PDA

View Full Version : First Win Of The Season!!!

sling58
09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Lovin It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I hear ya dude.

root for jacksonville, they are playing the broncs right now!

sling58
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Go Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chief31
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
As ugly as it may have been, I sure am glad that I don't have to start rooting for draft position, just yet.

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
As ugly as it may have been, I sure am glad that I don't have to start rooting for draft position, just yet.

Last year we were 0-2 and slid in the playoffs. hopefully we do more than slide this year.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM

I am more and more impressed by our defense every week.

Jags scored again 14-7

chief31
09-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I am more and more impressed by our defense every week.

Jags scored again 14-7

GO JAGS!!!! LOL.

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
GO JAGS!!!! LOL.

BEAT THOSE DONKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
So will we keep up the good fortune next week at SD?

chief31
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
BEAT THOSE DONKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Donks blow!!!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
So will we keep up the good fortune next week at SD?

Of course! SD is stinkin' up the field last couple of weeks.

Hope they don't think they can take their revenge out on us!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Hee-HAWWW!!!! Hee-HAWWW!!!! Donks are crap!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Of course! SD is stinkin' up the field last couple of weeks.

Hope they don't think they can take their revenge out on us!

I sure hope we keep our momentum going. SD does suck now that they have a new coaching staff, Ummmm......sounds a little familar!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I sure hope we keep our momentum going. SD does suck now that they have a new coaching staff, Ummmm......sounds a little familar!

I'm still waiting for Croyle to get in there and sling that ball to Bowe for about 400 yards!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm still waiting for Croyle to get in there and sling that ball to Bowe for about 400 yards!

yes? ha ha. I say stay with Huard for now! When he got the oppurtunity he showed himself kinda valuable.

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:19 PM
17-7 Jags at the Half

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
16-7 Oak? The s*** stains from Cleveland needs to step it up

hermhater
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM
yes? ha ha. I say stay with Huard for now! When he got the oppurtunity he showed himself kinda valuable.

Dude, those passes he threw were horrific, Dbowe saved his a$$!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah but atleast they got to a Chiefs player. Croyle was throwing to the other team in preseason.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah but atleast they got to a Chiefs player. Croyle was throwing to the other team in preseason.

Touche!

sling58
09-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Don't get me wrong Brodie is a great QB but he needs to calm down a little before we put him in. With us struggling it won't help him or us.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Oakland just took the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Crap!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Denver just recovered a fumble on the 3 yard line.

Come on jags!

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Chiefs...W

Broncos...L

Chargers...L

Oakland.....winning right now 26 to 24 in the 3rd qtr.

the iranian president is on 60 minutes right now. gotta go watch that. peace.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Chiefs...W

Broncos...L

Chargers...L

Oakland.....winning right now 26 to 24 in the 3rd qtr.

the iranian president is on 60 minutes right now. gotta go watch that. peace.

Oakland won...I hate that stupid timeout at the last second ploy on the game ending FGs....Cleveland made the first oppty, but had to come back after a timeout, and the 2nd chance was blocked.

VikeFan4L
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Good Job on the W. I was at a baseball game and heard we missed a wide open throw in the end zone and bad call by the ref, calling our RB throw incomplete. Someone said our defense is overrated, what do ya think now? was a good match though it seems

hermhater
09-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Good Job on the W. I was at a baseball game and heard we missed a wide open throw in the end zone and bad call by the ref, calling our RB throw incomplete. Someone said our defense is overrated, what do ya think now? was a good match though it seems

Welcome back Vike!

It was pretty sloppy for both teams.
I'll take an ugly W.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 07:53 PM

yes, and i mean he was WIDE OPEN!!! just overthrown. That touchdown or should i say non-touchdown gave the Chiefs the win!! THANK GOODNESS FOR IT!!! oh man, we should have lost.

But i saw signs of hope in that game. And all that hope lies in our RECEIVER!! The D Bowe show. Get use to seeing it. The d bowe/gonzalez combo is what will give us a chance to win games. Running on first down is what will lose us games. We need to pass pass, and when they know we are going to pass....PASS AGAIN!!! cause our rushing is a joke. We have an absolutely horrible, immoble runnign back.

So the two biggest detriments to our team right now is LJ and the Herm. SHIIIIIIIIT they are pathetic. But good job huard for making some passes and getting ur *** bailed out as well by our boy d bowe and his side show.

I hope Huard gets a non life threatening injury forcing Croyle in, but until then....GO HUARD!!!!! :)

DrunkHillbilly
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Looks like Bowe may be the real deal!! Man, is our O line the worst in the league or what? I don't know how many times the RB got tackled right when he took the handoff!!

hermhater
09-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Looks like Bowe may be the real deal!! Man, is our O line the worst in the league or what? I don't know how many times the RB got tackled right when he took the handoff!!

Why are there always a bunch of Chiefs linemen lying on the ground after every play?

It looks like they are napping out there.

Three7s
09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Part of the reason LJ got owned against the Vikes is because they had a million men on the line to stop LJ. That's impossible to block. However, that made it easy to pass, which we did later in the game.

Also, I freaking hate how the Raiders won today, but hey what comes around goes around. Donks did it to them a week ago.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Part of the reason LJ got owned against the Vikes is because they had a million men on the line to stop LJ. That's impossible to block. However, that made it easy to pass, which we did later in the game.

Also, I freaking hate how the Raiders won today, but hey what comes around goes around. Donks did it to them a week ago.

If HERM wasn't so scared to throw the ball, I think we could have won by a couple of TDs.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
If HERM wasn't so scared to throw the ball, I think we could have won by a couple of TDs.

i agree.

Coach
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Yes. It did seem like Charma. They lost when they should have won last week on the fg agains the donks, and won when they would have lost against the browns on a fg.

m0ef0e
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Man, it was intense! Arrowhead was so loud on the vikes last 2 possesions... Absolutely awesome. The first half was bad and LJ didn't get anything going but at least he kept the defense honest. I'm feeilin the Tony G/ DBowe combo... Good stuff. I'm going to post some pics tomorrow.

Coach
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Cant wait to see the pics!

OTR Chiefs fan
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Man, it was intense! Arrowhead was so loud on the vikes last 2 possesions... Absolutely awesome. The first half was bad and LJ didn't get anything going but at least he kept the defense honest. I'm feeilin the Tony G/ DBowe combo... Good stuff. I'm going to post some pics tomorrow.

Can you say.... Allen and Bowe?! :yahoo:I think Herm had a revelation today, he realized you can actually throw the football in the NFL, it's allowed! It is sweet to have another legit receiver in Bowe, so the defense can't key on Gonzalez all the time. And what about Jared Allen? He was a maniac today! :56: I think the dude came to play today. The defense was outstanding today and it was good to see the offensive adjustments they made in the second half. See Herm, it's okay to throw the football!! Can't wait for the pics.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Can you say.... Allen and Bowe?! :yahoo:I think Herm had a revelation today, he realized you can actually throw the football in the NFL, it's allowed! It is sweet to have another legit receiver in Bowe, so the defense can't key on Gonzalez all the time. And what about Jared Allen? He was a maniac today! :56: I think the dude came to play today. The defense was outstanding today and it was good to see the offensive adjustments they made in the second half. See Herm, it's okay to throw the football!! Can't wait for the pics.

I've been telling y'all since I got here. Once we get Brody and Bowe on the field together we will rival Manning/Harrison.

Coach
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I've been telling y'all since I got here. Once we get Brody and Bowe on the field together we will rival Manning/Harrison.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's not get carried away here.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-23-2007, 10:05 PM

I don't know if I'd go that far! But it's sure a good start. :D

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM

HAHAHAH ok probably not manning....but yeah i agree that it will be a site to see!!! i am as excited about brody as are you!!! too bad i doubt we see him until our playoff hopes end...which they will.

I LOVE KC!!! I hate rebuilding.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't know if I'd go that far! But it's sure a good start. :D

Just you wait and see guy!

OTR Chiefs fan
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
HAHAHAH ok probably not manning....but yeah i agree that it will be a site to see!!! i am as excited about brody as are you!!! too bad i doubt we see him until our playoff hopes end...which they will.

I LOVE KC!!! I hate rebuilding.

I agree. There is no way Herm is going to put Croyle in unless Huard gets injured or we're eliminated from playoff contention. I think the veterans would rebel right now if he did. :mob: (veterans rebelling!) :lol:

tornadospotter
09-23-2007, 11:07 PM
THAT WAY I LIKE IT! Now that we got that losing monkey of our backs, Let go beat the he77 out of SD. Tornados are very good at destroying a charge.:character00129:

tperkins73
09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I was asking for Brodie at Halftime today when it looked like Penalties and bad special teams play would make us 0-3, but I doubt he would be able to lead us to the playoffs this year.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I think a better comparison might be Grossman/Berrian. Sorry but Croyle will look good one play and bad the next as a young QB. With the defense you guys have now a QB like Huard will take you farther this year...he's obviously not the future, but look at what's going on with the Bears...they are at least in the game to the end if Griese is in the game, but thanks to Grossman it ends up being a blowout the wrong way.

Three7s
09-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I think a better comparison might be Grossman/Berrian. Sorry but Croyle will look good one play and bad the next as a young QB. With the defense you guys have now a QB like Huard will take you farther this year...he's obviously not the future, but look at what's going on with the Bears...they are at least in the game to the end if Griese is in the game, but thanks to Grossman it ends up being a blowout the wrong way.
Hahaha, yeah I saw that embarrassment of a game that Grossman played tonight. He's gotta be the worst QB I've ever seen.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 12:26 AM
He's horrible, and I like that analogy in that KC's defense has improved immensely. If Chicago would give in and put Griese in, they might lose the "big play" occasionally, but they'd be better suited to control the ball, play field position and give their defense a chance to win football games for them. I agree Croyle is more talented from the neck down than Huard...the problem is the vacuum space between his ears.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 12:29 AM
He's horrible, and I like that analogy in that KC's defense has improved immensely. If Chicago would give in and put Griese in, they might lose the "big play" occasionally, but they'd be better suited to control the ball, play field position and give their defense a chance to win football games for them. I agree Croyle is more talented from the neck down than Huard...the problem is the vacuum space between his ears.

How can you say that?

It takes at LEAST 6 starts to evaluate a young quarterback!

He needs the experience and he is just sitting on the sidelines not learning because of the crappy play calling!

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 12:34 AM
How can you say that?

He needs the experience and he is just sitting on the sidelines not learning because of the crappy play calling!

the conservative thing to do is always go with experience.

i agree with you, i would love to start croyle...but i am not going to deny that doing so would be more of a "risk".

it would be bad to put our "quarterback of the future" in the game too early, him to play bad, and never recovery from the psychological part of losing and poor play. That is a scenerio that could happen, and end up jeapardizing the investment we put in him.

That being said, I "think" he would do really well, and would also LOVE to see him put in :) :fatlock:

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
How can you say that?

How can I say that Croyle is mentally deficient...he looked loss in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd team defenses....I'm not saying he can't get there, but what I was saying is that despite his physical talent, he isn't the QB that gives you guys the best chance to win at this point. It's my opinion...you have yours...

6 starts...he might get better...I'm just not convinced.

As for learning on the sidelines vs. the field, with the play-calling as is I'm not sure how much he'd learn on the field either.

stlchief
09-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Agreed on 6 starts to understand what we have with Croyle, but why not wait until the season is over before "evaluating" players? Hopefully, Huard continues to play well (yes I said it), play-calling gets better, and we take the AFC West, go to the play-offs, win at least one game, and have a QB controrversy again next year....

Chiefster
09-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Agreed on 6 starts to understand what we have with Croyle, but why not wait until the season is over before "evaluating" players? Hopefully, Huard continues to play well (yes I said it), play-calling gets better, and we take the AFC West, go to the play-offs, win at least one game, and have a QB controrversy again next year....

..all the while picking 22 or 23 in the draft - again.

m0ebr0
09-24-2007, 11:21 PM

Chicago was cheering for Griese Sunday night. Even though Huard did not have a good half at least we dont boo him or cheer for Coryle. Huard did not play good first half but the second half he was lookin alot better. Which is alot like last year. So I think Huard will sart to do better as the season goes on.

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 01:35 AM
I personally see Huard as being very similar to a 2000-2001 Trent Dilfer. He's not great, but with the KC defense, and the skill players around him, he needs to just not "hurt" them and they'll win 10 games. In the AFC West this year that may be enough to win the division. Oakland won't win more than 5, Denver with Cutler will struggle to approach .500, and as long as Norv Turner is employed in San Diego, figure 9-10 is a high-water mark for them.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 01:38 AM
I personally see Huard as being very similar to a 2000-2001 Trent Dilfer. He's not great, but with the KC defense, and the skill players around him, he needs to just not "hurt" them and they'll win 10 games. In the AFC West this year that may be enough to win the division. Oakland won't win more than 5, Denver with Cutler will struggle to approach .500, and as long as Norv Turner is employed in San Diego, figure 9-10 is a high-water mark for them.

The AFC West always has at least 3 teams over .500.

It will remain the same this year.

Hope were are one of them.

If things don't change I see Denver, Chiefs, Oakland, Chargers as the order and we don't make the playoffs.

Please call different plays HERM!

royalswin100games
09-25-2007, 01:42 AM

If things don't change I see Denver, Chiefs, Oakland, Chargers as the order and we don't make the playoffs.

I don't know. The way the west looks this year there's a possibility we could win our division. The donkeys look like a$$, the dolts are too busy feeling sorry for themselves, and I don't like talking about the worst franchise in professional sports.

stlchief
09-25-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know. The way the west looks this year there's a possibility we could win our division. The donkeys look like a$$, the dolts are too busy feeling sorry for themselves, and I don't like talking about the worst franchise in professional sports.

Oh yea of little faith. Chiefs win in SD this weekend (and with Royals100 there, how could the not?) and we are tied for first place. The Donks are just 2 last second field goals away from being 0-3 (with 2 losses @ home). They won't hang around long.

Chiefs taking the division is more than a possibility. It's a 2 way fight w/ the Chargers. I bet on Red&Gold.

I think the AFCWest doesn't get a wild-card this year. We have to win it out-right....

Canada
09-25-2007, 02:20 AM

Ugly....how much better do you want our Defence to play....they kicked ***!!

Last year we were 0-2 and slid in the playoffs. hopefully we do more than slide this year.

Stop with slid in bullsh*t....we won....Donx, Jags Titans and whoever the hell else DID'T!!

If things don't change I see Chiefs, Donx Oakland, Chargers as the order and we don't make the playoffs.

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh yea of little faith. Chiefs win in SD this weekend (and with Royals100 there, how could the not?) and we are tied for first place. The Donks are just 2 last second field goals away from being 0-3 (with 2 losses @ home). They won't hang around long.

Chiefs taking the division is more than a possibility. It's a 2 way fight w/ the Chargers. I bet on Red&Gold.

I think the AFCWest doesn't get a wild-card this year. We have to win it out-right....

Donkeys are not very good. Donks are just 2 last second field goals away from being 0-3 against the Raiders and Bills 2 teams that are not very good. Then a team that is doing alright (Jax) goes to Denver and beats the Donkeys by 9.

As for the division not having a wildcard... agreed. What happened to the AFC West being the toughest division in the NFL? Now so far its the AFC South (the only division where all teams have a winning record).

luv
09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
So far, I've only seen the Chiefs lose twice while I've been in attendance. I was very happy not to extend that.

A win is a win, but we looked pretty sloppy during the first half. Several penalties. The fourth quarter was the type of game I'm used to seeing, and the Arrowhead atmosphere returned to what I have grown to know and love.

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
So far, I've only seen the Chiefs lose twice while I've been in attendance. I was very happy not to extend that.

A win is a win, but we looked pretty sloppy during the first half. Several penalties. The fourth quarter was the type of game I'm used to seeing, and the Arrowhead atmosphere returned to what I have grown to know and love.

The 4th Quarter was the best there. Everybody was up and cheering. Our D was good when they needed to be the most and our O produced a TD.

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh yeah! The fourth quarter was intense Sunday at Arrowhead. I still haven't gotten my voice back...

Canada
09-25-2007, 04:03 PM
It kicked ***!!! I still haven't gotten my voice or sobriety back yet!!

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
It kicked ***!!! I still haven't gotten my voice or sobriety back yet!!

Are you talking about this weekend, or your 21st (16th) birthday???

Canada
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Are you talking about this weekend, or your 21st (16th) birthday???

4 th :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Canada, if you get tix for another game, lemme know so i can get some as well. i wanna sit with you in a game. we would get the whole dam place ROCKIN!!

luv
09-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Canada, if you get tix for another game, lemme know so i can get some as well. i wanna sit with you in a game. we would get the whole dam place ROCKIN!!
I think the four seats next to us must be corporate or something. There's always some one different in them. The ones there at the home opener left at halftime!!! Good riddance! Take you khakis and get out!

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Im in as well.

Canada
09-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I will let ya know fer sher boyx!! Just tryin to tell the wife I have to work overtime so I won't be home for the weekend!! :)

stlchief
09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Check this - here in STL, people sit down for the game....

Maybe, just maybe, on 3rd and long, in the 4th qtr, of a division game, defense needs a stop to secure a win, last game of the season, win means the play-offs, then maybe, just maybe, they stand up.

No joke. It happened back in 2001 - I remember.

My wife's 2nd football game (I'm not the pretend ones here in STL, but only real football games @ Arrowhead) was Thanksgiving last year. Half-way thru the 2nd quarter she looks and me and says "When do we get to sit down?". I told her maybe half time for a couple of minutes....

Arrowhead ROCKS.

m0ebr0
09-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Maybe, just maybe, on 3rd and long, in the 4th qtr, of a division game, defense needs a stop to secure a win, last game of the season, win means the play-offs, then maybe, just maybe, they stand up.

My wife's 2nd football game (I'm not the pretend ones here in STL, but only real football games @ Arrowhead) was Thanksgiving last year. Half-way thru the 2nd quarter she looks and me and says "When do we get to sit down?". I told her maybe half time for a couple of minutes....

Arrowhead ROCKS.

Thats how we roll in arrowhead :D

anaeelbackwards
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
thats because they have that stupid indoor stadium (which is pretty nice) ive been to a few games there

but we all know football was meant to play outdoors, and in arrowhead stadium is where its meant to be played.

where its louder than you dont know what, and the crowds a'rockin and the beers a'flowin!

god bless our stadium.....:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 12:03 AM

Arrowhead ROCKS.

You've got to be kidding me!

Canada
09-27-2007, 12:09 AM

Arrowhead ROCKS.

I sat down once at Arrowhead....then I finished shi**ng and I grabbed the closest Viqueens fan, wiped my *** and went back to my beer and my Chiefs!!! :toast2:

hermhater
09-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I sat down once at Arrowhead....then I finished shi**ng and I grabbed the closest Viqueens fan, wiped my *** and went back to my beer and my Chiefs!!! :toast2:

Classic dude!

You kill me with :toast2:!

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 02:21 AM

:lol::lol::lol: