missed many tackles.
7) Special teams allowed a kickoff return for a Raider TD score.
8) Too many completed passes by Campbell for first downs, pass defense wasn't good enough.
9) Our O-line broke down too many times allowing Cassel to be sacked and his having to run with the ball, which he did well, give him credit for that.

The Chiefs overall as a team lost the game to the Raiders, with or without bad ref calls.

brish
11-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Connie I think that missed catch you talk about was for a first down, that most likely would have sealed the game.

I disagree that it was in anyway a hard catch, it was right where it had to be.
A little low (right in his stomach), but that also insured the defender had no chance to get a hand on it. Bowe simply whiffed it, by using insanely poor technique for a receiver..

Seriously.. When making a "belly catch" like that, the ONLY thing you have to do is put your elbows together.. He didn't do that.. I could have made that catch for crying out loud..

It's such a crying shame that Bowe is so inconsistent, because i really think he is trying hard. But I think it is clear that he is just not a no.1 WR or a go to guy.

hometeam
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Bowe is never going to be "that guy"

like Fitz, Boldin, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice or Chris Carter, or any of the top top top WRs who catch every ball. He NEVER WILL BE.

That doesnt mean he isnt an asset to the chiefs, and hes still the best we have. Getting rid of him is a DUMB idea.

Ryfo18
11-09-2010, 11:33 AM

like Fitz, Boldin, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice or Chris Carter, or any of the top top top WRs who catch every ball. He NEVER WILL BE.

That doesnt mean he isnt an asset to the chiefs, and hes still the best we have. Getting rid of him is a DUMB idea.

Couldn't agree more!

figcrostic
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM

This

matthewschiefs
11-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Agree 100% he might not be a number 1 WR but he is someone that can be a help to this team. You don't just get rid of someone like that.

Chiefster
11-09-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/20.jpg

Hilarious! :lol:

Coach
11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Bowe is our best true WR, but that aint sayin much. He can make the circus TD catch, but not the "move the chains" catch.
We talk about this after every game. We need a guy like Hakeem Nicks that can stretch the field and has good hands. I'd expect to see the Chiefs try to find a guy like that in the draft next year in the 2nd or 3rd round.
This team is pathetic at WR, that really isn't a secret. The best WR on this team has been our TE for many years.

kckidd8870
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
That is right,we need a true #1 wide out.I like Bowe and all.Yes he makes same great plays,but not a true #1.Even if he was a true #1 wide out
,we don't have anyone to take the pressure of him.Connie joe,I agree it's not all bowe,that lost the game but it didnt help.That's how you close out games.By making big plays.It was an easy catch.He will make the hard catches all day long.It's all about concentration or a lack there of.When it is just an easy little throw.You don't think to much about it and you drop it.Witch is unexcepable in the nfl.Making the money these players make.All in all ,it shouldn't have came down to that.The Raiders should have been done by half time.

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Bowe: 7 TD scores, 26 receptions, zero fumbles. Stats show he catches by far more than he misses, including catches contributing to Chiefs wins.

As far as Bowes missed catch being for the 1st down, I remember, and you're correct kckidd. I'm not trying to excuse Bowe by bringing this point up, rather now that I'm reminded of that missed catch on a 3rd down...why in the hell did we call a pass play any way? It was 3rd and 1...we have two very talented and capable top runningbacks who could've easily and more than likely converted on a 3rd and 1. Hell, why not have Cassel jump for it...he was on the run and rushing often any way throughout the game. At the time that happened, I wasn't concerned with Bowe missing...rather was trying to understand the playcall in the first place. One yard to go on a 3rd nearing the two minute warning, we have the lead, and we pass?

pojote
11-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I know Bowe is not the best WR in the league, but we have to look what we have.
Waht about our young players? Are they trustworthy?
I think Dexter (healthy) and probably Tucker can be good options to relay on.

kcvet
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Connie I think that missed catch you talk about was for a first down, that most likely would have sealed the game.

I disagree that it was in anyway a hard catch, it was right where it had to be.
A little low (right in his stomach), but that also insured the defender had no chance to get a hand on it. Bowe simply whiffed it, by using insanely poor technique for a receiver..

Seriously.. When making a "belly catch" like that, the ONLY thing you have to do is put your elbows together.. He didn't do that.. I could have made that catch for crying out loud..

It's such a crying shame that Bowe is so inconsistent, because i really think he is trying hard. But I think it is clear that he is just not a no.1 WR or a go to guy.

I agree. most WR's make that catch. it was thrown right where it needed to be. he makes that catch game over we win. man was I ticked !!!! nothing to throw at the TV

Chiefster
11-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Bowe is our best true WR, but that aint sayin much. He can make the circus TD catch, but not the "move the chains" catch.
We talk about this after every game. We need a guy like Hakeem Nicks that can stretch the field and has good hands. I'd expect to see the Chiefs try to find a guy like that in the draft next year in the 2nd or 3rd round.
This team is pathetic at WR, that really isn't a secret. The best WR on this team has been our TE for many years.

That is what always amazed me most about Bowe; it seems he always has to be under some kind of deep duress in order to make the catch, but let the ball hit him square in the hands and he drops it more often then not.

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
The Chiefs lost the game! Period. They played like the faiders, they played to the lower level of the faiders! They made mistakes they don't normally make! Yes, if Bowe had made that catch I think the game would have been over, but he did catch that nice TD. He does have 6 TD's in the last 4 games! That's more than he had all last year! He has played much much better since we ripped him for that drop in the endzone! Bowe is very talented and had a good game, Cassell is a very averge QB. Charles should have been given more carries, Haley made and continues to make a mistake and gave the majority of the carries to Jones! Charles is not only faster than Jones, he is as tough as they come! Give Charles the ball more!!! Give him a chance to do what he did against the donkeys in the last game of 09! Charles is our best offensive weapon, use him! Our team made some stupid mistakes, and we lost to the faiders! Now, bring on the donkeys I think we come out and run all over them! Donkeys are at home but I think our Chiefs take it easily! No more stupid mistakes!!!

Canada
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
The Chiefs lost the game! Period. They played like the faiders, they played to the lower level of the faiders! They made mistakes they don't normally make! Yes, if Bowe had made that catch I think the game would have been over, but he did catch that nice TD. He does have 6 TD's in the last 4 games! That's more than he had all last year! He has played much much better since we ripped him for that drop in the endzone! Bowe is very talented and had a good game, Cassell is a very averge QB. Charles should have been given more carries, Haley made and continues to make a mistake and gave the majority of the carries to Jones! Charles is not only faster than Jones, he is as tough as they come! Give Charles the ball more!!! Give him a chance to do what he did against the donkeys in the last game of 09! Charles is our best offensive weapon, use him! Our team made some stupid mistakes, and we lost to the faiders! Now, bring on the donkeys I think we come out and run all over them! Donkeys are at home but I think our Chiefs take it easily! No more stupid mistakes!!!

We average 179.6 yards per game and you are complaining about the running game? Thomas Jones has the 2nd most yards in the league over the last three years. Why wear out Charles now when we have Jones. I dont know if u saw him limping around the field, but I would rather they split the carries and let Charles run wild in the playoffs instead of limping into the playoffs.

CapitalT
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Bowe Bowe the clown needs to go. All you Cassel haters need to understand he is not the one dropping touchdowns or game winning first downs.:mancard:

"Hater" seems to be the new code word for gives the slightest criticism to. Especially the Cassel "Hater" comments.

These preemptive strikes do not promote very good discussion in my opinion.

matthewschiefs
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM

I for one think Charles would have been the one getting most of the carries at the end had he not got banged up in that game. He was banged up why risk him getting really hurt and not being able to be on the field in later games.

But I do agree that if the Chiefs cut out the stupid mistakes they should beat denver. We made the mistakes last week and lost. We really need to get this game.

ARAIDERFAN
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Yep, You lost to a better team. PERIOD.

Ryfo18
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM

I can roll with your assumption that any loss makes the winning team the better team. Go ahead and place the Raiders below the Cardinals and 49ers.

Canada
11-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I can roll with your assumption that any loss makes the winning team the better team. Go ahead and place the Raiders below the Cardinals and 49ers.:lol:
Hey Raider fan...where u been that last 8 years?

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree. most WR's make that catch. it was thrown right where it needed to be. he makes that catch game over we win. man was I ticked !!!! nothing to throw at the TV

From my point of view...Bowes making that catch was not a guaranteed win, there is no such thing in the NFL...it ain't over till it's over. There was still plenty of time on the clock at that point, anything could've happened, went wrong.

So you were pissed at Bowe for not making the catch to convert to 1st...but you don't question the risky pass play call in the first place on a 3rd and 1 when we have two of the NFL's top RB's, and nearing the two minute warning with the lead?

We retained the lead after Bowes miss, after that drive...a lead resulting from Bowes TD catch moments earlier. What followed was our defense failed to prevent Oakland from driving to within FG range, making the FG to tie the game. So you don't question our defense at all for allowing that successful FG scoring drive?

See...these are just a few points as to why I'm so confused that many are blaming Bowe alone for the loss? I'm not comprehending the logic behind blaming Bowe for the loss, sorry...just don't get it. :/

If one wants to look at a single play being blamed for the loss, then I would blame the pass play call itself. The way I see it is...had we given the ball to Charles or Jones to rush for that one yard we would've very likely converted on third. Bowe wouldn't have been a factor. Hell, with Haley's history of going for it we might have had even a 2nd shot at it if necessary on 4th, run even more time off the clock. Oakland kicked the FG with only 6 seconds remaining on the clock.

Even Cassel could've jumped for one, he's done it before, in fact did it in the game against Buffalo. He got the first, but then for some dumb reason a time out was called right before Cassel made the play and our first was taken from us. Refs said the time out was called by coaching a second or two before Cassel jumped the pile for the first. We ended up punting then.

Just sayin...'if only'...shoulda, woulda, coulda...

:chiefs:

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:09 PM

In honor of good sportsmanship between rival fans, could you please do me a favor? Pretty please? It's really just an itty bitty tiny favor...could you please give me your word you will return to our forums on January 3rd?

Thank you in advance for your good sportsmanship participation. :D

chief31
11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
From my point of view...Bowes making that catch was not a guaranteed win, there is no such thing in the NFL...it ain't over till it's over. There was still plenty of time on the clock at that point, anything could've happened, went wrong.

Actually...

That catch does win the game.

There was 2:20 left on the clock and The Raiders had zero TOs remaining.

If Bowe makes that catch....

:40 seconds until we have to run a play leaves 1:40 on the clock.

1st down, Kneel, 40 more seconds until we have to run another play leaves 1:00.

2nd down, kneel, another 40 seconds gone before a third down snap leaves :20.

3rd down, kneel....which dissolves those last 20 seconds before we have to snap the ball for fourth down.

Game over.

I am not one suggesting that Bowe needs to be gone. I like him. He had just made his TD catch, the previous possession.

But that drop is as big as any he has ever made.

matthewschiefs
11-10-2010, 07:18 PM

So you were pissed at Bowe for not making the catch to convert to 1st...but you don't question the risky pass play call in the first place on a 3rd and 1 when we have two of the NFL's top RB's, and nearing the two minute warning with the lead?

We retained the lead after Bowes miss, after that drive...a lead resulting from Bowes TD catch moments earlier. What followed was our defense failed to prevent Oakland from driving to within FG range, making the FG to tie the game. So you don't question our defense at all for allowing that successful FG scoring drive?

See...these are just a few points as to why I'm so confused that many are blaming Bowe alone for the loss? I'm not comprehending the logic behind blaming Bowe for the loss, sorry...just don't get it. :/

If one wants to look at a single play being blamed for the loss, then I would blame the pass play call itself. The way I see it is...had we given the ball to Charles or Jones to rush for that one yard we would've very likely converted on third. Bowe wouldn't have been a factor. Hell, with Haley's history of going for it we might have had even a 2nd shot at it if necessary on 4th, run even more time off the clock. Oakland kicked the FG with only 6 seconds remaining on the clock.

Even Cassel could've jumped for one, he's done it before, in fact did it in the game against Buffalo. He got the first, but then for some dumb reason a time out was called right before Cassel made the play and our first was taken from us. Refs said the time out was called by coaching a second or two before Cassel jumped the pile for the first. We ended up punting then.

Just sayin...'if only'...shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Bowes drop would have made it to were something would had really had to go wrong for us to even give the faiders the ball back. Something that is very rare. And something that I really think happens to much with him

That being said there were tons of other mistakes that cost us that game. Arens fumble,Studebaker holding takeing a field goal off the board,Berrys penalty on Arenas return. This was A KANSAS CITY CHIEFS loss. Not a Matt Cassel loss not a D bowe loss. I 100% agree this is a woulda coulda shoulda game.

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
"Hater" seems to be the new code word for gives the slightest criticism to. Especially the Cassel "Hater" comments.

These preemptive strikes do not promote very good discussion in my opinion.

I agree, "hater" is too strong of a word to use.

That said, Californiachief calling Dwayne Bowe "bo bo the clown"...doesn't promote very good vibes on my side of the PC, LOL.

~virtual tongue still hurts from biting~

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Bowes drop would have made it to were something would had really had to go wrong for us to even give the faiders the ball back. Something that is very rare. And something that I really think happens to much with him

That being said there were tons of other mistakes that cost us that game. Arens fumble,Studebaker holding takeing a field goal off the board,Berrys penalty on Arenas return. This was A KANSAS CITY CHIEFS loss. Not a Matt Cassel loss not a D bowe loss. I 100% agree this is a woulda coulda shoulda game.

What about the pass play call itself though? No one is mentioning a reason, or opinion...as to why a pass play was called in the first place...

3 and 1, two top NFL RB's capable of converting...nearing the two minute warning, Chiefs lead...risky pass play called to Bowe...?????

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Actually...

That catch does win the game.

There was 2:20 left on the clock and The Raiders had zero TOs remaining.

If Bowe makes that catch....

:40 seconds until we have to run a play leaves 1:40 on the clock.

1st down, Kneel, 40 more seconds until we have to run another play leaves 1:00.

2nd down, kneel, another 40 seconds gone before a third down snap leaves :20.

3rd down, kneel....which dissolves those last 20 seconds before we have to snap the ball for fourth down.

Game over.

I am not one suggesting that Bowe needs to be gone. I like him. He had just made his TD catch, the previous possession.

But that drop is as big as any he has ever made.

I'll agree with this, I neglected to remember Oakland had no timeouts remaining, which makes a huge difference. However...I still question the pass play to Bowe in the first place, haha.

It appears I've taken on a new Chiefs fan related role...defender of all things Bowe, hahahaha. :D

~I only hope he doesn't give me many more reasons to defend him, cause it's a tough job!...but somebody's gotta do it, haha~

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
The ironery in all of this is...had Bowe not made the catch for the TD giving us back the lead...his miss on the next drive would'nt have many fans across the internet blaming him for the loss. That entire drive would've been executed differently had we remained behind in score.

Bowe...damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

chief31
11-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, the play call was correct too. It was 3rd and 11 at the time.

Sorry.:D

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, the play call was correct too. It was 3rd and 11 at the time.

Sorry.:D

Seriously? Apparently my daughters TV cable showing the play stats was missing a 1...cause we were all seeing 3 under down and 1 yard to go. We were all baffled as to why the pass play was called. There were also errors showing timeouts remaining at times. Not sure if it was CBS or her local cable network making errors.

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Honestly, I'm not being funny...TV stat box really showed 3 and 1, hahaha. Did anyone else notice that, or notice at times the timeouts were wrong? Also, they were making errors on showing number of penalties and penalty yards...it wouldn't change after half time for quite some time.

chief31
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Seriously? Apparently my daughters TV cable showing the play stats was missing a 1...cause we were all seeing 3 under down and 1 yard to go. We were all baffled as to why the pass play was called. There were also errors showing timeouts remaining at times. Not sure if it was CBS or her local cable network making errors.

Yeah. It was 3rd and 11.

Penalty gave us 1st and 20, Charles picked up 12 for 2nd and 8, Jones lost three, making it 3rd and 11.

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders - 2010 Week 9 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110710/2010/REG9/chiefs@raiders#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay)

You should be able to scroll down to 2:20 left in the fourth quarter to see it.

Oddly, NFL Replay omitted that possession, as well as the Raiders possesion that preceeded it, following Bowe's TD catch to take the lead.

Also, after Bowe "woulda" caught that pass, the clock would have read about 2:15. Even less than the amount I worked with in the previous post.

But I like Bowe. And the loss is not his fault.

But he had the victory in his grasp, and let it go. Just as Flowers did, just a few plays later.

brdempsey69
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
People, the Chiefs blew the game for a variety of reasons. Not just Cassel, not just Bowe, not just Berry, not just the refs etc. Watching the game, they just blew it from the 2nd QTR on. That's all folks.

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah. It was 3rd and 11.

Penalty gave us 1st and 20, Charles picked up 12 for 2nd and 8, Jones lost three, making it 3rd and 11.

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders - 2010 Week 9 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110710/2010/REG9/chiefs@raiders#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay)

You should be able to scroll down to 2:20 left in the fourth quarter to see it.

Oddly, NFL Replay omitted that possession, as well as the Raiders possesion that preceeded it, following Bowe's TD catch to take the lead.

Also, after Bowe "woulda" caught that pass, the clock would have read about 2:15. Even less than the amount I worked with in the previous post.

But I like Bowe. And the loss is not his fault.

But he had the victory in his grasp, and let it go. Just as Flowers did, just a few plays later.

I just called my daughter to verify I wasn't losing my mind, lol...she said, "yeah, it showed 3 and 1, don't you remember how upset you and Mike were cause they passed it?" I rely on closed caption because of my hearing loss...I can't hear the announcer's clearly. Anyway, that resolves my questioning why the pass play was called, cause yeah, no choice with 11 yards to go but to pass. pfffffft :(

Connie Jo
11-10-2010, 08:17 PM
People, the Chiefs blew the game for a variety of reasons. Not just Cassel, not just Bowe, not just Berry, not just the refs etc. Watching the game, they just blew it from the 2nd QTR on. That's all folks.

Absolutely correct!! :)

matthewschiefs
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
What about the pass play call itself though? No one is mentioning a reason, or opinion...as to why a pass play was called in the first place...

3 and 1, two top NFL RB's capable of converting...nearing the two minute warning, Chiefs lead...risky pass play called to Bowe...?????

I didn't love the play call at all either. But at the same time I can't say that I hate it. Our running game was not going like it had been all year. And hey Bowe had a chance to make a play. But I would have ran the football there for sure.

Three7s
11-10-2010, 10:17 PM
The last two games are showing the importance of McCluster. Stats just don't tell the whole story.

Without the threat of McCluster, the Raiders stacked the line and dared us to try passing to our incredibly slow receivers. If McCluster is in the formation, the Raiders don't know what's coming.

It's becoming apparent that we need a weapon at WR and bad. Preferably someone who can run decent routes and can stretch defenses. McCluster reminds me of Kimble Anders or Darren Sproles, not a top WR.

CapitalT
11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I agree, "hater" is too strong of a word to use.

That said, Californiachief calling Dwayne Bowe "bo bo the clown"...doesn't promote very good vibes on my side of the PC, LOL.

~virtual tongue still hurts from biting~

I suppose I am a bit sparse on praise sometimes since I've seen so many really good Chiefs teams come up short. However, I believe this team, as a whole, can be better and will be better. In fact, I believe it has the potential for being a great team.

Given that, I will check my own negative attitude at the door. You're right Connie, let's go easy on the vindictives. These could be the players that, dare I jinx it, win it all.

figcrostic
11-11-2010, 12:07 AM
The last two games are showing the importance of McCluster. Stats just don't tell the whole story.

Without the threat of McCluster, the Raiders stacked the line and dared us to try passing to our incredibly slow receivers. If McCluster is in the formation, the Raiders don't know what's coming.

It's becoming apparent that we need a weapon at WR and bad. Preferably someone who can run decent routes and can stretch defenses. McCluster reminds me of Kimble Anders or Darren Sproles, not a top WR.

Completely agree Mccluster is a threat I hope we can get him in more as a slot receiver and I would like to pick up a speedy WR in the offseason.

Connie Jo
11-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I suppose I am a bit sparse on praise sometimes since I've seen so many really good Chiefs teams come up short. However, I believe this team, as a whole, can be better and will be better. In fact, I believe it has the potential for being a great team.

Given that, I will check my own negative attitude at the door. You're right Connie, let's go easy on the vindictives. These could be the players that, dare I jinx it, win it all.

Well, thing is...with my at times overly loyal personality, making fun of one of our Chiefs by calling them a name, like 'bo bo the clown', is darn near equal to calling one of my kids a name, hahaha. I'm almost as protective and defensive of our Chiefs as I am my kids too, lol.

When something, or someone...has been a part of your life for as long as the Chiefs have been mine...in a sense they do become family. They're in my life daily, even during the off season. The players come and go, but they're still our Chiefs.
I'll be the first to admit and criticize poor play, but do so retaining respect for the team I've been loyal to since I was a kid, more or less.

I have very good feelings about this team also, more so than the Vermeil team. Last team I remember feeling this positive about would've been mid 90's...with Montana. I felt good about the 97 team, but with Gannon leading, not Grbac.

I believe our Chiefs lost heart when they lost DT (RIP). They had good offensive years, but the heart was missing during the Vermeil years. I'm seeing heart on the field with this team, both sides of the ball. I believe we're on the road to bringing the Lombardi home...if not this year, possibly next...but I believe in this team.

I'm a firm believer in keeping a team together as much as possible when good things are developing. I think it's important for consistent play and Super Bowl contention more than just one lucky year. Thankfully Pioli seems much wiser as a GM than CP...because it appears he is willing to keep this team together...considering he negotiated keeping DJ. :)