PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Carr

honda522
11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Is the worst starter that we have starting. No matter our record, we need to go pick us up another Pro Bowl CB to be with Flowers.

The same stuff happened when we played Dallas last year, gave up a ton of pass plays and let a record get broken. Not the good kind either. Carr seems to be the weak link in the secondary.

SIC J
11-15-2010, 11:50 AM
He's a good back-up or 3rd CB. But it wasn't because of this last game I formed that opinion.

matthewschiefs
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
He is a good role player but I don't think that he is a starter. Maybe Arenas can devolpe and take his place as the starter. But I don't think he is a starter.

Hayvern
11-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Washington was the bigger liability though.

BigChiefTablet
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Good pass defense starts with pressure up front. Something we don't have.

Our fill-ins at safety got burned repeatedly, hopefully Kendrick Lewis will be back soon.

Even with all the starters in, we have two 3rd year guys and 2 rookies in the secondary. Three rookies in the secondary with the nickel package. And when all are healthy, we look pretty decent, despite being so young, but there are going to be some mistakes.

With no pass rush at all, and some kid from the practice squad at FS, we get beat like a drum.

Carr is a pretty decent corner. He isn't a shutdown guy, but a lot of teams do quite well with worse. But they have a pass rush.

rodu
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Good pass defense starts with pressure up front. Something we don't have.

Our fill-ins at safety got burned repeatedly, hopefully Kendrick Lewis will be back soon.

Even with all the starters in, we have two 3rd year guys and 2 rookies in the secondary. Three rookies in the secondary with the nickel package. And when all are healthy, we look pretty decent, despite being so young, but there are going to be some mistakes.

With no pass rush at all, and some kid from the practice squad at FS, we get beat like a drum.

Carr is a pretty decent corner. He isn't a shutdown guy, but a lot of teams do quite well with worse. But they have a pass rush.

that's why I think we take an OLB to compliment Hali in either the first or second round

Boxermm187
11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Washington, price, and Carr got beaten the whole game. I really think Carr needs to step up or he should lose his starting position next year. the secondary is a joke, aside from flowers. Tired of seeing all the opposing QB have a field day against the defense. ridiculous

Pro_Angler
11-15-2010, 11:37 PM
I hope DMC is back next week..

figcrostic
11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Washington, price, and Carr got beaten the whole game. I really think Carr needs to step up or he should lose his starting position next year. the secondary is a joke, aside from flowers. Tired of seeing all the opposing QB have a field day against the defense. ridiculous

are you saying our fifth overall Berry is a joke?

brdempsey69
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM

Sure sounds like that is what he's saying & the truth is Berry has been just as bad as Carr in pass coverage. Without a pass-rush, WR & TE's that are skilled route runners are going to give both of them major problems.

Three7s
11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't know if Chambers is still a "starter", but he has to get my vote for worst starter.

Seek
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Washington was the bigger liability though.

Washington, Price, Lewis or even Lynch. It does not matter. I have slowly saw the combination of the safety and Corner break the last couple games, including Flowers against the Raiders. Denver came out and exploited Carr, just as they did last year and with no help at Safety it was a pain to watch.

Teams have been spreading us out and gashing us with the pass since Houston.

matthewschiefs
11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't know if Chambers is still a "starter", but he has to get my vote for worst starter.

I didnt even no he was still a chief the guy got a paycheck and is now missing.

honda522
11-16-2010, 03:16 PM

He did decide to show up against the Broncos.

Boxermm187
11-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Talking Pass coverage buddy. I am sure you can agree on that too.
If the endzone were a basketball rim, then they would all have a picture of them getting slamed on.

chief31
11-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Our pass defense has been pretty good this season.

I know. It doesn't rank high.

And I know The Broncos had a field day.

The Broncos game was a single bad day, with some guys out for injuries.

But, the rest of the season, despite the number of yards allowed, has been pretty good.

We have been in the lead alot this season, and teams have been unable to pass their way past us.

The Raiders got away with a very lucky pass to set-up a FG at the end of regulation. And Ford got to a very nice pass in OT.

But the fact that we have been able to shut that sort of thing down most of the year means that we have been pretty good against the pass.

Big Daddy Tek
11-16-2010, 10:55 PM

But, the rest of the season, despite the number of yards allowed, has been pretty good.

We have been in the lead alot this season, and teams have been unable to pass their way past us.

The Raiders got away with a very lucky pass to set-up a FG at the end of regulation. And Ford got to a very nice pass in OT.

But the fact that we have been able to shut that sort of thing down most of the year means that we have been pretty good against the pass.

I agree completly, although do I think that Carrr has been the weak spot within the starters.

On the other hand, it seems that whoever plays opposite a shutdown corner tends to get picked on.

Carr wasn't built to play nickel so he is going to have to improve before he gets replaced in the off season.

Three7s
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM

I'm not used to you being an optimist!

pbatrucker
11-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Kendrick Lewis was out for the Houston, Oakland and Denver games and we got torched with the deep ball. I've mentioned a couple of times he is more important to our defense than people think.
There is a CB in the next draft out of Miami That is the spitting image of Flowers that would be a nice replacement for Carr.

SIC J
11-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I said it at the beginning of the season and I'll say it again........

Chiefs biggest issue is defending the pass and get burned on the long ball. This still hasn't changed so far this year.

brish
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM

Gets my vote too.. What the hell happened?!

Three7s
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Gets my vote too.. What the hell happened?!
Fat and happy with a new contract.

70 chiefsfan70
11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Fat and happy with a new contract.

And so it appears!

chief31
11-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not used to you being an optimist!

I'm not.

I just see a team that has been using the tolls they have alot more effectively than I could have imagined.

The Broncos game wasn't a game.

We came out sluggish, and it was over before we were able to get our **** together.

I feel like we played more than well enough to win the road game in Oakland, just like in Houston.

We played at Indy and were right on the verge of a win there.

The Broncos game is the only one that really bothers me. And that just happened way too fast.

Basically, this team has performed far better than I expected them to. And the problem areas I see have been well compensated for, to this point.

The positives are outweighing the negatives, for me.

Cassel, Bowe, DJ, Flowers, our run game...

Unless we have another let-down, I am gonna be pretty happy with what we have.

I still see this team as being significantly improved over last season.

And it has been awhile. :D

Three7s
11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I guess I can see that, but the injury situation is starting to really concern me. IMO, that was why we got torched. I hear Lewis is back to practicing in full, so that should help.

Besides that Denver game and when healthy, what would you say we look like as a team record wise? With the injuries right now, I'd say 6-10, but when fully healthy, more like 10-6ish.

chief31
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I guess I can see that, but the injury situation is starting to really concern me. IMO, that was why we got torched. I hear Lewis is back to practicing in full, so that should help.

Besides that Denver game and when healthy, what would you say we look like as a team record wise? With the injuries right now, I'd say 6-10, but when fully healthy, more like 10-6ish.

Well, considering what this staff has done with a team that I thought, for sure, was a sub-.500 team, I would not be surprised if this is a 10-6 team, either way.

But I'm not going to go crazy if we don't.

Boxermm187
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
starting to go alittle crazy

OMGLadyGaga
11-18-2010, 02:30 AM
I love my chiefs and never wanna say a bad thing about any of them...BUT...the way this team has played they should be 1-5 in their last 6. That kinda sucks cuz with a 3-0 start they looked like they could win a weak division. However you can also argue that we could be 8-1. Thats the thing with the nfl, teams either find a way to win or find a way to lose. The talent level is so evenly matched on all nfl teams that some teams just get the breaks they need to win. As for the worst starters that we have....Chambers is an absolute joke. Carr has been getting picked on, but as someone mentioned with no pass rush any cornerback is going to struggle. Our safetys are young/inexperienced/injured to be able to help a struggling corner like Carrr. Im not ready to give up on him just yet though, he matches up against the opposing team's best WR more often than Flowers does. Which is wierd but w/e. Also Flowers, i know everybody loves him and he has a super bright future ahead but Oakland really beat up on him and im not just talking about those two long passes that led to the field goals. Especially with the outs-routes and comeback routes he was getting torched. And other teams have done the same to him, he is very hard to beat deep and i am happy that he keeps ppl in front of him but they still make crucial 3rd down conversions on him.

I ranted and lost track lol...but ya this team if it plays well can compete with just about anybody. And sometimes we give qb's problems: Rivers, Manning, Smith, Fitzpatrick (coming off 3 great weeks no less). But other times the pass defense looks like absolute crap. Even the Jags 38th string qb had a pretty good game vs. KC. This inconsistency is maddening to watch as a fan. Romeo Crennel has a big reputation and i guess he's doing the best he can with the players at hand but our defense gets absolutely no respect from opposing teams. The run D has been fixed (kinda) compared to the past few seasons, but it doesnt help if we stop their rushing on first and second down only to be beaten by a 3rd down conversion. It doesnt help that our own 3rd down conv. is pathetic. Ahhh...i hope KC can salvage the season and finish strong. It would be absolutely amazing to make the playoffs and once you get in anything can happen!!