PDA

View Full Version : ****Kansas City-Denver Donkeys Game Thread****

prough91
09-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Hold on to the damn ball!

prough91
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
It's Martyball! Woo hoo! This game might be fun to watch after all. The D looks good so far.

prough91
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Is anyone else loving this?

prough91
09-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Colquitt might be our MVP

Guru
09-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Damn. Sorry I left ya all alone out here today. I was soo into the game I got caught up in a chat room.

Ending sucked but the D is extremely promising.

Time management is a problem though and that is on the coach.

chief31
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately, we'll, likely be depending upon the defense to perform as well as they did today, for the rest of the season.

I can't imagine where we will be getting any points from. The running game was decent. If we could get some passing to compliment that, then we could make a little noise.

Without a capable pair of OTs, we will remain a weak offensive team. They appear to have been better today. The fact that Huard seemed to have more time to throw, was due to the play-calling. Quick-slants and max-protect are not going to make an effective passing attack.

But, I was quite surprised by our defense. We darn-near won that game.(would have owed "the fake" a big thank you.)

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
chief31 wrote:
Unfortunately, we'll, likely be depending upon the defense to perform as well as they did today, for the rest of the season.

I can't imagine where we will be getting any points from. The running game was decent. If we could get some passing to compliment that, then we could make a little noise.

Without a capable pair of OTs, we will remain a weak offensive team. They appear to have been better today. The fact that Huard seemed to have more time to throw, was due to the play-calling. Quick-slants and max-protect are not going to make an effective passing attack.

But, I was quite surprised by our defense. We darn-near won that game.(would have owed "the fake" a big thank you.)

Lets just hope we can find a way to get this offense rolling. The D cannot carry an entire season for anyone. Not even baltimore or Tampa Bay's excellent defenses couldn't win every game.

Time management was our killer today.

chief31
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Overall, I was quite pleased with a team that I thought was dead and bloated.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
chief31 wrote:
Overall, I was quite pleased with a team that I thought was dead and bloated.

Oh, most definitely. I have never felt so positive after a loss.

chief31
09-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Me too. Especially cosidering how crappy I felt after last weekend. I loved seeing Page in the game. Would have liked to have seen more of Pollard too. the guy just seems to be around the ball alot.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Pollard WILL get his shots. Sooner than you think too. He is getting closer and closer to being the guy we all hope he will be.

kenny1937
09-18-2006, 12:25 AM
What I saw was two enept offenses, held together by two pretty good defenses. KC defense bent but did not break, and unfortunately the same is true of the Donk's, and all that Jake the fake had to do in overtime was get in field goal range to win the game. Because of the QB situation the offense was more conservative than usual and all that the Donk's did was change their offensive scheme to throw the KC defense off just a little to get their two field goal tries in the second half, including the overtime. Reality is that we are going to come up against some pretty good offenses in the near future and the same conservative game calling will result in defeat after defeat. Bottom Line is that Horrid is going to have to get a crash course in Quarterbacking so that the offense can become more productive, or the defense is going to have to do some scoring as well as holding the offenses out of the End Zone. Nough Said, GO CHIEF'S!!!!!

:cry: :cry:

Chiefster
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
What I saw was two enept offenses, held together by two pretty good defenses. KC defense bent but did not break, and unfortunately the same is true of the Donk's, and all that Jake the fake had to do in overtime was get in field goal range to win the game. Because of the QB situation the offense was more conservative than usual and all that the Donk's did was change their offensive scheme to throw the KC defense off just a little to get their two field goal tries in the second half, including the overtime. Reality is that we are going to come up against some pretty good offenses in the near future and the same conservative game calling will result in defeat after defeat. Bottom Line is that Horrid is going to have to get a crash course in Quarterbacking so that the offense can become more productive, or the defense is going to have to do some scoring as well as holding the offenses out of the End Zone. Nough Said, GO CHIEF'S!!!!!

:cry: :cry:

Agreed! I haven't seen the game, but from the sound of things it looks as if Marty-ball has been reincarnated.

kenny1937
09-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Game is on tape if you want to see it, Tell Little Chiefster that the new score to beat in Age of Empires II is 668478, will be glad to let you borrow tape or watch it with me on Big Screen. GO CHIEF'S!!!

8-)

Chiefster
09-18-2006, 02:37 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Game is on tape if you want to see it, Tell Little Chiefster that the new score to beat in Age of Empires II is 668478, will be glad to let you borrow tape or watch it with me on Big Screen. GO CHIEF'S!!!

8-)

I'll come over tomorrow....er I mean later today and watch it with ya.

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Glad you could make it over, I am through crying over this one, I have to admit that I was encouraged briefly during the initial drive down field, until LJ fumbled the football, had we at least gotten a field goal out of that drive, the final score would have been 9-6 Chief's. Oh well here is to the Bye week, GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: 8-)

Chiefster
09-19-2006, 02:31 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Glad you could make it over, I am through crying over this one, I have to admit that I was encouraged briefly during the initial drive down field, until LJ fumbled the football, had we at least gotten a field goal out of that drive, the final score would have been 9-6 Chief's. Oh well here is to the Bye week, GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: 8-)

Yep! I gotta bad feeling that this may well be the most productive week the Chiefs have this year. At least they won't lose a game this week.
:pint: :pint:

Guru
09-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Yep! I gotta bad feeling that this may well be the most productive week the Chiefs have this year. At least they won't lose a game this week.

we are always finding new ways to lose. This week, Trent will announce that he is done for the season. Counts as a loss to me.

Chiefster
09-19-2006, 02:41 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

we are always finding new ways to lose. This week, Trent will announce that he is done for the season. Counts as a loss to me.

True. :cry:

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey Chiefster, Guru, just when I was getting over the feeling of hopelessness, and feeling good about the bye week, you have to go and ruin it with the news that possibly we could even lose the bye week, well it's back to the Dr. Pepper! GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: