PDA

View Full Version : What did todd haley say to mcdaniels

marloweopatchiefs
11-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I seen he didn't shake mcdaniels hand but stopped short and said something to him? Anyone know?

okikcfan
11-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I seen he didn't shake mcdaniels hand but stopped short and said something to him? Anyone know?
I don't think it really matters........

Ryfo18
11-14-2010, 09:18 PM
He called him a towel boy

#58ChiefsFan
11-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Home
Why did Haley snub McDaniels?
Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn't say much Sunday evening about the reasons why he refused to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos' 49-29 victory at Invesco Field.
After the final whistle, Haley and McDaniels met at midfield, and the Chiefs coach pointed at McDaniels and said something, then turned his back instead of shaking McDaniels' hand.
Asked about the altercation, Haley said only that it was a "private" moment and that he wouldn't elaborate.
Denver still had its starters in late in the contest, and it continued passing even with a comfortable lead.
The Chiefs had a chance in last season's finale, which Kansas City won 44-24, to leave its starters in and allow running back Jamaal Charles to pursue the NFL's single-game rushing yards record. Instead, the Chiefs pulled Charles with 259 yards, 37 shy of Adrian Peterson's record. The Chiefs removed most of their starters in that game after the score was out of Denver's reach.
It was clear Sunday that Kansas City took exception to the fact that Denver didn't afford the Chiefs the same courtesy Sunday.
Submitted by Kent Babb on November 14, 2010 - 9:01pm.
login or register to post comments

Coach
11-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Only one way to get even.

#58ChiefsFan
11-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd say as soon as the opportunity presents itself Haley is the type of coach to do just that.

captainamerica
11-14-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm sure Haley was also upset about Josh not even sitting DJ Williams out for a quarter after his 2nd DUI offense. They already had him back out on the field in the 1st quarter despite being up 14-0. That to me was kind of ridiculous.

matthewschiefs
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
The challangeing to get yet anther td was classless of him. Your up by a ton to pile on is just uncalled for.

Vandelay
11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
The challangeing to get yet anther td was classless of him. Your up by a ton to pile on is just uncalled for.
Funny how the replay machine worked when the donks challenged calls.:wtfdude:

matthewschiefs
11-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Funny how the replay machine worked when the donks challenged calls.:wtfdude:

Yes it is. I don't think it would have made a diffrance I don't think they would have overturned the play we wanted to challange. But the fact that we didn't even get a chance to have it looked at is kind of upseting.

tornadospotter
11-14-2010, 11:23 PM
He said, We will see you In Arrowhead, good luck until then.

Vandelay
11-14-2010, 11:25 PM
He said, We will see you In Arrowhead, good luck until then.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Chiefster
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM

Yup, and I think Haley has a long memory.

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM

Something to this effect

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/58.jpg

Chiefster
11-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Something to this effect

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hayvern
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
I am pretty sure that Haley was upset with that decision to challenge the catch that made it 49 points for Denver. There is really no reason to do that in a game, especially one that you have in the bag.

honda522
11-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Josh McDainels has no class. I'd give him the finger too just like Haley if I had the chance.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Josh McDainels has no class. I'd give him the finger too just like Haley if I had the chance.

True, but Haley's move after the game proved that he has about the same in the class department.

Sn@keIze
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Sounds to me like Haley is just a sore loser.

Shake the mans hand.

Chiefster
11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it was this:

YouTube - OSU Coach Rant Remix

CapitalT
11-15-2010, 07:25 PM

This is the best comment I've seen! We need to get even.

kcvet
11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Chiefs coach Haley apologizes for McDaniels handshake snub:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City coach Todd Haley apologized Monday for refusing to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Chiefs' blowout loss the day before.

Haley, who's generally done a good job this season of holding his temper in check, made a single comment to McDaniels as the Denver coach held out his hand after the Broncos' 49-29 victory in Denver. Haley pointed his finger at him, turned and stomped away without shaking.

story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c24a3c/article/chiefs-coach-haley-apologizes-for-mcdaniels-handshake-snub?module=HP_headlines)

Connie Jo
11-15-2010, 11:03 PM
True, but Haley's move after the game proved that he has about the same in the class department.

Oh, Haley is way above McDaniels for class. Unlike McDaniels...during 2009's season finale in Denver, Haley didn't keep starters in once a win was secure, he even pulled Charles sacrificing a potential record. Haley showed class and compassion with not wanting to embarrass Denver any more than they had already done to themselves in their own house.

These men are naturally human first, you can't always contain instinctive emotional reaction, to expect such from them even as pros is unrealistic. I think in the heat of emotional moments Haley lowered himself to McDaniels level briefly, but Haley by far has more class than McDaniels.

Denver got even for the season finale last year. McDaniels took advantage and did all he could to embarrass the Chiefs and Haley. It's our fault for giving McDaniels the opportunity. Still...all they did was cut off their nose to spite their face...the Chiefs and fans at Arrowhead will be out for blood even more intensely than normal when McDaniels brings his Mountain Jack$$e$ to Arrowhead.

Sounds to me like Haley is just a sore loser.

Shake the mans hand.

Nah, he just let his emotions get to him. What McDaniels did is considered unethical in the NFL among coaches, as well as classless. A handshake is a show of respect, it's more than just a simple gesture of good sportsmanship. After what McDaniels did he really didn't deserve a show of respect from Haley. From that aspect I can certainly understand why Haley didn't shake his hand. I wouldn't want to shake the hand of someone who kicked me in the gut after a fall.

Chiefs coach Haley apologizes for McDaniels handshake snub:

story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c24a3c/article/chiefs-coach-haley-apologizes-for-mcdaniels-handshake-snub?module=HP_headlines)

My inner voice is telling me that apology was ordered from higher powers for damage control related to negative publicity, haha.

Pro_Angler
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Something to this effect

OMG John Grudens baby pic

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 11:36 PM
OMG John Grudens baby pic

I can see that

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/63.jpg

(http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://sidesalad.net/archives/JonChuckyGrudenFace2005.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sidesalad.net/archives/2005_09.html&usg=__E_wgivsOR0kvbzak40s1VTnhnxk=&h=205&w=356&sz=19&hl=en&start=36&zoom=1&tbnid=9HvSp3YvfIkteM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=163&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djon%2Bgruden%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26cli ent%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D2iY%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D410%26tbs%3Disch: 10%2C820&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=112&vpy=147&dur=372&hovh=121&hovw=210&tx=157&ty=151&ei=lgriTMHBBNGOnwewv6XaDw&oei=bAriTOvLDcT6lwenk9yUDQ&esq=5&page=4&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:36&biw=1024&bih=410)

Sn@keIze
11-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Haley apologized to McDaniels for his sore loserness.

NFL.com news: Chiefs coach Haley apologizes for McDaniels handshake snub (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c24a3c/article/chiefs-coach-haley-apologizes-for-mcdaniels-handshake-snub?module=HP_headlines)

honda522
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh, Haley is way above McDaniels for class. Unlike McDaniels...during 2009's season finale in Denver, Haley didn't keep starters in once a win was secure, he even pulled Charles sacrificing a potential record. Haley showed class and compassion with not wanting to embarrass Denver any more than they had already done to themselves in their own house.

These men are naturally human first, you can't always contain instinctive emotional reaction, to expect such from them even as pros is unrealistic. I think in the heat of emotional moments Haley lowered himself to McDaniels level briefly, but Haley by far has more class than McDaniels.

Denver got even for the season finale last year. McDaniels took advantage and did all he could to embarrass the Chiefs and Haley. It's our fault for giving McDaniels the opportunity. Still...all they did was cut off their nose to spite their face...the Chiefs and fans at Arrowhead will be out for blood even more intensely than normal when McDaniels brings his Mountain Jack$$ to Arrowhead.

Nah, he just let his emotions get to him. What McDaniels did is considered unethical in the NFL among coaches, as well as classless. A handshake is a show of respect, it's more than just a simple gesture of good sportsmanship. After what McDaniels did he really didn't deserve a show of respect from Haley. From that aspect I can certainly understand why Haley didn't shake his hand. I wouldn't want to shake the hand of someone who kicked me in the gut after a fall.

My inner voice is telling me that apology was ordered from higher powers for damage control related to negative publicity, haha.
Well said, Rep.

There was no reason for the Donks to be passing in the 4th quater. They had a very comfortable lead. Not saying they shouldn't score if they break a big run or something...but to try and score as many points as you can is ridiculous

tornadospotter
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
He said, We are watching you and will get you, you little donkey, In Arrowhead!

chief31
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Personally, I think that, if you don't want your opponents to run up the score, stop them.

But we did take our foot off of their throat last year.

One might think that a former colleague might extend such a courtesy to another who did it for him.

Haley should have shook his hand and pulled him in to give him an earful. No story that way. :D

Ryfo18
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm going to come off wrong here (because I'm kind of supporting the Broncos, even though the thought of it kills me). But this is more my thoughts on the subject in general.

Like chief31 said, if you don't want a team to run up the score, stop them. It's the NFL. There's no mercy if a team is getting punked. Teams play once a week, and I can understand why a struggling team would want to play 100% through the final whistle. You can't simulate game situations in practice, so the only time a team gets to "close out a game" is in the game.

I understand that Haley took the foot off the gas last year. But I personally wish he wouldn't have. And that's my thoughts on the subject in general. It's the NFL people.

Hayvern
11-17-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm going to come off wrong here (because I'm kind of supporting the Broncos, even though the thought of it kills me). But this is more my thoughts on the subject in general.

Like chief31 said, if you don't want a team to run up the score, stop them. It's the NFL. There's no mercy if a team is getting punked. Teams play once a week, and I can understand why a struggling team would want to play 100% through the final whistle. You can't simulate game situations in practice, so the only time a team gets to "close out a game" is in the game.

I understand that Haley took the foot off the gas last year. But I personally wish he wouldn't have. And that's my thoughts on the subject in general. It's the NFL people.

Do we know Haley was mad because of the score being run up though? I think we are all assuming that is what it was, it could have been many things, ultimately, I believe now it was likely a situation where Haley felt in general they should have let up a little bit. Perhaps more from the hit on Moeaki. There is no point in laying a big hit on a guy later in the game, there really isn't. Tony got carted off the field for that hit.

Does that reflect on McDaniels? Partially, but not completely.

Ultimately, I don't think the issue is all about the Broncos running up the score, but you better believe that the gloves are off now and the Broncos had better bring all they have into Arrowhead next time, because I can bet the Chiefs will not be so willing to let up in the next meeting.

Ryfo18
11-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Do we know Haley was mad because of the score being run up though? I think we are all assuming that is what it was, it could have been many things, ultimately, I believe now it was likely a situation where Haley felt in general they should have let up a little bit. Perhaps more from the hit on Moeaki. There is no point in laying a big hit on a guy later in the game, there really isn't. Tony got carted off the field for that hit.

Does that reflect on McDaniels? Partially, but not completely.

Ultimately, I don't think the issue is all about the Broncos running up the score, but you better believe that the gloves are off now and the Broncos had better bring all they have into Arrowhead next time, because I can bet the Chiefs will not be so willing to let up in the next meeting.

You are probably right, now knowing Moeaki suffered a concussion on the onside kick.

I'm not advocating dirty play, but in general if I'm a head coach I'm not going to tell my whole team to let up. Hell, if I were the 2007 Patriots I would have put up 80 a game!

Canada
11-17-2010, 12:36 PM
You are probably right, now knowing Moeaki suffered a concussion on the onside kick.

I'm not advocating dirty play, but in general if I'm a head coach I'm not going to tell my whole team to let up. Hell, if I were the 2007 Patriots I would have put up 80 a game!

If I was a head coach, I would not have my starters in during the 4th quarter with a huge lead for fear that they would get injured. That is just poor coaching. As far as it being cheap, or dirty, or disrespectful...I have gotten used to that from Denver.

Pro_Angler
11-18-2010, 08:03 PM
denver aqre just ba bunch of POs"s!~!! we let up on them least year!!!

I agree with haley//heck slap him!!!