PDA

View Full Version : Cassel hurt ankle at the end of Denver game?

Ryfo18
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I just read a tweet from Nick Wright that he's "hearing from players that Chiefs QB Matt Cassel got his ankle hurt badly near the end of Denver game."

I think this would be horrible news. I like Brodie, but I really like how Matt has played this year, especially in the turnover department. Needless to say if this is the case, I don't think there is any question why Todd Haley was pissed at the end of the game.

C Louie
11-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I just read a tweet from Nick Wright that he's "hearing from players that Chiefs QB Matt Cassel got his ankle hurt badly near the end of Denver game."

I think this would be horrible news. I like Brodie, but I really like how Matt has played this year, especially in the turnover department. Needless to say if this is the case, I don't think there is any question why Todd Haley was pissed at the end of the game.

To all of the Cassel haters out there. Be careful what you wish for...I think if Brodie is our guy we are in SERIOUS trouble.

CapitalT
11-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Cassel showed "I'm the guy" character last Sunday. He kept trying to rally the team - there was no quit in him. I still think Cassel needs to improve his accuracy and make quicker decisions but there is no doubt he is the leader of this team ... at least in my eyes.

I still not 100% sure about Cassel but last Sunday proved to me that Cassel has heart. I want to see more of him at this point but he should sit out the game if needs to heal.

marloweopatchiefs
11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
apparently it wasn't that big of an injury as cassel played the whole game..he will be the starter sunday just as any other sunday..

pbatrucker
11-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Cassel's fine, practice as isual. Waters watching, McCluster walking around the field. Lewis running with 1st team defense. Moeaki no where to be seen.

Ryfo18
11-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Cassel's fine, practice as isual. Waters watching, McCluster walking around the field. Lewis running with 1st team defense. Moeaki no where to be seen.

Nick Wright mentioned it looked like Cassel was favoring his ankle in sprints...Usually first, this time dead last. I assume you're there watching. Notice that?

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I would take Cassell over Brodie any day of the week! Cryole sucks, he is always hurt! We need Matt to have any chance to make the playoffs! Cassell is in the top 10 QB list this season!

pbatrucker
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Nick Wright mentioned it looked like Cassel was favoring his ankle in sprints...Usually first, this time dead last. I assume you're there watching. Notice that?

Practice report from BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (www.bobgretz.com)

rodu
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
no Moeaki is badwrong

wildcat
11-17-2010, 03:37 PM
It's hard to argue that Cassel has not done a good job this year. I would even go as far as to say that he is having a solid season. Lets hope he's OK.

C Louie
11-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Moeaki no where to be seen.

I read that he has a concussion and will not play Sunday. Not good.

rodu
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM

that means he could be gone a week or many

honda522
11-17-2010, 07:42 PM
I still don't think Cassel is our guy. I am hoping we can draft a guy next year and maybe start to develop him. I actaully like Jacory Harris from Miami

Sick Dog
11-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Chiefs can win with Cassel drafting a QB will just make this process take that much longer and to many QBs are busts coming out...no guarantees. Hell Cassel does not have that much experience and doing pretty good get him a big time receiver is the better way to go in the draft.

marloweopatchiefs
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
i don't know where people keep getting these false claims of cassel being hurt. Cassel is fine and he will be are starter sunday...i have been googling and looking on espn nfl.com etc and have heard nothing of cassel being hurt..so where you people are getting your sources is beyond me..even kcchiefs.com has nothing

marloweopatchiefs
11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Arrowhead Report: Wednesday, November 17th (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arrowhead-Report-Wednesday-November-17th/a5d279f4-0aaa-436e-b5a3-3445b6fec2e3)

Actually here you go..you can put the cassel is hurt to rest...he is not on the injury list.

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 07:15 AM

Got to be able to deal with key injuries.

pbatrucker
11-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Got to be able to deal with key injuries.
There lies the problem. Too many people are forgetting we are we are a young and yes rebuilding team that was exceeding expectations. Truth is neither coordinator has all the pieces he needs to work with and we do not have the depth to over come injuries to key personnel. Too many people are expecting too much too soon.

honda522
11-18-2010, 10:39 AM
i don't know where people keep getting these false claims of cassel being hurt. Cassel is fine and he will be are starter sunday...i have been googling and looking on espn nfl.com etc and have heard nothing of cassel being hurt..so where you people are getting your sources is beyond me..even kcchiefs.com has nothing

There is no denying he was hobbling around on that ankle in the 4th Q.

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
There lies the problem. Too many people are forgetting we are we are a young and yes rebuilding team that was exceeding expectations. Truth is neither coordinator has all the pieces he needs to work with and we do not have the depth to over come injuries to key personnel. Too many people are expecting too much too soon.

Not expecting too much; merely stating what, I think, is the obvious. Every NFL team experiences key injuries and they have to find away to deal with them.

wilqb16
11-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I think Cassel was hurt most of the 2nd half. Late in the game he went off on a run and could barely hobble up the field.

Like Cassel or not, anyone have to admit he showed the heart of a warrior on Sunday.