PDA

View Full Version : Mid Season Mvp And Rookie Award

pbatrucker
11-10-2010, 05:44 AM
A couple of web sited are running fan polls on mid season MVP and Best rookie awards. I thought it would be interesting to see the thoughts of our readers. This is what we need.

MVP- The name of the person you think has been the Chiefs mid season MVP and a comment as to why.

Rookie MVP- The name of the rookie you think has had the biggest impact on the Chiefs season and a comment as to why.

pbatrucker
11-10-2010, 07:46 AM
MVP- You would almost have to give it to the entire team for their improvement. And singling out one player is tough. If we loose Flowers, Dorsey, DJ, Hali, Berry, Charles, Jones or Alpert our team simply would not be the same.
That being said the one player with the biggest impact is Tamba Hali.

Best Rookie- We love all our rookies and were would we be without them.
The one with the biggest has been Eric Berry. Yes he has made a few rookie mistakes, but his impact on the defense has been huge. And the best part is we can see him getting better every game. If he stays healthy he should be a HOF in the future.

he stays healthy he sh

C Louie
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I think the MVP would have to be Charles. As for the best rookie, that is a tough one. Mccluster has been very good but injured. Berry has made some mistakes but has also been good. I guess I have to go with Berry.

N TX Dave
11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
MVP That is a tough one it could be Jones or Hali or Johnson in my book. I think I will go along with Jones becasue he has come in and lead by example and showed the younger players how it should be done.

Rookie whould have to be Moeaki he leads the team in receptions and he is a fearsome blocker even the crew at ESPN has made note or it. He is a big reason that Charles brakes some of those long end runs.

C Louie
11-10-2010, 09:46 AM
MVP That is a tough one it could be Jones or Hali or Johnson in my book. I think I will go along with Jones becasue he has come in and lead by example and showed the younger players how it should be done.

Rookie whould have to be Moeaki he leads the team in receptions and he is a fearsome blocker even the crew at ESPN has made note or it. He is a big reason that Charles brakes some of those long end runs.
You are right. Moeaki is our best rookie. I change my vote.

Ryfo18
11-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I think I can easily say Derrick Johnson has been the MVP this year. He has been the face of our defense and makes huge plays each game.

As for Rookie of the Year, It's probably Moeaki. I think Javier Arenas and Eric Berry both deserve consideration too though.

chief31
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Both are very tough decisions right now.

As MVP, I would lean toward Charles. Opponents that respect what he does open themselves to everything else we do offensively. And teams that don't get torched by him.

My runner-up would be Brandon Flowers. The game against The Raiders gets an even bigger vote of confidence from me, as opposed to making me doubt him.

That Ford kid was the fastest player in the draft, and Flowers was right with him, even when he found the ball.

That freak play where he seemed to have had an INT would have ended the game. He missed it, and it took a freakish bounce into Ford's arms. But he absolutely covered the s*** out of Ford on that one. And was right with him on the OT catch too.

For the rookie, it is so close I almost have to flip a coin. But, in the end, I go with Javier Arenas.

You don't hear his name called alot during games. But he is doing a very good job on defense, as well as being a very big threat in the return game.

Both Berry, and Moeaki are right there with him.

honda522
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I really don't know. You can't go without mentioning DJ, Hali, Charles, or Flowers....

Rookie is hard too. Moeki, DMC, Berry...they all too good to name one.

KristofLaw
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
MVP - Derrick Johnson... IMO defense has been the key to our resurgence this season and I have been very happy with DJ's play and he is growing into a leadership role at the proper time in his career.

Rookie of the Year - thus far to Tony Moeaki IMO... being the primary receiver as a rookie and tight end... bright young light!

figcrostic
11-11-2010, 12:31 AM
MVP: Jamaal Charles

Rookie: Moeaki

2010chiefs
11-11-2010, 12:53 AM
MVP- Tamba Hali

Rookie- Wow all three.But Berry's made some crucial mistakes. Nothing bad I can say about Arenas. Mccluster missed two games but nothing bad to say about him either. But Moeaki does more then just catch balls. He blocks great, and is crucial to our running game. He's also made crucial plays. Great hands. So YES- MOEAKI.

whatwasthat?
11-12-2010, 03:17 AM
mvp-hali

rookie-berry...while he has had some mental errors, he is also on the field for far more snaps than any other rookie and has made more good plays than bad