PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald on Todd Haley

honda522
11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
The One Trick Pony (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/The-One-Trick-Pony/1b1ac161-b309-4fe7-9cc2-6e3e6a38df65)

Great Article...Makes you wonder how possible it is for Fitz to come here after his contract with Az is up.

Ryfo18
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
It's possible, and I'm hoping....Arizona is going to try real hard to lock him up though.

tornadospotter
11-18-2010, 10:58 AM
The One Trick Pony (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/The-One-Trick-Pony/1b1ac161-b309-4fe7-9cc2-6e3e6a38df65)

Great Article...Makes you wonder how possible it is for Fitz to come here after his contract with Az is up.
Great Find! Thanks for posting it.

Seek
11-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow, you don't usually see players say stuff like that. It sounds line Fitz is either using us to get a bigger contract or telling the Cardinals that he is wanting out.

N TX Dave
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow, you don't usually see players say stuff like that. It sounds line Fitz is either using us to get a bigger contract or telling the Cardinals that he is wanting out.

No I think he is just being truthful and really respects Todd and is thankful he pushed him to be a better player. I think people are reading too much into it.

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 02:01 PM
It would be a good thing to have Fitz in KC!

captainamerica
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
With them just trading Boldin, I would be shocked if they let Fitzgerald go after this season. Without a QB though and a so-so team overall, maybe they will let him go and sort of start over again. I hope this is the case, because Fitzgerald would make our team amazing.

If we could pick him up, we could than focus our draft on defense and the o-line. Imagine our offense with our running game, Bowe, Fitzgerald and McCluster all working together. We would be nearly unstoppable.

honda522
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't see why Fitz just wouldn't sign a new contract when the time comes..Either way, anyone reading this should have even more faith in Haley

Seek
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
No I think he is just being truthful and really respects Todd and is thankful he pushed him to be a better player. I think people are reading too much into it.

You don't see players under contract saying they will play for another coach, in Canada, any where etc... if they were not positioning themselves for a bigger contract or for a contract with the team they are talking about.

Players under contract don't say who they will or will not play for. They stay professional and remain loyal to the team they are under contract. He did mention that in his comments but after the fact a as a cover up.

We also Know that AZ is a very cheap team.

N TX Dave
11-18-2010, 05:51 PM
You don't see players under contract saying they will play for another coach, in Canada, any where etc... if they were not positioning themselves for a bigger contract or for a contract with the team they are talking about.

Players under contract don't say who they will or will not play for. They stay professional and remain loyal to the team they are under contract. He did mention that in his comments but after the fact a as a cover up.

That is why I think he just has a lot of respect for Haley and is trying to say how much he appreciates what Haley did for him and he also knows that Haley would sign him if given the chance and does not have to position himself for it. AZ knows that he will be signed somewhere if they don't because he is too good not to be.

Boxermm187
11-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Arizona is a sinking ship right now. KC is building a empire.......fitz coming to KC would be sweet!

captainamerica
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Imagine this dream scenario, we sign Larry Fitzgerald, than in the draft we go after a solid OLB to compliment Hali in the 1st round and than go after a O-line in the sequencing rounds.

That would make our defense loaded with young natural talent. Our D-line would have two top 5 picks and a solid NT on it, our linebacking core would have Hali, Johnson, and our new 1st rounder. Our secondary would have both Berry and Flowers in it. Our defense would be beastly.

Our offense with Bowe, McCluster, Charles, Moeaki, and Fitzgerald would be extremely tough for any team to deal with, and our special teams with Arenas and McCluster at return would be solid as well. If we signed Fitzgerald, we would be a serious playoff contender.

Pro_Angler
11-18-2010, 07:59 PM
It would be a good thing to have Fitz in KC!

no one to throw the ball consistently good:chiefs:

Seek
11-18-2010, 09:47 PM
You still don't see players under contrar say that. You may hear the first part but not the I will play for Haley part. That was too much information for a player under contract. He was basically telling the chiefs to get into a bidding war for him.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2010, 09:53 PM
You guys are dreaming if you think Fitz will come to KC. If in fact he does leave Az., which I don't think he will, there will be far to many other teams with good or great QB's that will throw buckets of money at him.

tornadospotter
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
You guys are dreaming if you think Fitz will come to KC. If in fact he does leave Az., which I don't think he will, there will be far to many other teams with good or great QB's that will throw buckets of money at him.
Who care if he does or not, what I got from that article, is that Hailey pushes players to reach for their potential, and this was a plus to me for Hailey. It was a encouragement, that Hailey is a Coach that is doing what needs to be done in teaching and pushing players to be worth a spot on a NFL Team, and motivate them to fulfill their talent, ability and skills.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Who care if he does or not, what I got from that article, is that Hailey pushes players to reach for their potential, and this was a plus to me for Hailey. It was a encouragement, that Hailey is a Coach that is doing what needs to be done in teaching and pushing players to be worth a spot on a NFL Team, and motivate them to fulfill their talent, ability and skills.
I think Haley has done a good job for us. He has made a few mistakes but that can be said about every coach in the league. These guys have forgotten more about football than we will ever know regardless of what we all think we know. He is a hard a$$ once in a while but I personally think that is needed from time to time with some of the premadonna's (sp). I like his firey attitude. The players know where he stands and that's all they can ask for. Up front, no BS, tell it like it is. I think he will be here for a bit and if he can develope some guys that can play together for a few years, he can have some success with the Chiefs.

Stumplifter
11-18-2010, 11:41 PM

Exactly

figcrostic
11-19-2010, 12:03 AM

doesn't he get paid something like 10 million a year?

figcrostic
11-19-2010, 12:04 AM

I'm pretty sure Fitzgerald and Bowe combo would make about any QB look like a pro-bowler.

josh1971
11-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Fitzgerald and Bowe combo would make about any QB look like a pro-bowler.

And back defenses off to open up some serious opportunities for Charles and Jones. And with Fitz and Bowe, that takes heat off Moeacki in coverage.

Makes a good case for getting a kick-arse wideout whether or not it's Fitzgerald.

Chiefster
11-19-2010, 07:28 AM
And back defenses off to open up some serious opportunities for Charles and Jones. And with Fitz and Bowe, that takes heat off Moeacki in coverage.

Makes a good case for getting a kick-arse wideout whether or not it's Fitzgerald.

It does indeed!

nigeriannightmare
11-19-2010, 09:50 AM

throw in charles, jones,mccluster, and moeaki...watch out! Man that would be awesome.

Seek
11-19-2010, 10:01 AM
doesn't he get paid something like 10 million a year?

Yes, and may experts say they are refusing to spend money again because of that contract. Which is why they are tanking so fast over going to the superbowl. They could have paid, Warner some money to keep him from retiring, but they are using the success they had the last couple years to put money back in the bank for spending it on Fitz...

Drunker Hillbilly
11-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes, and may experts say they are refusing to spend money again because of that contract. Which is why they are tanking so fast over going to the superbowl. They could have paid, Warner some money to keep him from retiring, but they are using the success they had the last couple years to put money back in the bank for spending it on Fitz...
They could have doubled Warners salary and he was NOT coming back. I hear him probably 2-3 times a week on local radio or TV. He has said multiple times that there was no possibility of him coming back, and I quote "no matter the amount of money they would have offered". I'm sure that means reasonably speaking because I'm sure if they offered him $50 million guaranteed he would have came back but he knew that wasn't happening.

I'll say this, if we can't get pressure on Anderson this week, we need to just quit! Az has one of if not the worst O line in football. Their defense is terrible so I have no doubt we will score points but let's face it our defense has been terrible as well. Special teams will be key in this game too. They have a guy Stevens-Howling that can take it to the house at any point. One other thing, keep an eye out for Steve Breaston, Fitz has been getting most of the attention and Breaston has had a few huge games with Anderson throwing the ball. They seem to have a better connection than Anderson and Fitz do. Breaston catches a lot of balls across the middle and his YAC's are pretty good.