PDA

View Full Version : Who is better at their job?

figcrostic
11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

chiefnut
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
shouldn't that be "who is worse at his job?"

figcrostic
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
shouldn't that be "who is worse at his job?"
:lol:

brdempsey69
11-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Honestly, I really am unable to vote because I really believe both need to step up.

Boxermm187
11-13-2010, 01:33 PM
toss up. you can argue about both of their skills.

Ryfo18
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
It's close, I voted Cassel. He just makes less mistakes.

figcrostic
11-13-2010, 01:49 PM
toss up. you can argue about both of their skills.

Just vote I really wanna know where people stand

70 chiefsfan70
11-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I had to go with Bowe, mainly because he has had some really awsome catches,

I know he has had plenty of down moments but some of those catches, WOW, some were not that well thrown

matthewschiefs
11-13-2010, 06:42 PM
I think Cassle I really think he has played good enough for us this year. Bowe has made many more plays that hurt this team with untimely drops. But both do need to imporve for sure for this to be a real good playoff team

aaronchieffan
11-13-2010, 06:50 PM
I love D Bowe But I like Cassle more. He has done a good job at times mostly when we have been in the hurry up offense.

chief31
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Cassel.

Cassel's calling card is that his game would be alot better, if Bowe was doing his job right.

Bowe's calling card........ is identical.

Both look like HOFers if Bowe makes the catches he should.

aaronchieffan
11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Cassel.

Cassel's calling card is that his game would be alot better, if Bowe was doing his job right.

Bowe's calling card........ is identical.

Both look like HOFers if Bowe makes the catches he should.

Pro bowlers for sure. Even going back a year ago. Cassel would not have looked bad at all if we don't lead the NFL in dropped passes.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Pro bowlers for sure. Even going back a year ago. Cassel would not have looked bad at all if we don't lead the NFL in dropped passes.

I thought the same last season. He would of had a much higher completion % and maybe a few more tds.

figcrostic
11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I voted for Bowe and I thought about it like this. If Bowe was on a team like the Colts he would be a pro-bowler for sure, if you put Cassel as the QB of the Colts he would throw a lot more int because they are a throwing team look like an average at best maybe less then average qb. As you see from last week when Cassel has to throw the ball to win it doesn't happen he chokes, but we all have our opinion.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I voted for Bowe and I thought about it like this. If Bowe was on a team like the Colts he would be a pro-bowler for sure, if you put Cassel as the QB of the Colts he would throw a lot more int because they are a throwing team look like an average at best maybe less then average qb. As you see from last week when Cassel has to throw the ball to win it doesn't happen he chokes, but we all have our opinion.

With Bowe it all depends if there are other options. He was almost a pro bowler in KC in 08 when we had anther weapon. Cassel needs Bowe to do his job to be good. Bowe has done his job most the time but there have been KEY times he hasn't Cassel IMO is more Clutch the Bowe. 2 minuite drills when they have to hurry seems to be when Cassel is at his best.

honda522
11-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I voted Bowe, but really this shouldn't be a question...both need to do better. Cassel has to step and throw it to who ever is open. Don't target 1 person. Look around...he needs better vision and that is why Peyton Manning is good.

tornadospotter
11-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I will not cast a vote, I simply only have one opinion, on both, and it was not offered in this poll.

figcrostic
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I will not cast a vote, I simply only have one opinion, on both, and it was not offered in this poll.

And what would that be sir?

captainamerica
11-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Dwayne Bowe has more potential, but I think Cassel has played better this season. Cassel hasn't done much to hurt us this year. He hasn't taken too many sacks and he hasn't thrown very many interceptions. Bowe on the other hand has made some crucial drops for us that have really hurt our chances of winning on a couple of occasions. As it stands right now Cassel is better at his job.

pbatrucker
11-14-2010, 02:40 AM
BOTH HAVE IMPROVED AS FOOTBALL PLAYERS!
Bowe has improved as a blocker and at the end of the year I believe he will fewer drops than last year.

Cassel has improved in almost all ares over last year. IMO he is playing the way the coaches want him to play. In the future after the team and the WR's get better I believe Matt Cassel will become the QB you want him to be. Until then the coaches will keep him under stricth control, keeping turn overs to a minimum.

KCdrummer
11-14-2010, 09:01 AM
It's close, I voted Cassel. He just makes less mistakes.
Same. Bowe has dropped too many critical passes recently.

Coach
11-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Bowe is one of the best WR's in the league on 1st down. He is the worst WR in the league on 3rd down. Some people excel under pressure, but some people are Dwayne Bowe.

Pro_Angler
11-14-2010, 11:15 AM
im picking the lesser of the 2 eveils, causze cassell isnt the ones who dropped 3 game winning passes this year. we'd be 7-1 if not for Bowe

chief31
11-14-2010, 01:38 PM

I respect your opinion. Bowe has alot of very big positives to him.

But that comparison couldn't possibly be more biased.

You put Bowe in the most WR-friendly offense that I can imagine. But you put Cassel in a position to have to try and replace Payton Manning.

I think, if you put Cassel in a QB-friendly offense, things look a whole lot better for him.

Maybe... The Patriots?

figcrostic
11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I respect your opinion. Bowe has alot of very big positives to him.

But that comparison couldn't possibly be more biased.

You put Bowe in the most WR-friendly offense that I can imagine. But you put Cassel in a position to have to try and replace Payton Manning.

I think, if you put Cassel in a QB-friendly offense, things look a whole lot better for him.

Maybe... The Patriots?

The Colts have one of the best lines in the league and very solid WR's and two great TE's if Cassel can't be a a pro-bowler there he isn't a good QB.

chief31
11-14-2010, 02:54 PM
The Colts have one of the best lines in the league and very solid WR's and two great TE's if Cassel can't be a a pro-bowler there he isn't a good QB.

Ok.

figcrostic
11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Ok.

Great rebuttal. Everyone is entitled to their opinon but when you challenge mine, have something to back it up with. Then when you get exposed, you put "LOL" which makes me further you think you are a child or just act like one on the internet. Austin Colie, Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne are all good WR's, Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme are both incredible TE's and Peyton has only been sacked 10 times in 8 games.

chief31
11-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Great rebuttal. Everyone is entitled to their opinon but when you challenge mine, have something to back it up with. Then when you get exposed, you put "LOL" which makes me further you think you are a child or just act like one on the internet. Austin Colie, Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne are all good WR's, Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme are both incredible TE's and Peyton has only been sacked 10 times in 8 games.

I have something...

How about Payton Manning?

He does it with, or without any of the current players at WR, TE, or O-line.

Want proof? Look back at the last decade.

Payton Manning is The Colts' offense. Everyone else, no matter who it has been, has been along for the ride.

I have something else....

Matt Cassel with The Patriots.

The point is, why would you choose The Colts, when The Patriots actually had Cassel start for them?

I know why. You want Bowe to look good, so you place him on the team that makes WRs look good. And The Patriots made Cassel look good, which is not what you are looking for.

By the way...

What's with your fascination with internet/children?

The fact that I think your opinion couldn't be more biased if you tried harder, is not something that would be exclusive to children.

The vast majority of the NFL-watching world knows that there is no better place to be a receiver, on this planet, than with Payton Manning.

To overlook The Patriots, where Cassel's performance does not have to be speculated upon, in favor of the WR-friendliest team around for a decade, is as clear-cut bias as can be found.

Is it possible that you wanted to be able to speculate about how Cassel would do, instead of looking at what he actually has done?

OMGLadyGaga
11-14-2010, 09:50 PM
The colts analogy is pretty flawed, but w/e. At least this poll is bringing some enlightening conversation to the forefront. I looked at it like this....D-Bowe is an ok solid reciever, but he is our number one WR. If we put him on any other team, on most teams he would be at best a number 2 wr possibly off the bench. Cassell on the other hand, if we traded him to any other team..he would probably be the starting quarterback on most teams. That, to me, best explains who is better at their "job".

If u want to look at it from another angle..there is no secret what kind of team the Chiefs are or try to be. Limit mistakes, control the clock and run it down the other teams throat. WHo is doing a better job Cassel or Bowe? Cassell hardly turns the ball over, doesnt take unnecessary risks, doesnt take many sacks which impacts field position greatly, and is surprisingly efficient in 2 minute offense. Bowe on the other hand, struggles to get open matched up vs. the other teams top corner. He drops crucial touchdown passes and key 1st down conversions. Doesnt have the speed to get vertical and make teams double him, preventing them from stacking the box so often. Seems like a clear choice who does better at their "job", either in this KC system or on any other team.