PDA

View Full Version : Don't get it twisted

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Our defense lost this game for us. You can't pin it on Cassel or Bowe this week they both played very well, Bowe the whole game and Cassell 3/4's of it. Cassel struggled early but he impressed me he after that fumble I was so pissed at him, but he stepped up like a man took some hits but he kept at it. Bowe made a HOF cb look like a lil boy putting up almost 200 yards and 2 td's. Our offense played good enough to win. Our defense is what cost us the game. Don't get me wrong I am not happy with some things on offense. Our line got exposed badly which is what me and Mr. Dempsey have been *****ing about since the draft, but our offense is capable. If you can score nearly 30 points in a game you should be win the game. We got 7 TD's scored on us that is embarrassing! That's nearly double what Al Bundy scored in a game at Polk high school.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/57.jpg

Chiefster
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Peg, is that you again?!

Chief Tyler
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Yep, I still hate Cassel too, but he passed well today when he was asked to. You'd have a hard time convincing me that Cassel threw for almost 500 yards and we still lost. He started off slow, but this is entirely on our pathetic excuse of a defense today. Coaches had them in no shape to play.

Also, was it me or did we look worse when Jackson was on the field than off it. I think he's going to be a pretty big bust.

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Yep, I still hate Cassel too, but he passed well today when he was asked to. You'd have a hard time convincing me that Cassel threw for almost 500 yards and we still lost. He started off slow, but this is entirely on our pathetic excuse of a defense today. Coaches had them in no shape to play.

Also, was it me or did we look worse when Jackson was on the field than off it. I think he's going to be a pretty big bust.

LOL I don't hate Cassel just didn't agree with him being picked up in the situation we did and haven't been a fan. Today he did nothing wrong in my eyes peyton manning couldn't have won that game for us. Our defense was non existent. Didn't notice the Jackson thing, but details like that are easy to overlook when you have a bag over your head.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/61.jpg

Chiefster
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I have to admit that I was extremely disappointed with the defense. Clearly Crenel did not have these guys prepared to play this week.

mejohnm
11-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I stayed up late in my time (2am when the game was over and the reality hit) to watch this game. I was shocked that before the 1st Qtr. was done, that the score was already 0 - 21. I just couldn't believe it. Our defense... ummm, a football team is suppose to have a defense, isn't it????

SIC J
11-15-2010, 01:50 AM
The secondary was HORRIBLE. Mainly the FS position who was being played by Washington who is a SS and not very good at all. Broncos knew it and took advantage ALL GAME.

OMGLadyGaga
11-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Yes our defense sucked. And it has been a problem all season long....the reason we havent got scored upon at will is because we dont turn the ball over and we keep it out of the other teams hands with our rushing attack. But any capable passing attack can exploit us with screens, short checkdowns, intermediete routes and long bombs. Our pass defense sucks, it needs to be corrected and that begins with the pass rush. Our defensive line needs to get more pressure on the qb without the help of safety blitzes and linebackers trying to plug gaps and also rushign the qb. It must be fixed now..or else any team can hang with us and steal it in the end.

wolfpack
11-15-2010, 08:22 AM
The defense sunday looked like dickie v`s defensives. Embarassing is the only word for it.
As for Cassel most of his yardage was junk, against a prevent defense.
Big deal.
Donkie defense was probable embarassed of letting cassel throw for over 400 yards.

chiefnut
11-15-2010, 09:33 AM
i went to a TSO concert and i checked the score w/i got out....i was floored...i have it on dvr but have not watched it yet. all i could think was when you get thrashed by a pathetic team that makes you more pathetic than them.
i am still trying to cope

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Come on Cassell haters! He played a great game! It does not matter what D he faced, he had a great game! We asked him to throw the ball and he did very well! Almost 500 yards and 4 TD's, show me another QB this week that had the same numbers! The previous poster is right, Peyton could not have won this game for us! Our D was embarrassed, Romeo should be ashamed, our D should be embarrassed, and we need to get back on track now! We finally get back home, and hopefully it will jump start this very inconsistent team. Chiefs don't get down by 21 in the 1st qtr they win this game, it would open up the run game and we would have been in control! Broncos came out fast and knocked us out! The upside is the Broncos will not play like that again, ever! 49 is the most they have scored in 47 years! Everything went right for them, it was their day and we laid down and accepted it was their day! We will get it back when the Donks come to our house! Chief 4 Ever!

Hayvern
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Come on Cassell haters! He played a great game! It does not matter what D he faced, he had a great game! We asked him to throw the ball and he did very well! Almost 500 yards and 4 TD's, show me another QB this week that had the same numbers! The previous poster is right, Peyton could not have won this game for us! Our D was embarrassed, Romeo should be ashamed, our D should be embarrassed, and we need to get back on track now! We finally get back home, and hopefully it will jump start this very inconsistent team. Chiefs don't get down by 21 in the 1st qtr they win this game, it would open up the run game and we would have been in control! Broncos came out fast and knocked us out! The upside is the Broncos will not play like that again, ever! 49 is the most they have scored in 47 years! Everything went right for them, it was their day and we laid down and accepted it was their day! We will get it back when the Donks come to our house! Chief 4 Ever!

Seriously? Numbers have a lot to do with context. Cassel could do nothing when the defense was really playing. He got sacked 4 times before the end of the third quarter. He had a fumble. He only put up the numbers he did because the Broncos defense let up on him.

Get a clue, the team wins as a team as I am always told and they lose as a team. In this case, the whole flipping team was a piece of crap.

Out of every game that Haley has coached in his two years here, this is really the first time that I can say that this team was not prepared to play.

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I agree they looked bad! It does not matter, Cassell took the D that was given to him and made the best of it! That is his job, that is what he gets paid to do, and today he did it! Is he the future of QB of our team? I don't believe so. It was not his fault he got sacked 4 times, he did fumble it, but most QB's would have done the same thing! He did not throw one INT, and threw 4 TD's! I blame this loss on the D, the reason that we lost is because we got down by 21 in the 1st quarter! That is the D's fault! Cassell did what he was asked to do, he had the best stats of any QB on Sunday! Get off his back, he did what was asked of him! I have been one of the first to criticize Cassell but it's not fair this time! Give him the props he deserves. The Donkeys played their best game in 47 years, they did almost everything right, they were on, and we were off! Bottom line!

Bike
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Cassel had his part in this loss. Not getting rid of the ball and taking 4 sacks and a fumble for 7 in the first half put the game out of reach. He just walks off the field and shakes his head.
You wanna see a quarterback lead a football team? Look at Brady yesterday. Gettin' up in players faces and rallying his team. Cassel neads to be a leader, someone who demands respect from his teammates. Until that happens, well, we have what we have.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Seriously? Numbers have a lot to do with context. Cassel could do nothing when the defense was really playing. He got sacked 4 times before the end of the third quarter. He had a fumble. He only put up the numbers he did because the Broncos defense let up on him.

Get a clue, the team wins as a team as I am always told and they lose as a team. In this case, the whole flipping team was a piece of crap.

Out of every game that Haley has coached in his two years here, this is really the first time that I can say that this team was not prepared to play.

You can pin a lot of that on Barry Richardson too...He was the one that gave up the sack/fumble and he eventually got pulled in this game for O'Callaghan.

Cassel played well the whole game. In the first quarter he was 3-4 for 46 yards. The only incompletion he had was on a third down, after he had already completed an 18 yard pass that would have been a first down to Charles. That was negated due to a penalty. Cassel was one of the lone bright spots (Bowe as well). And if you think the Broncos defense let up, why don't you rewatch and take note of how many times they blitz in the 3rd of 4th quarter.

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
The game was out of reach before the fumble. Cassell played very well, there is not one stat that says otherwise! Did he make mistakes? Duh! Every player in every game does, but he and Bowe were the best players on the team! I totally agree that he needs to step up and be a leader, he needs to get in peoples faces, and pump them up. That still does not diminish the numbers he put up!

Bike
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Cassel played well the whole game.
I must disagree. He must be aware of what is going on around him. At one point I looked up at the scoreboard and it was 35-0.

Bike
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
The game was out of reach before the fumble. Cassell played very well, there is not one stat that says otherwise! Did he make mistakes? Duh! Every player in every game does, but he and Bowe were the best players on the team! I totally agree that he needs to step up and be a leader, he needs to get in peoples faces, and pump them up. That still does not diminish the numbers he put up!
As you say about the fumble, most of those number were put up after the game was out of reach. Cassel needs to step it up, take this team by the reigns, and lead it to victory. I hope he has the personality to get this accomplished.

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
As you say about the fumble, most of those number were put up after the game was out of reach. Cassel needs to step it up, take this team by the reigns, and lead it to victory. I hope he has the personality to get this accomplished.

Do you expect Cassel to put up 50+ points?

p.s. anyone see the irony in me defending Cassel.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM
This Cassel hatred is hilarious. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. At the beginning of the year everyone is complaining about him, mainly because he wasn't putting up big numbers. Well that's pretty hard to do when you have the first ranked running attack. Yesterday our running attack gets stuffed for the second straight game in a row and Cassel steps up and plays lights out. Let's not forget the running game getting stuffed again with a yard to go. But Cassel's effort wasn't good enough because he didn't throw for 8 TDs.

If the Chiefs were hypothetically to win a Super Bowl, it would be because of everyone but Cassel. But as long as we lose, it's Cassel's fault. Succop's missed field goal and the inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line -- 10 points right there.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM

Yes, and while he's at it he needs to step up his defense and quit giving up so many points. He also needs to run the ball a lot better...1.5 ypc isn't going to get it done.

SIC J
11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
This Cassel hatred is hilarious. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. At the beginning of the year everyone is complaining about him, mainly because he wasn't putting up big numbers. Well that's pretty hard to do when you have the first ranked running attack. Yesterday our running attack gets stuffed for the second straight game in a row and Cassel steps up and plays lights out. Let's not forget the running game getting stuffed again with a yard to go. But Cassel's effort wasn't good enough because he didn't throw for 8 TDs.

If the Chiefs were hypothetically to win a Super Bowl, it would be because of everyone but Cassel. But as long as we lose, it's Cassel's fault. Succop's missed field goal and the inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line -- 10 points right there.

Exactly!!! There's QBs that will NEVER throw for 469 yards in a game in their career. But Cassel does it and there's excuse after excuse after excuse on why he did.

As for the fumble, I wouldn't put the blame on him for that either. The defender had a completely wide open lane at him and wasn't even touched. Any time that happens, 9 out of 10 times, he's getting the sack and/or fumble.

Chief Tyler
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM

He played lights out when the game was out of hand. He was just as inept as the rest of the team for most of the first half. But lets pretend like that's not what has been echoed time and time again. Also, it's not because of his numbers that we're down on him, which has also been said repeatedly. It's the way in which he gets them. Constantly overthrowing, underthrowing, looking panicked and frustrated, relying on his receivers to make him look good. Whereas guys like Rivers, Orton and the obvious greats have been able to do it with less than stellar supporting casts.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Exactly!!! There's QBs that will NEVER throw for 469 yards in a game in their career. But Cassel does it and there's excuse after excuse after excuse on why he did.

As for the fumble, I wouldn't put the blame on him for that either. The defender had a completely wide open lane at him and wasn't even touched. Any time that happens, 9 out of 10 times, he's getting the sack and/or fumble.

Exactly...like I said, all Richardson's fault, so much that he got pulled in favor of O'Callaghan later in the game. I mean I'm not going to be completely oblivious and say Cassel shouldn't share part of the blame for that. But the majority of the people on this site want a quarterback that is perfect and never makes any mistakes. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just saw that Cassel is 5th in TD passes this year, behind Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Not bad for a quarterback in a run-first offense.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
He played lights out when the game was out of hand. He was just as inept as the rest of the team for most of the first half. But lets pretend like that's not what has been echoed time and time again. Also, it's not because of his numbers that we're down on him, which has also been said repeatedly. It's the way in which he gets them. Constantly overthrowing, underthrowing, looking panicked and frustrated, relying on his receivers to make him look good. Whereas guys like Rivers, Orton and the obvious greats have been able to do it with less than stellar supporting casts.

Right, because the Chiefs wide receivers are among the best in the league.

Cassel did play well even in the first half. The Chiefs had 10 points after the first half, and left another 10 points out on the field that you can't pin on Cassel. 17 of those Cassel drove the team down the field to get (the other 3 were Berry). The Chiefs stellar run game once again got stuffed from 1 yard away (remember it happening 3 times last week?). Last I checked and 17 points in one half is pretty good. Cassel was 3/5 for 46 yards in the first quarter, before the game was out of hand and had a big play on the third down that was negated by a penalty on Charles.

The defense didn't get one single stop in the first half, don't sit there and blame Cassel. Watch ANY quarterback that played yesterday and you will see no shortage of underthrows and overthrows. No quarterback puts every pass on the money.

SIC J
11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Exactly...like I said, all Richardson's fault, so much that he got pulled in favor of O'Callaghan later in the game. I mean I'm not going to be completely oblivious and say Cassel shouldn't share part of the blame for that. But the majority of the people on this site want a quarterback that is perfect and never makes any mistakes. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just saw that Cassel is 5th in TD passes this year, behind Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Not bad for a quarterback in a run-first offense.

Yeah he is only 3 TD passes behind the most in the NFL. But an even better stat to support that is he only has 4 interceptions.

All these BLIND people keep saying Cassel got his numbers cuz the "game was over". WRONG!!!! Watch the game again. Denver NEVER let up. They continued to blitz and put pressure on Cassel. Did you even notice that NONE of the starters came out of the game? And why you ask? Because if you recall, the Chiefs crushed them last year in Denver and this was their payback. They didn't wanna let up and wanted to do what we did to them.

Most of the time a QB is trying to get his team back on track and throws 50+ times, he's throwing 1 or 2 interceptions. Funny cuz Cassel threw ZERO!

Fact is, no matter what Cassel does, 90% of the people on here who simply don't like Cassel will never give him any credit no matter what he does.

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah he is only 3 TD passes behind the most in the NFL. But an even better stat to support that is he only has 4 interceptions.

All these BLIND people keep saying Cassel got his numbers cuz the "game was over". WRONG!!!! Watch the game again. Denver NEVER let up. They continued to blitz and put pressure on Cassel. Did you even notice that NONE of the starters came out of the game? And why you ask? Because if you recall, the Chiefs crushed them last year in Denver and this was their payback. They didn't wanna let up and wanted to do what we did to them.

Most of the time a QB is trying to get his team back on track and throws 50+ times, he's throwing 1 or 2 interceptions. Funny cuz Cassel threw ZERO!

Fact is, no matter what Cassel does, 90% of the people on here who simply don't like Cassel will never give him any credit no matter what he does.

Right on...Had to go back and look too. Cassel was 12/16 for 169 yards and a touchdown in the first half. Again, one of the bright spots of the first half. He did have the fumble, but let's face it, we were down 28-0 at that point and had already left 10 points on the field.

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't even know what we are arguing about! Look at the numbers from yesterday, Cassell was the best player on the field for our Chiefs! Is it always the case? Nope, it was yesterday, give him his props he deserves. He played a great game!

YZILLA
11-15-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL I don't hate Cassel just didn't agree with him being picked up in the situation we did and haven't been a fan. Today he did nothing wrong in my eyes peyton manning couldn't have won that game for us. Our defense was non existent. Didn't notice the Jackson thing, but details like that are easy to overlook when you have a bag over your head.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/61.jpg

IS THAT SANTA WITH A CHIEFS SWEATSHIRT ON?

CapitalT
11-15-2010, 02:09 PM
The whole Cassel preemptive strike thing is getting old. Ever week it's a "Cassel's being picked on again" thread. On the whole, Cassel is not being treated any more roughly than any other player.

However, the defense lost the game for us - is there any doubt about that?

I thought Bowe and Cassel played better but this game is not a good test (all points coming after we are down 35 points) of their abilities. Most disappointing to me was our inability to run the ball. Our OL played terribly. Cassel made some mistakes but tried to rally the team ... he gets big points for that in my book.

I'll go back and hide in my corner now.

Boxermm187
11-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Hate is such a harsh word. He is proving himself. if you should use the word hate, then use it toward the defense:lol:

KCdrummer
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
I have to admit that I was extremely disappointed with the defense. Clearly Crenel did not have these guys prepared to play this week.
Yeah, they just scored at will pretty much the whole game.

chief31
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM

I see it. :lol:

Good to see ya on his side for a change.

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I see it. :lol:

Good to see ya on his side for a change.

When he does good I say he does good. I don't blindly hate him or blindly follow him. He couldn't have a done any better to make us win, simple as that our defense got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

Coach
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
When he does good I say he does good. I don't blindly hate him or blindly follow him. He couldn't have a done any better to make us win, simple as that our defense got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

Rep.
BTW, which TD/ Int ratio would you pick. These are YTD through week 10.
19/13
19/8
18/12
17/4
16/4

~~~~~
Those who said 19/13 would have picked Eli Manning.
Those choosing 19/8 would have picked Phillip Rivers
Those choosing 18/12 would have chosen Drew Brees.
Those who would have picked 17/4 would have chosen Tom Brady.
Those who chose 16/4 would have chosen Peyton Manning and MATT CASSELL.

Notable QB's with worse ratios would include: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Ben Rothlisberger, Donovan McNabb.

YTD, Cassel is the 9th highest rated QB based on passer rating.

Seriously, this conversation is over. All you Casssel haters need to take your ball and go home.

This team got embarassed on defense. Brandon Carr got exposed just like he did last year in Denver. We had no answers at free safety either. I subscribe to the twitters feeds of these players. FOllowing the Oakland losss, it was just ho hum business as usual for the defensive players. They weren't upset, it was just another day in the office for these guys. There were guys this week posting tweets at 1am and 2am the night before the Denver game.

They got embarassed on national TV yesterday. Hopefully they have enough self respect to look in the mirror and redeem themselves this weekend. It was an embarassing weekend to be a Chiefs fan.

Boxermm187
11-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Rep.
19/13
19/8
18/12
17/4
16/4

~~~~~

Notable QB's with worse ratios would include: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Ben Rothlisberger, Donovan McNabb.

Seriously, this conversation is over. All you Casssel haters need to take your ball and go home.

This team got embarassed on defense. Brandon Carr got exposed just like he did last year in Denver. We had no answers at free safety either. I subscribe to the twitters feeds of these players. FOllowing the Oakland losss, it was just ho hum business as usual for the defensive players. They weren't upset, it was just another day in the office for these guys. There were guys this week posting tweets at 1am and 2am the night before the Denver game.

They got embarassed on national TV yesterday. Hopefully they have enough self respect to look in the mirror and redeem themselves this weekend. It was an embarassing weekend to be a Chiefs fan.
Well said!!!

Ryfo18
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Rep.
19/13
19/8
18/12
17/4
16/4

~~~~~

But, but, but....Cassel Sucks!!!!! Because I SAID SO!!!!!
:ninerssuck:

KristofLaw
11-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Hate is such a harsh word. He is proving himself. if you should use the word hate, then use it toward the defense:lol:

Donkeys FTW! :beat_DeadHorse:

Connie Jo
11-16-2010, 01:32 AM

Cassel, but don't forget Dwayne!! He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't too! Dwayne also get's blamed for losing an entire game, even when the rest of the team didn't do their part! Heck, it's no wonder Cassel and Bowe have developed such a brotherly relationship on and off the field...they can totally relate to being damned if I do, damned if I don't, and taking all the blame for a game loss!

It's so frustrating to watch Cassel and Bowe truly put forth effort to improve, over and beyond the call of duty...yet are bashed and called names when their dedicated efforts pay off!

Of all the Chiefs players...Cassel and Bowe were reported to have been among the few who sacrificed during the off season to improve their game on their own time...not the Chiefs watch!! From what I've gathered by reading around the net related to the game against Denver...Cassel and Bowe appeared to be among the few Chiefs who took the loss to the Raiders to heart & seriously...spent the week working hard to improve their game in preparation for Denver! Obviously the defense didn't! :(

Where is the media's golden boy among that list?...no where!! HAHAHA! Peyton is missing!! :D

One correction to the above highlighted in pretty purple, haha. Denver didn't do exactly to us what we did to them in the season finale of 2009. Haley with class, respect, & compassion for Denver did pull our starters out. He even sacrificed pulling Charles which prevented him from a record. McDaniels was a no class chicken poop, and as such I can relate to why Haley didn't feel McDaniels deserved a show of respect with a handshake.

The whole Cassel preemptive strike thing is getting old. Ever week it's a "Cassel's being picked on again" thread. On the whole, Cassel is not being treated any more roughly than any other player.

However, the defense lost the game for us - is there any doubt about that?

I thought Bowe and Cassel played better but this game is not a good test (all points coming after we are down 35 points) of their abilities. Most disappointing to me was our inability to run the ball. Our OL played terribly. Cassel made some mistakes but tried to rally the team ... he gets big points for that in my book.

I'll go back and hide in my corner now. [/quote]

:lol:

[quote=Coach;212667]Rep.
19/13
19/8
18/12
17/4
16/4

~~~~~

REP!!!!!!

Ryfo18
11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree Connie, Dwayne gets picked on as well. Someone has to defend these guys. If it were up to some of the people on the board, they would just cut them!

Chiefster
11-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Yeah, they just scored at will pretty much the whole game.

Exactly, they couldn't stop the run or the pass. To say the defense didn't get off the bus suggests that they got on it in the first place.

MDChiefs!
11-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Ive been a big critic of Cassels, but he came out in the second half and playe a good game. I do think Weis needs to implement more shotgun packages for him, and not just when were down by that much. He was clearly a more effective passer when the field is spread out and hes wasnt behind center, as he also showed us when he was in New England. Plus it will give him and our o-line a little extra time, which is never a bad thing with they have ben playing. With how our running game has been shut down and figured out the past few weeks, I think it would be a good time to alter our offense a bit to help everyone out. Once we get Dex back healthy, him and Charles would have no trouble at all finding a mismatch with the field spread. And we know how successful Charls has been running the draw trap out of the gun, so the threat of the run is never off of the field.

As fas as our defense goes, I thought we just looked really slow. Romeo called a very bland game too. Not nealy enough blitzes. I think whatever we do in the offseason we need another pass rusher in a bad bad way.

MDChiefs!
11-17-2010, 03:15 AM
basically in so many words, I dont like what coordiantors have been doing the past two weeks. They need to step their game up

chiefnut
11-17-2010, 08:39 AM
maybe this was a wake up call for cassel and bowe, i hope now they will live up to expectations.

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 07:28 AM
maybe this was a wake up call for cassel and bowe, i hope now they will live up to expectations.

I hope it was a wake up call for Crenell. He did not have the defense ready at all; it was a total defensive failure not just the D-line, LB's or Secondary.

chiefnut
11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
yes "ill prepared" seems to be the case for the defense. as for the offense after the bad start with nearly 500 yds should not they have scored 50pts??? just a dismal coaching performance for the big 3.

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
yes "ill prepared" seems to be the case for the defense. as for the offense after the bad start with nearly 500 yds should not they have scored 50pts??? just a dismal coaching performance for the big 3.

...This!

wilqb16
11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
I do think Weis needs to implement more shotgun packages for him, and not just when were down by that much. He was clearly a more effective passer when the field is spread out and hes wasnt behind center, as he also showed us when he was in New England. Plus it will give him and our o-line a little extra time, which is never a bad thing with they have ben playing. of the field.

I hadn't thought of this but it is a really good point. The NE offense runs much more out of the gun than we do.

Also, makes sense because it is no secret that one of the things the Chiefs staff has been working with Cassel on is his footwork. Being in the gun takes this somewhat out of the occasion. Also, I think that some of our runs are more effective out of the gun...seems like we did more of that last season when Charles was huge...

Ryfo18
11-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I hadn't thought of this but it is a really good point. The NE offense runs much more out of the gun than we do.

Also, makes sense because it is no secret that one of the things the Chiefs staff has been working with Cassel on is his footwork. Being in the gun takes this somewhat out of the occasion. Also, I think that some of our runs are more effective out of the gun...seems like we did more of that last season when Charles was huge...

Maybe its just me but it seems like they do run a lot of shotgun packages. Seems like we run a lot out of it too.